PDA

View Full Version : The great Bawby Hall loses his mind last night.

Drugdog
11-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Back to back unsportsmanlike penalties for running at least 15 yards ON the field. Then his coaches get an unsportsmanlike penalty. Very Classy. It ended up 4th and 53!!! Nice leadership by our Coaches.

Our Parents, players , band, students, cheerleaders, dancers, and alumni are better than that.

Embarrassing.

BeastMan
11-16-2013, 10:17 AM
He has to be the most penalized coach in MHSAA history. How can he expect his team to be composed when he gets rung up for those? It was a very bad no call on the play he was pissed about. Like really bad.

Drugdog
11-16-2013, 10:37 AM
Regardless if it's a missed call, that is unexceptable behavior from a head coach.

Political Hack
11-16-2013, 10:40 AM
I like it she coaches show a little fire. if they'll let him hide recruitment letters from kids they aren't going to fire him over a 15-yarder.

BeastMan
11-16-2013, 10:40 AM
Regardless if it's a missed call, that is unexceptable behavior from a head coach.

I'm in 100% agreement. He did the same thing vs USP a few years back when he had the better team. After he lost composure, his team did and they blew their best shot at State.

Thick
11-16-2013, 11:19 AM
There were t-shirts made that say "In Bobby We Trust" on the back. I saw 2 girls at their softball field wearing them. What an inflated ego!!!

BeastMan
11-16-2013, 11:32 AM
There were t-shirts made that say "In Bobby We Trust" on the back. I saw 2 girls at their softball field wearing them. What an inflated ego!!!

You have got to be kidding me

Thick
11-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Swear!!

CadaverDawg
11-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Who won?

Todd4State
11-16-2013, 01:30 PM
MC beat DeSoto Central 35-13.

The call was questionable pass interference, but it wasn't worth getting three flags over.

The crowd at the game was pitiful. It seems like they are getting smaller and smaller each year, and I think people are tired of watching the Bobby Hall show and watching him act like a moron and embarassing the community over and over again.

The school really should do something, but apparently they are OK with the football coach acting like a complete douchebag.

I think he's getting paranoid too. A parent told me that Hall closed off all practices because he said that there was a in his words "Judas" in the program who was telling the opponents what MC's game plan was going to be.

M.Fillmore
11-16-2013, 01:35 PM
Back to back unsportsmanlike penalties for running at least 15 yards ON the field.

On those flags Hall never got near the numbers which are 9 yards from the sidelines. The refs also flagged the Desoto Central coach for Unsportsmanlike Conduct. So it is not like the refs were timid with the flags. The chief problem was the refs let the coaching staffs of both teams stay on the field all night. To allow that for three quarters and then expect the coaches to back off the field in the fourth quarter is a bit misguided.

I'm so fan of coaches going crazy but there are a whole lot of coaches whose behavior is far worse than that that of Bobby Hall. I see 20+ high school games a year. I wouldn't even put Hall in the bottom half. I know half this board hates Hall's guts, but I'd bet money they don't see the coaches that I see.

I think the real reason people hate Hall hear has little to do with Hall's coaching or perceived antics and a whole lot to do with Hall's best players heading to Oxford.

Todd4State
11-16-2013, 01:46 PM
On those flags Hall never got near the numbers which are 9 yards from the sidelines. The refs also flagged the Desoto Central coach for Unsportsmanlike Conduct. So it is not like the refs were timid with the flags. The chief problem was the refs let both the coaches staffs stay on the field all night. To allow that for three quarters and then expect the coaches to back off the field in the fourth quarter is a bit misguided.

I'm so fan of coaches going crazy but their are a whole lot of coaches whose behavior far worse than that that of Bobby Hall. I see 20+ high school games a year. I wouldn't even put Hall in the bottom half. I know half this board hates Hall's guts, but I'd bet money they don't see the coaches that I see.

I think the real reason people hate Hall hear has little to do with Hall's coaching or perceived antics and a whole lot to do with Hall's best players heading to Oxford.

I was at the game and Hall was almost standing on the number. He was a good 10 yards away from the sideline when he got flagged. You can't do that. And then he kept arguing and the team almost started to get into with the officials. I watch a good bit of high school football myself and I don't see ANYONE acting like Hall ever.

And Hall has sent more MC players to MSU than Justice- Devon Desper. Plus, the QB for MC might walk-on at MSU next year.

BeastMan
11-16-2013, 02:03 PM
I was at the game and Hall was almost standing on the number. He was a good 10 yards away from the sideline when he got flagged. You can't do that. And then he kept arguing and the team almost started to get into with the officials. I watch a good bit of high school football myself and I don't see ANYONE acting like Hall ever.

And Hall has sent more MC players to MSU than Justice- Devon Desper. Plus, the QB for MC might walk-on at MSU next year.

