PDA

View Full Version : Rogers stat...

CadaverDawg
09-21-2021, 01:50 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/5nrsqu.jpg

9 throws of 20+ in over 150 attempts is embarrassing and unacceptable.

confucius say
09-21-2021, 02:07 PM
So on passes of 10 yards or more he is 25/38 (66%) for 496 yards (13 per attempt) with 4TD and 0 INT. Do it more

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2021, 02:15 PM
We’ve definitely got to attack more

CadaverDawg
09-21-2021, 02:17 PM
So on passes of 10 yards or more he is 25/38 (66%) for 496 yards (13 per attempt) with 4TD and 0 INT. Do it more

Exactly. It seems to be a confidence issue. He only goes deep when the game is on the line and we have no choice. He's got to do it more, or else we have to find someone that will.

Commercecomet24
09-21-2021, 02:24 PM
Exactly. It seems to be a confidence issue. He only goes deep when the game is on the line and we have no choice. He's got to do it more, or else we have to find someone that will.

Yeah somethings definitely different when he HAS to push the ball down the field. I appreciate him wanting to protect the ball but he's bogging us down. He's shown he can move this offense and move it quickly but he's got to quit being so cautious. Probably traumatized by watching Costello throw all those ints last year(I know I was).

CadaverDawg
09-21-2021, 02:25 PM
Yeah somethings definitely different when he HAS to push the ball down the field. I appreciate him wanting to protect the ball but he's bogging us down. He's shown he can move this offense and move it quickly but he's got to quit being so cautious. Probably traumatized by watching Costello throw all those ints last year(I know I was).

Yeah me too, and I agree with you on all points

MaroonFlounder
09-21-2021, 02:27 PM
It's frustrating.

Makai Polk has PROVEN he can win 50/50 balls. Throw them up and let him go get them.

You also might draw a pass interference penalty. There are positives to throwing it deep.

Maverick91
09-21-2021, 02:27 PM
I could care less about the deep ball, just freaking change that 28.2 behind the line of scrimmage. That is atrocious!

CadaverDawg
09-21-2021, 02:28 PM
I could care less about the deep ball, just freaking change that 28.2 behind the line of scrimmage. That is atrocious!

Haha so true

CadaverDawg
09-21-2021, 02:29 PM
We have as many yards on 7 completions of 20+ as we do 42 completions behind the LOS.

Todd4State
09-21-2021, 02:31 PM

Ironically his only interception thus far was on a pass behind the LOS.

Will is like Matt Wyatt without the turnovers.

Todd4State
09-21-2021, 02:33 PM
We have as many yards on 7 completions of 20+ as we do 42 completions behind the LOS.

It's insane. Everyone in the stands can see people open. Like wide ass open. And Will checks it down most of the time.

Commercecomet24
09-21-2021, 02:36 PM

Ouch!

Commercecomet24
09-21-2021, 02:38 PM
Even if you don't complete them you've got to chunk it deep at least a couple times a game to open things up. Heck even Brady's last year in New England when he didn't have any legitimate deep threat he was hampered big time because there's no way to loosen up a defense.

Todd4State
09-21-2021, 02:40 PM
Even if you don't complete them you've got to chunk it deep at least a couple times a game to open things up. Heck even Brady's last year in New England when he didn't have any legitimate deep threat he was hampered big time because there's no way to loosen up a defense.

That's the other thing. It's not like we don't have good receivers now. Heath and Polk can catch deep balls. Walley is a play maker. Not to mention others. Even Austin Williams is a solid receiver.

Maverick91
09-21-2021, 02:41 PM

I cannot imagine how much different our season would look if that wasn't the case.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2021, 02:42 PM

Yep, I think I remember seeing somewhere where Jackie said he would call a fly route once every 20+ plays just to keep the safeties from crashing. I think he even said he'd tell Madkin he didn't care if he overthrew it by 10 yards, that we were just doing it for show...if we caught it that was a bonus. At the very least, we need to do that, bc nobody respects our offense beyond 10-15 yards....nobody.

