PDA

View Full Version : 11:00 AM Game Time For LSU

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2021, 10:34 AM
Biggest recruiting weekend in 2 years & we get absolutely shafted. Terrible. This really ticks me off

We were done wrong here.

https://twitter.com/SEC/status/1437438518591213578?s=20

TrapGame
09-13-2021, 10:36 AM
Bama vs USM at 6:30 on SECN is a joke. That doesn't need to be a prime time night game for Bama. Good grief.

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2021, 10:37 AM
Bama vs USM at 6:30 on SECN is a joke. That doesn't need to be a prime time night game for Bama. Good grief.

The system is broke & unfair

Maverick91
09-13-2021, 10:39 AM
Yeah, the fact that Bama is not in our slot is inexcusable.

Edit: Bama or Auburn. I can argue the other time slots are appropriate.

William Tecumsah Sherman
09-13-2021, 10:40 AM
Will our fans show up?

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2021, 10:41 AM
Will our fans show up?

Not at that time

OLJWales
09-13-2021, 10:42 AM
After tiger high and LSU, PETA gonna file suit on our ass for feline abuse.

PMDawg
09-13-2021, 10:43 AM
Yeah, people are really going to tune in to see Bama up 63-0 going to half time.

And another Auburn joke of a game? Who did their scheduling this year? That will be 3 ultra cream puffs out of 4 games played. What the heck are they doing?

OLJWales
09-13-2021, 10:45 AM
Yeah, people are really going to tune in to see Bama up 63-0 going to half time.

And another Auburn joke of a game? Who did their scheduling this year? That will be 3 ultra cream puffs out of 4 games played. What the heck are they doing?

Winning.

Jack Lambert
09-13-2021, 10:45 AM
If you are playing a none P5 out of conference game you should never be prime time.

Commercecomet24
09-13-2021, 10:47 AM

Only people watching bama/usm will be bama fans and they'll be doing something else by halftime. Talk about a clunker if your're looking for tv ratings.

PMDawg
09-13-2021, 10:48 AM
Winning.

woopty doo. There are over 100 FBS schools and probably around 50 FCS schools that would be 2-0 with their schedule. There's only 1 game out of their first 4 that matter. Those 3 hold no weight whatsoever.

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2021, 10:48 AM
you gotta look at the TV station. ESPN puts their best games on ESPN. Thus we were the 3rd pick & that's why we're at 11:00.

The only game you can complain about is Tennessee/Florida being ahead of us

It sucks & is a bad break

Our last two home games vs LSU we'll have been at 11:00 AM. Sucks

OLJWales
09-13-2021, 10:50 AM
Only people watching bama/usm will be bama fans and they'll be doing something else by halftime. Talk about a clunker if your're looking for tv ratings.

No doubt. USM may be the shittiest team in the country which makes it even more retarded.

William Tecumsah Sherman
09-13-2021, 10:59 AM
Yep. ESPN assumes more people will watch us at 11 than any other game. Most will watch UF/UT at night. So we got punked.

Todd4State
09-13-2021, 11:13 AM
Part of the problem is the people at ESPN think 11:00 is a good slot. And they're wrong.

chef dixon
09-13-2021, 11:32 AM
7:30 SEC network is not "prime time." That's a scrub game slot overall. We are the 3rd most attractive SEC game that day and that's where you end up, noon on national ESPN.

TrapGame
09-13-2021, 11:36 AM
7:30 SEC network is not "prime time." That's a scrub game slot overall. We are the 3rd most attractive SEC game that day and that's where you end up, noon on national ESPN.

Then that 6pm slot on the Deuce should be ours. We are a more attractive match up since last years game. UK/SCar should be the 11am slot.

confucius say
09-13-2021, 11:41 AM
Then that 6pm slot on the Deuce should be ours. We are a more attractive match up since last years game. UK/SCar should be the 11am slot.
We are the more attractive match up. That's why we are at 11.

The order goes:

2:30
Night ESPN
11 ESPN
Night ESPN 2
Night sec network

The problem here is 3 and 4 in the pecking order should be switched.

