PDA

View Full Version : Greg McElroy on his early "biggest SEC game of the 2022 schedule"....

CadaverDawg
09-21-2021, 08:43 PM
Georgia at Mississippi State

https://twitter.com/secnetwork/status/1440481033908998145?s=21

I hope he's right. I don't see it, but I hope he's right. Said a potential National Championship contender going in to one of the toughest environments where we cherish the underdog role, in year 3 of Leach.

So basically, a trap game for Georgia.

Thoughts?

basedog
09-21-2021, 08:45 PM
Way too early.

Coach34
09-21-2021, 08:47 PM
Way too early and depends who we can get in the transfer portal at QB

CadaverDawg
09-21-2021, 08:48 PM
Well of course it's way too early, that's the point. Ha

Bdawg
09-21-2021, 09:05 PM

I hope he's right. I don't see it, but I hope he's right. Said a potential National Championship contender going in to one of the toughest environments where we cherish the underdog role, in year 3 of Leach.

Thoughts?

Lot of things got to start happening sometime this season to make me believe an upset is remotely possible.

maroonmania
09-21-2021, 09:08 PM
Ah, probably someone at the SEC office just told McElroy to throw us a bone to help our feelings after the SEC officials screwed us out of a game.

TrapGame
09-21-2021, 09:33 PM
Ah, probably someone at the SEC office just told McElroy to throw us a bone to help our feelings after the SEC officials screwed us out of a game.

Actually, I would not be too surprised if we get some home cooking Saturday. The SEC gives us a mea culpa for last Saturday while helping LSU get rid of O. LSU really, really wants to dump O.

Maverick91
09-22-2021, 09:15 AM
Actually, I would not be too surprised if we get some home cooking Saturday. The SEC gives us a mea culpa for last Saturday while helping LSU get rid of O. LSU really, really wants to dump O.

At this point ill take it. Just don't make it as obvious.

smootness
09-22-2021, 09:21 AM
It's September 2021, and we're talking about the biggest SEC game of the 2022 season?

Holy crap, who cares

Not a knock on the OP, it's a knock on the people who put this crap out there.

StarkVegasSteve
09-22-2021, 09:32 AM

Don't count out Braedyn Locke coming in and taking the job. The people at Rockwall say he's got a lot of Baker Mayfield in him. He's not coming here to sit.

Percho
09-22-2021, 11:35 AM

IMHO that is about as low as low can be, as a fan. How about pulling for who we have. If I were a HS player my thought would be; Why would I want to go that school their fans will love you until you are not perfect or live up to their standard.

Coach34
09-22-2021, 12:01 PM
IMHO that is about as low as low can be, as a fan. How about pulling for who we have. If I were a HS player my thought would be; Why would I want to go that school their fans will love you until you are not perfect or live up to their standard.

Interesting how you never see these kinds of posts when people talk about the OL or WR's. Or even when Fitz was the QB.

Fact is- in addition to making some offensive changes- we need to upgrade at QB. Our staff thinks this as well. We will be looking to the portal for QB's and other positions as well. That's college football today.

BrunswickDawg
09-22-2021, 12:11 PM
Interesting how you never see these kinds of posts when people talk about the OL or WR's. Or even when Fitz was the QB.

Fact is- in addition to making some offensive changes- we need to upgrade at QB. Our staff thinks this as well. We will be looking to the portal for QB's and other positions as well. That's college football today.

Fitz was bashed before he even took the field. It started "why the hell are we even considering this guy" when he committed, and went downhill from there.

Free agent college football is going to hurt the game just like 1 and done had hurt basketball.

Tbonewannabe
09-22-2021, 12:20 PM

Do you think the people at Washington St thought that about Minshew?

Coach34
09-22-2021, 01:09 PM
Do you think the people at Washington St thought that about Minshew?

I'm pretty sure they were ecstatic that they hit the portal and got a QB. We've done it here at State for 3 straight years now- not sure why people dont think we would for a 4th

R2Dawg
09-22-2021, 01:18 PM

Thoughts?

Big game for UGA. GM just saying this could be Leach's big win that year and would be bad for UGA.

Percho
09-22-2021, 03:05 PM
Fitz was bashed before he even took the field. It started "why the hell are we even considering this guy" when he committed, and went downhill from there.

Free agent college football is going to hurt the game just like 1 and done had hurt basketball.

We do it to our biggest big time recruits see our present LT.

Amen to part two.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2021, 03:08 PM

Yup

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2021, 03:09 PM
I'm pretty sure they were ecstatic that they hit the portal and got a QB. We've done it here at State for 3 straight years now- not sure why people dont think we would for a 4th

I just want to see us go get a guy that move. Stop signing concrete shoe QBs. Need guys that can extend plays, scramble for a 1st down, manipulate the pocket, etc

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2021, 03:10 PM
I think Sawyer takes a big step forward in the off season. I just don't see how he doesn't with his physical tools