PDA

View Full Version : If Dak plays MSU wins 27-17

Dawg61
11-16-2013, 11:24 PM
Mullen better not of been holding him out because he thought he had no chance. If so run hit out right now. No bullshit here guys. Was Dak Prescott healthy enough to have played? I can't believe Russell pulled himself out because he told Mullen "I'm not putting enough behind the ball". Phillip Rivers played an entire playoff game with a torn ACL.

CadaverDawg
11-16-2013, 11:26 PM
Haha, the Mullen crowd is about to crucify you.

Saltydog
11-16-2013, 11:31 PM
play with a bloody nose........

Coach34
11-16-2013, 11:32 PM
Dakota didnt dress because he is hurt. Fact is, he may not even play next Saturday because he is injured- threads like this are insane.

Coach34
11-16-2013, 11:34 PM
play with a bloody nose........

yeah- Russell bowing out like he did was embarrassing. No marbles

Dawgface
11-16-2013, 11:39 PM
I say bs to that. AL is the type team that can raise their level of play to meet the circumstances presented to them. I would have loved to have had dak available but I doubt it would have mattered. And how does anyone here know how hurt tyler was?

Political Hack
11-16-2013, 11:46 PM
Russell gets his throwing shoulder hurt... embarrassment.

Dak gets his non throwing shoulder hurt... he's hurt as bad as Joe was.

Dak has beat Bowling Green. Let's not pretend our 60 rush yards would've turned into 200 with Dak.

Dawg61
11-16-2013, 11:48 PM
Dakota didnt dress because he is hurt. Fact is, he may not even play next Saturday because he is injured- threads like this are insane.

Consider it a Jordan Jefferson type of doubt with Mullen and Dak. I'm trusting my gut here and it says Dak could have played. Terrible terrible call by Mullen. He would of won with Dak in front of 70 recruits and 1,000 more on National TV. That would of been a MONUMENTAL win for MSU and put the program in top 15 category. HUGE mistake by Mullen. Say all you want that Dak couldn't play but I ain't eating that load of shit.

MetEdDawg
11-16-2013, 11:56 PM
I like how you and other fans are calling out Mullen for holding back his best QB, yet you have NO FREAKING CLUE whether or not it's true. So you come on here and blast Mullen then turn around and say "I'm trusting my gut here"?? This is total horse shit and it's why this fan base blows sometimes. We blast Mullen for some dumbass conspiracy theory that we have no basis on what so ever. Typical MSU fans. Following each other around waiting for someone to say something off the wall that they can hang their hat on to blast someone else so they can feel better. This is the kind of crap our fan base needs to get away from.

Coach34
11-16-2013, 11:59 PM
wow- I just have no response. State has ortho surgeons making the call- you have your gut.

It's like talking to Forrest Gump

hacker
11-17-2013, 12:08 AM
wow, this board should require passing a breathalyzer before allowing posting privileges

drunkernhelldawg
11-17-2013, 12:33 AM
wow, this board should require passing a breathalyzer before allowing posting privileges

Guess I'd be sayin' goodbye.

Todd4State
11-17-2013, 12:45 AM
Seriously people. Let's look at the facts. Dak left during the Texas A&M game because of this current injury and Tyler finished it out. You can't sit there and tell me that Dan planned that out like that. If he was worried about Dak getting hurt or was saving him, why not just start Tyler than come up with this injury conspiracy theory? All he has to do is say "I thought Tyler had the better week of practice and I thought he gave us the best chance to win. Next question."

Also about Tyler- per Paul Jones his throwing arm was wrapped up and he could barely move it. At this point, who knows what's wrong with it? I'm sure we will find out later this week. I don't know what this nonsense about a bloody nose is, but that wasn't why he didn't go back into the game.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Damien starts against Arkansas at all. And the sad thing is I remember telling people that we should go out and get a serviceable JUCO QB for this very scenario. If we're going to run our QB's like we are, we need to get more than two.

cheewgumm
11-17-2013, 12:52 AM
I don't doubt any of them are really hurt. Also, I like Williams and think he'll give us a good shot agaisnt Arkansas, but what happens if he goes down? Jameion?

Seriously people. Let's look at the facts. Dak left during the Texas A&M game because of this current injury and Tyler finished it out. You can't sit there and tell me that Dan planned that out like that. If he was worried about Dak getting hurt or was saving him, why not just start Tyler than come up with this injury conspiracy theory? All he has to do is say "I thought Tyler had the better week of practice and I thought he gave us the best chance to win. Next question."

