Prepare with alcohol, the mute button, & ear plugs

https://twitter.com/FakeRudyMartzke/status/1437162692477964291?s=20

msstate7
09-13-2021, 09:52 PM
All the crews suck now

Cowbell
09-13-2021, 10:06 PM
All the crews suck now

Yes. Unless you have Troy and Joe, just mute it. I'm enjoying the Payton and Eli show tonight talking through the MNF game

Commercecomet24
09-13-2021, 10:14 PM
She's the worst and that's saying something.

Hambone
09-13-2021, 10:36 PM
She’s better than Eduardo Perez. Just my two cents

msstate7
09-13-2021, 10:50 PM
Need to bring back Ron Franklin, sexist comments and all

Coach34
09-13-2021, 11:08 PM
Need to bring back Ron Franklin sexist comments and all

There hasn’t been a decent called game on ESPN since Franklin and Gottfried

MrCoachKlein
09-13-2021, 11:16 PM
Yes. Unless you have Troy and Joe, just mute it. I'm enjoying the Payton and Eli show tonight talking through the MNF game

Joe and Buck are the worst. I'd rather listen to Booger eat mayonnaise.

Commercecomet24
09-13-2021, 11:39 PM
There hasn’t been a decent called game on ESPN since Franklin and Gottfried

They were great for sure! I enjoyed Keith Jackson too, he always called the game of the week every Saturday when I was growing up.

parabrave
09-14-2021, 12:37 AM
Well I guess I will try to Sync WFCA and the TV.

VandelayIndustries
09-14-2021, 04:50 AM
All the crews suck now

Only one I enjoy listening to is Brock Huard and I believe hes on Fox so we will never see him for a State game

OLJWales
09-14-2021, 05:59 AM
Even if Beth was good i still can't stomach Herr voice. And I'm a Mississippi boy who loves talking to folk from Cajun country, NYC, Aussies , British Isles..etc. Love those different accents but hers? NO.

confucius say
09-14-2021, 07:03 AM
Watching the replay, golic jr. didn't bother me. The play by play guy was meh. Plus he said Mississippi instead of Mississippi state on tulu's return. And the sideline lady rambled on and on so the play by play guy didn't even get to call the return until Tulu was at midfield. Have some self awareness lady, nobody is watching to hear you ramble for 60 seconds while the game is being played.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2021, 07:09 AM
Watching the replay, golic jr. didn't bother me. The play by play guy was meh. Plus he said Mississippi instead of Mississippi state on tulu's return. And the sideline lady rambled on and on so the play by play guy didn't even get to call the return until Tulu was at midfield. Have some self awareness lady, nobody is watching to hear you ramble for 60 seconds while the game is being played.

I thought Golic Jr was good as well. His interview with Hadad on OL play on T&L was really really good.

PMDawg
09-14-2021, 08:35 AM
Beth Mowins. Even her name is horrible. At least it fits her.

TrapGame
09-14-2021, 08:37 AM
What's our record vs Beth Mowins?

shoeless joe
09-14-2021, 12:16 PM
All the crews suck now

This is accurate.

If your not one of the 2-3 premiere games for the week then the commentators are just awful. I long for the days of the two Dave’s. Or I’d even take a Dave Neal and Andre ware booth.

Commercecomet24
09-14-2021, 12:19 PM
This is accurate.

If your not one of the 2-3 premiere games for the week then the commentators are just awful. I long for the days of the two Dave’s. Or I’d even take a Dave Neal and Andre ware booth.

I'd take the 2 Dave's or Neal and Ware in heartbeat over what we been getting.

RiverCityDawg
09-14-2021, 12:23 PM
Well I guess I will try to Sync WFCA and the TV.

Bingo

schddog72
09-14-2021, 06:31 PM
She's the worst and that's saying something.

