PDA

View Full Version : My 2 biggest opinions for those that care

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2021, 07:49 PM
1. Leach has to change his short yardage offense. We are the easiest team in the country to stop on 3rd and 4th short/goal. He has to add a TE/H or at least do more than inside zone or a screen. It makes 0 sense to consistently make your job harder.

2. Why all of a sudden can we take and hit shots down the field when we have to? Why do we make ourselves execute 16 play drives when we have that ability? Is it Will? Is it Leach? I believe it is a little of both but I think it is mostly on Leach and his play calling. Will takes pride in not turning it over but it is mind boggling that we all of a sudden can hit shots when they should absolutely be taking them away from you.

I have never in my life seen a screw job the way we were screwed today. I will call it now too, we will beat LSU next Saturday

Quaoarsking
09-18-2021, 07:52 PM
I think Will loosened up in the 4th against La Tech and at the end today and was looking to throw downfield because he had to.

I would be fine with a small number of interceptions if we could look like we did on those drives and snap the ball quickly.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2021, 07:53 PM
I think Will loosened up in the 4th against La Tech and at the end today and was looking to throw downfield because he had to.

I would be fine with a small number of interceptions if we could look like we did on those drives and snap the ball quickly.

I would be too. But for the vast majority of the game Will is doing what he is supposed to do. But it is way too hard to execute 15 play drives over and over. We have to change it

PGHBulldogBG
09-18-2021, 07:54 PM
The come backs against La Tech and the attempted comeback today shows the heart our team has. It?s just such a shame the coaching is so bad because these players deserve so much better

maroonmania
09-18-2021, 07:54 PM
1. Leach has to change his short yardage offense. We are the easiest team in the country to stop on 3rd and 4th short/goal. He has to add a TE/H or at least do more than inside zone or a screen. It makes 0 sense to consistently make your job harder.

2. Why all of a sudden can we take and hit shots down the field when we have to? Why do we make ourselves execute 16 play drives when we have that ability? Is it Will? Is it Leach? I believe it is a little of both but I think it is mostly on Leach and his play calling. Will takes pride in not turning it over but it is mind boggling that we all of a sudden can hit shots when they should absolutely be taking them away from you.

I have never in my life seen a screw job the way we were screwed today. I will call it now too, we will beat LSU next Saturday

Yep, which is the reason I did not want to go for the 4th and goal when we could have easily kicked the FG to go up 20-7. Not only is our offense ineffective with that little bit of field to work with, I knew a 4th down stand would swing the momentum to Memphis if they stopped us, which they did.

CaptainObvious
09-18-2021, 07:57 PM
Yep, which is the reason I did not want to go for the 4th and goal when we could have easily kicked the FG to go up 20-7. Not only is our offense ineffective with that little bit of field to work with, I knew a 4th down stand would swing the momentum to Memphis if they stopped us, which they did.

But our vaunted defense should not have allowed a 97 yard drive. In fact, State should have held Memphis to 3 and out.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2021, 07:59 PM
The problem is not at QB. He is doing all he can do and in some cases, more. But I would love to know why all of a sudden can we take and hit shots to wide open targets when we have to check it down all game before hand? We are doing the opposite of the way football works. Those throws should never be there late but we are taking and hitting them. It blows my mind.

Will Rogers is going to shatter every record we have and is going to make a lot of people on here eat their words like he has since he got the job. I have already made one ban bet and will easily make another on all of this. We have a winner at QB. But we have to adapt and we take too long to do it. Short yardage lost us the game along with a hose job and Forbes falling down

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2021, 08:00 PM
But our vaunted defense should not have allowed a 97 yard drive. In fact, State should have held Memphis to 3 and out.

4th and 10 and they motioned to trips, we didnt adjust had 2 over 3 and they got the first down

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2021, 08:01 PM
And it has been said that Leach will lose one he isnt supposed to but steal one as well. We will find out

R2Dawg
09-18-2021, 08:03 PM
Can't put this on our D. Our O gave Memphis 7. Refs gave Memphis 7. Our D held Memphis to 50% of their typical yards. This ain't on the D.

R2Dawg
09-18-2021, 08:04 PM
And it has been said that Leach will lose one he isnt supposed to but steal one as well. We will find out

He is gonna lose a lot more on top of that. The only one left he is now supposed to win is TSU so he has a lot of opportunities. That stat ain't always a good thing.

BiscuitEater
09-18-2021, 08:06 PM
Offense is a 'penalty' machine! Defense was beat on 'every' trick play! Comedy of errors! Should of won by 3 tds!

maroonmania
09-18-2021, 08:13 PM

Probably not but, even with that drive, our defense only allowed 14 points on the day.

