PDA

View Full Version : For all those that say State fans are too negative and need to be more supportive....

CadaverDawg
09-27-2021, 10:10 PM
The Clemson boards have multiple threads bashing Dabo and their players.

So Shut the hell up. Haha

But seriously, We're no different than any others when things aren't going great.

BayouDawg
09-27-2021, 10:13 PM
For sure. At the end of the day we all want the same thing.

Commercecomet24
09-27-2021, 10:16 PM
Oh yeah every fanbase is exactly the same. When your team loses it's the end of the world lol. Im a Pats fan and you should've seen their message board Brady's last year. They want him back now though lol

OLJWales
09-28-2021, 04:06 AM

But seriously, We're no different than any others when things aren't going great.

Words of Iron. Repped.

OLJWales
09-28-2021, 05:00 AM
Why don't other teams take retarded media ass drillings like this:

https://images.app.goo.gl/bG9byjGSoZSYRHDF7

ETA. Wrong link. Try again.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/mike-leach-hammered-on-social-media-as-mississippi-state-falls-to-lsu/

somebodyshotmypaw
09-28-2021, 07:01 AM
People aren’t rational. Go back and read some threads from our baseball national championship run. It’s embarrassing. But that’s the way message boards are.

BrunswickDawg
09-28-2021, 08:33 AM
Y'all should see my group text with my friends who are almost all UGA fans. On Saturday one of the guys went on blast when Stetson Bennett threw an INT, up 35-0 in the 2nd quarter.
And when they lose, it's 1000x worse then death itself.

State82
09-28-2021, 08:48 AM

Exactly. One of the most dumbass comments I see regularly is that we have the worst fan base. Comments like that only make it look like a stupid fan base.

Lance Harbor
09-28-2021, 10:00 AM
Which is what makes it so pleasurable when they (UGA) lose. Which they always will. Which is nice. (I'm on a similar text thread with a Clemson fan thrown in).

Y'all should see my group text with my friends who are almost all UGA fans. On Saturday one of the guys went on blast when Stetson Bennett threw an INT, up 35-0 in the 2nd quarter.
And when they lose, it's 1000x worse then death itself.

BB30
09-28-2021, 03:03 PM

Difference being Clemson has a much larger budget and much more donor money. They are paying a premium for results and expect them.

We are shopping at Save a Dollar and expecting similar results to teams with much larger fan bases and a lot more donor money.

You get what you pay for and I am not just talking coaches salaries but recruiting budgets etc. Our NIL guys are getting free meals for their OL while the big dogs are getting million dollar deals from booster funds basically. If we aren't willing to pay to play the game then bitching about results similar to where we stand budget wise in the SEC makes little sense.

We are dead last when it comes to budgets or at worst second to last. Vandy is private so we don't know what they spend in total. Kentucky spends more on football recruiting than we do.

Not saying we shouldn't be frustrated at times but I do believe some on here are out of touch with reality in their expectations. The fact that we had fans that wanted to fire mullen before he left on his own says all you need to know.

OLJWales
09-28-2021, 03:35 PM
Exactly. One of the most dumbass comments I see regularly is that we have the worst fan base. Comments like that only make it look like a stupid fan base.

Yep. However I denote inferiority complexes more often than I would like to see.

Commercecomet24
09-28-2021, 03:38 PM

Agree, I tend to enjoy our fanbase.

R2Dawg
09-28-2021, 07:38 PM

Said similar things many times on here. Our fan base is one of the better ones out there in regards to impoding on our team.

I've lived in Alabama and North Carolina for the past 30 years. UNC in basketball and Alabama in football is as bad as it gets. I been in Bama during some really bad Bama years - The JWS domination of late 90s. Bama fans were not happy but wait till Saban leaves and they come back down to earth.

Percho
09-28-2021, 08:38 PM
People are idiots. I'm just glad I'm not your average idiot.

CaptainObvious
09-28-2021, 09:36 PM
Having been a State fan since 1968, I think we are entitled to a few implosions when we know we have the better team or just simply out play our opponent and still lose. That crap sucks after a while. It happens in a lot of sports on the State campus. I mean how can you have that many smoke shows on your Volleyball team and never win anything? Some of this girls have legs that go all the way up to their ass, yet still can?t block or tackle..... err... I mean block or spike it.