THIS!! Think: Quint's nails on the chalkboard at the town hall meeting in "Jaws." Honestly, although she IS without doubt the absolute WORST, I find myself hitting the mute button whenever any of our games start. I guess listening to the Sky Sports guys on F1 racing on Sunday mornings has driven me to that. But, with knowing in advance that BM will be doing the game, I'll just hit the mute key from the get-go.

Leroy Jenkins
09-14-2021, 07:15 PM
Someone described it perfectly. Beth Mowins' voice sounds like she is trying to make fun of someone else's voice while they are in another room.

R2Dawg
09-14-2021, 07:40 PM
Give me some Mike Tirico (sp) on a Thursday night game, he was one of the best. His call on Deceinzo Miller against BYU was classic.

RocketDawg
09-15-2021, 04:56 PM
They were great for sure! I enjoyed Keith Jackson too, he always called the game of the week every Saturday when I was growing up.

Al Michaels is good. Maybe ESPN could hire him away from NBC.

RocketDawg
09-15-2021, 04:57 PM
Give me some Mike Tirico (sp) on a Thursday night game, he was one of the best. His call on Deceinzo Miller against BYU was classic.

Yes, he's excellent as well.

Gypsy_RoadDawg
09-16-2021, 07:33 AM

The 1999 Egg Bowl was another classic he called.

GoDawgz
09-16-2021, 08:45 AM
I saw on the Twitters that someone had suggested the Varsity App. Anyone else tried this app?
I will try it this weekend as I cannot stomach mooooowins.... if i cant sync it or the tune-in app with the tv, i will watch the game in silence!

Commercecomet24
09-16-2021, 09:11 AM
Al Michaels is good. Maybe ESPN could hire him away from NBC.

Yeah I've always enjoyed listening to Al, going way back to when he used to do baseball. Al was a great baseball guy.

BorneDawg
09-16-2021, 09:14 AM
Bingo

but how do you do that ? The radio is always ahead of the tv...............

Captain Falcon
09-16-2021, 10:29 AM
ESPN has lost many of their best guys in the last decade or so. Specifically Franklin, Tirico, and Nessler. I also liked Adam Amin (called the 2019 Egg Bowl) and he is gone too.

Used to like Joe Tess but he jumped the shark several years ago and is now over the top obnoxious. He has become a parody now thanks to his failed MNF stint and the whole TEXAS IS BACK thing. Not crazy about Tom Hart either. I like Dave Neal mostly because he?s called a ton of our games over the years and a lot of big wins for us in multiple sports. Dave Pasch is occasionally fine, I would expect either he or Tess to call the LSU game.

OLJWales
09-16-2021, 10:47 AM
Yeah I've always enjoyed listening to Al, going way back to when he used to do baseball. Al was a great baseball guy.

Al Michaels showed even More talent when the earthquake struck the World Serious.

Maverick91
09-16-2021, 11:21 AM
ESPN has lost many of their best guys in the last decade or so. Specifically Franklin, Tirico, and Nessler. I also liked Adam Amin (called the 2019 Egg Bowl) and he is gone too.

Used to like Joe Tess but he jumped the shark several years ago and is now over the top obnoxious. He has become a parody now thanks to his failed MNF stint and the whole TEXAS IS BACK thing. Not crazy about Tom Hart either. I like Dave Neal mostly because he?s called a ton of our games over the years and a lot of big wins for us in multiple sports. Dave Pasch is occasionally fine, I would expect either he or Tess to call the LSU game.

I forgot about half those dudes. Where did they all go? Thin air?

Captain Falcon
09-16-2021, 11:28 AM
I forgot about half those dudes. Where did they all go? Thin air?

Nessler is with CBS calling the 2:30 games, has been for 4-5 years now. Tirico does a lot for NBC, and they?re almost certainly grooming him to be Al Michael?s? replacement when he fully retires in the next few years. Amin calls NFL games for FOX now. I don?t think Ron Franklin has called games in a decade but he is almost 80 now anyway.