PDA

View Full Version : If any of you have the ear of anyone in the athletic department

BulldogBear
09-18-2021, 06:51 PM
Please let them know that a fine is the least of the program's worries.

This fan base is frustrated and even fractured to a degree. We need to see some fire from them to help bring us together. We need to know that aren't just gonna a take it without even asking for a reach around.

The fine will be worth it. Please complain about this.

IMissJack
09-18-2021, 06:55 PM
This shit starts at the top. When that position starts giving a shit about football and academics, we will see change. Not before.

StarkVegasSteve
09-18-2021, 07:01 PM
This shit starts at the top. When that position starts giving a shit about football and academics, we will see change. Not before.

THIS. Until we realize that it isn?t profitable to just be a baseball school then nothing will change.

RocketDawg
09-18-2021, 07:07 PM
Please let them know that a fine is the least of the program's worries.

This fan base is frustrated and even fractured to a degree. We need to see some fire from them to help bring us together. We need to know that aren't just gonna a take it without even asking for a reach around.

The fine will be worth it. Please complain about this.

At $5M/year, he should be required to get a few fines.

Dawg_Lover
09-18-2021, 08:00 PM
Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post

THIS. Until we realize that it isn?t profitable to just be a baseball school then nothing will change.

At the heart of it all, IMO, this is common sense and truth.

R2Dawg
09-18-2021, 08:09 PM
At $5M/year, he should be required to get a few fines.

Hah, I agree. He should gladly offer up.

bobtail bob
09-18-2021, 08:23 PM
I’m sure that a sternly worded letter will be sent while reaching for our part of the tv rights with the other hand. This school is happy to serve as a easy win for the football powers. I’m wouldn’t care if they shut football down as we will never, ever,ever win or be allowed to win any kind of title in the sport.. The years roll by but everything remains the same

Leeshouldveflanked
09-18-2021, 08:25 PM
LT is grooming Cohen well.

Maroonthirteen
09-18-2021, 08:27 PM
The years roll by but everything remains the same

Yep. Back in the day, I hated Alabama. Hated!!!!! Now, I've accepted what college football is and I enjoy watching them. I don't even care.

Also, congrats to Memphis today. Kinda. But they'll always be a generic commuter basketball school in G5. 3-0 in their last 3 P5 games or not.

R2Dawg
09-18-2021, 08:28 PM
I’m sure that a sternly worded letter will be sent while reaching for our part of the tv rights with the other hand. This school is happy to serve as a easy win for the football powers. I’m wouldn’t care if they shut football down as we will never, ever,ever win or be allowed to win any kind of title in the sport.. The years roll by but everything remains the same

We are not the money machine for the SEC and that is what is behind everything at the end of the day. You are correct. I can be happy with competing and going to a bowl every year with an upset or special year every 5 years or so.

Todd4State
09-18-2021, 08:33 PM

This is on the money. Neither one of them have any idea how to win in football.

bobtail bob
09-18-2021, 08:36 PM
We are not the money machine for the SEC and that is what is behind everything at the end of the day. You are correct. I can be happy with competing and going to a bowl every year with an upset or special year every 5 years or so.

Larry Tempelton let them railroad Jackie by sitting on his hands and not doing shit. The newspapers crucified Coach Sherill including Rick Clevelands runt ass. LT was rewarded by being put in SEC administration. We should have bucked the NCAA right there. That’s why this garbage continues to happen. They fear no blow back from any of the shit that they continue to heap upon us.

War Machine Dawg
09-18-2021, 08:44 PM
Larry Tempelton let them railroad Jackie by sitting on his hands and not doing shit. The newspapers crucified Coach Sherill including Rick Clevelands runt ass. LT was rewarded by being put in SEC administration. We should have bucked the NCAA right there. That’s why this garbage continues to happen. They fear no blow back from any of the shit that they continue to heap upon us.

Yep. Is Bracky Brett still in charge of our football compliance? Because if so, that tells you all you need to know about how seriously we take football. A high school football coach has no business being in charge of NCAA compliance in 2021. It should be a lawyer or a former NCAA compliance office official (who's probably also a lawyer).

Look at Northern Miss. We all know about The Network and the way they cheated. They had all the big boys of college football pissed and asking the NCAA to hammer them. But what did Northern Miss do? They lawyered up, made the NCAA's life hell trying to prove anything and ultimately got away with nothing but a slap on the wrist and a strongly worded letter. That's how you do it in the modern era. Instead, we confess all our sins and hope for the best. It has to stop.

R2Dawg
09-18-2021, 08:46 PM

Yep true. TBH, some of this may be why Mullen wanted out. He saw there wasn't the right support?

Leeshouldveflanked
09-18-2021, 08:48 PM
Cohen, Bracky and several others in the MSU Athletic Department and Bulldog Club need to go. A lot of good people within the MSU athletic department have left the last few years because of Cohen.

