PDA

View Full Version : Bucky

MoreCowbell
09-25-2021, 09:58 PM
Looks like Ol Bucky has thrown in the white towel, or should.

ShotgunDawg
09-25-2021, 10:14 PM
Looks like Ol Bucky has thrown in the white towel, or should.

He may have seen it today.

Some rough throws out there to open WRs. The one to Heath looked like a snap hook off the tee

SilentSteel16
09-25-2021, 10:28 PM
This may be a stupid question, but it is quite obvious that some of you can’t accept it, but here it goes……. You all want to throw Will Rogers to the side yet you still think we will win games without him. This is ignorance, Face it, Rogers is THE BEST OPTION right now. You want to bench him and bring in a freshman that is not ready, mind you this exact scenario happened last year with, you guessed it, Will Rogers. IF there was a legit backup that we currently have, we would have seen them get game rep..much like Rogers did last year in Game 2,3,4,5.. There has been no backup QB enter into a game yet because there is not one worth benching your best option for….. face it, Sawyer ain’t ready, Greek ain’t ready, Lovertich ain’t ready…. Shut the hell up on benching Rogers unless you are ready to phone in the rest of the season….. Rogers needs to just say screw it and start flinging the ball everywhere and deep. He is overly cautious because he saw Costello get pulled, WHY DID COTELLO GET PULLED??? BECAUSE THERE WAS A LEGIT QB IN WAITING….. so finally the question, is phoning in the season after 4 games which you are .500 worth possibly ruining your next QB that you have planned. Confidence is a real thing and lingers.

BuckyIsAB****
09-25-2021, 10:31 PM
No I was just there in person. I cant spend all my time evaluating QB play on ED. Will Rogers was the best player on offense for MS State today and it was not close. 4 6 and 11 played as bad as they have in their careers. It was embarrassing to watch.

Our WRs were absolutely pathetic outside of 85 and 24. Polk was good at times but he has a lazy bone too. Pathetic lazy and soft.

Will played as well today outside of one throw that he possibly could have given what he saw and what he got from his WRs. These are facts. Get mad if you want. I have been proven right more than once

BuckyIsAB****
09-25-2021, 10:32 PM
Walley has been pretty bad all year long and Heath has grown up but it still shows.

Calvin is not all in either.

Commercecomet24
09-25-2021, 10:33 PM
This may be a stupid question, but it is quite obvious that some of you can’t accept it, but here it goes……. You all want to throw Will Rogers to the side yet you still think we will win games without him. This is ignorance, Face it, Rogers is THE BEST OPTION right now. You want to bench him and bring in a freshman that is not ready, mind you this exact scenario happened last year with, you guessed it, Will Rogers. IF there was a legit backup that we currently have, we would have seen them get game rep..much like Rogers did last year in Game 2,3,4,5.. There has been no backup QB enter into a game yet because there is not one worth benching your best option for….. face it, Sawyer ain’t ready, Greek ain’t ready, Lovertich ain’t ready…. Shut the hell up on benching Rogers unless you are ready to phone in the rest of the season….. Rogers needs to just say screw it and start flinging the ball everywhere and deep. He is overly cautious because he saw Costello get pulled, WHY DID COTELLO GET PULLED??? BECAUSE THERE WAS A LEGIT QB IN WAITING….. so finally the question, is phoning in the season after 4 games which you are .500 worth possibly ruining your next QB that you have planned. Confidence is a real thing and lingers.

Always appreciate your observations! You need to post more.

BuckyIsAB****
09-25-2021, 10:37 PM
Heath runs a lazy ass fade route thinking he wont get the ball and he does, and doesnt get there bc he jogs off the snap. Calvin has multiple effort lapses in every game and Walley is not playing as hard as he was a year ago. Their body language and effort especially away from the ball and on a lot of routes are terrible. Austin Williams is the best and most consistent WR we have right now. Perfect example is his TD. None of those others fight to get in and they prolly drop it. It was pathetic and infuriating to watch. Polk was better than the other 3 but their routes are often so lazy that it covers up the others

MaroonFlounder
09-25-2021, 10:46 PM
Our WRs were absolutely pathetic outside of 85 and 24.

And 24 is a walkon, I believe.

I like Will Rogers. Sure I wish he could run better at times...and throw deep more often, but he's a gamer, a leader, and never gets flustered to the point of being completely ineffective. I'm holding out hope that he can win a BIG SEC game for us soon.

Cowbell
09-25-2021, 10:52 PM
He may have seen it today.

