PDA

View Full Version : Leach is weird, but, he is what we need.

Maverick91
09-13-2021, 09:52 AM
I have two points:

I have said a few times on here and a lot in my head that Leach has a different mindset than any coach that I can remember (I wasn't old enough to now CJS mindset). One thing that ground my gears the most about Mullen is every-time you heard that yank talk it always came across as apologetic. Like I don't need you apologizing for State being State and for wanting us to be better. How many times did we hear "we are a developmental program." I get that sounds good, but, at the root of it, it means that you have already given up the idea that we could potentially recruit with the big dogs one day, and compete on any given Saturday. It felt like Mullen always gave himself an out if State did poorly. that crap never sits well with me, I don't care if you are coaching the "Little Giants" you better believe your team can and will go out there and win.

That is the opposite of what Leach believes, and that is something that football has been missing for as long as I can remember and probably plays into the mindset a lot of State fans have of just being happy that we get to play in the conference and pull Vandy most every year. See, that is bull crap and Leach thinks its bull crap. I remember it had to be Leaches first or second year at Wazzu, they were playing Orogen and they were down by 20 or 30ish points. Usually by that time, both teams have pretty much conceded that the other team has won, especially if you are Mullen. Not Leach he kept pushing the ball down the field, I think they ended up making it some what of a game. Look at LA Tech, I would bet money if Mullen was coaching that game we would have lost.

I was reminded of this Saturday, State was up 24-3. We had just gotten the ball back, they were showing the team talking in the huddle on the sidelines. The female field reporter was talking about how Leach preaches that these are the times that you have to really be sharp and step on the opponents throat and not only take the wind out of them, but, sink their ship. That is a mindset we have been missing at State, its a killer mindset, its a mindset that I don't care who you are I will beat you, if I don't I will die trying. Leach is instilling that mindset into our program, if he can fully implement that, I cannot imagine the ripple down effect that will have for our football team.

The youth of our team came out because I think we went a 3 and out that drive which sucks. But, that is not what Leach preaches or expects.

You can see all the above in every single one of his coaches, not a single one of them speak in a defeated way. It is awesome, talk about a culture turn around.

Not a single one of us have seen enough proof to say that this offense will not work, the camp of "this offense sucks" has seen enough to assume some things and the camp "this offense will work" which is where I sit have seen enough to assume some things as well. The truth is neither camp have enough rock hard proof to say either way.
- oline made really good strides in pass pro from wk 1 to 2.
- we pushed the ball down the field much better in wk 2.
- we caught the ball well in wk 2.

See where I am going with this? Just imagine if Rogers connects of the few throws that he just over through, we would have what another 2 touchdowns on the board, everything that we are mad at are things that can be and should be blamed on youth and inexperience, but, for some reason I feel like a good portion of this board will throw the fact that we are playing a lot youth and inexperience out the door to blame Leach and that his offense will not work. If this was Dan Mullen's offense every single one of us would be bringing up, "well we have a true sophomore QB, both running backs true sophomores, top receiver true sophomore, we didn't have a spring last year, we are still learning the routes... Why would we accept these excuses for any other coach, but, not Leach? We gave Mullen all of those excuses every year he sucked. Can we at least give Leach the same excuses and see if it works?

You remove the mental/youth errors in that game Saturday and that game would have looked like a blowout.

HAILSTATE

Edit: It kept bleeping out Dan's name. Kinda funny

Hot Rock
09-13-2021, 10:07 AM
This is spot on.

I don't have definitive proof this offense will work, in the meantime, I see a well coached team out there giving it's all every down and even winning some games out there.

Lord McBuckethead
09-13-2021, 10:12 AM
I have two points:

I have said a few times on here and a lot in my head that Leach has a different mindset than any coach that I can remember (I wasn't old enough to now CJS mindset). One thing that ground my gears the most about Mullen is every-time you heard that yank talk it always came across as apologetic. Like I don't need you apologizing for State being State and for wanting us to be better. How many times did we hear "we are a developmental program." I get that sounds good, but, at the root of it, it means that you have already given up the idea that we could potentially recruit with the big dogs one day, and compete on any given Saturday. It felt like Mullen always gave himself an out if State did poorly. that crap never sits well with me, I don't care if you are coaching the "Little Giants" you better believe your team can and will go out there and win.

That is the opposite of what Leach believes, and that is something that football has been missing for as long as I can remember and probably plays into the mindset a lot of State fans have of just being happy that we get to play in the conference and pull Vandy most every year. See, that is bull crap and Leach thinks its bull crap. I remember it had to be Leaches first or second year at Wazzu, they were playing Orogen and they were down by 20 or 30ish points. Usually by that time, both teams have pretty much conceded that the other team has won, especially if you are Mullen. Not Leach he kept pushing the ball down the field, I think they ended up making it some what of a game. Look at LA Tech, I would bet money if Mullen was coaching that game we would have lost.

I was reminded of this Saturday, State was up 24-3. We had just gotten the ball back, they were showing the team talking in the huddle on the sidelines. The female field reporter was talking about how Leach preaches that these are the times that you have to really be sharp and step on the opponents throat and not only take the wind out of them, but, sink their ship. That is a mindset we have been missing at State, its a killer mindset, its a mindset that I don't care who you are I will beat you, if I don't I will die trying. Leach is instilling that mindset into our program, if he can fully implement that, I cannot imagine the ripple down effect that will have for our football team.

The youth of our team came out because I think we went a 3 and out that drive which sucks. But, that is not what Leach preaches or expects.

You can see all the above in every single one of his coaches, not a single one of them speak in a defeated way. It is awesome, talk about a culture turn around.

Not a single one of us have seen enough proof to say that this offense will not work, the camp of "this offense sucks" has seen enough to assume some things and the camp "this offense will work" which is where I sit have seen enough to assume some things as well. The truth is neither camp have enough rock hard proof to say either way.

See where I am going with this? Just imagine if Rogers connects of the few throws that he just over through, we would have what another 2 touchdowns on the board, everything that we are mad at are things that can be and should be blamed on youth and inexperience, but, for some reason I feel like a good portion of this board will throw the fact that we are playing a lot youth and inexperience out the door to blame Leach and that his offense will not work. If this was Dan Mullen's offense every single one of us would be bringing up, "well we have a true sophomore QB, both running backs true sophomores, top receiver true sophomore, we didn't have a spring last year, we are still learning the routes... Why would we accept these excuses for any other coach, but, not Leach? We gave Mullen all of those excuses every year he sucked. Can we at least give Leach the same excuses and see if it works?

You remove the mental/youth errors in that game Saturday and that game would have looked like a blowout.

HAILSTATE

Yeah, they said all of that and then the team went three and out with 2 plays terribly executed.
Kind of the Joe Moorhead mentality of saying stuff but not backing it up.
Just a bad time to mention the step on their throat mentality with those three plays.

Catfish
09-13-2021, 01:44 PM
I have two points:

HAILSTATE

Great post !!

Dolphus Raymond
09-13-2021, 01:54 PM
I concur.