PDA

View Full Version : You have to play someone else

vv83
09-11-2021, 06:41 PM
He is scared out there. Terrified to run for 7+ and takes a sack instead

Coach34
09-11-2021, 06:46 PM
He is not scared. He tries to wait as long possible to make a throw. He has got to go ahead and take off instead of hoping a last second window opens

vv83
09-11-2021, 06:47 PM
I truly believe he?s scared to take off, but if that?s your take then whatever same issue. He?s gotta figure this out. It isn?t working with him

Commercecomet24
09-11-2021, 06:51 PM
He is not scared. He tries to wait as long possible to make a throw. He has got to go ahead and take off instead of hoping a last second window opens

This.

Apoplectic
09-11-2021, 06:55 PM
Yea I?m there too - give another brother a try

Hambone
09-11-2021, 07:44 PM
Do you guys not think Mike Leach knows who can and can’t run his program?

Cowbell
09-11-2021, 07:49 PM

This. You guys need to give him some time. You should have watched the aggies today

Lord McBuckethead
09-11-2021, 07:54 PM
Do you guys not think Mike Leach knows who can and can’t run his program?

Well he hasn?t figured out how to beat the drop eight which we will have to do to beat any of the better defenses in our conference. And he hasn?t figured out how to block 3 with 5 consistently. And he refuses to stretch the field with throws down the field. Hell we don?t even run routes to stretch the field. We let the entire defense play within 8 yards of the line of scrimmage.

You have to throw down field, if anything to keep the safeties from crashing on every single tunnel screen.

Homedawg
09-11-2021, 07:58 PM
Yea I?m there too - give another brother a try

When the next guy isn't nearly as good, playing the next guy would be stupid. It's not close. Not even close.

BayouDawg
09-11-2021, 07:59 PM
I thought offense was starting to find a rythm towards the end of the half. Will made a great throw to Heath. Some of you guys act like hes mike henig. Hes not the most talented but he aint that bad guys.

Apoplectic
09-11-2021, 08:05 PM
When the next guy isn't nearly as good, playing the next guy would be stupid. It's not close. Not even close.

Nothing wrong with competition

Lord McBuckethead
09-11-2021, 08:10 PM
Nice drive. Way to use the pump fake.

Lord McBuckethead
09-11-2021, 08:11 PM
I thought offense was starting to find a rythm towards the end of the half. Will made a great throw to Heath. Some of you guys act like hes mike henig. Hes not the most talented but he aint that bad guys.
Will is alright. We need to find a way to get him ready to fire the ball.

MetEdDawg
09-11-2021, 09:51 PM
Will isn't afraid to run. Leach doesn't want his QB running. You can tell it's coached by how Will operates in those situations.

The Walley TD was a prime example. That's a QB rushing TD. But he didn't take the opportunity. It's coached and there are times it will hurt us.

confucius say
09-12-2021, 08:43 AM

Ding

BayouDawg
09-12-2021, 10:56 AM
Will is alright. We need to find a way to get him ready to fire the ball.

Agree with this. Hopefully he gets more and more decisive with more reps.

Todd4State
09-12-2021, 11:40 AM

I was about to say- do people really want Lovertich? Sawyer can't even hit guys in stride in warm ups. He's not ready. And then you have Greek who is a freshman. And some walk on from directional Texas.

Todd4State
09-12-2021, 11:42 AM
Will isn't afraid to run. Leach doesn't want his QB running. You can tell it's coached by how Will operates in those situations.

The Walley TD was a prime example. That's a QB rushing TD. But he didn't take the opportunity. It's coached and there are times it will hurt us.

He needs to learn how to scramble. Get out of bounds or slide. QB's are almost totally off limits as long as he doesn't run around like Steve Young 2.0.

QuadrupleOption
09-12-2021, 12:14 PM

Are you for real complaining about a TD because it wasn't scored the way you thought it should be?

MetEdDawg
09-12-2021, 01:14 PM
Are you for real complaining about a TD because it wasn't scored the way you thought it should be?

No. Where did I complain? All I did was point out that the specific play to Walley is for a lot of programs a QB rushing TD. Now it's not and that it has everything to do with coaching that.

