PDA

View Full Version : Former player Tyler Threadgill

captaindog
09-12-2021, 09:29 AM
Passed from COVID this morning. Absolutely devastating news. Last report he was doing better. Tragic and swift turn downward. Praying for the family.

confucius say
09-12-2021, 09:30 AM
I had heard he was getting better but saw that he passed yesterday. Life's short. Hug your loved ones. Love all you guys and God bless.

Westdawg
09-12-2021, 09:45 AM
He passed early this morning. I have been hesitant to post it out of respect for his family, but his church just officially posted it about two hours ago. Please pray for his wife and his young son.

BulldogBear
09-12-2021, 10:11 AM
I see his mom and dad all the time, until lately. Praying for them. There aren't any words.

Commercecomet24
09-12-2021, 11:37 AM
Praying for his family! So sad! My dad was friends with Bruce. Feel so bad for all of them. Life is fragile.

OLJWales
09-12-2021, 12:50 PM
No bigger gut punch for moms and dads. I honestly don't know I would handle it.

Catfish
09-12-2021, 01:05 PM
Praying!

gtowndawg
09-12-2021, 01:23 PM
Hoping I can ask this without it getting off the rails but does anyone have specifics? I assume Tyler was a fit guy (former SEC athlete) and he was young. Statistically speaking it doesn't add up. It's a travesty no matter what of course, but I've honestly been trying to take in as much info as I can about COVID and this one isn't like most that I know about.

Again, this is not a political question one way or the other, I'm genuinely curious and want to learn more.

Praying for his family.

msstate7
09-12-2021, 01:29 PM
Hoping I can ask this without it getting off the rails but does anyone have specifics? I assume Tyler was a fit guy (former SEC athlete) and he was young. Statistically speaking it doesn't add up. It's a travesty no matter what of course, but I've honestly been trying to take in as much info as I can about COVID and this one isn't like most that I know about.

Again, this is not a political question one way or the other, I'm genuinely curious and want to learn more.

Praying for his family.

I would guess that when you see there's a 99.8% chance of survival if you aren't old or have preexisting conditions, it sucks really bad when you fall in that 0.2%.

Prayers for the family. Awful

Dawgface
09-12-2021, 01:48 PM
I really hate to hear this. How old was he?

TigerMomofaDawg
09-12-2021, 02:15 PM
This Delta variant does not always affect people the way one might think. I know a young guy (former cheerleader) who died this week from it. It is just so sad.

Catfish
09-12-2021, 02:21 PM
Yeah especially when it gets in your lungs.

RocketDawg
09-12-2021, 02:21 PM
I really hate to hear this. How old was he?

Born December 1985, so he was 36. Played for us, I believe the last year was 2007. Didn't know him but remember his name well.

R2Dawg
09-12-2021, 02:27 PM
This Delta variant does not always affect people the way one might think. I know a young guy (former cheerleader) who died this week from it. It is just so sad.

Prayers to the family.

It ain't just the Delta variant, just Covid in general. They don't even test for which variant. Covid has shown results are varied and we all are vulnerable to something.

Life is short and a gamble.

I'll add one more - get the Jesus vaccine now if you don't have it for the killer sin virus. Only way to live eternally. Born twice - die once, born once - die twice.

gtowndawg
09-12-2021, 02:31 PM
I would guess that when you see there's a 99.8% chance of survival if you aren't old or have preexisting conditions, it sucks really bad when you fall in that 0.2%.

Prayers for the family. Awful

Yeah, it could be one of the outlier cases. I know someone that passed away last week and he was only 27. However, he was very heavy (340lbs+) and had some other issues. Sad either way though.