TrapGame
09-13-2021, 11:48 AM

The order goes:

Night ESPN
11 ESPN
Night ESPN 2
Night sec network

I don't care. 11am ain't attractive.

Jack Lambert
09-13-2021, 11:56 AM
Part of the problem is the people at ESPN think 11:00 is a good slot. And they're wrong.

Big 10 loves day games. I guess they assume every one else does too.

Jack Lambert
09-13-2021, 11:57 AM

I don't really care about TV. I go to games. I would take no TV to have a night game.

IMissJack
09-13-2021, 12:21 PM
The system is broke & unfair

It?s bullshit is what it is. It will get worse when TX and OU get in.

confucius say
09-13-2021, 02:24 PM
I don't care. 11am ain't attractive.

Not to you nor me. But ESPN thought our matchup was more attractive than Ky-usce and bama-usm.

maroonmania
09-13-2021, 02:43 PM
you gotta look at the TV station. ESPN puts their best games on ESPN. Thus we were the 3rd pick & that's why we're at 11:00.

The only game you can complain about is Tennessee/Florida being ahead of us

It sucks & is a bad break

Our last two home games vs LSU we'll have been at 11:00 AM. Sucks

And you wonder why we have problems getting fans to games? Look no further. 11 am is just fine if I wasn't planning to go to the game and was just going to watch on the tube. One of the issues people don't take into consideration is that MSU fans have to travel further on average to get to Starkville for live games than any other fanbase in the SEC. And that is because there is no population center nearby to Starkville. So due to that, having every game on TV impacts us the most in the SEC with getting fans to come and then when you add in shitty kickoff times like this it just makes the problem that much worse.

TheLostDawg
09-13-2021, 03:05 PM

The order goes:

Night ESPN
11 ESPN
Night ESPN 2
Night sec network

Yeah but then you'd have two big games at the same time versus one at 11. The way it's spread out maximizes their viewers

IMissJack
09-13-2021, 03:17 PM
And you wonder why we have problems getting fans to games? Look no further. 11 am is just fine if I wasn't planning to go to the game and was just going to watch on the tube. One of the issues people don't take into consideration is that MSU fans have to travel further on average to get to Starkville for live games than any other fanbase in the SEC. And that is because there is no population center nearby to Starkville. So due to that, having every game on TV impacts us the most in the SEC with getting fans to come and then when you add in shitty kickoff times like this it just makes the problem that much worse.

Exactly! I have four season tickets and get to come to about two games a year. I live 650 miles from Starkville. It kills me that this game is not at night or at least in the afternoon.

LC Dawg
09-13-2021, 04:57 PM
The kickoff time does suck for fans but I think it works to our advantage on the field if our coaches do a good job of keeping our players focused and ready to play. LSU is in turmoil and having to play an away game at 11:00 is definitely not at the top of the list of things they want to do. O's roid rage probably doesn't kick in until later in the day so he may not have them as fired up as normal.

OLJWales
09-13-2021, 05:38 PM
I don't have a clue as to how an 11 draws more to the TV vs night.

It's like spinal tap dude tryin to splain his amp-speaker.

R2Dawg
09-13-2021, 05:46 PM
Typical NE mindset when viewing the South, they know what is better for us ignorant southerners.

TX & OU get in we may never get another night game.

Just wrong not to have 2-4 night games at DWS.

PGHBulldogBG
09-13-2021, 06:26 PM
LSU losing to UCLA hurt the appeal for this game. Had we both been going 3-0 into it and if Texas had beat Arky we might?ve got the 230. Those 2 upsets definitely hurt this time slot

CaptainObvious
09-13-2021, 07:48 PM
Well if State can?t beat a shitty LSU team at 11 AM, we sure don?t deserve a prime time game!

Earn it over the next 2 weeks! A 4-0 State team will be an attractive matchup. A 5-0 State team will be even more attractive! We have to ?earn? our spot!