Some rough throws out there to open WRs. The one to Heath looked like a snap hook off the tee

When you throw it 60 times a game, some of them aren't going to go where you want them to. You need to quit overreacting and being so emotional - it makes you come across as a sophomore poster that still needs experience.

Bothrops
09-25-2021, 10:56 PM
Nah I think losing with the future guy at qb can be meaningful. If he's worth a damn he will eventually come around, usually sooner rather than later for those type players. Will is a lost cause at qb. He will continue doing the same shit and getting us the same results. He can't see the field for 3 qtrs and is scared to death to fail and scared to be out there period. Next week same shit, just watch.

Cowbell
09-25-2021, 10:57 PM
Nah I think losing with the future guy at qb can be meaningful. If he's worth a damn he will eventually come around, usually sooner rather than later for those type players. Will is a lost cause at qb. He will continue doing the same shit and getting us the same results. He can't see the field for 3 qtrs and is scared to death to fail and scared to be out there period. Next week same shit, just watch.

He is the future. Some of you just forget that he should be a redshirt freshman right now. Your opinion is a lost cause

SilentSteel16
09-25-2021, 11:07 PM
If you think Will Rogers is a lost cause then you might want to start watching something else.. you do realize that Rogers is technically a freshman that you are talking about right? So not sure how the “give the young QB a chance” logic works for others but not with Rogers…. Kind of hypocritical don’t ya think ?

ShotgunDawg
09-25-2021, 11:10 PM
If you think Will Rogers is a lost cause then you might want to start watching something else.. you do realize that Rogers is technically a freshman that you are talking about right? So not sure how the “give the young QB a chance” logic works for others but not with Rogers…. Kind of hypocritical don’t ya think ?

I don't hate Will. I know it comes across that way, but I actually think he's a good game manager & capable of developing into a player that can make the routine play.

My question has always been, do we want to stick with a QB that can only make the routine play or do we want to go with someone with a higher ceiling?

Currently, the higher ceiling guy isn't ready, but how does he get ready if he isn't playing? Is it a chicken or egg deal or is practice reps sufficient to get a guy ready?

Cowbell
09-25-2021, 11:15 PM
I don't hate Will. I know it comes across that way, but I actually think he's a good game manager & capable of developing into a player that can make the routine play.

My question has always been, do we want to stick with a QB that can only make the routine play or do we want to go with someone with a higher ceiling?

Currently, the higher ceiling guy isn't ready, but how does he get ready if he isn't playing? Is it a chicken or egg deal or is practice reps sufficient to get a guy ready?

You play the guy that can help you win today. We play games to win not to practice for two years down the road. Quit running Will down in game threads if you don't really think he sucks. I can't stand to read the thread anymore because of the amount of slander from grown men towards teenagers.

Bothrops
09-25-2021, 11:17 PM

So I assume you think Rogers is the man? What if you thought Rogers didnt have it? You still gonna put him out there next year?

SilentSteel16
09-25-2021, 11:19 PM
I truly believe if he has a higher ceiling as you say, that CML believes he has a much lower floor that Rogers, otherwise he would be playing.. CML clearly does not have faith in anyone other than Rogers right now. Buck up and get behind the kid, because he is the QB for this year and more than likely next because he offers the best chance of winning. A missed FG today and a none headed special teams play is what cost the game today. Blown calls last week aside, we seem to take the middle of the game off for some reason and that does fall on CML. Have some faith in the guy that has been making millions running this system and was hired to do just that. We (you and I) just need to cheer them on otherwise we would have a headset instead of a keyboard.

Bothrops
09-25-2021, 11:21 PM
He is the future. Some of you just forget that he should be a redshirt freshman right now. Your opinion is a lost cause

We lost because of Will Rogers.

SilentSteel16
09-25-2021, 11:23 PM
So I assume you think Rogers is the man? What if you thought Rogers didnt have it? You still gonna put him out there next year?

Looking at what the coaches see daily and know of this team, YES WILL ROGERS IS THE MAN !!! Can he play better and faster, absolutely, can he trust his arm more and go downfield more, yes. Rogers is the absolute best option we have.

Like Cowbell said, quit running down these young men, especially Rogers, that kid gives his all on the daily and deserves better than what we as a fan base give him.

Just remember he beat out Costello, he beat out Shrader (made him a WR) he beat out Abraham, Loverich, Sawyer and Greek.

Currently yes HE IS THE MAN

SilentSteel16
09-25-2021, 11:25 PM
This is just dumb and I am going to assume you are drunk

Missed FG and special teams flag on jumping the wedge is what cost us the game. Take one of those away, we win today.

memsu06
09-25-2021, 11:45 PM

Defense left 2 guys wide open for walk in TDs.

