PDA

View Full Version : A few things nobody is talking about

trob115
09-18-2021, 09:03 PM
1.) take the 3 points after the Forbes int to open the 3rd quarter.

2.) kick the extra point after the holding call on the 2 point attempt

3.) Rogers inability to see down the field. Will held onto the ball way too long and cost us several times today. 4 plays he has guys wide open downfield and doesn't pull the trigger. This offense will not work until Robertson or Greek are in control. Rogers does not have the physical tools necessary to win in this league. Sure, his numbers look okay, but it's more about the throws he's not able to make to make this offense run effectively. Bucky will be along to correct me on this, but anyone that is objective can see that Will lacks arm strength that is needed.

msstate7
09-18-2021, 09:04 PM
Will is the best qb in our history - someone in the game day thread

Bothrops
09-18-2021, 09:09 PM
Rogers has to be the shortest 6'2 qb I've ever seen. Hell Leach may need a 7 footer to make this work

vv83
09-18-2021, 09:12 PM
Rogers was horrible today just like he was the first 2 weeks, besides that last drive when he threw it downfield. I?ll admit I always pinned that on Will thinking there?s no way a coach could be this stupid, but I?m starting to think Leach really just has no idea anymore. Objectively, it?s probably a combo of both of them.

TNDawg35
09-18-2021, 09:13 PM
Will is the best qb in our history - someone in the game day thread

Like I said before, this offense will never run at full potential as long as he is running it. There are WAY too
Many open receivers downfield that instead of throwing to them, he checks down or holds the ball…

HoopsDawg
09-18-2021, 09:14 PM
None of it really matters. If you can't run the football against a team dropping 8 then our ceiling under Leach will remain low. An elite QB would of course help, but we aren't going to have tackles that can pass block for 4+ seconds 50 times a game.

Lashley struggled. We moved Kam Jones over and he struggled. Cross is a first rounder and he will be gone after this year, he struggled last year. The scheme and splits can't hold up.

maroonmania
09-18-2021, 09:16 PM
Rogers was horrible today just like he was the first 2 weeks, besides that last drive when he threw it downfield. I?ll admit I always pinned that on Will thinking there?s no way a coach could be this stupid, but I?m starting to think Leach really just has no idea anymore. Objectively, it?s probably a combo of both of them.

So far this year Rogers has not been as good throwing the ball as he was last season. On the final 2 point play if he had just glanced to his left the RB leaking out that way was totally uncovered. He just never looked.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2021, 09:20 PM
Again 7 is trolling me and twisting my words. I said he is the best passing QB in the history of the school. And he is. He is far and away better than Dak was as a passer as a Soph. That is not a debate unless you are a message board troll with 60 thousand posts, or a message board Todd mcshay wanna be with 30 thousand posts. I clearly said Dak was a better player go back and look, maybe your analytical skills are better than your comprehension

TNDawg35
09-18-2021, 09:21 PM
So far this year Rogers has not been as good throwing the ball as he was last season. On the final 2 point play if he had just glanced to his left the RB leaking out that way was totally uncovered. He just never looked.

EXACLTY! DJ was WIDE OPEN if he hits him as soon as he leaks out. Everyone yelling well he was covered, well of course he was by the time he made it in the endzone. But If he hits DJ as soon as he leaks, DJ bulldozes into the endzone and game is tied.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2021, 09:22 PM
EXACLTY! DJ was WIDE OPEN if he hits him as soon as he leaks out. Everyone yelling well he was covered, well of course he was by the time he made it in the endzone. But If he hits DJ as soon as he leaks, DJ bulldozes into the endzone and game is tied.

Yall would have raised 3 kinds of hell if he threw it to the back

msstate7
09-18-2021, 09:26 PM
Again 7 is trolling me and twisting my words. I said he is the best passing QB in the history of the school. And he is. He is far and away better than Dak was as a passer as a Soph. That is not a debate unless you are a message board troll with 60 thousand posts, or a message board Todd mcshay wanna be with 30 thousand posts. I clearly said Dak was a better player go back and look, maybe your analytical skills are better than your comprehension

Actually it wasn't you. You sorta justified your claim by comparing age to age. The other just said it

maroonmania
09-18-2021, 09:29 PM
Yall would have raised 3 kinds of hell if he threw it to the back

Not when nobody was over there. The LB that had responsibility for him got hung up in traffic. He would have made it in easily.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2021, 09:31 PM
Not when nobody was over there. The LB that had responsibility for him got hung up in traffic. He would have made it in easily.

It looked to me like he did what he had to do, which was run it after we ran a play we have ran out of that same formation over and over.

Looked to me like the ?RUN DA BAWL WILL? crowd saw why he hasnt ran it at every opportunity

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2021, 09:31 PM
Actually it wasn't you. You sorta justified your claim by comparing age to age. The other just said it

He is not Dak. Nobody will be Dak. But he is going to win and break a lot of Daks records

trob115
09-18-2021, 09:33 PM
He might break some records, but we ain't winning jack if he's at Qb.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2021, 09:35 PM

I guess time will tell. You will end up on the crow line as well I think

Bothrops
09-18-2021, 09:37 PM

Exactly, such records are like winning an award for jacking off more than anyone you've ever known in your life.

