PDA

View Full Version : So we know Lane doesn't like to stay put very long.

klong-dog
09-20-2021, 07:58 AM
Me and a buddy were discussing schools that could or would be a possibility that LK would take. Assuming one of these schools were to open up in the next couple of years. Honestly, it was a struggle.

1. LSU
2. Florida when mullen leaves for PSU
3. FSU

I don't see LK going back West for a school anytime soon. He was already at the bmost prominent school out west, which didn't go so well.

Any others that you can think of?

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2021, 08:13 AM
I think Miami is the perfect fit for Lane

Easy schedule & has the personality for it.

msugolf
09-20-2021, 08:14 AM
I see a lot of state fans trying to downplay OM and Lane right now by saying he wont be there that long. I guess its to redirect the attention off our craptastic performances. All I know he has his team playing like a top 10 team while ours just lost to an fcs school that recruits in the 60s, and it should be 2 losses to those teams.

As it stands right now, he might be at OM longer than Leach is here.

klong-dog
09-20-2021, 08:19 AM
Which I know is true but just stating Lanes track record. Has he ever been content at any place?

confucius say
09-20-2021, 08:34 AM
This is his year to capitalize so we will see. Veteran OL. Senior first round pick at QB.
Great East schedule.
LSU down, Bama down (for them), Aggie horrible on O without their qb, auburn transitioning.

Bama will still beat them by two scores IMO. But they should be in an Access bowl this year.

msugolf
09-20-2021, 08:35 AM
Which I know is true but just stating Lanes track record. Has he ever been content at any place?

I don?t think hes ever had the opportunity to. He was run out of usc and tn. He was an OC at bama and FAU isnt a destination school. Now that hes at an SEC school that supports him and he seems to have evolved since his early coaching years he might just stay longer than we think. OM is going to pay him good money and he gets a coed flavor of the week at his disposal.

BrunswickDawg
09-20-2021, 08:36 AM
I don?t think hes ever had the opportunity to. He was run out of usc and tn. He was an OC at bama and FAU isnt a destination school. Now that hes at an SEC school that supports him and he seems to have evolved since his early coaching years he might just stay longer than we think. OM is going to pay him good money and he gets a coed flavor of the week at his disposal.

You forgot his glorious stint with the Raiders.

Maverick91
09-20-2021, 08:39 AM

this right here!

klong-dog
09-20-2021, 08:46 AM
I thought he was the one that left Tennessee high and dry?

smootness
09-20-2021, 08:52 AM
He did not get run out of Tennessee.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-20-2021, 08:53 AM
I thought he was the one that left Tennessee high and dry?
Tennessee is no where near the job it used to be.Lane could make a ton of $ at Ole Miss and his AD and fan base has bought into the Lane Train, unlike the Leach Bandwagon.

klong-dog
09-20-2021, 08:59 AM
He did not get run out of Tennessee.

I didn't think so. I remember them burning everything Lane related up when he left them.

msugolf
09-20-2021, 09:08 AM
I didn't think so. I remember them burning everything Lane related up when he left them.

Meant Raiders. He left TN to go home he has said

Johnson85
09-20-2021, 09:19 AM

Yup. There probably weren't a ton of jobs he would have left Tennessee like that for. I actually think he'll be at Ole Miss for a while. He's making $5M+. Outside of the SEC, that is a big number, and even some big time schools don't like to pay that much.

You're talking LSU, Bama, Auburn, UGA, Florida, UT, Oklahoma, Florida that are upgrades that he would leave for (and I'm not sure about Oklahoma; not sure I'd want to recruit that area and compete in the SEC). Lane might be interested in getting back to California, but I'm not sure who would pay him other than USCe, and I'm not sure either USCe or Lane would want to revisit that experiement. Lane doesn't strike me as a Big 10 guy, but I have no clue. I'm sure he would take the OSU job if it came open, but I don't know if Michigan or PSU would have the appeal or not. Then in the ACC I could see him wanting to be in Miami and then FSU would offer past success and an easier schedule.

If he doesn't get picked up by LSU, I'm just not sure who is going to be after him that can and will realistically pay him ~$6M or $7M a year.

HancockCountyDog
09-20-2021, 09:23 AM
I would look out for Miami. That is a place he would leave the bears for in a heartbeat. Easy schedule, great talent base and a city that fits his personality. We need Diaz to continue to sh!t the bed.

That would be just fine for me - I want him out of oxford.

Dawgology
09-20-2021, 10:12 AM
I would look out for Miami. That is a place he would leave the bears for in a heartbeat. Easy schedule, great talent base and a city that fits his personality. We need Diaz to continue to sh!t the bed.

That would be just fine for me - I want him out of oxford.

Why? Ole Miss has a competent AD and boosters that support the football program. They will replace him with a good hire that will get wins. MSU has to change if we want a better football program. Not Ole Miss.