Special teams missed a field goal and got an absolute stupid penalty (if I were CML I'd make him wear yellow flags all over campus all week)

480 something yards of offense isn't a QB issue. Yes, I'd like to see the 4th qtr comeback Will all game.

MoreCowbell
09-25-2021, 11:48 PM

Of course he is the best option, that is our problem

MoreCowbell
09-25-2021, 11:49 PM
No I was just there in person. I cant spend all my time evaluating QB play on ED. Will Rogers was the best player on offense for MS State today and it was not close. 4 6 and 11 played as bad as they have in their careers. It was embarrassing to watch.

Our WRs were absolutely pathetic outside of 85 and 24. Polk was good at times but he has a lazy bone too. Pathetic lazy and soft.

Will played as well today outside of one throw that he possibly could have given what he saw and what he got from his WRs. These are facts. Get mad if you want. I have been proven right more than once

There he is glad we didnt lose ya

Percho
09-26-2021, 12:01 AM

Believe it or not most championships are won making routine plays, in all sports.

NCDawg
09-26-2021, 12:19 AM

I agree that I don't think Rogers is the problem. He may not have an overpowering arm but he is pretty accurate most of the time. I also agree with you about the receivers. Doesn't appear to me that they are giving the effort they should be giving, with the exception is Austin Williams. It also appears to me also that our DBs are getting beat too much. Last week Memphis and today LSU. No excuse for letting a guy get that wide open. We were lucky against NC State-their QB overthrew 2 guys that were wide open for TD's.

SilentSteel16
09-26-2021, 12:37 AM
Believe it or not most championships are won making routine plays, in all sports.

This ALL DAY !!

Maroonthirteen
09-26-2021, 06:26 AM
The one to Heath looked like a snap hook off the tee

More than one of Your post are a complete whiff of the golf ball.

Cowbell
09-26-2021, 07:29 AM

Really? Did he fumble to give them an easier first TD? Did he miss a FG? Did he drop a TD pass? Did he drop multiple deep balls, did he completely not cover anyone on two back to back touchdowns for them? You can't blame a loss like that on one player. It was a collective effort.

BrunswickDawg
09-26-2021, 07:41 AM
And 24 is a walkon, I believe.

I like Will Rogers. Sure I wish he could run better at times...and throw deep more often, but he's a gamer, a leader, and never gets flustered to the point of being completely ineffective. I'm holding out hope that he can win a BIG SEC game for us soon.

Yes 24 is a walk-on - Scoobie Ford. He played at my hometown HS in GA and went to school with my nephew. Good kid who needed to grow up. Happy to see him hit the field yesterday.

R2Dawg
09-26-2021, 07:41 AM

I would have to agree with you. This it is all Will's fault is BS. The same people that blame Will solely brag on stats. You can't have it both ways.

R2Dawg
09-26-2021, 07:43 AM
Really? Did he fumble to give them an easier first TD? Did he miss a FG? Did he drop a TD pass? Did he drop multiple deep balls, did he completely not cover anyone on two back to back touchdowns for them? You can't blame a loss like that on one player. It was a collective effort.

Football is such a team sport; one guy don't win or lose a game. Yes one play can but again there are 22 guys on the field at once.

RiverCityDawg
09-26-2021, 07:56 AM

Tell us you don't know what you're watching on Saturdays without saying you don't know what you're watching on Saturdays.

This is Cowboys fans blaming Dak for every loss because of a couple of bad throws/decisions, yet not applying the same standard to everyone else involved in the game.

The idiotic punt wall jumping, missed FG, busted coverage, drops by multiple WR's, and running by the QB on a blitz instead of sacking him on their first TD are all more to blame than Will's play.

msstate7
09-26-2021, 08:25 AM

Did he throw an int in scoring territory? Did he overthrow a wide open td?

This team sucks, period. To totally absolve Rogers of any blame is strange. Can't be the good ole boy from rankin co's fault.

Cowbell
09-26-2021, 08:37 AM

This team sucks, period. To totally absolve Rogers of any blame is strange. Can't be the good ole boy from rankin co's fault.

7 - you need to work on your reading comprehension- reread what I wrote. I in no way took the blame off Rogers - I just made it clear that he's not the only one.

PMDawg
09-26-2021, 08:59 AM
My main problem with Rogers is that he still doesn't see the whole field. There were multiple plays yesterday where he had guys open for big gains, and he went to a shorter route that may or may not have been open. However, experience and gaining confidence is the best fix for this. He has to recognize that SEC open isn't HS (or G5) open. He can get there, but dang it's painful watching it.

