PDA

View Full Version : Could Tyler benefit from Dak being hurt?

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2013, 11:50 AM
It's obviously horrible that Dak could be out for tonight's game, and you never wish injury on anyone. But to optimist nature of me wonders if Tyler may actually play better tonight with Dak not being available.

It seems to me that Tyler has been lacking confidence and unable to get in any sort rhythm this season with Dak bearing down on him and Tyler always having to look over his shoulder.

My hope for tonight is that Tyler just realizes that he is a senior and has nothing to lose, and can just play the game and get in a rhythm without the fear of being pulled out of the game.

Not sure it will help, but IMO, it can't hurt.

slickdawg
11-16-2013, 11:53 AM
I hope he takes it on like he did South Panola in the state title game, seize the moment, go be a boss.

hells bells
11-16-2013, 11:58 AM
I hope he takes it on like he did South Panola in the state title game, seize the moment, go be a boss.

Agreed. We have a fifth year QB as a back up. I hope Mullen makes the adjustment needed and turn Tyler loose. We gonna be there raising hell. More cowbell.

ckDOG
11-16-2013, 12:34 PM
If Mullen tries to establish run game with Perkins and doesn't call some deep shots down the field, no. It's tough for anyone to be successful in the passing game if there's no respect of your running game or the secondary doesn't have to think about a deep route. That said, Tyler can be successful if the coaches help him out a little.

CadaverDawg
11-16-2013, 01:21 PM
I just hope we got Damien some reps in practice this week, because we will need him unless Mullen changes his play calling. With Dak out, we CANNOT run Tyler. Of course, there is really no situation on Earth where we SHOULD run Tyler, but we always do.

Todd4State
11-16-2013, 01:53 PM
If Mullen tries to establish run game with Perkins and doesn't call some deep shots down the field, no. It's tough for anyone to be successful in the passing game if there's no respect of your running game or the secondary doesn't have to think about a deep route. That said, Tyler can be successful if the coaches help him out a little.

This. The best thing we can do for Tyler would be to start Robinson and give him most of the carries. And along with that- start Bear Wilson.

justwin
11-16-2013, 06:25 PM
This. The best thing we can do for Tyler would be to start Robinson and give him most of the carries. And along with that- start Bear Wilson.

This & fred brown!