PDA

View Full Version : What do we do now?

Cowbell
09-25-2021, 03:11 PM
As fans what do we do? I feel for these kids. This offensive staff is abysmal.

BayouDawg
09-25-2021, 03:12 PM
As shitty as it fees we are 2-2 which is what most of us predicted would be the record after 4 games. Im still holding out hope. Mostly because Im an idiot.

KOdawg1
09-25-2021, 03:15 PM
We can't do anything. We hope and pray the offense eventually clicks and/or we get a QB who can make it work.

But by then, like someone already said, our defensive recruiting will have caught up to us and we will turn into Washington State.

Leach is going to create an unbalanced roster full of finesse WRs and tall ass OL, and we'll spend years trying to fix it after he leaves. Our program is 17ed.

IMissJack
09-25-2021, 03:16 PM
We hire a marketing guru to run the AD and tell Keenum to keep his hands off. Hire someone that has the ability to attract dollars, and a coach who?s best attribute is recruiting. No scheme matters without that .

TrapGame
09-25-2021, 03:22 PM
Someone needs to convince Mike Leach to retire at the end of the season. Fire Cohen and bring in a Byrne protege for AD.

Bdawg
09-25-2021, 03:25 PM
Hope your coaches get the small things and stupid mistakes ironed out. Presnap penalties were improved!!

preachermatt83
09-25-2021, 03:26 PM

The offense was pretty efficient today.

parabrave
09-25-2021, 03:26 PM
Someone needs to convince Mike Leach to retire at the end of the season. Fire Cohen and bring in a Byrne protege for AD.

This.

bulldawg28
09-25-2021, 03:27 PM
We hire a marketing guru to run the AD and tell Keenum to keep his hands off. Hire someone that has the ability to attract dollars, and a coach who?s best attribute is recruiting. No scheme matters without that .

Go hire Deion Sanders

calidawg
09-25-2021, 03:28 PM
There was a significant drop off in AD leadership from Byrne/Stricklan to Cohen. 10 years of mostly prosperity and program peaking in football will be followed by a 10 year rebuild I'm afraid. We're in year 4 now

Lord McBuckethead
09-25-2021, 03:29 PM

I feel like I need my money back on the season tickets.

bulldawg28
09-25-2021, 03:30 PM

No sir. We scored 25 points. We were exposed last year by Arkansas and still have not adjusted. That's the crazy part that literally EVERY team has done the exact same thing since and we haven't adjusted. Even middle school coaches would make adjustments.
There is literally no reason for the offense to watch defensive film on our opponents. We know exactly what they're going to do each week. We should average 60 points a game at this point knowing the opponents plan.

Lord McBuckethead
09-25-2021, 03:30 PM
Go hire Deion Sanders

Bingo.

Saltydog
09-25-2021, 03:32 PM

It?s about scoring points, not how many yards you put up!

TrapGame
09-25-2021, 03:33 PM
No sir. We scored 25 points. We were exposed last year by Arkansas and still have not adjusted. That's the crazy part that literally EVERY team has done the exact same thing since and we haven't adjusted. Even middle school coaches would make adjustments.

This.

Hell, at this point hire Barry Odom as HC and tell him to bring Kendall Briles with him.

Coursesuper
09-25-2021, 03:36 PM
This is the most accurate assessment of the current situation. Spot on.

Coursesuper
09-25-2021, 03:38 PM
We can't do anything. We hope and pray the offense eventually clicks and/or we get a QB who can make it work.

But by then, like someone already said, our defensive recruiting will have caught up to us and we will turn into Washington State.

Leach is going to create an unbalanced roster full of finesse WRs and tall ass OL, and we'll spend years trying to fix it after he leaves. Our program is 17ed.

Very accurate assessment of the current situation. Spot on.

Bothrops
09-25-2021, 03:38 PM
Well...you go with Robertson. I'd rather lose with him than lose with Will.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-25-2021, 03:45 PM
Let Season play out. Fire Cohen, hire a competent AD and give him a year to hire a new coach December 2022.

parabrave
09-25-2021, 03:45 PM
Go hire Deion Sanders

No more "splash' hires.

