PDA

View Full Version : Will not running

Cowbell
09-11-2021, 11:05 PM
If Will runs when he sees green tonight (except that td and the first down toss to DJ), we score 40 because we open up space with him being a run threat. Leach says you are either coaching it or allowing it, and it's pretty obvious that Will is being coached not to run. Is leach scared of him getting hurt since we really don't have a backup? Here's to hoping Leach reads this like he did our play action suggestions last week***

Catfish
09-11-2021, 11:07 PM
If Will runs when he sees green tonight (except that td and the first down toss to DJ), we score 40 because we open up space with him being a run threat. Leach says you are either coaching it or allowing it, and it's pretty obvious that Will is being coached not to run. Is leach scared of him getting hurt since we really don't have a backup? Here's to hoping Leach reads this like he did our play action suggestions last week***

I don't think Leach is going to let Will run.

OLJWales
09-11-2021, 11:19 PM
Damn that sucks cuz y'all may be right proving we are in deep shit if Will goes down. I think Will deserves credit completing 67 percent, 294, 2 TD and NO int while getting ZERO help from a running game.

CadaverDawg
09-11-2021, 11:21 PM

Great post. I agree

TNDawg35
09-11-2021, 11:30 PM
I honestly dont think Wills body can take it yet. He isnt a very big guy. Remember, he is only a sophmore. He doesnt have a very big frame looking at him on tv.

Cowbell
09-11-2021, 11:40 PM
I honestly dont think Wills body can take it yet. He isnt a very big guy. Remember, he is only a sophmore. He doesnt have a very big frame looking at him on tv.

I agree with this but he had opportunities to run and slide. Maybe the head shots are a concern. He missed one in the 4th quarter too on 2nd and nine he could have gotten 6-8 yards and stepped out of bounds.

CadaverDawg
09-11-2021, 11:42 PM

Sometimes not running is more dangerous than running. He can slide if he runs. Not asking for Mike Vick, but picking up 4 yards and a 1st down when they give you 20 yards of green grass shouldn't be too much to ask of him. Plus, it will only open up the pass that much more if they feel he's at least a threat to tuck and run

Cowbell
09-11-2021, 11:44 PM
Sometimes not running is more dangerous than running. He can slide if he runs. Not asking for Mike Vick, but picking up 4 yards and a 1st down when they give you 20 yards of green grass shouldn't be too much to ask of him. Plus, it will only open up the pass that much more if they feel he's at least a threat to tuck and run
Agreed - READ THIS LEACH - you owe us nothing for the consult***

OLJWales
09-11-2021, 11:48 PM

Yep. Gonna have to take some safe risks occasionally but the return could be HUGE. Gotta give Will more than 2 yds a carry too from RB's.

BeardoMSU
09-11-2021, 11:52 PM
Not running Will to keep him safe is especially stupid considering how inconsistent our OL has been. Moving him around WILL ONLY HELP the offense; whether its a bootleg, draw, RPO, etc.

I just don't think Mike has it in him; he refuses to incorporate this into his offense.

FISHDAWG
09-12-2021, 07:26 AM
Not running Will to keep him safe is especially stupid considering how inconsistent our OL has been. Moving him around WILL ONLY HELP the offense; whether its a bootleg, draw, RPO, etc.

I just don't think Mike has it in him; he refuses to incorporate this into his offense.

I get your point Beardo and would like to see it as well but if the best that we have goes down then a lot of folks here would be saying it was stupid to let our only QB run . That option left when Scrader transferred. For the last many years we have been conditioned to expect the QB to take off and run ... we just don't have the player or the coach to expect this anymore... I'm in Leaches corner on this one ... as painful as that might be