PDA

View Full Version : Attendance for NC State

confucius say
09-09-2021, 09:44 AM
Would be really helpful if we could have 55k there. Didn't even have 45k for La Tech. Announced 44k but I'm not sure that was accurate. Prob close though.

Think we get at least 50k?

Cowbell
09-09-2021, 11:13 AM
Would be really helpful if we could have 55k there. Didn't even have 45k for La Tech. Announced 44k but I'm not sure that was accurate. Prob close though.

I hope fans realize how much this game matters I will assume many skipped last week aiming to be there Saturday.

PGHBulldogBG
09-09-2021, 11:21 AM
I know people on here hate when others complain about attendance, but our attendance is just not good overall compared to other big time programs. This is one of the reason we fall short because we don?t have the fam support of most other SEC teams. Arkansas, South Carolina, Missouri, Ole Miss and Kentucky all beat us in this category and it worries me when the teams we are most competitive with have better attendance it will I start to significantly impact us

MedDawg
09-09-2021, 11:26 AM

I can see 52-55k. There are likely many who skipped LaTech while planning to go to NC State. State having 3 September games at home and another in Memphis, and 2 of the 3 home games being P5 teams, LaTech in the afternoon looked like a good candidate to skip.

Jack Lambert
09-09-2021, 11:29 AM
I hope fans realize how much this game matters I will assume many skipped last week aiming to be there Saturday.

I did not go last week but will be there this week.

Jarius
09-09-2021, 11:46 AM

Yes. Our players need a home field advantage. This is a huge game and if we can pull it out it could really kick start the season and get us some confidence. If we suck Saturday then fine don't come any more but they deserve a chance at a good crowd while we are undefeated before everyone jumps ship. Tickets aren't expensive.

Rick Danko
09-09-2021, 11:47 AM
We got 7 coming in hot

R2Dawg
09-09-2021, 11:48 AM
I did not go last week but will be there this week.

I'll be there as well. Three Sept games with opening on hot day against LT put attendance down. TV looked like about 35K actual in seats. 4th quarter may have been 15K.

Davis Wade at night will be rockin - 55K I'm guessing.

Homedawg
09-09-2021, 11:49 AM

Didn't look close to 45 last week to me. East side was naked.

StarkVegasSteve
09-09-2021, 11:51 AM
Announced- 58K
Actual- 53K

Cowbell
09-09-2021, 12:15 PM
I can see 52-55k. There are likely many who skipped LaTech while planning to go to NC State. State having 3 September games at home and another in Memphis, and 2 of the 3 home games being P5 teams, LaTech in the afternoon looked like a good candidate to skip.
Along with it being Labor Day weekend and dove season many families made other plans.

confucius say
09-09-2021, 12:24 PM
Hope y'all are right. I was one of few to stay the whole game Saturday. The environment sucked and the energy level was about a 2 on a 1-10 scale. That has to change.

Jack Lambert
09-09-2021, 12:58 PM
Hope y'all are right. I was one of few to stay the whole game Saturday. The environment sucked and the energy level was about a 2 on a 1-10 scale. That has to change.

It's hard to get fired up during 2 quarters of shit show.

Maroonthirteen
09-09-2021, 12:59 PM
3 of us will be there, that wasn't last weekend.

However, I see a lot of tickets for sale, cheap. That's not a good sign.

I think we wiil be lucky to get 50K.

Todd4State
09-09-2021, 02:26 PM

Then get fired up for the 2 quarters that aren't.

confucius say
09-09-2021, 02:37 PM

It sucked the other two quarters too

Apoplectic
09-09-2021, 03:07 PM
I was only there for the 1st and 4th qrtrs

confucius say
09-09-2021, 03:15 PM
I was only there for the 1st and 4th qrtrs

Well you better be there all 4 henceforth

ShotgunDawg
09-09-2021, 03:33 PM
I know people on here hate when others complain about attendance, but our attendance is just not good overall compared to other big time programs. This is one of the reason we fall short because we don?t have the fam support of most other SEC teams. Arkansas, South Carolina, Missouri, Ole Miss and Kentucky all beat us in this category and it worries me when the teams we are most competitive with have better attendance it will I start to significantly impact us

We?ve sold more season tickets than Ole Miss. Why did you include them? KY is usually half empty. Same with Mizzou

Arkansas and SC are located in metro areas with over 1 mil people and Ark is usually half empty. Your facts here are way off

OLJWales
09-09-2021, 06:08 PM

There was a good reason for it Qtr 2-3

OLJWales
09-09-2021, 06:09 PM
We?ve sold more season tickets than Ole Miss. Why did you include them? KY is usually half empty. Same with Mizzou

Arkansas and SC are located in metro areas with over 1 mil people and Ark is usually half empty. Your facts here are way off

I was thinking the same thing

OLJWales
09-09-2021, 06:14 PM
Idling at Walmart parking lot with "Mr. Crowley'.... Ozzy touring. Dudes a MF.

