PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Bowl parking

Vandownbytheriver
09-15-2021, 11:27 AM
Any of you Memphis folks, what?s the parking situation like up there now? Ended up getting tickets from a friend for my birthday and we plan on getting there an hour or two before kickoff.

msstate7
09-15-2021, 11:31 AM
And how's the Uber situation there? I'd prefer to Uber from Beale st area

OLJWales
09-15-2021, 11:51 AM
Bring yo Glock Bro

Extendedcab
09-15-2021, 11:54 AM
That bad? Oh my!! I have not been there in 30 years!

OLJWales
09-15-2021, 11:57 AM
That bad? Oh my!! I have not been there in 30 years!

I miss the Rendezvous, Beale and Peabody Ducks. Other than that watch out.

Maroonthirteen
09-15-2021, 12:29 PM
An hour before kick.... your best bet will be Toby Park.

Uber, you'll easily find an Uber from downtown to the Lb before game. Your problem will be after the game if everyone has the same idea. But if you're patient, you'll get one.

No need for a glock. Unless you plan to buy drugs or hang out with gangs.

msstate7
09-15-2021, 12:41 PM

Uber, you'll easily find an Uber from downtown to the Lb before game. Your problem will be after the game if everyone has the same idea. But if you're patient, you'll get one.

Where's best place to buy some drugs?

BulldogBear
09-15-2021, 12:49 PM
Neighborhoods to west will have yard parking for sale. Parking garage at midtown. It's a bit of a walk but not out of question. Plus a bunch of restaurants at midtown.

MrCoachKlein
09-15-2021, 01:35 PM
I miss the Rendezvous, Beale and Peabody Ducks. Other than that watch out.

Rendezvous is awful now. Started going down after the old owner died. Anyone know if they are doing COVID nonsense at the Liberty bowl (masks/vax discrimination/etc.)?

OLJWales
09-15-2021, 01:36 PM
Rendezvous is awful now. Started going down after the old owner died. Anyone know if they are doing COVID nonsense at the Liberty bowl (masks/vax discrimination/etc.)?

What happened to the Vous?

MrCoachKlein
09-15-2021, 01:59 PM
Not sure, every time I've been since Vergos died in 2010 the ribs have been tough, dry and still expensive.

Vandownbytheriver
09-15-2021, 02:06 PM

Thanks man. Last time I went there was the Croom Bowl. We parked in someones yard that day and the guy charged us $20 to park and an extra $10 to make sure sh** didn?t happen.

Ranchdawg
09-15-2021, 02:07 PM
What about tailgating? My stepson lives in Collierville, Tn. He has a parking pass for the game in the blue lot. Can we set up a tent in the grassy areas around the parking lot? Or in the parking lot? Stepdaughter(former cheerleader at MSU), her husband their two kids, stepson and his wife(both MSU alums) their two kids, granddaughter(freshman at MSU), wife and I (both MSU alums) and friends of stepson (Memphis people). We are going to have a crowd!

Vandownbytheriver
09-15-2021, 02:09 PM
What about tailgating? My stepson lives in Collierville, Tn. He has a parking pass for the game in the blue lot. Can we set up a tent in the grassy areas around the parking lot? Or in the parking lot? Stepdaughter(former cheerleader at MSU), her husband their two kids, stepson and his wife(both MSU alums) their two kids, granddaughter(freshman at MSU), wife and I (both MSU alums) and friends of stepson (Memphis people). We are going to have a crowd!

My buddy who got me the tickets played baseball at Memphis and he said the tailgate scene is pretty good. I?m not braving it without a parking pass though. He told me Tiger Lane was the spot.

Maroonthirteen
09-15-2021, 04:55 PM
Yes I've seen most fans tailgate at their parking spot. Or on a few of the grass islands around the parking grounds.

I have no idea if anyone can throw down a tent on the grassy area inside of tiger lane. Those folks pay for those parking spots but... you may can.

Tripp McNeely
09-15-2021, 05:00 PM
You can?t throw a tent down on tiger lane. Those spots are bought and paid for but it will be rocking on Saturday!

MrCoachKlein
09-15-2021, 05:22 PM
There's also a giant disc golf course next to the stadium, but I'm not sure if you can tailgate there.

vv83
09-15-2021, 05:25 PM

Careful with the Ubers. Ever since the second stimulus hit there?s been a massive shortage of workforce here. I?ve on multiple occasions been hit with ?no cars available? in the middle of the day.

Jacksondevildog
09-15-2021, 05:38 PM
Most of the paid parking lots have tire rotation services. Once you get back to your vehicle, your car is on cinderblocks.

Dawg_Lover
09-15-2021, 07:36 PM
These links may provide some helpful info. The last link is about a couple in the Cooper-Young district (close by) providing golf cart shuttle service to their neighbors & neighboring air bnb customers. Was thinking you might text the number they?ve provided to inquire about area parking possibilities mostly known only by locals.

https://gotigersgo.com/news/2021/8/19/football-city-of-memphis-finalizes-parking-at-liberty-bowl-memorial-stadium.aspx

https://www.libertybowl.org/index.php/azlb-game/the-game/stadium-parking

https://patch.com/tennessee/memphis/city-memphis-park-ride-shuttle-service-all-2021-liberty-bowl-memorial-stadium

https://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/news/2018/07/17/cooper-young-residents-launch-new-rideshare.html

BulldogBear
09-15-2021, 07:40 PM
IIRC you can park on campus for free and shuttle over to stadium as another option

CaptainObvious
09-16-2021, 12:13 PM
Most of the paid parking lots have tire rotation services. Once you get back to your vehicle, your car is on cinderblocks.

Well then. Just leave the car there and when the team goes back to play in the Liberty Bowl in December, maybe someone will have put brand new tires on your car for you!😂

msstatelp1
09-16-2021, 01:07 PM
Shuttle service info for those interested:

https://www.memphistn.gov/news/park-and-ride-shuttle-service-for-all-2021-liberty-bowl-memorial-stadium-football-games/