PDA

View Full Version : Black bear softball

Cowbell
09-10-2021, 09:19 AM
They retained both coaches. I sure hope those allegations were completely untrue but that is hard to believe.

Tbonewannabe
09-10-2021, 11:01 AM
That is a whole lot of IDGAF from the Ole Miss Administration.

OLJWales
09-10-2021, 11:02 AM
Still no pics of some hot girl-girl action?

RocketDawg
09-10-2021, 07:30 PM
They retained both coaches. I sure hope those allegations were completely untrue but that is hard to believe.

Maybe I'm in left field, but it seems like players (only a few, for sure but a bad apple spoil the whole bunch) from sports in general have degenerated from 30 or so years ago. I suppose it's possible their conduct is just more reported on these days. In this case, the school would have been widely criticized as being anti-gay had they been fired, as they should have been if all that was reported is true.

BeardoMSU
09-10-2021, 07:33 PM
the school would have been widely criticized as being anti-gay had they been fired, as they should have been if all that was reported is true.

No they wouldn't have; coaches having romantic relationships with students/players is a no-no regardless of sexual orientation.

Todd4State
09-10-2021, 08:14 PM
I don't understand this move from Ole Miss. You know this is going to be pretty damaging long term for recruiting for softball. Go ahead and cut bait. Really bad look for them.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-10-2021, 09:00 PM
I know the parents of an Ole Miss Player?. Evidently one of the helicopter dads who got previous coach fired is the one stirring up trouble this time. However, the Head Coach(Trachsel) is married to one of the female volunteer assistant coaches. Not that anything is wrong with that.

Cowbell
09-10-2021, 10:36 PM
I don't understand this move from Ole Miss. You know this is going to be pretty damaging long term for recruiting for softball. Go ahead and cut bait. Really bad look for them.

If you think a little same sex sexual misconduct will hurt softball recruiting, you evidently haven't been around many softball teams...

OLJWales
09-10-2021, 11:00 PM
If you thing a little same sec sexual misconduct will hurt softball recruiting, you evidently haven't been around many softball teams...

LMAO

RocketDawg
09-11-2021, 02:54 PM
No they wouldn't have; coaches having romantic relationships with students/players is a no-no regardless of sexual orientation.

I wasn't clear. I meant they should have been fired, not the school being criticized as being anti-gay.

BeardoMSU
09-11-2021, 03:40 PM
I wasn't clear. I meant they should have been fired, not the school being criticized as being anti-gay.

Ah, I see. Np. Agreed, should've been fired.