PDA

View Full Version : Scouting LSU

confucius say
09-20-2021, 10:08 PM
They made a conscious effort to throw deep Saturday. Over and over again. They took shots.

Made a conscious effort to go more tempo.

Receivers are explosive. Johnson does a good job of plenty of air under the deep ball to give them a chance in 1 on 1 situations.

LT was out. The replacement got beat a few times. Not sure if the starter will be back.

Didn't run the ball well.

Flew around on defense. Fast and athletic.

Lead the country in sacks. DE #8 has 4.5 sacks. Other DE has 3.5, but he is out for year now. Ali Gay will be back this week and likely will replace the injured guy.

They played a lot of man free and cover 2 man. But I bet they will try to get pressure with their down 4 against us and play zone behind it, picking their spots to play man.

Bdawg
09-20-2021, 10:40 PM
If they come out man against us, every Cajun in LA may come to Starkville to get a piece of Coach O!! Ha

CadaverDawg
09-21-2021, 12:02 AM
They have the DL talent to get pressure while dropping 8.

They have the secondary to cover.

Those two things above lead me to believe we are screwed.

confucius say
09-21-2021, 07:09 AM
They have the DL talent to get pressure while dropping 8.

They have the secondary to cover.

Those two things above lead me to believe we are screwed.

I will be surprised if they change out of their base 4 man front and go 3 man front dropping 8. I think they will drop 7 a lot.

I do think they will play some man with two high safeties deep to prevent deep balls after what happens last year.

KOdawg1
09-21-2021, 07:25 AM
I'm not worried about our defense. It won't be the reason we lose.

Jack Lambert
09-21-2021, 08:58 AM

The main thing I worry about our offense will be if we have running backs or not. With Marks and Johnson healthy they have to respect RB's coming out of the back field. Not having those two in game healthy hurt Saturday.

confucius say
09-22-2021, 03:24 PM

They are going to attack vertically. Our lack of pass rush scares me, but their OL has struggled.

I really am interested to see if they stay with their base 4 man front. I expect they will.