Then, on top of that, when he finally does make the read and deliver a great throw, the freaking WR drops it more often than not. That's not helping.

I still think it's really the offense/coaching. Leach doesn't have a QB ready to run the offense, but by gosh he's not gonna change. He's just gonna make us fail trying to run his 4 plays instead of coming up with 2 new plays to help his guys out.

TrapGame
09-26-2021, 09:19 AM
My main problem with Rogers is that he still doesn't see the whole field. There were multiple plays yesterday where he had guys open for big gains, and he went to a shorter route that may or may not have been open. However, experience and gaining confidence is the best fix for this. He has to recognize that SEC open isn't HS (or G5) open. He can get there, but dang it's painful watching it.

Then, on top of that, when he finally does make the read and deliver a great throw, the freaking WR drops it more often than not. That's not helping.

I still think it's really the offense/coaching. Leach doesn't have a QB ready to run the offense, but by gosh he's not gonna change. He's just gonna make us fail trying to run his 4 plays instead of coming up with 2 new plays to help his guys out.

Replay after replay yesterday Will had a deeper route open - he takes too long/can't see it, the window closes - and he takes the RB dump off. This is the number one thing holding this offense back. After that it's the damn drops from receivers.

memsu06
09-26-2021, 09:28 AM

You complain about Will not seeing all these open receivers, then complain that Leach doesn't change his offense. Well if we have open receivers then it means this offense is working. We need the urgent Will to show up all game just not in the 4th quarter and the receivers to do their job. The rest of the team also needs to quit making stupid mistakes.

BuckyIsAB****
09-26-2021, 09:51 AM

Hahaha

BuckyIsAB****
09-26-2021, 09:54 AM

If you are talking about the pass to Heath that is on Heath. He jogged the entire route then cried like he always does. He has grown up some but he still shows his immaturity when it gets hard. That is totally on Heath hate to tell you. Will threw it like he expected his WR to be giving maximum effort and be was not. Neither did Walley and neither did Calvin.

BuckyIsAB****
09-26-2021, 09:57 AM
Guys I am not saying Will is perfect or that he never misses or is 100 for 100 on his reads. But he is throwing into 8 sometimes 9 second level defenders with WRs that run lazy ass routes when they arent getting the ball, behind a OL with not very much experience in the scheme. Our WRs lost the game on offense yesterday. Big plays and a stupid selfish mistake by a kid on special teams who has done nothing but be immature since the day he got here cost us.

Just bc a guy looks open after the ball is in the air does not mean he is open.

MaroonFlounder
09-26-2021, 01:18 PM
He has grown up some but he still shows his immaturity when it gets hard.

That's what she said***

R2Dawg
09-26-2021, 03:35 PM
Guys I am not saying Will is perfect or that he never misses or is 100 for 100 on his reads. But he is throwing into 8 sometimes 9 second level defenders with WRs that run lazy ass routes when they arent getting the ball, behind a OL with not very much experience in the scheme. Our WRs lost the game on offense yesterday. Big plays and a stupid selfish mistake by a kid on special teams who has done nothing but be immature since the day he got here cost us.

Just bc a guy looks open after the ball is in the air does not mean he is open.

The criticism is coming from fans who have never played QB. Everyone looks open from the upper deck.

PMDawg
09-26-2021, 05:09 PM
The criticism is coming from fans who have never played QB. Everyone looks open from the upper deck.

I've never played Quarterback, that's true, but I played Cornerback into my early 20s. I know when a WR is open.

BayouDawg
09-26-2021, 05:19 PM

Replied to the wrong post

Dak Holliday
09-26-2021, 10:15 PM
This is what happens when a fanbase has what they perceive/hope is a Ferrari in the garage, but we keep riding in the Accord Sport. Will is not a terrible QB, but I think we are overstating his ceiling. He is serviceable, but if we win, it seems very much like we will win with him, rather than because of him. I know Bucky and a few others love him, probably because they?re Brandon Bulldogs, but sentimental value doesn?t quite translate to others just because you?d like it to. I may end up eating my words on this, but I doubt it.

SilentSteel16
09-27-2021, 12:04 AM
Having owned a Very high end car (6 months) I can tell you that I am now gladly driving a Ford F-150 (8years). Spent way too much money trying to keep the flash on the road, bring on the 87 unleaded and my ol faithful F150. Sometimes slow and steady does win the race. The experiment in high end automobiles damn near broke me. Just saying. Rogers is slow and steady by the way. Also I am a Pike County guy not a Rankin.

