PDA

View Full Version : Weak sauce from LT Jr.

Pinto
09-19-2021, 11:45 AM
Lick those sec boots John

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_qWdqaX0AA4PWv?format=jpg&name=large

BuckyIsAB****
09-19-2021, 12:02 PM
He will put the collar on Leach too. Its this simple, them bitching about it aint worth the fine to them

parabrave
09-19-2021, 12:16 PM
Suck it Cohen. I was speaking to a former BB players dad last night at a Game in Biloxi. He just waylayed into Cohen.

MetEdDawg
09-19-2021, 12:26 PM
I guess I'm not sure of 2 things:

1) What else someone would want our athletic director to say

2) What good they think it would do other than satisfying a personal need to see someone associated with the university to publicly get pissed off

He's a public figure and he's not gonna blast an entity associated with the conference.

shoeless joe
09-19-2021, 12:33 PM
Cohen got his point across with that tweet. Not sure what else he could or should say.

The problem is simple…shitty officials have not cost the SEC one dime in any of the sports but especially football. They’ve been shitty for a while but we still consistently have the top team at the end of the year. So why would they care. We already know it’s all about money. If shitty officiating affecting their bottom line they’d take action. Until then they won’t care.

Also, that game should never have come down to incompetent officiating. That is on our team and staff.

Quaoarsking
09-19-2021, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I almost posted this about 30 minutes ago with "good response" added to it. He conveyed that he's pissed without explicitly saying it.

Pinto
09-19-2021, 12:51 PM
Good to see who all the Athletic Department employees are on here. Appreciate y?all trying to do your job with damage control.

SteelCurtain74
09-19-2021, 12:58 PM
I'm not concerned about his public statement. What I hope is that he is blowing Steve Shaw's phone up and demanding that crew never work an MSU game again this year. With that said, I'm not sure that the other crews are that much better. When you have a crew on national TV not be able to know what down it is, I would say the problem runs much deeper.

Fader21
09-19-2021, 01:00 PM
I have no problem with what he publicly says. Like the poster above said. He better be having the IB going on behind doors.

Todd4State
09-19-2021, 01:02 PM
Cohen got his point across with that tweet. Not sure what else he could or should say.

The problem is simple…shitty officials have not cost the SEC one dime in any of the sports but especially football. They’ve been shitty for a while but we still consistently have the top team at the end of the year. So why would they care. We already know it’s all about money. If shitty officiating affecting their bottom line they’d take action. Until then they won’t care.

Also, that game should never have come down to incompetent officiating. That is on our team and staff.

If we don't make a bowl because of this their officials would have cost the conference money. Like millions.

TrapGame
09-19-2021, 01:09 PM
I have no problem with what he publicly says. Like the poster above said. He better be having the IB going on behind doors.

This.

Cohen is ripping someone at the SEC office a new asshole today. This is a professional public response. IB ain't gonna go all Ric Flair on Twitter.

Yes, we had a lot problems yesterday but getting royally ****ed by our own conference refs shouldn't have been one of them.

Apoplectic
09-19-2021, 01:12 PM
This.

Cohen is ripping someone at the SEC office a new asshole today. This is a professional public response. IB ain't gonna go all Ric Flair on Twitter.

Yes, we had a lot problems yesterday but getting royally ****ed by our own conference refs shouldn't have been one of them.

Yep I agree. The public response was on point. The private response is a paint peeler.

Cowbell
09-19-2021, 01:12 PM
Y'all leave Cohen alone. He has bigger fish to fry like finding us a competitive head coach

R2Dawg
09-19-2021, 01:43 PM
Y'all leave Cohen alone. He has bigger fish to fry like finding us a competitive head coach

Dang was hoping you were saying finding his retirement home. He can't make the next hire.

IMissJack
09-19-2021, 02:10 PM
Dang was hoping you were saying finding his retirement home. He can't make the next hire.

I thought you were going to say he had bigger fish to fry like picking walkout music for February.

viverlibre
09-19-2021, 02:16 PM
Low T beta response, it basically says, we got screwed, but going to bend over and take it and say thank you. He should had added the officials performance was unacceptable and he is demanding accountability and discipline for the on field officials and replay official (who presumably reviews scoring plays?).

Bothrops
09-19-2021, 02:21 PM
This will just cause more referee interference in our future games. We've called them out a little, and we will pay for this for years to come. Might as well said what he really felt.

Homedawg
09-19-2021, 02:42 PM
Low T beta response, it basically says, we got screwed, but going to bend over and take it and say thank you. He should had added the officials performance was unacceptable and he is demanding accountability and discipline for the on field officials and replay official (who presumably reviews scoring plays?).

