PDA

View Full Version : I remember when we were well coached and relevant.

War Machine Dawg
09-18-2021, 03:33 PM
We're a long damn way from that now. Thanks, Woke Bastard. You've destroyed the revenue driver of the athletic department. It's cool though, we won a baseball natty, so you probably have a job for life. We all know the Cigar Boys that supported the shit show of LT put you in charge, so they're thrilled with us sucking as long as they have power.

lefty96
09-18-2021, 03:51 PM
I guess for the purposes of being pissed, we can ignore that ?woke? and ?hiring mike leach? don?t really go hand in hand?

War Machine Dawg
09-18-2021, 04:01 PM
I guess for the purposes of being pissed, we can ignore that ?woke? and ?hiring mike leach? don?t really go hand in hand?

And you can ignore how Cohen threw Leach under the bus for tweeting a meme that no one in their right mind thought was racist. Not to mention all the other Woke garbage he's allowed to go on in the athletic department.

Also, for the record, I'm really not even mad. I'm just sad at this point. Being mad would require emotional investment, which Cohen killed for me by not firing Moorhead after 2018. It's obvious that Cohen is out of his depth at AD. But we have no serious leadership, so he'll be here for ages.

Dawg2003
09-18-2021, 04:22 PM
We're lucky to have Leach. Coaching football at State is a tough job that a lot of people don't want. Leach will give us a solid team with some stability at the head coach position.

Quaoarsking
09-18-2021, 04:22 PM
You're mad because Cohen didn't fire a coach after just 1 year, in which we went 8-5, won the Egg Bowl, and finished ranked [in the Coach's Poll]? There's just no way he could have possibly done that.

But he did surprise a lot of people in the fanbase and outside of it by canning him after year 2, which was obviously a fantastic move since he brought in a top 15 coach to replace him.

Quaoarsking
09-18-2021, 04:23 PM
And you can ignore how Cohen threw Leach under the bus for tweeting a meme that no one in their right mind thought was racist.

Nobody even remembers that happening (thanks to Cohen smoothing it over), so why are you even reminding anyone?

preachermatt83
09-18-2021, 04:29 PM
Worst post of the year nominee!!!

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
09-18-2021, 04:35 PM
Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
And you can ignore how Cohen threw Leach under the bus for tweeting a meme that no one in their right mind thought was racist.

Nobody even remembers that happening (thanks to Cohen smoothing it over), so why are you even reminding anyone?

Cause it happened and it shouldn't have happened. Nelle stickin her nose in where it don't belong.

BeardoMSU
09-18-2021, 04:36 PM
https://www.golfdigest.com/content/dam/images/golfdigest/fullset/2018/03/16/5aabf15392b37c41db5b62cd_297.png

chef dixon
09-18-2021, 04:36 PM
Lmao delete your account

BeardoMSU
09-18-2021, 04:37 PM

Exactly, but WMD is still upset about it, so it must be reeeeaaaaaaaly important stuff.

War Machine Dawg
09-18-2021, 04:38 PM
Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post

Cause it happened and it shouldn't have happened. Nelle stickin her nose in where it don't belong.

Yep. Lots of people still remember.

Quaoarsking
09-18-2021, 04:41 PM
Yep. Lots of people still remember.

People were afraid that it would get mentioned every game in the 2020 season and beyond, but actually it never got mentioned basically anyone after Cohen's statement, and the only consequence was one locker room cancer who was leaving anyway used it as an excuse (addition by subtraction).

Everyone has moved on.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-18-2021, 04:46 PM
People were afraid that it would get mentioned every game in the 2020 season and beyond, but actually it never got mentioned basically anyone after Cohen's statement, and the only consequence was one locker room cancer who was leaving anyway used it as an excuse (addition by subtraction).

Everyone has moved on.

I doubt Nelle has moved on,. Ask Vic.

Coach34
09-18-2021, 05:05 PM
We're lucky to have Leach. Coaching football at State is a tough job that a lot of people don't want. Leach will give us a solid team with some stability at the head coach position.

Before Leach our last 2 coaching hires were people considered to be the top OC’s in the country. To say people don’t want our job is stupid

BeardoMSU
09-18-2021, 05:09 PM
Before Leach our last 2 coaching hires were people considered to be the top OC’s in the country. To say people don’t want our job is stupid

Yep.

Rahdawg
09-18-2021, 05:31 PM
You must hate everyone at MsState. Maybe you need to find a school you can support.

War Machine Dawg
09-18-2021, 06:12 PM
Before Leach our last 2 coaching hires were people considered to be the top OC?s in the country. To say people don?t want our job is stupid

Bingo. We're a very attractive job if it's sold properly. Unfortunately, we have an AD who's incompetent in every area of his job unrelated to baseball. And it was so predictable he would be. The days of coaches becoming AD have long since passed. You need an AD with sports and business experience. Running an SEC athletic department is like running a Fortune 500 corporation. No coach is adequately equipped for that level of responsibility.

IMissJack
09-18-2021, 07:17 PM
Bingo. We're a very attractive job if it's sold properly. Unfortunately, we have an AD who's incompetent in every area of his job unrelated to baseball. And it was so predictable he would be. The days of coaches becoming AD have long since passed. You need an AD with sports and business experience. Running an SEC athletic department is like running a Fortune 500 corporation. No coach is adequately equipped for that level of responsibility.

Like many jobs at MSU, we need to hire outside of the alumni base for AD. Hell, even Bama took Byrne because he was the best out there, not some player from the 80’s.

BeardoMSU
09-18-2021, 07:28 PM
Like many jobs at MSU, we need to hire outside of the alumni base for AD. Hell, even Bama took Byrne because he was the best out there, not some player from the 80’s.

I agree with this, and have said as much. It goes even beyond AD, though; Keenum wouldn't be in the running at any other SEC school for President. Guess who does hire him though? The school he has 3 degrees from, despite having zero experience in such a position.

I didn't like the Cohen hire then, either, btw. I always want to go out and hire the best, regardless of school affiliation. Byrne is a great example of this. But any deficiencies Cohen may have, aren't because some guy who blogs on a message board says he's too "woke". That shit is stupid, and obviously comes via some agenda.

He gets a lot of ire because he followed Mullen up with Joe, yet literally everyone in college football praised the hire and considered him a splash, and someone that would be successful. Obviously, coaching hires don't always work out, regardless of prior track-record (see Florida State right now....0-3, with a coach who was also a hot commodity).

R2Dawg
09-18-2021, 07:33 PM

There are a whole host of good coaches that could improve where we are now.

BayouDawg
09-18-2021, 07:36 PM
I have been supporting leach but I am now trending in the other direction. In other news I will now have more free time on Saturdays. Oh who am I kidding? I cant stop torturing myself.

R2Dawg
09-18-2021, 07:40 PM
Counting down the days till basketball. Excited for this year's team.

BayouDawg
09-18-2021, 07:45 PM
Counting down the days till basketball. Excited for this year's team.

I hate everything at the moment