Dak Holliday
09-27-2021, 12:15 AM
Having owned a Very high end car (6 months) I can tell you that I am now gladly driving a Ford F-150 (8years). Spent way too much money trying to keep the flash on the road, bring on the 87 unleaded and my ol faithful F150. Sometimes slow and steady does win the race. The experiment in high end automobiles damn near broke me. Just saying. Rogers is slow and steady by the way. Also I am a Pike County guy not a Rankin.
I don?t fully disagree with you, but Will?s shortcomings are bigger issues not because of Will?s lack of ability as much as the promise of Robertson?s.

Maverick91
09-27-2021, 09:28 AM
This is what happens when a fanbase has what they perceive/hope is a Ferrari in the garage, but we keep riding in the Accord Sport. Will is not a terrible QB, but I think we are overstating his ceiling. He is serviceable, but if we win, it seems very much like we will win with him, rather than because of him. I know Bucky and a few others love him, probably because they?re Brandon Bulldogs, but sentimental value doesn?t quite translate to others just because you?d like it to. I may end up eating my words on this, but I doubt it.

Bro... Keep Accord Sports out of this. Totally uncalled for!

confucius say
09-27-2021, 10:36 AM

The young qb, whomever it is, who throws the ball 62 times after making multiple decisions per throw is allowed to make a few mistakes, just not multiple killer mistakes. The chip shot fg, leaping the punt shield, multiple drops, constant coverage busts-those don't fall in that category IMO.

Will has played more than well enough for us, as a meh football team, to be 4-0. That's all that should be expected of him at this juncture of his career.

SilentSteel16
09-27-2021, 11:30 AM
The young qb, whomever it is, who throws the ball 62 times after making multiple decisions per throw is allowed to make a few mistakes, just not multiple killer mistakes. The chip shot fg, leaping the punt shield, multiple drops, constant coverage busts-those don't fall in that category IMO.

Will has played more than well enough for us, as a meh football team, to be 4-0. That's all that should be expected of him at this juncture of his career.

Agree 100 percent

vindastra
09-27-2021, 12:59 PM
Let's forget the Scared Raid (Thanks, LeeShouldHaveFanked), can someone explains why our running sucks against a Prevent defense? Anytime we run, whether premeditated or not, our RBs get 3 yards and go down when someone looks in their direction.

Dak Holliday
09-27-2021, 02:49 PM
Bro... Keep Accord Sports out of this. Totally uncalled for!

😂 I drive an accord sport with 350k miles on it.

Dak Holliday
09-27-2021, 03:17 PM
First non high performance, but reliable car that came to mind

Maverick91
09-27-2021, 03:21 PM
�� I drive an accord sport with 350k miles on it.

I would still be driving mine if they could have figured out why the engine kept turning off for no reason. lol

Commercecomet24
09-27-2021, 03:23 PM
I would still be driving mine if they could have figured out why the engine kept turning off for no reason. lol

I've had 2 Accords(not the sport) but they were great cars. I drove them and passed them down to my kids one by one and they drove them til the wheels fell off.

Maverick91
09-27-2021, 03:32 PM
I've had 2 Accords(not the sport) but they were great cars. I drove them and passed them down to my kids one by one and they drove them til the wheels fell off.

I went from an 03 Accord to a 13 Sonata, worst vehicle move I could have made. The quality is so different.

Commercecomet24
09-27-2021, 03:44 PM
I went from an 03 Accord to a 13 Sonata, worst vehicle move I could have made. The quality is so different.

My company car is a Hyundai Sonata and its been a tank. I travel all over the southeast and it has been trouble free(knock on wood) got 240k on it and going strong. But you're absolutely right I love the Accords.

Dak Holliday
09-27-2021, 04:31 PM
I?ve had 2 accords- 05 LX and 2014 Sport. Both 4 cyl because they use the timing chain Vs belt. 275k miles on the first and 350k on this one. I literally have never had a single issue. Oil changes, transmission fluid every 60k? tires and brakes. I literally just did my first tune up on the sport. 34-35 mpg. Best car I?ve ever owned.

SilentSteel16
09-27-2021, 04:46 PM
Then we are all in agreement that Will Rogers is reliable and steady. Good deal. Case closed. Haha

basedog
09-27-2021, 05:25 PM
My company car is a Hyundai Sonata and its been a tank. I travel all over the southeast and it has been trouble free(knock on wood) got 240k on it and going strong. But you're absolutely right I love the Accords.

I bought my youngest daughter the same car for her graduation present from nursing school. Great car!

Commercecomet24
09-27-2021, 05:36 PM
I bought my youngest daughter the same car for her graduation present from nursing school. Great car!

Yes sir!