TigerMomofaDawg
09-14-2021, 06:31 AM
QUOTING LCDAWG
?The kickoff time does suck for fans but I think it works to our advantage on the field if our coaches do a good job of keeping our players focused and ready to play. LSU is in turmoil and having to play an away game at 11:00 is definitely not at the top of the list of things they want to do. O's roid rage probably doesn't kick in until later in the day so he may not have them as fired up as normal.?

Agree with this. I am an LSU alumna, and this time slot sucks for fans but does give State a slight advantage. The LSU Tigers live for those night games. It is hard to explain, but if you have ever been to watch LSU at night, there is this palpable shift that happens once the sun goes down. That is when the Tigers wake up. Given their rather underwhelming performance thus far this year coupled with it being a super early game, they may be more like house cats than Tigers when they play State. Of course, this may just be superstitious bull poop on my part. Being a from Louisiana, we believe in that sort of thing. We tend to be a bit more superstitious than most.

Still, it really does suck for tailgating. My State group is trying to decide whether to pregame with mimosas and Bloody Marys and brunch food or to just party afterward with more traditional tailgate fare.

Oh, and though I would normally pull for LSU in this game, I had to switch allegiances at least temporarily. My daughter is now a trainer for the State football team, hence the switch. I may as well root for the team that gets our money. Plus, State has been good to her. We are happy she chose State over LSU.

dawgoneyall
09-14-2021, 06:42 AM

Mullet trim....

OLJWales
09-14-2021, 07:08 AM
QUOTING LCDAWG
?The kickoff time does suck for fans but I think it works to our advantage on the field if our coaches do a good job of keeping our players focused and ready to play. LSU is in turmoil and having to play an away game at 11:00 is definitely not at the top of the list of things they want to do. O's roid rage probably doesn't kick in until later in the day so he may not have them as fired up as normal.?

Agree with this. I am an LSU alumna, and this time slot sucks for fans but does give State a slight advantage. The LSU Tigers live for those night games. It is hard to explain, but if you have ever been to watch LSU at night, there is this palpable shift that happens once the sun goes down. That is when the Tigers wake up. Given their rather underwhelming performance thus far this year coupled with it being a super early game, they may be more like house cats than Tigers when they play State. Of course, this may just be superstitious bull poop on my part. Being a from Louisiana, we believe in that sort of thing. We tend to be a bit more superstitious than most.

Still, it really does suck for tailgating. My State group is trying to decide whether to pregame with mimosas and Bloody Marys and brunch food or to just party afterward with more traditional tailgate fare.

Oh, and though I would normally pull for LSU in this game, I had to switch allegiances at least temporarily. My daughter is now a trainer for the State football team, hence the switch. I may as well root for the team that gets our money. Plus, State has been good to her. We are happy she chose State over LSU.

Good read sir. I was thinking it would be worse for the visiting team for those 11am games.

Jacknut
09-14-2021, 07:38 AM
11:00am is the best time to play them! They're powers are at their lowest because they gain strength through the day drinking and eating gumbo.

chef dixon
09-14-2021, 07:48 AM
I don't mind it as a fan watching at home. Get our game out of the way early and can get into other things later on or casually watch some other games stress free. If you're attending a game and tailgating its the worst.

Maverick91
09-14-2021, 10:10 AM
Mullet trim....

LOL... It's hard for us to make that joke after our last game. They kept showing this poor state student with a albeit beautiful mullet and a cut of t-shirt like the whole game.

I mean do we really not have attractive people to show in our stands?

OLJWales
09-14-2021, 10:37 AM
LOL... It's hard for us to make that joke after our last game. They kept showing this poor state student with a albeit beautiful mullet and a cut of t-shirt like the whole game.

I mean do we really not have attractive people to show in our stands?

No shit. The vast majority don't look like that but they give us a red hot poker in the butt. Oh, is there such thing as a beautiful mullet?

schddog72
09-14-2021, 06:35 PM

People at ESPN are really not thinking about 11:00 AM; they're thinking 12 PM Noon because that's where the powers that be live and work.