PDA

View Full Version : Keytoan Thompson

NCMSTFAN
09-30-2021, 06:43 PM
He is on ESPN right now playing for Virginia.. the kid looks good. They use him all over the field. RB, QB and WR. He is a jack of all trade type player and he wanted to play at MSU. I hate that he left but our coaches didn't want to play him when he earned that right even of it wasn't at QB. Go look at his stats for the year, he is all over the field doing it all fo VA

NCMSTFAN
09-30-2021, 06:50 PM
If your watching he is #99... They've gone to him about 4 or 5 times already in the 1st

BulldogBear
09-30-2021, 07:03 PM
I wish him all the best. What is he classified as now? With all these anomalies the past two seasons it is hard to keep up with.

NCMSTFAN
09-30-2021, 07:33 PM
I think he is considered a redshirt Senior now

Quaoarsking
09-30-2021, 07:39 PM
I think he is considered a redshirt Senior now

He should be able to return next year if he wants to.

He played for us in 2017 and 2018, then redshirted in 2019, and 2020 was a free year for everyone, leaving him 2 more after last year.

Commercecomet24
09-30-2021, 07:43 PM
He should be able to return next year if he wants to.

He played for us in 2017 and 2018, then redshirted in 2019, and 2020 was a free year for everyone, leaving him 2 more after last year.

Man he's gonna be in college til he's 30!

Irondawg
09-30-2021, 08:27 PM
Wait, wasn?t the reason he transferred because he didn?t want to play wr here or do I remember that situation incorrectly?

Commercecomet24
09-30-2021, 08:30 PM
Wait, wasn?t the reason he transferred because he didn?t want to play wr here or do I remember that situation incorrectly?

Yes he wanted to play qb and not another position.

RocketDawg
09-30-2021, 09:06 PM
Have you noticed that there aren't many fans in the stadium? Miami just doesn't and never has supported their college football team. I suppose the city/metro is just too big for anybody to care about college sports.

Irondawg
09-30-2021, 09:32 PM
KT with a bad series there to start the 4th- didn?t get his head around on a hot route and then dropped a Td pass.

He apparently had an injured left hand with a soft cast or something.

BrunswickDawg
09-30-2021, 10:05 PM
Have you noticed that there aren't many fans in the stadium? Miami just doesn't and never has supported their college football team. I suppose the city/metro is just too big for anybody to care about college sports.
They supported Miami just fine in the 80s and 90s when they played at the old Orange Bowl. Moving from downtown in Little Havana to the burbs in Miami Gardens killed their attendance. Of course, making 4 bad hires in a row hasn't helped either.

Really Clark?
10-01-2021, 07:25 AM
He is on ESPN right now playing for Virginia.. the kid looks good. They use him all over the field. RB, QB and WR. He is a jack of all trade type player and he wanted to play at MSU. I hate that he left but our coaches didn't want to play him when he earned that right even of it wasn't at QB. Go look at his stats for the year, he is all over the field doing it all fo VA

That's not accurate and the coaches here was trying to get him to buy into what he is doing at VA. That's on KT not our coaches. KT wanted play QB at State. Period. Not any other position and hadn't earned any rights to another position to start when he was here. He didn't want or work to be a starting WR here.

FISHDAWG
10-01-2021, 07:32 AM

I've noticed that... maybe the populous there prefers soccer. And I didn't say that with any intent of meanness

NCMSTFAN
10-01-2021, 07:59 AM
That's not accurate and the coaches here was trying to get him to buy into what he is doing at VA. That's on KT not our coaches. KT wanted play QB at State. Period. Not any other position and hadn't earned any rights to another position to start when he was here. He didn't want or work to be a starting WR here.

He moved positions at State, he played at Receiver in the Egg Bowl. Of course he wanted to be a QB but he also wanted to play for State.

Hot Rock
10-01-2021, 10:28 AM
All I know is that he helped State to a win over Louisville and Lamar Jackson.

I would have to speculate the rest, since I don't have any inside information.

I doubt that he was ever going play QB for State. He had 3 different HC's not use him as our #1 starting QB while at State and then a fourth one at VA. Whatever or whenever something happened for him to decide or get the chance to get on the field wherever he can fit in, I will be a fan. I cannot blame our HC's for playing the guys they think were the best for what they were doing, nor can I blame him for leaving for playing time.

Mullen did have the ability to use a poor passer and still get wins so things may have been different if Mullen had stayed. That was not our choice to make.

Liverpooldawg
10-01-2021, 10:35 AM
I've noticed that... maybe the populous there prefers soccer. And I didn't say that with any intent of meanness

They don't support that either. Miami (as in the city) supports big winners. When one of their teams is winning big they have great crowds. Otherwise they don't.

was21
10-01-2021, 11:38 AM
...kind of like lsu

BB30
10-01-2021, 02:22 PM
Man he's gonna be in college til he's 30!

That is exactly what I was thinking watching last night. It feels like he's already been in college forever. Hey college until 30 doesn't seem like the worst deal in the world though. He'll probably graduate with a grad degree or two.

Commercecomet24
10-01-2021, 02:28 PM
That is exactly what I was thinking watching last night. It feels like he's already been in college forever. Hey college until 30 doesn't seem like the worst deal in the world though. He'll probably graduate with a grad degree or two.

Agreed and if I remember right he's a pretty good student so I'm sure he's gonna make the most of his time. Heck I've known people in the past who I've called eternal students that weren't athletes, lol. He's in the Taysom Hill forever at BYU mode.