Commercecomet24
09-21-2021, 02:44 PM
That's the other thing. It's not like we don't have good receivers now. Heath and Polk can catch deep balls. Walley is a play maker. Not to mention others. Even Austin Williams is a solid receiver.

Yeah and we have burners like Calvin and Tulu as well who can surely get deep quick.

Commercecomet24
09-21-2021, 02:46 PM
Yep, I think I remember seeing somewhere where Jackie said he would call a fly route once every 20+ plays just to keep the safeties from crashing. I think he even said he'd tell Madkin he didn't care if he overthrew it by 10 yards, that we were just doing it for show...if we caught it that was a bonus. At the very least, we need to do that, bc nobody respects our offense beyond 10-15 yards....nobody.

You absolutely have to. You have to at least make people think you can do it and looking at the stats Will has done pretty well at it. If the whole defense is playing within 10 yards of the LOS way to congested.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2021, 02:46 PM
So I just realized he has a higher completion percentage, 78%, on passes 20+, than he has on passes 0-9 yds (77%)

That is wild

dawgman15
09-21-2021, 02:48 PM
So I just realized he has a higher completion percentage, 78%, on passes 20+, than he has on passes 0-9 yds (77%)

That is wild

It's because his arm is too weak and he can't over throw them

confucius say
09-21-2021, 02:58 PM
As much as I do think we need to stretch the field vertically, what would help the most us to get a little more creative in the run game. We have two running plays, three when we are in 20 personnel. Just a counter, power, variation of the split zone, something.

AROB44
09-21-2021, 04:54 PM
Ironically his only interception thus far was on a pass behind the LOS.

Will is like Matt Wyatt without the turnovers.

Matt Wyatt was a better QB.

Rawdawg
09-21-2021, 06:05 PM
I posted his yards per attempt and yards per completion numbers yesterday?. You simply cannot operate an offense in a six yard box. Our backs averaging 5-6 yards per reception looks good on paper because we equate that to yards per carry, however what most people fail to realize is that our backs are averaging 12.6 receptions a game versus 20-25 carries in a more balanced offense. Therefore you?re leaving 40-50 yards of offense on the field just by dumping it to the backs alone.

vv83
09-21-2021, 06:48 PM
Im so sick of anyone saying this is on Leach and not will. Realistically its most likely both, but to act like will isnt a huge issue is just being biased and looking the other way. I just don?t understand how anyone with a brain doesnt see it

Turfdawg67
09-21-2021, 07:09 PM
It's because his arm is too weak and he can't over throw them

Boy... that's reaching to be negative.

Turfdawg67
09-21-2021, 07:16 PM

I'm sure I'll screw the ppl up, and I'm not gonna look it up (playing years)... but at a Bulldog Club meeting once, JWS said "If you put a bag over the heads of Wyatt, Manning & Couch, you couldn't tell them apart." But yet there was a huge difference between the three... huge.

Coach34
09-21-2021, 07:50 PM
As much as I do think we need to stretch the field vertically, what would help the most us to get a little more creative in the run game.

It's both.

We need to RTGDF more
We need to throw deep more to loosen the safeties and give our very good WR's a chance to make a play.

Leach can work at State IF he will make some tweaks. If being the operative word

Commercecomet24
09-21-2021, 09:19 PM
It's both.

We need to RTGDF more
We need to throw deep more to loosen the safeties and give our very good WR's a chance to make a play.

Leach can work at State IF he will make some tweaks. If being the operative word

Can't argue with any of this.

Todd4State
09-21-2021, 09:25 PM

We'll revisit in two years.

confucius say
09-21-2021, 09:53 PM
Im so sick of anyone saying this is on Leach and not will. Realistically its most likely both, but to act like will isnt a huge issue is just being biased and looking the other way. I just don?t understand how anyone with a brain doesnt see it

I know will is an issue. The difference for me is I didn't expect will to be great in 2021. I expected him to be about what he is (manage things, give us a chance to win) and improve through the season to the point he is ready to be good next year. He has played more than well enough for us to be 3-0 and on the path for a bowl game, which is all I expected.