War Machine Dawg
09-18-2021, 08:33 PM

Why do people keep asking Leach to change what he does? Serious question. The man literally hasn't changed his offense at all in 25 years. Where is the evidence that he'll suddenly make changes now, when he's clearly used us as a last big payday to semi-retire?

The refs took it rom us today, but we should've never been in the position for them to do that. The longer we let Tiger High hang around, the more worried I became. Arkansas State put up 50 points and 600 yards on them. We scored 3 times. If you're asking me to believe ASU is more talented offensively than us, no way I'm buying that. We need a better QB because Will isn't the answer, but the problems are mostly systematic. Everyone has adjusted and Leach not only hasn't but won't.

Homedawg
09-18-2021, 08:39 PM

# 1 ain't never happening....

Bothrops
09-18-2021, 08:42 PM
Can't put this on our D. Our O gave Memphis 7. Refs gave Memphis 7. Our D held Memphis to 50% of their typical yards. This ain't on the D.

******* right

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2021, 08:52 PM
# 1 ain't never happening....

He ran two TEs at TTU

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2021, 08:53 PM
Why do people keep asking Leach to change what he does? Serious question. The man literally hasn't changed his offense at all in 25 years. Where is the evidence that he'll suddenly make changes now, when he's clearly used us as a last big payday to semi-retire?

The refs took it rom us today, but we should've never been in the position for them to do that. The longer we let Tiger High hang around, the more worried I became. Arkansas State put up 50 points and 600 yards on them. We scored 3 times. If you're asking me to believe ASU is more talented offensively than us, no way I'm buying that. We need a better QB because Will isn't the answer, but the problems are mostly systematic. Everyone has adjusted and Leach not only hasn't but won't.

Anyone who watches us and blames it on the QB needs to retire their message board expert status

PGHBulldogBG
09-18-2021, 08:54 PM
Anyone who watches us and blames it on the QB needs to retire their message board expert status

It?s not on Will at all. Kid has heart. It?s on the coaching staff

NCDawg
09-18-2021, 09:00 PM
One thing for sure. Our RT isn't getting it done. He got beat almost all game long. We need to try someone else there.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2021, 09:02 PM
I said a long time ago we would go as far as the 5 up front would carry us

War Machine Dawg
09-18-2021, 11:28 PM

Will is decent. Nothing more. He's got a weak arm and isn't especially accurate. He's smart and has heart, but that doesn't offset the lack of physical tools. Racking up plastic yardage in an offense where he's throwing it 70 times a week doesn't make him good. I'd have taken the Memphis QB over Will today. If you're telling me we can't upgrade Will, I don't know what to tell you. It's pretty obvious to me he's an issue. Not the main issue, but an issue nonetheless. I could say the same for the OL. But how many times do I have to say the problem is the offensive scheme is an outdated gimmick?

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2021, 11:29 PM
Will is decent. Nothing more. He's got a weak arm and isn't especially accurate. He's smart and has heart, but that doesn't offset the lack of physical tools. Racking up plastic yardage in an offense where he's throwing it 70 times a week doesn't make him good. I'd have taken the Memphis QB over Will today. If you're telling me we can't upgrade Will, I don't know what to tell you. It's pretty obvious to me he's an issue. Not the main issue, but an issue nonetheless. I could say the same for the OL. But how many times do I have to say the problem is the offensive scheme is an outdated gimmick?

Yeah his arm looked weak on those post routes. Memphis QB would not start for us.

As far as the offense goes we agree I wish Leach would add a little more to the ground game and be a little more creative especially in the red zone

Cowbell
09-18-2021, 11:35 PM

Bucky - this ain't gonna work. He ain't adjusting. Me and you and every defensive mind in this league knows it and he can't figure it out. Hell, if he would have just ran Will today when nobody was open. The defense would have had to creep up and we would have won this game. The fact that we don't have a goal line offense in the SEC is horse crap. I mean amateur to the core. It's freaking sad. I hope our entire offensive roster transfers for their own careers sake. Especially with numb nuts trashing them after every game. Leach brings a sword to a gunfight.

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2021, 11:51 PM
Bucky - this ain't gonna work. He ain't adjusting. Me and you and every defensive mind in this league knows it and he can't figure it out. Hell, if he would have just ran Will today when nobody was open. The defense would have had to creep up and we would have won this game. The fact that we don't have a goal line offense in the SEC is horse crap. I mean amateur to the core. It's freaking sad. I hope our entire offensive roster transfers for their own careers sake. Especially with numb nuts trashing them after every game. Leach brings a sword to a gunfight.

