PDA

View Full Version : Stadium getting bare with 9 mins left!

William Tecumsah Sherman
09-11-2021, 09:11 PM
Why wouldn?t you stay until the end with a lead? Our fans suck sometimes

Apoplectic
09-11-2021, 09:13 PM
Trying to get ahead of that shitty
Traffic control plan

William Tecumsah Sherman
09-11-2021, 09:13 PM
And not a full crowd to begin with. I don?t get it. I?ve seen full stadiums on other games.

Patrick Tibbons
09-11-2021, 09:42 PM
And not a full crowd to begin with. I don?t get it. I?ve seen full stadiums on other games.

I?m sure since you are bitching, you are posting this from your seats in the stadium and not from your couch at home.

William Tecumsah Sherman
09-11-2021, 10:31 PM
Yes Patrick. I was there. Had a great time

Bothrops
09-11-2021, 10:32 PM
I was at the game. Should have had a bigger crowd. Weather was perfect.

OLJWales
09-11-2021, 10:35 PM
I wish I had been there. Im gonna try to make that road trip this year. Go see mama too. Sad so many there not realizing how significant this win was and how we lined up and popped them in the mouth. Shoulda been a big assed party to the end letting them know we preshate.

Liverpooldawg
09-11-2021, 10:58 PM
I wish I had been there. Im gonna try to make that road trip this year. Go see mama too. Sad so many there not realizing how significant this win was and how we lined up and popped them in the mouth. Shoulda been a big assed party to the end letting them know we preshate.

Hey Clint Eastwood, how are you doing? Serious question. Are you over it yet?

OLJWales
09-12-2021, 12:16 AM
Hey Clint Eastwood, how are you doing? Serious question. Are you over it yet?

Yes sir Liver. I took antibiotics for the first time in about 15-16 years. Can't think of the name but it was a 5 day supply and i was up and about day 4. I prolly had the shit 3-4 weeks and didn't know. No fever, no breathing problems, oxygen level and blood pressure solid along with pulse. I don't like to go to drs... I just couldn't do anything hardly. Fainting and zero energy and suppressed appetite and some nausea occasionally. Inbeteeen jobs right now so you get the picture. I'm blessed though being 58. Lots of folk my age fared much worse. Thank you for asking.

sleepy dawg
09-12-2021, 01:15 AM
It's better than last week when they all missed the comeback.

Liverpooldawg
09-12-2021, 03:03 AM
Yes sir Liver. I took antibiotics for the first time in about 15-16 years. Can't think of the name but it was a 5 day supply and i was up and about day 4. I prolly had the shit 3-4 weeks and didn't know. No fever, no breathing problems, oxygen level and blood pressure solid along with pulse. I don't like to go to drs... I just couldn't do anything hardly. Fainting and zero energy and suppressed appetite and some nausea occasionally. Inbeteeen jobs right now so you get the picture. I'm blessed though being 58. Lots of folk my age fared much worse. Thank you for asking.

You got lucky, and I'm glad you did well given you are my age, almost exactly, depending on your actual birthday. You probably took a zpack, as that seems to be standard for some reason. Your handle is one of my four or five favorite movies of all time.

Maroonthirteen
09-12-2021, 06:44 AM
I thought it was a really good crowd considering we are still pounded with covid everyday. Also, I'm sure last weeks meh performance didn't inspire fair weather types. Also, while I give much respect to the NCSt fans for making the trip... there was not more than 1-2k of them. It usually takes LsU/Bama/OM bringing 10k to help us sell out. Win at Memphis, and we will have a big time game crowd and atmosphere for the LSU game.

A big salute to the students! They packed the north endzone. They were loud and brought a lot of energy. The majority stayed to the very end. Good job by the students!

Maroonthirteen
09-12-2021, 07:12 AM
Also..... I stayed to the 0:00. However I'll be honest. I felt the game was in hand at the 9 minute mark when we stopped them on downs. I was ready to go at that point as well. The game was 3 hours long at that point. Damn commercials.

ShotgunDawg
09-12-2021, 07:15 AM
Lots of sell outs around the country this week. MSU has a football fan problem right now and it's not COVID

Maroonthirteen
09-12-2021, 07:32 AM
Lots of sell outs around the country this week. MSU has a football fan problem right now and it's not COVID

Spell it out then.

William Tecumsah Sherman
09-12-2021, 07:40 AM
Yea. It would only be our fans not coming due to Covid because there were packed houses around the country. How did the sharks attendance look?

R2Dawg
09-12-2021, 08:03 AM

Well I left before 00 too with good reason so get off your high horse. We have a fan problem but it ain't what you think.

A better question is why were so many still at tailgates during game?

Our students turned out and stayed, be proud of that.

ShotgunDawg
09-12-2021, 08:13 AM
Spell it out then.

I'm not sure I have the answer.

My only guess is that it's COVID + our fan base is in a weird spot where we've been good for over a decade & have no interest in 7 win seasons.

See... Arkansas is excited about the prospect of a 7 win season, thus their fans are pumped. Our fans couldn't care less about 7 wins & thus aren't excited about what is clearly a 7 win team on the field

William Tecumsah Sherman
09-12-2021, 08:20 AM
I guess I could understand that. But I try to just enjoy every game without projecting final records. I had a great time. We physically whipped an ACC team that is supposed to be good and experienced.

R2Dawg
09-12-2021, 08:23 AM
I'm not sure I have the answer.

My only guess is that it's COVID + our fan base is in a weird spot where we've been good for over a decade & have no interest in 7 win seasons.

