PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss offense

Irondawg
09-18-2021, 09:59 PM
I know they have a 1st round qb running the show but man their offense gets guys open or in 1-1 matchups where they can win and get YAC. I just watched them concert a 3rd and 15 with a 8?yard pass. Yeah the Tulane guy blew the tackle and it should have been 4th down - but the play design isolated that wr to where IF he made the guy miss there wasn?t another defender with 15 yards.

Maybe better defenses bottle it up more but they do a good job of scheming to create mismatches.

TNDawg35
09-18-2021, 10:01 PM
I will give them this, Kiffen is a great offensive coach. They picked a good one when they hired him. Only problem is keeping him. We all know he aint staying there long...

Saltydog
09-18-2021, 10:23 PM
I will give them this, Kiffen is a great offensive coach. They picked a good one when they hired him. Only problem is keeping him. We all know he aint staying there long...
They?ve scored damn near as much in the first half against Tulane as our offense has scored combined in the last two games.

BayouDawg
09-18-2021, 10:25 PM
Lane is a good coach. I highly doubt hes in Oxford for much longer

No BS Dawg
09-18-2021, 10:29 PM
It?s sickening to watch them run up and down the field at will and our pathetic system is about as entertaining as watching paint dry. And, yes, Kiffin is a very good coach that is adaptable to his personnel and who his opponent is.

lastmajordog
09-18-2021, 10:49 PM
del

CaptainObvious
09-18-2021, 10:54 PM
I think Lane has found a good mix of Coeds he can work with in Oxford who don?t spread and tell. He may be there longer than you think. And like the previous poster said, there is a Hair Place in Oxford where the Cougars are willing and somewhat discrete.

HoopsDawg
09-18-2021, 11:00 PM
The OM offense is light years ahead of ours. It's a perfect mix of air raid concepts, rpo, spread option, TE, no TE,etc, and it's all run with great tempo.

BeardoMSU
09-18-2021, 11:08 PM
The OM offense is light years ahead of ours. It's a perfect mix of air raid concepts, rpo, spread option, TE, no TE,etc, and it's all run with great tempo.

Ah, so a modern offense...which incorporates flexibility, adjustments, and considers the personnel? I can't believe that actually works, lol.

Seriously, it's really embarrassing hearing Mike talk about how "even the NFL runs the air raid", as if it has anything to do with the scheme he runs. When was the last time we ran a bootleg? Has he even called one while coaching at State?

We refuse to move the pocket, call QB runs, encourage QB scampers, etc...

Losing this way is infuriating. It shouldn't be this bad, unless of course, you're insisting that a win comes your way or not at all.

NCDawg
09-18-2021, 11:10 PM
Shame we lost out on Ealy. He's a really good RB. Thought he was going to sign with us at one time. Too bad he didn't sign the baseball contract like lots of people on this site thought.

Bothrops
09-18-2021, 11:36 PM
Shame we lost out on Ealy. He's a really good RB. Thought he was going to sign with us at one time. Too bad he didn't sign the baseball contract like lots of people on this site thought.

So Ealy could catch lateral passes for no gain with us?

Cowbell
09-18-2021, 11:38 PM
So Ealy could catch lateral passes for no gain with us?
And get blown up doing it.

Cowbell
09-18-2021, 11:39 PM

We have two better running backs and don't use them correctly

HancockCountyDog
09-19-2021, 10:01 AM
We have two better running backs and don't use them correctly

I?m not sure i agree with you there. Ealy is pretty talented.

maroonmania
09-19-2021, 11:01 AM

Biggest thing is they have a pro QB running the show and their OL is light years ahead of ours.

msstate7
09-19-2021, 11:06 AM
Biggest thing is they have a pro QB running the show and their OL is light years ahead of ours.

Their system is much easier to block for bc you don't know what's coming; they're #2 in rushing and passing offense in the conf.

We have a potential 1st round LT to build around.

HoopsDawg
09-19-2021, 12:47 PM

we could switch Olines with them and the results would be the same.

NCDawg
09-19-2021, 12:50 PM
Lane is a good coach. I highly doubt hes in Oxford for much longer

I seem to recall a lot of people said this about Saban, also.

chef dixon
09-19-2021, 01:03 PM
If I were Bama I'd be extremely nervous about their upcoming game with them

HancockCountyDog
09-19-2021, 01:25 PM
we could switch Olines with them and the results would be the same.

Completely agree. It?s not like they have a bunch of Tunsils on that OL.

Tulane put 5 men in the box to start the game, and they ran for like 300 yards. Tulane started bringing an extra man into the box, they started hitting them deep.

The fact that they adjust their offense to take what the defense gives them is very frustrating to watch, while we consistently pass into the drop 8 is annoying.

HoopsDawg
09-19-2021, 01:34 PM
Completely agree. It?s not like they have a bunch of Tunsils on that OL.

Tulane put 5 men in the box to start the game, and they ran for like 300 yards. Tulane started bringing an extra man into the box, they started hitting them deep.

The fact that they adjust their offense to take what the defense gives them is very frustrating to watch, while we consistently pass into the drop 8 is annoying.

Yep. Kiffen said he would love to throw it every play, but if a team is only going to rush 3, you have to run it. Made me sad.

Activated Alpha
09-19-2021, 02:05 PM
OM is going to prison 17 us come November. Arnett better bring his A game