He didnt forget how to coach. I agree we should adapt and be more creative but he is a winner.

Cowbell
09-19-2021, 12:03 AM
He didnt forget how to coach. I agree we should adapt and be more creative but he is a winner.

Mack Brown was once a winner at Texas. Houston Nutt was a winner at Arkansas. Gene Chizik at Auburn. Les miles at LSU. Chad Morris was good until he got to the SEC as well as Beliema. People can win big in other places and other times and it doesn't mean jack here. What I saw today on offensive was schematically the worst thing I have ever seen here. The sad thing is we have the talent to win. Heck we have the best WR we've ever had. But our offense is predictable. The man does not adapt and I would argue the more film that gets out there, the harder it will be for us to win.

BuckyIsAB****
09-19-2021, 12:13 AM
Mack Brown was once a winner at Texas. Houston Nutt was a winner at Arkansas. Gene Chizik at Auburn. Les miles at LSU. Chad Morris was good until he got to the SEC as well as Beliema. People can win big in other places and other times and it doesn't mean jack here. What I saw today on offensive was schematically the worst thing I have ever seen here. The sad thing is we have the talent to win. Heck we have the best WR we've ever had. But our offense is predictable. The man does not adapt and I would argue the more film that gets out there, the harder it will be for us to win.

I agree that he is going to have to add something or at least be more creative in what he already has. The sail route to Walley today was new and we never went back to it. Or at least never hit it again.

The biggest place we lack to my eye is our lack of any creativity and commitment to the running game. We ran buck sweep last week, never saw it today. Speed option or jet sweep would help a lot. Adding a TE or H back would at least create another gap they have to account for. Simple GT counter or zone double fold would help. especially against odd front teams

Cowbell
09-19-2021, 12:38 AM
I agree that he is going to have to add something or at least be more creative in what he already has. The sail route to Walley today was new and we never went back to it. Or at least never hit it again.

The biggest place we lack to my eye is our lack of any creativity and commitment to the running game. We ran buck sweep last week, never saw it today. Speed option or jet sweep would help a lot. Adding a TE or H back would at least create another gap they have to account for. Simple GT counter or zone double fold would help. especially against odd front teams

Why does Will not run? Why no roll outs? Why not run a zone read or a qb draw with three down? I mean anything to keep LBs honest. We are basically playing with 10 men. I mean this is elementary stuff and he is making 5 Mil Bucky. What's worse is half our fans thinks will sucks because of it and no qb can throw into an 8 man zone with backers playing that deep.

And how about his clock management? It's the worst I've ever seen - 5 minutes to go today down two scores and we run off 2 minutes running 3 plays.

Todd4State
09-19-2021, 12:51 AM
I think it's Will based on how I understand Leach calls his plays. To me it looks like the game is moving too fast for Will at times. Until we get into a situation where he has to push it down the field.

People want Leach to adapt by adding mobile QB runs. I think the biggest thing he needs to do is just throw it deep more.

MaroonFlounder
09-19-2021, 09:02 AM
It?s not on Will at all. Kid has heart. It?s on the coaching staff

I like Will, a lot. The team likes him, and wants to help him succeed.

But he missed 2 wide open receivers deep earlier in the game. Why was he on target deep late? Big mystery. Even last week against NC State he choked away 3 TDs on drives that we either came away empty or had to kick a FG. He overthrew a pass in the flat in which the RB had nothing but green in front of him. He overthrew the pass that DJ had to dive for (he would have scored if Will hits him in stride) and then the pass to Polk in the endzone that was 5 feet over his head and Polk got popped in the air.

Churchill
09-19-2021, 09:16 AM
I think it's Will based on how I understand Leach calls his plays. To me it looks like the game is moving too fast for Will at times. Until we get into a situation where he has to push it down the field.

People want Leach to adapt by adding mobile QB runs. I think the biggest thing he needs to do is just throw it deep more.

But it really makes things a lot simpler for opposing D's when the QB is NO threat to run. If the QB is a threat to run it opens up the passing game tremendously....including deep routes.

Dawgfan77
09-19-2021, 11:20 AM
Yeah his arm looked weak on those post routes. Memphis QB would not start for us.

As far as the offense goes we agree I wish Leach would add a little more to the ground game and be a little more creative especially in the red zone

You mean the pass where our WR had to stop running in an under thrown ballot the post where he bounced the ball to Calvin...
I like you been watching will since his 9th grade year. He is what he is and would thrive at an FCS school.