PDA

View Full Version : I can't embed a tweet, but SEC admitted they f'ed up...

HoopsDawg
09-18-2021, 08:49 PM
I have no idea what that back judge didn't man up and tell the officials he waived the play dead.

I have no idea why the clowns in the replay booth didn't review the call.

And I have no idea why not a single coach on our entire staff didn't demand a review, challenge the play or walk onto the field for an explanation.

And also, Walley, just pick up the ball.

Extendedcab
09-18-2021, 09:02 PM
So what is the remedy, call the score invalid and State wins? That will be the day!

Dawg_Lover
09-18-2021, 09:03 PM
I have no idea what that back judge didn't man up and tell the officials he waived the play dead.

And I have no idea why not a single coach on our entire staff didn't demand a review, challenge the play or walk onto the field for an explanation.

Hmmmmmm ...... Smoke screen, with a little ?Oops, my bad? deflection ?????
Cannot completely discount the possibility.
Humans are infallible.

maroonmania
09-18-2021, 10:19 PM

How exactly do you 'demand' a review in college? You can't throw a red flag. I guess you can burn a TO and bitch. In the NFL you can force a review by throwing the red flag but I don't know how to force a review in college.

HoopsDawg
09-18-2021, 10:21 PM
How exactly do you 'demand' a review in college? You can't throw a red flag. I guess you can burn a TO and bitch. In the NFL you can force a review by throwing the red flag but I don't know how to force a review in college.

coaches get 1 challenge don't they?

You mean to tell me Saban wouldn't have stormed the field on that play? Mullen? Kirby Smart?

maroonmania
09-18-2021, 11:00 PM
coaches get 1 challenge don't they?

You mean to tell me Saban wouldn't have stormed the field on that play? Mullen? Kirby Smart?

I don't know. There is no challenge flag anymore so I am not really sure how to force one. You can call a timeout and have it out with the ref and they would probably do one but that is still up to the discretion of the officiating crew.

HoopsDawg
09-18-2021, 11:01 PM
I don't know. There is no challenge flag anymore so I am not really sure how to force one. You can call a timeout and have it out with the ref and they would probably do one but that is still up to the discretion of the officiating crew.

You don't stand on the sideline with a clueless look on your face. That I do know.

Cowbell
09-18-2021, 11:02 PM
You don't stand on the sideline with a clueless look on your face. That I do know.

He didn't even know they whistles it dead. Had no clue when it was brought up in the post game pressor. It's sad

Bothrops
09-18-2021, 11:32 PM
**** those guys

BulldogBear
09-18-2021, 11:47 PM
SEC is now trying to play it off as unfortunate, that maybe they should've called a penalty for the double #4s, but they are hardly admitting they changed the outcome with the officiating. Haven't even acknowledged the whole "well, you're right, review shows we have to reverse the possession on the onside kick, but we found a penalty that we didn't call on the actual play so that we could make you rekick it anyway thing."

Lord McBuckethead
09-19-2021, 12:15 AM

All scoring plays are automatically reviewed. They just didn?t and our coaches and players did not even ask the refs why the hell did he get to advance the ball when our players stopped due to the ref throwing the bean bag, blowing a whistle, and waving his hands thereby killing the play.

Then the coaching staff allowed the refs to call us for a penalty during the onside kick that they didn?t flag us for on the field. Not to mention the two number 4s and then having 13 players and a coach on the field during their bullshit return.

R2Dawg
09-19-2021, 08:44 AM

Anything to cause a delay will many times prompt a replay. Flag, TO, delay of game, whatever.