Coach34
09-20-2021, 10:14 AM
He's only going to leave for a blue-blood job. He will probably go hard after Miami and LSU. Dont see him living in the NE at a Penn State

parabrave
09-20-2021, 10:36 AM
I think Miami is the perfect fit for Lane

Easy schedule & has the personality for it.

Wht would LK want to go to Miami?? See "Miami River youtube channels.

TrapGame
09-20-2021, 10:41 AM
When Manny is fired I bet Kiffin's name will be in the top three mentioned as replacements. I think LK is a good coach. He could build an absolute monster in south Florida.

Lord McBuckethead
09-20-2021, 10:48 AM
I see a lot of state fans trying to downplay OM and Lane right now by saying he wont be there that long. I guess its to redirect the attention off our craptastic performances. All I know he has his team playing like a top 10 team while ours just lost to an fcs school that recruits in the 60s, and it should be 2 losses to those teams.

Why would Lane ever leave? He can win there, just like someone could win here. Expectations are lower at UN and MsU than any blue blood team, and he coaches in the best conference in the history of the NCAA.

Our issues have our fans wishing Lane will leave. It is not going to happen. Maybe to be the next coach at Alabama. Period.

Gene Chizik would be a better fit at MSU than Leach appears to be so far. Leach has more time to get it working, but in year 2, he only has 2 or 3 more years to do it. And why is it other teams that hired a new coach can get their team back to being competitive in 2 years and ours looks like you need a PHd in check downs to master?

Commercecomet24
09-20-2021, 10:55 AM
FWIW. Kiffin loves Florida. He has a huge house in Boca Raton that he hasn't put on the market, he has investments in the Miami area and has said he plans on going back to South Florida one day. My brother-in-law is an investment banker there and handles some of his accounts. I have no clue what his immediate plans are but if Miami, UF or FSU come calling he WILL defintely entertain their overtures.

TrapGame
09-20-2021, 10:59 AM
FWIW. Kiffin loves Florida. He has a huge house in Boca Raton that he hasn't put on the market, he has investments in the Miami area and has said he plans on going back to South Florida one day. My brother-in-law is an investment banker there and handles some of his accounts. I have no clue what his immediate plans are but if Miami, UF or FSU come calling he WILL defintely entertain their overtures.

Yep, Kiffin and Miami go together like cocaine and hookers.

Johnson85
09-20-2021, 11:48 AM
Why would Lane ever leave? He can win there, just like someone could win here. Expectations are lower at UN and MsU than any blue blood team, and he coaches in the best conference in the history of the NCAA.

Our issues have our fans wishing Lane will leave. It is not going to happen. Maybe to be the next coach at Alabama. Period.

Gene Chizik would be a better fit at MSU than Leach appears to be so far. Leach has more time to get it working, but in year 2, he only has 2 or 3 more years to do it. And why is it other teams that hired a new coach can get their team back to being competitive in 2 years and ours looks like you need a PHd in check downs to master?

1) He can't win a national championship there.
2) While oxford certainly has loose women, it's a small town, and he's a very public figure there. That doesn't really change at a lot of places, but it would in Miami.
3) Competing in the SEC West is a grind even if you're at a blue blood, much less a non-blue blood. At Miami or FSU, he has a couple of games a year against national caliber opponents, not 4 or more.

I think Kiffen is more likely to stay than most and don't think he's looking to itching to get out of oxford, but there are going to programs he will leave for if he gets the opportunity.

lastmajordog
09-20-2021, 11:54 AM
I see a great year this year with a weak west, Saban getting closer to the exit, Manning to the 3rd power is on the way, there is aways another frivolous class action lawsuit to fill his pockets. “We shall see said the zen master” Charlie Wilson’s War

BB30
09-20-2021, 03:22 PM

and in one of OM's best years in modern history they lost to Memphis on the road. We lost to USA under Mullen. Bad losses happen and they will moreso now with the free transfer rule. Yall need to quit worrying about OM. Nothing you can do about it anyway but letting what OM does determine what we do with our coaching staff is stupid. Let them play a team with a pulse next week and then judge, if they play well against bama I will be impressed.

was21
09-20-2021, 07:26 PM
Say what you want about OM, but they seem to have a way of being successful in selecting a football HC better than State does...looking back over recent years.

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2021, 08:16 PM
Say what you want about OM, but they seem to have a way of being successful in selecting a football HC better than State does...looking back over recent years.

They avoided the Joe Mo & Croom types for sure. Houston Nutt & Eddie O weren't good, but Houston was a former SEC coach of the year & Eddie at least recruited well

Todd4State
09-20-2021, 10:09 PM
I think he ends up at Florida. Dan goes to the NFL. And Stricklin wants to make amends with MSU fans.