Extendedcab
09-18-2021, 08:53 PM
If all of us on this board do not write the following, them we are not worth our salt as MSU alumni and fans.

NCAA President
SEC President
MSU President
MSU Athletic Director
MSU Head Foot Ball Coach <-- yes Leach for not demanding a review of the play (the punt that was downed and then ran in for a touchdown)

What a f-ing joke, not only did an official mark the spot where the ball was downed and signaled the play was dead, but Memphis also had 2 players on the field with the same jersey number (#4). Two mistakes on 1 play.

These referees need to be FIRED immediately and the SEC (I think they were SEC officials) needs to be fined for imitating a college football league with its crooked officials.

I can't remember the last time I have bee so PISSED!!!

It is time for action!!!!

RocketDawg
09-18-2021, 09:06 PM
Yep. Back in the day, I hated Alabama. Hated!!!!! Now, I've accepted what college football is and I enjoy watching them. I don't even care.

Also, congrats to Memphis today. Kinda. But they'll always be a generic commuter basketball school in G5. 3-0 in their last 3 P5 games or not.

Mullen almost got his Saban win today. Closest he's ever come I suppose, unless you count the time the Alabama receiver went out of bounds, then came back in to catch a TD.

maroonmania
09-18-2021, 09:09 PM

Yea, Cohen threw plenty of tantrums as a player and coach but doesn't seem to give a crap as an AD when we get screwed over.

maroonmania
09-18-2021, 09:13 PM
Mullen almost got his Saban win today. Closest he's ever come I suppose, unless you count the time the Alabama receiver went out of bounds, then came back in to catch a TD.

Yea, in thinking of our screwovers by SEC refs today that one came to mind. Ref threw his hat down signaling the Bama WR went out of bounds illegally but decided to allow the completion down to the 1 after he saw the result of the play. He even spotted the ball down at the 1 with no cap on. Of course I have come to expect SEC refs cheating for the top SEC teams against us, now it seems to have crossed over to when we play G5 non-conference teams. And that is beyond any logic because it sure doesn't help the SEC to have us losing to Memphis.

Dawgfan77
09-18-2021, 09:15 PM
From a deep source... JC could give two shits about football. He was a bad hire.

IMissJack
09-18-2021, 09:16 PM
From a deep source... JC could give two shits about football. He was a bad hire.

Go higher…

Maroonthirteen
09-18-2021, 09:21 PM

Almost huh...? And who won today, Florida or Bama? Alabama. Who won in 2017, State or Bama? Alabama.

Dawgfan77
09-18-2021, 09:28 PM
Go higher…

From deep after Moorehead he was told. Don't mess this up.... so yeah here we are losing to Memphis when your HC doesn't even asked for a review... can't get it in from the 3..
we are leaches retirement plan. Cohen could see through SloMo and now can't see through leach bs.. we are so far away from being good

Bothrops
09-18-2021, 09:31 PM
We are a soft people and have never really given a squirt about football. Why, because our history says so mother****ers. The times when we were good was due to the law of averages and we still got the short end. This fanbase would rather play with their peckers and glutton themselves to death than to pony up and simply care more.

bobtail bob
09-18-2021, 09:39 PM
If all of us on this board do not write the following, them we are not worth our salt as MSU alumni and fans.

NCAA President
SEC President
MSU President
MSU Athletic Director
MSU Head Foot Ball Coach <-- yes Leach for not demanding a review of the play (the punt that was downed and then ran in for a touchdown)

What a f-ing joke, not only did an official mark the spot where the ball was downed and signaled the play was dead, but Memphis also had 2 players on the field with the same jersey number (#4). Two mistakes on 1 play.

These referees need to be FIRED immediately and the SEC (I think they were SEC officials) needs to be fined for imitating a college football league with its crooked officials.

I can't remember the last time I have bee so PISSED!!!

It is time for action!!!!

They don't give a shit about emails. We don't matter because we go along for that check. It would take upsetting the apple cart in order to get some satisfaction. What if he comes out and says no game this weekend. I'm not putting my players out there at the mercy of these incompetents .I know it won't happen but it would get some attention. Our low t , Pres, AD and frankly coach don't want to risk any of their financial security but that's what it's going to take. Even then any gains would be short lived

Extendedcab
09-18-2021, 09:45 PM
They don't give a shit about emails. We don't matter because we go along for that check. It would take upsetting the apple cart in order to get some satisfaction. What if he comes out and says no game this weekend. I'm not putting my players out there at the mercy of these incompetents .I know it won't happen but it would get some attention. Our low t , Pres, AD and frankly coach don't want to risk any of their financial security but that's what it's going to take. Even then any gains would be short lived

I disagree, flood their inboxes with emails and call their offices. It does work! It will get their attention!

Don't just bitch to all on this board, really give a shit and do something!