BayouDawg
09-25-2021, 03:46 PM
No more "splash' hires.

These hires have splashed like a big turd hitting the toilet water.

parabrave
09-25-2021, 03:48 PM
Go find Hugh and tell him we will not interfere with his program.

Dawgfan77
09-25-2021, 03:52 PM
You guys are in love with his stars.... let me put it to you this way. He is 4th string and would rather chase tail and a baseball than film room and football. Unless something changes he won't be on the football team very long .

bulldawg28
09-25-2021, 03:58 PM
No more "splash' hires.

Who was a splash hire? Leach?

State82
09-25-2021, 04:00 PM
Our program is 17ed.

This is the most accurate post of the day.

R2Dawg
09-25-2021, 04:09 PM

Yes this is my biggest fear. Leach has finished MSU off as a football program. It could take a decade to recover - worse than Croom.

BayouDawg
09-25-2021, 04:10 PM
Yes this is my biggest fear. Leach has finished MSU off as a football program. It could take a decade to recover - worse than Croom.

It only took 2 years to recover from croom.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-25-2021, 04:15 PM
You back the mother Fing bus up to Dave Clawson and BEG him to fix this. He'll get the culture right, balance the roster, amd oh yeah, WIN.

I don't care if doing this is done by Cohen, Keenum, of their replacements. Clawson is the answer, and it was the answer the last 2 hirings as well

schddog72
09-25-2021, 04:26 PM
You back the mother Fing bus up to Dave Clawson and BEG him to fix this. He'll get the culture right, balance the roster, amd oh yeah, WIN.

I don't care if doing this is done by Cohen, Keenum, of their replacements. Clawson is the answer, and it was the answer the last 2 hirings as well

this, This, THIS - all day long!!! Anybody who watched Wake Forrest dismantle UVA last night will totally agree with this!! He is the best coach of a non-blue blood program out there. I challenge anybody to dispute this.

BayouDawg
09-25-2021, 04:28 PM
Maybe we can hire Paul Johnson and run the triple option on the ground

Bothrops
09-25-2021, 04:35 PM
You guys are in love with his stars.... let me put it to you this way. He is 4th string and would rather chase tail and a baseball than film room and football. Unless something changes he won't be on the football team very long .

You can probaly say that for a lot of guys, later on.

Saltydog
09-25-2021, 04:45 PM
Maybe we can hire Paul Johnson and run the triple option on the ground

Honestly, I?d take it over this bs of an offense!

Maverick91
09-25-2021, 06:17 PM

Why are y’all so big on this dude?

Dawgfan77
09-25-2021, 06:33 PM
Why are y’all so big on this dude?

Wake is the worse than vandy of the Acc
Look at his record

DownwardDawg
09-25-2021, 06:36 PM
Go hire Deion Sanders

Good Lord. No.

Quaoarsking
09-25-2021, 06:38 PM

Have you seen Clawson's record at Wake? This board would be calling for his head his entire tenure here!

BayouDawg
09-25-2021, 06:42 PM
Have you seen Clawson's record at Wake? This board would be calling for his head his entire tenure here!

This board was calling for lemonis head at the middle part of the season. So any coach is not safe in this board

Really Clark?
09-25-2021, 06:51 PM

They haven't had a head coach with an overall winning record in decades. Heck look at how many got bigger jobs with less than a .500 record in recent decades. Jim Caldwell didn't win 30% of his games but still has had a long career in the NFL with a HC gig with Detroit. Wake Forest is one of the worse P5 jobs in football

Homedawg
09-25-2021, 07:30 PM

Smdh....... and make the team so wtf are you doing?? Really? Hell no.

Homedawg
09-25-2021, 07:33 PM
Here's the fact of the matter, no matter who we hire people are going to bitch complain and say we are falling short. That's not a defense of CML, I was never a fan of the hire. In reality, this is a tough job. Should we lose to Memphis? no. But we have improved. But I'll be the first to say it ain't gonna work. But he's not getting canned now. So get or board or don't.