Rawdawg
09-09-2021, 06:50 PM
Scanned tickets were 30k

BulldogBear
09-09-2021, 07:46 PM
Two less than we were going to have. As of today I'm quarantined.

RocketDawg
09-09-2021, 08:02 PM
Along with it being Labor Day weekend and dove season many families made other plans.

How many of the fan base are dove hunters?

RiverCityDawg
09-09-2021, 08:16 PM
How many of the fan base are dove hunters?

The dove hunting excuse gets me every time. I love a good dove hunt like anyone else, but if that causes a notable dip in our attendance no one should ever wonder again why we can't compete in our league.

It_Could_Happen
09-09-2021, 08:29 PM
Will be there +1. Wasn?t able to go last week due to quarantine, but was able to sell my tickets to some fellow Bulldogs.

Jack Lambert
09-09-2021, 08:33 PM

Yep even with the low attendance there were more people in the stadium than the population of Starkville. When those schools put more people in their stadiums than population in the city the stadium is located then they are doing better than us. Until then they can suck my sausage.

Bothrops
09-09-2021, 08:37 PM
I say 58k. A lot of people were at the beach last weekend.

CaptainObvious
09-09-2021, 08:44 PM
The reason our attendance is low is the same reason our US News report is low. Average Income of our graduates makes people choose their extra-curricular activities wisely and frugally.

ShotgunDawg
09-09-2021, 09:07 PM
The reason our attendance is low is the same reason our US News report is low. Average Income of our graduates makes people choose their extra-curricular activities wisely and frugally.

No

Cowbell
09-09-2021, 09:09 PM
The dove hunting excuse gets me every time. I love a good dove hunt like anyone else, but if that causes a notable dip in our attendance no one should ever wonder again why we can't compete in our league.

It's a big family tradition for many and with it bring Labor Day it's a 3 day event with cookouts, etc. it's the one weekend a year that most everyone in the family can hunt together (it's not about the birds). It's worth foregoing if we are hosting a big matchup but not Latech. And this that didn't go, chose wisely.

Bothrops
09-09-2021, 09:09 PM

Lol

Jarius
09-09-2021, 09:18 PM

We had 25 thousand fans make a thousand mile trip to omaha a few months ago. Our fans will show up if our team is worth watching.

Catfish
09-09-2021, 10:01 PM
We had 25 thousand fans make a thousand mile trip to omaha a few months ago. Our fans will show up if our team is worth watcing.

True!

Bdawg
09-09-2021, 11:28 PM
Bringing 7 that wasn't there last weekend. Y'all don't forget we are in the middle of harvesting right now too. Tough on some farmers to get to some early season games. Why I don't have season tickets. I'm getting lucky this weekend but I invited more to come with me but they are going to be sitting on a combine or tending to business on the farm.

BulldogBear
09-10-2021, 12:56 AM
It's a big family tradition for many and with it bring Labor Day it's a 3 day event with cookouts, etc. it's the one weekend a year that most everyone in the family can hunt together (it's not about the birds). It's worth foregoing if we are hosting a big matchup but not Latech. And this that didn't go, chose wisely.

Extremely accurate take

William Tecumsah Sherman
09-10-2021, 05:51 AM
Good weather. Good opponent. No other big games. No excuse for our fan base not to show up. If we can?t create a good environment, then we don?t deserve top recruits/team.

Maroonthirteen
09-10-2021, 06:28 AM
We had 25 thousand fans make a thousand mile trip to omaha a few months ago. Our fans will show up if our team is worth watcing.

That is a good point about the crowd that went to Omaha.

There are many reasons State has poor football attendance. However two big ones are winning (lack there of) and Alabama a very short drive from the MS boarder.

OLJWales
09-10-2021, 11:20 AM
We need to bring Tusk on over to the good side. That would get another ass in the stands since he's close enough to Vegas. Since he runs shine, he's prolly got a fast assed vehicle to get there. What say you Tusk? Tired of The Darkside? Revenuers been hasslin' of late?

confucius say
09-10-2021, 12:01 PM

A family of four could have went to the game for 100 bucks. That's 40 on four tickets, 30 on gas, 30 at concession stand. We're not that poor

sleepy dawg
09-10-2021, 01:05 PM

Not only that, I was just trying not to die of a heat stroke. I was fired up pregame and through the start of the game, once they started beating our ass and the sun started beating mine, I just went into survival mode. The sun went was blocked by the west side, I got going again which was about the time we started playing good again.