PDA

View Full Version : Harsh reality

chef dixon
09-18-2021, 08:22 PM
Bitch about Leach all you want. It doesn't matter who the coach at MSU is. We will always be at risk to lose a G5 game, especially on the road. But we will all continue to torture ourselves as fans.

Todd4State
09-18-2021, 08:26 PM
The harsh reality is our boosters are going to have to get off their ass and focus more on football.

We've always tried to hire some coach that can do more with less and that's only going to get us so far realistically.

Bothrops
09-18-2021, 08:35 PM
The harsh reality is our boosters are going to have to get off their ass and focus more on football.

They have to care first.

CaptainObvious
09-18-2021, 08:48 PM
Do we have 40 or more multi-million dollar boosters? Because that is what it is going to take. We cannot continue to recruit 2 and 3 star Offensive linemen from 2A and 3A public schools in BF Egypt, Mississippi, taking 3 years to get them to where they can even get on the participation sheet.

IMissJack
09-18-2021, 09:10 PM
Do we have 40 or more multi-million dollar boosters? Because that is what it is going to take. We cannot continue to recruit 2 and 3 star Offensive linemen from 2A and 3A public schools in BF Egypt, Mississippi, taking 3 years to get them to where they can even get on the participation sheet.

The fact that I am in the top 10% of bulldog club points rankings tells me we have a lot of people that give nothing. That is not bragging, because I know a lot of people that make more money than I do. It is an indication of how few actually contribute. It is the same as church, 20% give 80% of the budget.

maroonmania
09-18-2021, 09:24 PM
The fact that I am in the top 10% of bulldog club points rankings tells me we have a lot of people that give nothing. That is not bragging, because I know a lot of people that make more money than I do. It is an indication of how few actually contribute. It is the same as church, 20% give 80% of the budget.

Way too many MSU fans only care when they can jump on the bandwagon when things are going good like that 2014 team. Then they just totally ignore the team when we are just average or worse. Really doesn't matter, I think NIL is going to make it impossible for us to really compete in the SEC going forward anyway. Being a rural school with a relatively small fan base is a killer given the league we play in at least when it comes to football.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-18-2021, 10:04 PM

Horse before the cart. Win and the money will flow. Continue making poor decisions and the fans will be apathetic. MSU has a $100 million dollar plus budget - how much does it cost to a least have a winning season?

CaptainObvious
09-18-2021, 10:10 PM
Well to this point Leach is 6-8 in his first 14 games. He is averaging $357,000 per game, but a whopping $833,333 per win.

So I guess the cigar boys feel like they are getting g their money?s worth because Little Ol Mississippi State has the freaking Pirate! As our Head Coach!

maroonmania
09-18-2021, 10:16 PM
Bitch about Leach all you want. It doesn't matter who the coach at MSU is. We will always be at risk to lose a G5 game, especially on the road. But we will all continue to torture ourselves as fans.

Especially if SEC refs are calling the game.

HoopsDawg
09-18-2021, 10:18 PM

really? Mullen was here 9 years, how many G5 games did he lose? two?

Our budget and facilites are so far ahead of the G5 teams we should never lose to a team like Memphis.

lastmajordog
09-18-2021, 10:19 PM
Enjoy..... om just dropped 40 in a first half........geeeeze

IMissJack
09-18-2021, 10:19 PM
Horse before the cart. Win and the money will flow. Continue making poor decisions and the fans will be apathetic. MSU has a $100 million dollar plus budget - how much does it cost to a least have a winning season?

The 10 years prior to Leach were arguably the best consecutive 10 years of football in MSU history. If fans didn’t give then, they won’t give more now if Leach goes 7-5.

BeardoMSU
09-18-2021, 10:20 PM
Enjoy..... om just dropped 40 in a first half........geeeeze

They're going to stomp a mud hole in us...at home, no less.