What good does it do, to say that publicly? To appease fans, get fined and piss of the commissioner??

MetEdDawg
09-19-2021, 02:45 PM

Explain to me in what way adding what you suggested helps MSU?

Athletic directors don't get to demand accountability from their conference. It's self defeating. Go to your boss on social media and tell them one of the other entities under them screwed you over. That will go over well in the end of year job review.

maroonmania
09-19-2021, 02:58 PM
I'm not concerned about his public statement. What I hope is that he is blowing Steve Shaw's phone up and demanding that crew never work an MSU game again this year. With that said, I'm not sure that the other crews are that much better. When you have a crew on national TV not be able to know what down it is, I would say the problem runs much deeper.

I think Steve Shaw has retired. But I agree that its much more important what hell he is raising behind the scenes than it is what he says in a crafted public response.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-19-2021, 03:00 PM
Do you think Nelle wrote that statement for him?

RocketDawg
09-19-2021, 03:06 PM
It'll be interesting to see what the consequences to the officials are, if there are any. But we all know if it had happened to Alabama, and had knocked them out of first place, things would be a lot more explosive today. And there would definitely be consequences.

BeardoMSU
09-19-2021, 04:02 PM
Do you think Nelle wrote that statement for him?

Lol. Of all the things to bitch about.

Show us on the doll were Cohen's wife touched you....

https://y.yarn.co/3e4673c8-b12b-440e-8a41-3c1d5cdf8f55_text.gif

viverlibre
09-19-2021, 04:30 PM
What good does it do, to say that publicly? To appease fans, get fined and piss of the commissioner??

Exactly, to show the fans, team and university he has their back and to show he has some balls.

schddog72
09-19-2021, 04:51 PM
It'll be interesting to see what the consequences to the officials are, if there are any. But we all know if it had happened to Alabama, and had knocked them out of first place, things would be a lot more explosive today. And there would definitely be consequences.

Unfortunately, since it was MSU, the crew will probably be quietly reprimanded by the league and that will be the end of it. However, had it been one of the blue bloods such as Bama, UF, UGA, aTm, etc., the crew would probably at a minimum be suspended for one or more games this season.

redstickdawg
09-19-2021, 05:40 PM

this is exactly how I feel. Why hold back? What more could they do to us? 17 up every game? The LT jr statement was that of a weakling that has no fight and a quitter.

PendingTransaction
09-19-2021, 05:50 PM
Cohen should have said, "Declare MSU the winner or we will leave the SEC, the NCAA, and start our own league."

BeardoMSU
09-19-2021, 06:14 PM
Cohen should have said, "Declare MSU the winner or we will leave the SEC, the NCAA, and start our own league."

Lol. Those groups that want MS to secede from the USA will have themselves a flagship football program tho!**

Homedawg
09-19-2021, 08:37 PM
I think Steve Shaw has retired. But I agree that its much more important what hell he is raising behind the scenes than it is what he says in a crafted public response.

Steve Shaw left the sec for a bigger job.

Homedawg
09-19-2021, 08:39 PM
Exactly, to show the fans, team and university he has their back and to show he has some balls.

So get fined and piss the league off Bc we have a bunch of fans that are candy asses and want to be told in public we are looking out for ya. Right gotcha.

Homedawg
09-19-2021, 08:41 PM

Left off the sarcastrics****

Homedawg
09-19-2021, 08:42 PM
this is exactly how I feel. Why hold back? What more could they do to us? 17 up every game? The LT jr statement was that of a weakling that has no fight and a quitter.

Sorry, but this is just not well thought out. It doesn't help. Not one but. Hell, the fact the league put out a statement at all is amazing. Consider that a win.

redstickdawg
09-19-2021, 10:04 PM
Sorry, but this is just not well thought out. It doesn't help. Not one but. Hell, the fact the league put out a statement at all is amazing. Consider that a win.

BS the statement from the SEC was pure absolute BS nothing but a big 17 you to MSU so we are supposed to accept his same ol shit again? Seriously? Unless we have an AD with any guts (we don't) this will continue to happen again and again as it is the norm. Hell with LT sr we got good at it and jr is just bending over and telling us to take it too.

There needs to be demands for major staff changes in the SEC offices and a complete change of address. If the head of SEC officials is there at the end of the year, we need to get rid of LT jr. There must be some accountablity and there is NONE now.

Percho
09-19-2021, 10:19 PM
Col. Jessep: ----- The SEC office
Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Percho
09-19-2021, 10:35 PM
https://footballscoop.com/news/sec-admits-key-blown-calls-in-memphis-mississippi-state-game

Percho
09-19-2021, 10:37 PM
https://youtu.be/H9TozjN2ZNc Maybe he just doesn't like us. Croom was livid