See... Arkansas is excited about the prospect of a 7 win season, thus their fans are pumped. Our fans couldn't care less about 7 wins & thus aren't excited about what is clearly a 7 win team on the field

Yeah perspective on where teams are coming from. Our fans after the Joe hangover and Leach not giving a lot of hope for anything better, it is understandable.

We still have some great fans and a great fanbase. See Omaha if you think not. The rest of the nation would agree.

confucius say
09-12-2021, 09:17 AM

Ark was the only sellout I saw. TN was not. Oh State wasn't even close with Oregon in town. Mich did not. I can't think of any other sellouts

Maroonthirteen
09-12-2021, 09:41 AM
It is disappointing we lost the momentum Mullen and Bryne had going regarding sell-outs. However, I believe the way all 4 years from 14-18 ended....let a little air out of the balloon, each year.

With that said, as similar as Arkansas and Mississippi are......the environment is totally different regarding college athletics. Arkansas is all Razorback. Mississippi is split about 5-6 ways. The GTR in particular is as much Bama fans as MSU fans...unfortunately. NWA is more populated and wealth than the GTR. Could State do better marketing? Probably so. But State has base line obstacles that Arkansas doesn't.

confucius say
09-12-2021, 10:26 AM
True.
Plus ark hasn't had a winning season half a in half a decade or more. They are starved. Like we were when mullen got here.

Attendance is down nationally. Even in the sec.

Jarius
09-12-2021, 10:36 AM
Our fanbase is fair weather to the core. The same ones not showing up last night will be bitching about how expensive tickets are when LSU comes to town though.

OLJWales
09-12-2021, 10:55 AM
You got lucky, and I'm glad you did well given you are my age, almost exactly, depending on your actual birthday. You probably took a zpack, as that seems to be standard for some reason. Your handle is one of my four or five favorite movies of all time.

OLJW. is my favorite movie. Love westerns. Seen almost every gunsmoke episode. Watch the reruns just about daily. WW II Documentaries , godfather 1-2 , star trek

Jack Lambert
09-12-2021, 12:12 PM
I was in the stadium 1 hour before kickoff and did not leave until I chanted "We just beat the hell out of you".

OLJWales
09-12-2021, 12:28 PM
I was in the stadium 1 hour before kickoff and did not leave until I chanted "We just beat the hell out of you".

Glad to hear that went down. My ass woulda been glad fiving my boys. Can't believe that childhood nerve is still just as strong decades later. Love my playas.

Bdawg
09-12-2021, 02:58 PM

Had a great time. Left with 6:00 mins. Game was in hand. Had 2 twelve year olds, 2 seven year olds, and 1 three year old. Over 2.5 hours to get home and didn't get to the house till 12:45 with this troop. Everyone's circumstances are not the same. So don't tell us we suck when I brought my wife and kids and 2 of their buddies.

Offshore Dawg
09-12-2021, 03:20 PM
Our fanbase is fair weather to the core. The same ones not showing up last night will be bitching about how expensive tickets are when LSU comes to town though.

This is why the stadium is hard to fill, then add in poor, cheap, and hunting season.

Offshore Dawg
09-12-2021, 03:22 PM
Had a great time. Left with 6:00 mins. Game was in hand. Had 2 twelve year olds, 2 seven year olds, and 1 three year old. Over 2.5 hours to get home and didn't get to the house till 12:45 with this troop. Everyone's circumstances are not the same. So don't tell us we suck when I brought my wife and kids and 2 of their buddies.

You did well sir, don't take any shit off any poster about leaving a little early with that many varmints.

Offshore Dawg
09-12-2021, 03:23 PM
OLJW. is my favorite movie. Love westerns. Seen almost every gunsmoke episode. Watch the reruns just about daily. WW II Documentaries , godfather 1-2 , star trek

Same here

Bdawg
09-12-2021, 03:44 PM
You did well sir, don't take any shit off any poster about leaving a little early with that many varmints.

Would have stayed to the end but we were kicking their arse!

MagicDawg
09-12-2021, 04:12 PM
NFM.

terradawg
09-12-2021, 05:40 PM
We have touched some of on the issues for last night's less than full attendance. The unvaxed are staying away (and should If they understand the science of the virus). Last week was a very frustrating and unsettling game to attend, even though we pulled out a win. It was a night game and some fans have to travel back to their home. Let's face it. Starkville is a smaller city which doesn't have the resources to support a large fan base. The hotels and other accommodations can be scarce and expensive, so some fans choose to drive back home. I live 3 hours away so I bought a house in the Starkville area so I am guaranteed a place to stay and hang out. I love spending the weekend in Starkville, but that's a different thread.

A more complex answer is maybe our fan base is still holding our breath on will the Air Raid be successful. Last year we gave all teams a pass because of the craziness surrounding dealing with Covid and attending a football game. Last year, my Covid-spacing season tickets issued to me was in the corner of the westside upper deck. which absolutely sucked. Some fans haven't recovered from that. Maybe the concession lines and security lines are long and slow. Maybe the TV coverage of SEC teams and on-demand viewing has changed the viewing culture; why come to a game when we can watch it on my 80" TV?

By the way, there was a decent crowd left at the game when the Alma Mater song was played...just saying

IMissJack
09-12-2021, 08:35 PM
Ark was the only sellout I saw. TN was not. Oh State wasn't even close with Oregon in town. Mich did not. I can't think of any other sellouts

Ark had that TX game circled for 5 years. Of course a night game with your former biggest rival that just joined the SEC is a sellout.

Bothrops
09-12-2021, 09:09 PM
Our fans offer a bottomless list of excuses not to go these days....and they will give you the full list too. I remember the days when people just went when they could go, and didn't when they couldn't go, but nobody talked about any inconveniences or 1st world problems. Today it's like an antifa fanbase.