Also about Tyler- per Paul Jones his throwing arm was wrapped up and he could barely move it. At this point, who knows what's wrong with it? I'm sure we will find out later this week. I don't know what this nonsense about a bloody nose is, but that wasn't why he didn't go back into the game.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Damien starts against Arkansas at all. And the sad thing is I remember telling people that we should go out and get a serviceable JUCO QB for this very scenario. If we're going to run our QB's like we are, we need to get more than two.

TUSK
11-17-2013, 12:55 AM
No.

Mullen better not of been holding him out because he thought he had no chance. If so run hit out right now. No bullshit here guys. Was Dak Prescott healthy enough to have played? I can't believe Russell pulled himself out because he told Mullen "I'm not putting enough behind the ball". Phillip Rivers played an entire playoff game with a torn ACL.

Todd4State
11-17-2013, 12:57 AM
Consider it a Jordan Jefferson type of doubt with Mullen and Dak. I'm trusting my gut here and it says Dak could have played. Terrible terrible call by Mullen. He would of won with Dak in front of 70 recruits and 1,000 more on National TV. That would of been a MONUMENTAL win for MSU and put the program in top 15 category. HUGE mistake by Mullen. Say all you want that Dak couldn't play but I ain't eating that load of shit.

Number one- You don't know that we would have won with Dak. I'd still say it's highly doubtful that we beat them with Dak. Heck, our odds aren't bad with Tyler after those two late Alabama turnovers on the 20.

Number two- Dan is way too competitive to do that. The other coaches on the team are way too competitive and would probably have a near mutiny. If Dan did that, he would be banking everything on the last two games. He can't afford to do that. It doesn't make any sense to do it. Especially since Alabama, as good as they are, are near the bottom in the SEC in sacks.

Number three- you really think Dan is going to get in a position where we actually get two key turnovers and is going to say, "17 it, put Damien in"? Croom wouldn't even do that.

Dawg61
11-17-2013, 12:59 AM
Look fellas I'm a little pissed we just shit the bed vs Bama. 4 turnovers. Unreal. Opportunities like this happen once every 10 years. Maybe. And to top it off my boy DeRunnya drops a touchdown. Just very disappointed right now.

smootness
11-17-2013, 12:59 AM
This thread is an embarrassment on several levels.

Having a torn ACL is not the same thing as a hurt throwing shoulder...tough to play with, no doubt, but if Tyler couldn't get it done, there was no point in putting him out there. Might as well go with the guy who gives us the best shot. And despite some early issues, Damian Williams did exactly what he needed to do...put a strike on D. Wilson for the TD. If Wilson catches that, we're down 6 and it's a ballgame. Can't ask for anything more than that.

Anyone stop to think that Russell basically pulling himself was a selfless act intended to put the team above himself? Geez, our fans totally and completely suck sometimes. The guy has never once sulked despite getting a raw deal in several ways, and yet we can't wait to just bash the guy.

smootness
11-17-2013, 01:01 AM
Look fellas I'm a little pissed we just shit the bed vs Bama. 4 turnovers. Unreal. Opportunities like this happen once every 10 years. Maybe. And to top it off my boy DeRunnya drops a touchdown. Just very disappointed right now.

I don't care if you're disappointed. Don't come in here and insult a kid who has given everything he has for the program and the school. It's the epitome of childish and petty.

Todd4State
11-17-2013, 01:04 AM
I don't doubt any of them are really hurt. Also, I like Williams and think he'll give us a good shot agaisnt Arkansas, but what happens if he goes down? Jameion?

My guess is it would be Jameon- at least that's what I would do- or a walk-on like that Jon Hand guy. We would basically be running the wildcat with Tubby all game long.

I've always thought Damien was a solid pick-up. But I hope his issues tonight were a product of a lack of reps more than anything else. We'll probably have to simplify the offense to what he is most comfortable with. Little Rock is a tough place to play in. And they are playing better lately. So, that's a pretty tough assignment.

Dawg61
11-17-2013, 01:51 AM
I don't care if you're disappointed. Don't come in here and insult a kid who has given everything he has for the program and the school. It's the epitome of childish and petty.

Just prefer more Phillip Rivers and less Jay Cutler there

Bothrops
11-17-2013, 05:36 AM
I say bs to that. AL is the type team that can raise their level of play to meet the circumstances presented to them. I
would have loved to have had dak available but I doubt it would have mattered. And how does anyone here know how hurt tyler was?