Didn't complain. Just provided an example as to why I believe it's not about Will being afraid but more Leach's coaching and QB philosophy. There's plenty of other examples that are non TD related that I could provide.

msstate7
09-12-2021, 01:19 PM
Is abraham done? I think he's basically an older will, so I'd probably stick with will even if jack becomes available. I want more arm and athleticism

Hot Rock
09-12-2021, 02:09 PM
I really don't understand this part of Leach's offense. If the space is there for the QB, take it and slide, get out of bounds etc..

I don't have a problem at all of him not wanting him to run a lot. Running QB's sometimes get hit a lot but you can take what is there without getting hit too.

R2Dawg
09-12-2021, 02:48 PM

If you don't like Will then you don't like Leach. He is doing what he has been coached to do. If not Leach would bring someone who would.

ScooterDog
09-12-2021, 07:45 PM
I like Leach, the offense, Will, the defense, and every thing else. My main concern is that we only scored two offensive touchdowns, only two. I've heard it said that we only have a small number of offensive plays and apposing defenses have learned that. I think if we had more offensive running plays, misdirection plays, etc. that we could do a lot better. Any body see this like I do? Or am I wrong?

Catfish
09-12-2021, 08:01 PM
I like Leach, the offense, Will, the defense, and every thing else. My main concern is that we only scored two offensive touchdowns, only two. I've heard it said that we only have a small number of offensive plays and apposing defenses have learned that. I think if we had more offensive running plays, misdirection plays, etc. that we could do a lot better. Any body see this like I do? Or am I wrong?

I think you are 100% correct. And for the first time in Leach's coaching career I see him making gradual changes. Play action and I think we'll see more running plays. I believe this job and challenge is very important to him and he wants to win here.

Cowbell
09-12-2021, 08:14 PM

We only scored 2 TDS because had drive stalking penalties and will missed seeing some open guys.

coachnorm
09-12-2021, 09:04 PM

The QB is trying to be scheme compliant. There are many variables involved to be scheme compliant in "Air Raid". If the "Air Raid" is bastardized and the QB is going to launch as soon as he sees his receiver get positioned and ready to win the ball, there will be less variables and mental pressure on the QB. This is known as match-up. In match-up, some pressure is transferred from quarterback to receiver. The receiver has to deal with the variables and make sure that he wins his spot at all costs. When we have an offense with receivers coached that can spot windows in coverage, to be scheme compliant, and also get positioned or run over a defender to get to the ball in match-up, you will have a quarterback that is not so stressed that he appears scared.

FYI, in the NFL, you will see almost exclusive match-up passing if the O Line is getting beat to death. Sometimes it is hopeless to try to find windows while under excessive duress being rained on all eleven offensive players.
I have spent many Sundays in post-game evaluations from Saturday's game. Sometimes we ran 80 plays and other time we ran 105. If we were 50-50 run pass in a 100 play break down, our pass evaluations are cut to 50 from 100 plays called because of running plays. If 25 of the remaining 50 pass plays are match-up isolation, the quarterback has scheme compliant stress for 25 of 100 offensive plays called because of 25 match-up pass plays called. Very few quarterbacks have scheme compliant obligations for 70 plus plays a game. This includes NFL quarterbacks.

R2Dawg
09-12-2021, 09:13 PM

Scoring 2 TDs is still concerning. We'll see more D better than them in SEC. End of 2nd and first part of 3rd was really about the only offensive consistency we had the whole game. Similar to LT so while improved, we still got a ways to go. Leach if he is changing needs to adapt a little faster. SEC Ds are licking there chops for more of the same again this year. Really curious to see how SEC season plays out but we will compete, I feel good about that after Sat.

Dawgtini
09-12-2021, 10:47 PM
He is scared out there. Terrified to run for 7+ and takes a sack instead

Ding and maybe. Will has run when he had no option but Leach prefers he find the open man.

chef dixon
09-13-2021, 07:07 AM
Maybe its been covered here but there was a play late in the 4th with about 5 minutes left where Will absolutely needed to take 3 yards and slide. He literally stood by the sideline and waited as long as he could to just make a throw. You need to have situational awareness there. That play was kind of alarming to me. We already struggle to milk a clock.

Dawgfan77
09-13-2021, 07:18 AM
Is abraham done? I think he's basically an older will, so I'd probably stick with will even if jack becomes available. I want more arm and athleticism

Yes he is done here. To many concussions he is done with football