Lord McBuckethead
09-21-2021, 11:27 PM
It's both.

We need to RTGDF more

All it would take is let the two back set, set the tone. Use one as a lead blocker some with a counter. Sometimes run a sweep option. Sometimes shovel. Sometimes drop down to 1 back and give it to Polk, Tulu, Austin, whomever on a jet sweep. Heck, motion our RB out and then bring him in sweep motion.

And you have to have quick runs up the middle to keep the lb guessing. Right now, it takes a 3rd grader to figure out what we are doing. Stopping us takes barely more than that.

And please God, run some tempo. With only 6 ?plays? you should be able to get the play in and get the snap off inside 12 seconds.

Lord McBuckethead
09-21-2021, 11:28 PM
If you run a sweep option enough, Will could sweep and then take a couple steps back and let one fly.

Lord McBuckethead
09-21-2021, 11:31 PM
I would also argue that our backs should go and try to take some catches past the line of scrimmage more often in lieu to just moving them to the boundary. Let them put a move on their defender and try to get 4 yards down field before you uncork it.

BuckyIsAB****
09-22-2021, 07:52 PM

That is wild

That has got to change.

BuckyIsAB****
09-22-2021, 08:06 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/5nrsqu.jpg

9 throws of 20+ in over 150 attempts is embarrassing and unacceptable.

No doubt.

MrCoachKlein
09-23-2021, 12:51 PM
I would also argue that our backs should go and try to take some catches past the line of scrimmage more often in lieu to just moving them to the boundary. Let them put a move on their defender and try to get 4 yards down field before you uncork it.

I think the issue with this is that the RBs are more of a 'I'm out of options and through my progressions, let's try and get 3 yards instead of a sack'. I'm sure there are plays designed to actually go to the RBs, but I'm betting most are just a safety outlet. If you start running them over the middle or in a different spot, it messes up the spacing on the other routes (like mesh).

dawgman15
09-23-2021, 12:53 PM
SEC StatCat
@SEC_StatCat
The SEC's most accurate passers on tries with a time to throw of 2 seconds or less; min 10 att

1. Rogers 87.7%
2. Young 84.1%
3. Milton 81.8%
4. Daniels 81.1%
5. Bazelak 78.9%
6. Johnson 78.3%
7. Hooker 76.7%
8. Levis 76.2%
9. Jefferson 75.9%
10. Nix 72.7%

SEC AVR = 75.9%

dawgman15
09-23-2021, 12:56 PM
https://twitter.com/SEC_StatCat?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp %7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

This link takes you too the SEC Stat Cat twitter feed with lots of QB comparisons going on so you can see where Will stacks up to the competition

Dawgtini
09-23-2021, 01:37 PM
https://twitter.com/SEC_StatCat?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp %7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

This link takes you too the SEC Stat Cat twitter feed with lots of QB comparisons going on so you can see where Will stacks up to the competition

So Rogers is better than decent. Looks to me he just needs to trust his reads and his arm.

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2021, 01:38 PM
So Rogers is better than decent. Looks to me he just needs to trust his reads and his arm.

I've been his biggest critic, but I'd love to see what it looks like if he'll stretch the field more

confucius say
09-23-2021, 05:10 PM
Rogers leads the sec in completion percentage on throws of 10 plus yards and on throws of 20 plus yards.

BuckyIsAB****
09-23-2021, 05:48 PM
We are not tagging enough shots is what those numbers tell me. He is hitting them when they are called. I told yall a long time ago, we are basically a veer team now. Get used to it

BuckyIsAB****
09-23-2021, 05:49 PM
Rogers leads the sec in completion percentage on throws of 10 plus yards and on throws of 20 plus yards.

But KO and Shotgun said he has noodle arm.

BuckyIsAB****
09-23-2021, 05:51 PM

Matt Wyatt couldnt throw it for an offense that saw 9 man boxes 1 high man free coverage. But he can beat drop 8??? If Matt Wyatt had to throw vs the looks Will does he would struggle to get a first down.