HoopsDawg
09-18-2021, 09:38 PM
I guess time will tell. You will end up on the crow line as well I think

Of course he's going to break all the passing records. We throw 60 times a game. Any QB would.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2021, 09:40 PM
Of course he's going to break all the passing records. We throw 60 times a game. Any QB would.

Maybe. But he will also throw way less INTs.

trob115
09-18-2021, 09:46 PM
I think that is half of his problem. He's too scared to push the ball downfield afraid of an int. He's way too timid.

BulldogBear
09-18-2021, 09:47 PM
1.) take the 3 points after the Forbes int to open the 3rd quarter.

2.) kick the extra point after the holding call on the 2 point attempt

3.) Rogers inability to see down the field. Will held onto the ball way too long and cost us several times today. 4 plays he has guys wide open downfield and doesn't pull the trigger. This offense will not work until Robertson or Greek are in control. Rogers does not have the physical tools necessary to win in this league. Sure, his numbers look okay, but it's more about the throws he's not able to make to make this offense run effectively. Bucky will be along to correct me on this, but anyone that is objective can see that Will lacks arm strength that is needed.

4) I would add do not kick the second onside (after the 17ing on the first one) when they knew it was coming. We had TOs and 3m. Imagine stopping them at their 35yl, well outside of FG range. Another scenario in which we win the game in spite of the officiating.

Coach34
09-18-2021, 09:54 PM

holy cow. I wont call you stupid because you love your son. I get it.

But if Dak got to throw the ball 55 times a Saturday he would be much better than Rogers. Rogers is nowhere close to being a top half SEC QB. Hell- he's not a top half D-1 QB. Every QB in the country can throw dump downs to RB's 20 times a Saturday

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2021, 10:30 PM

But if Dak got to throw the ball 55 times a Saturday he would be much better than Rogers. Rogers is nowhere close to being a top half SEC QB. Hell- he's not a top half D-1 QB. Every QB in the country can throw dump downs to RB's 20 times a Saturday

I will call you stupid or you have memory loss issues (maybe both) if you can sit there as a real life football coach and think that Dak Prescott as a sophomore could throw the ball and go thru his progressions like Will is right now. The Qb guru wouldnt out right start him over Tyler Russell who was a fish out of water till late that year. Yall must have had a late one last night. And for the record, we both know that 65 pass attempts is way too many for anyone.

Btw again,not my kid.

MaroonFlounder
09-18-2021, 10:32 PM
Will Rogers gonna have some really good stats for a QB on a 4-8 team.

Maroonthirteen
09-19-2021, 04:29 AM
Another thing not being talked about is, Memphis was more physical than State. Memphis!!!! State goes down with one hit. Memphis got yards after contact. It's another reason State can't get yardage in short down and distance.

When State gets in SEC play vs more talented DLs and LBs.... and if State is in goal to goal....the redZone efficiency will be ugly. Leach better learn to use that kicker.

R2Dawg
09-19-2021, 08:29 AM
Like I said before, this offense will never run at full potential as long as he is running it. There are WAY too
Many open receivers downfield that instead of throwing to them, he checks down or holds the ball?

The first thing fans do call for the team MVP - the backup QB. Our backup QB won't fix this dumpster fire. Will is setting records. Yes Will has flaws but he ain't the main reason this O sucks. He is executing Leach's system.

R2Dawg
09-19-2021, 08:31 AM

Bingo. Well Will misses a lot of dump downs too or makes RB make circus catches. But, Will ain't the issue, he is running the O Leach wants.

msudawg1200
09-19-2021, 08:35 AM
I don't think so pal. He may throw for more yards than them, but Dave Marler, Tony Shell, and even Kevin Fant would have been way more effective as passers in this offense than Rogers. Hell, maybe even Todd Jordan. I forgot about Derrick Taite. He could throw the damn ball downfield. Again, I have no problem with Rogers, but you have to be kin to him or something with the way you defend him.

KOdawg1
09-19-2021, 08:38 AM
Will Rogers was recruited to be Garrett Shrader's backup under Moorhead. He had offers from Wazzu, Tulane, and Troy. We ended up hiring one of the few other coaches that offered him, and he's the best we have right now. I don't hate him. I think he's doing the best he can. But there's a reason he was an 86 rated 3 star with no SEC or other P5 offers (besides Wazzu). He's not a move the needle QB.

confucius say
09-19-2021, 02:15 PM
Will was not accurate yesterday. He usually is.

But He wasn't the reason we lost. Marks fumble for a TD, punt return td, two missed extra points, not taking the 3. It's a 34-17 game if we just don't do stupid stuff, even with will struggling. Give them a garbage TD and it's still a 10 point win in a game we were favored by 3.

Also, the OL had 7 penalties.

schddog72
09-19-2021, 05:49 PM
Another thing not being talked about is, Memphis was more physical than State. Memphis!!!! State goes down with one hit. Memphis got yards after contact. It's another reason State can't get yardage in short down and distance.

When State gets in SEC play vs more talented DLs and LBs.... and if State is in goal to goal....the redZone efficiency will be ugly. Leach better learn to use that kicker.

THIS!! I made this exact observation last night in another thread. I've never seen softer RB's and wideouts than ours. They go down soooooooo easily. Would love to compare yards-after-contact between the two teams last night.