I agree with this post. Dak could have possibly scored inside the 5, but we still lose this game.

What doesn't make any sense is after all the punishment Tyler took last year during games, he kept playing and performing. Now, as a senior, he gets hurt and comes out in both games he starts?? I seriously question these injury reports and wonder if losing the starting job has left him with sour grapes. I know there's a psychological toll there, but to his credit, he is one of the best passers in the country and doesn't get any recognition for being any good.

BulldogBear
11-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Apologies if this has been covered but on my phone I can only see the first 15 or so posts. I think the finger on offense is being pointed in the wrong place here. We didn't need Dak to win last night surpirsingly. Obviously, there's the FG issue...but even that's not where I'm ultimately pointing. The defense giving up a TD at end of first half was huge. This is a serious problem. We can't finish the first half....but even that is not where I'm pointing to the worst offenders. And here it is: I'm sick and 17ing tired of dropped passes. JL didn't show up last night on spcl teams and dropped 3 straight passes in Bama territory in late 4qtr with game on line. Wilson dropped a TD WITH GAME ON LINE. These are guys that are normally praisworthy. Dropped passes did more to kill us tonight than ever before. When we have to pass because of no Dak, this crap is unacceptable. 17 who can run a route, we were barely ever open anyway. We need to put in some players that can catch a football in traffic when it hits them right in the hands. They will be more or less covered anyway so last nightt hands would have been more important than any ability to create seperation. That's my opinion.

basedog
11-17-2013, 10:52 AM
You are wrong 61, Dak is hurt.

Political Hack
11-17-2013, 11:08 AM
This thread is an embarrassment on several levels.

Having a torn ACL is not the same thing as a hurt throwing shoulder...tough to play with, no doubt, but if Tyler couldn't get it done, there was no point in putting him out there. Might as well go with the guy who gives us the best shot. And despite some early issues, Damian Williams did exactly what he needed to do...put a strike on D. Wilson for the TD. If Wilson catches that, we're down 6 and it's a ballgame. Can't ask for anything more than that.

Anyone stop to think that Russell basically pulling himself was a selfless act intended to put the team above himself? Geez, our fans totally and completely suck sometimes. The guy has never once sulked despite getting a raw deal in several ways, and yet we can't wait to just bash the guy.

nailed. This pisses me off more than anything. DON'T BASH ONE OF OUR OWN. Period. EVER. The guy ahs given more to the program than any of us ever will.

CadaverDawg
11-17-2013, 11:28 AM
nailed. This pisses me off more than anything. DON'T BASH ONE OF OUR OWN. Period. EVER. The guy ahs given more to the program than any of us ever will.

Why not delete the thread then? Hell, if this was a thread saying something negative about Mullen it would have been locked and deleted immediately.

If the message is going to be controlled, control it.

Just my opinion.

blacklistedbully
11-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Like I said before, without doubt, one of the dumbest mofos on this board.

DawgsBite34
11-17-2013, 11:48 AM

Well while everybody else is jumping on your ass I agree with you, if we would've had Prescott last night I think we would've pulled it off. The guy is just a playmaker. And most importantly Mullen's playbook can open back up. I honestly believe we have a bout 5-10 plays tops that Russell can run. We would've got in for a TD from the 2 yard line, with 2 possessions inside Bama territory I feel much better with 15. I think we would've beat their ass

HunterDawg
11-17-2013, 12:23 PM

There is risk in using your QB as a primary running back. He takes hard hits from DL, LB's, safeties, etc. Russell was injured in the first game on a running play. Dak took several brutal hits after the A&M game was out or reach (or out of reach by running the ball anyway) Not really sure which hit injured him. They weren't sacks, either.

We were all concerned about getting beat up in those games. We knew it could happen.

We have compounded the risk by having the same QB as the holder on FG's. One hit severly damaged both ways to score. Everybody keeps saying Tebow never got hurt doing it. Maybe he was just very fortunate. We shouldn't be shocked that the constant pounding has affected our QB's.

DawgsBite34
11-17-2013, 12:32 PM
doesn't matter anyway, have a former teammate on the team whos told me they don't know if hes going to play nothing like serious nerve injury blah blah blah. We all know how Dak is, if he can go, he's gonna go. The guy played a day before losing his mom and a week after that. He was legit hurt last night and he's gonna play vs Arky and TSUN. We'll win both with him