PDA

View Full Version : Like button

Dak Holliday
09-27-2021, 11:59 PM
Is there a way for the admins to add a like button? I think it would clean up a lot of needless posts and probably drive in some new users. Also, while they?re at it, could it fix the question marks for other punctuation issue? That drives me insane. Just some thoughts. Thanks

Dawg_Lover
09-28-2021, 12:13 AM
I am glad you posted the question about a LIKE button, as I have been thinking about asking the same.
It would certainly be nice if they would, and I believe it would also generate more active participation.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-28-2021, 01:25 AM
I would up vote it.

OLJWales
09-28-2021, 02:52 AM
Is there a way for the admins to add a like button? I think it would clean up a lot of needless posts and probably drive in some new users. Also, while they?re at it, could it fix the question marks for other punctuation issue? That drives me insane. Just some thoughts. Thanks

Your user name rocks

Dak Holliday
09-28-2021, 07:07 AM
Your user name rocks
I appreciate it.

Maverick91
09-28-2021, 07:46 AM
liked it.

ScoobaDawg
09-28-2021, 09:52 AM

Not at this time.
and if people would read the idiot's guide to posting... they could fix the question marks themselves.. It's an iphone / ipad issue. Not a board issue.
So if you see question marks. Know that poster.. Is an IDIOT and hasn't read the guide or the countless posts pointing out the fix.

Maverick91
09-28-2021, 11:00 AM
Not at this time.
and if people would read the idiot's guide to posting... they could fix the question marks themselves.. It's an iphone / ipad issue. Not a board issue.
So if you see question marks. Know that poster.. Is an IDIOT and hasn't read the guide or the countless posts pointing out the fix.

Hi my name is Maverick91 and I am an idiot. :(

OLJWales
09-28-2021, 11:59 AM
Not at this time.

Damn Scooba. Idiots? Ain't dat a little harsh?

Jack Lambert
09-28-2021, 12:03 PM
Not at this time.

My grand parents were 7th cousins.

OLJWales
09-28-2021, 12:16 PM

Well played, LMAO, free market REP

Percho
09-28-2021, 01:10 PM

I knew it, I knew it!*

Activated Alpha
09-28-2021, 01:52 PM
Not at this time.

Idiot? No. Lazy? Probably. I just do not (no need for ? when you spell out your words) give a damn about it.

defiantdog
09-28-2021, 03:23 PM
It's an option in vBulletin 5, but not 4.

Turfdawg67
09-28-2021, 04:03 PM
Not at this time.

**Like**

Dawg496
09-28-2021, 04:18 PM
It's an option in vBulletin 5, but not 4.

Here's an add-on which would do the same thing if an admin could install.

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=243510

RocketDawg
09-28-2021, 06:10 PM

I like the idea of a "Like" button, upvote, or some other way of expressing agreement or even appreciation of the post. The ? issue is because the person is using an iPhone and hasn't used the correct setting to prevent them.

Dak Holliday
09-28-2021, 10:48 PM
Not at this time.

😂 noted?

Dawg_Lover
09-28-2021, 11:53 PM
If it is true what they say about laughter being good for you, then I am healthier now than I was before reading this thread.
Some funny stuff! 🤣😂

sleepy dawg
09-30-2021, 09:22 AM
How would a like button drive in new users?

ScoobaDawg
09-30-2021, 10:02 AM
How would a like button drive in new users?

Exactly. It wouldn't...
I get people would like it.. and I do like it too. but it's way down the list right now.

Dawg_Lover
09-30-2021, 12:29 PM
In social media marketing, the Like button is considered one of the beneficial tools to draw more website traffic. And, they say this is true for those not initially interested in actively participating in comments / discussions, yet are favorable to join or participate more in said website to register their agreement with particular comments by simply clicking a Like button. It has been shown to not only help increase website traffic, but to be beneficial in improving time on site and decreasing bounce rate.
If this, in any way, helps benefit revenue, great. If not, so be it. It?s your website to run as you see fit, not mine. Therefore, no argument, nor insult, intended.