Bingo. Hall gets shit because his track record. His behavior has been consistently unprofessional for years. I have never heard a high school coach call in a sports talk show to smack talk as he did Bo Bounds show. Not only did he embarrass himself, he took shots at MRA kids that was uncalled for. This wasn't the first time he has been flagged for being a showboat. Bobby has done a great job as an AD at MC. He hasn't been all bad. As far as how he carries himself as a football coach and role model to young men, I'm not a fan.

I could care less about where he "sends kids to" as well. I'm sure he plays up OM but he can't block a kid from going to MSU. My issues with him have zero to do with MSU or OM. It's a matter of personal taste. I'm sure some love Hall, I just don't.

M.Fillmore
11-16-2013, 02:05 PM
For the sake of the argument IF Hall was on number (which I don't think he was) that is not "at least 15 yards" on the field which was my point to Drugdog. The numbers start at 9 yards from the sideline. Yes, Hall has had players go to MSU but his most ballyhooed players went to Oxford.

I stand by my point that many, many coaches are worst than Hall.

Todd4State
11-16-2013, 02:08 PM
For the sake of the argument IF Hall was on number (which I don't think he was) that is not "at least 15 yards" on the field which was my point to Drugdog. The numbers start at 9 yards from the sideline. Yes, Hall has had players go to MSU but his most ballyhooed players went to Oxford.

Like who?

Todd4State
11-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Bingo. Hall gets shit because his track record. His behavior has been consistently unprofessional for years. I have never heard a high school coach call in a sports talk show to smack talk as he did Bo Bounds show. Not only did he embarrass himself, he took shots at MRA kids that was uncalled for. This wasn't the first time he has been flagged for being a showboat. Bobby has done a great job as an AD at MC. He hasn't been all bad. As far as how he carries himself as a football coach and role model to young men, I'm not a fan.

I could care less about where he "sends kids to" as well. I'm sure he plays up OM but he can't block a kid from going to MSU. My issues with him have zero to do with MSU or OM. It's a matter of personal taste. I'm sure some love Hall, I just don't.

And that's only scratching the surface. He threw his freaking hat to the 50 yard line on a live kickoff return against Olive Branch. His antics have cost MC games because he actually creates an atmosphere where the officials start throwing flags to try to keep some sort of control. But hey, in Bobby Hall we trust....right off the ledge and into the abyss. Heck, his team almost got into a fight with Ridgeland HS this year at a JAMBOREE.

This has become a weekly theme at MC.

Drugdog
11-16-2013, 02:21 PM

My bad Fillmore , I missed it 6 yards so everything he did is A OK , RIGHT.

M.Fillmore
11-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Like who?

In my job I am allowed to be on the sidelines. If I start naming coaches, I could lose that privilege. Go talk to refs. Most refs in the Jackson area that I know like Hall. They should know.

Hey Drugdog. So you concede at least six yards? Thanks for making my point.

I'm headed to the deer stand so if you want to continue this argument we will have to do it tonight.

donald igwebuike
11-16-2013, 02:33 PM
Back to back unsportsmanlike penalties for running at least 15 yards ON the field. Then his coaches get an unsportsmanlike penalty. Very Classy. It ended up 4th and 53!!! Nice leadership by our Coaches.

Our Parents, players , band, students, cheerleaders, dancers, and alumni are better than that.

Embarrassing.

had he not slammed a kid up against the wall and hurt the kid's arm.

Thick
11-16-2013, 03:04 PM
He's also the AD too, right?

Todd4State
11-16-2013, 03:24 PM
He's also the AD too, right?

That is correct.

Todd4State
11-16-2013, 03:34 PM
In my job I am allowed to be on the sidelines. If I start naming coaches, I could lose that privilege. Go talk to refs. Most refs in the Jackson area that I know like Hall. They should know.

Hey Drugdog. So you concede at least six yards? Thanks for making my point.

I'm headed to the deer stand so if you want to continue this argument we will have to do it tonight.

I don't know that the refs "don't like" Hall because they are there to call a game, make a few bucks, and do something that they enjoy. I don't think they take things too personally and I don't have anything personal against Hall either. It's football and coaches yelling is part of it. I think most of them get that and when the game is over, it's over and everything is left behind on the field unless someone truly crosses the line- and by crossing the line, I'm talking about following a ref home to kick his ass or something.

But I also guarantee you that if I ask any of them if they have ever thrown three straight personal fouls on a coach we both know what the answer is going to be- and that's "no".

Bo Darville
11-16-2013, 03:43 PM
he took shots at MRA kids that was uncalled for.

Bobby loves to criticize academy players. However, when he needs a difference maker, guess where he gets one from? Hugh Warren from academy ball was their leading rusher and was the Clarion Ledger 2011 All-Metro Player of the Year. Chaz Ramsey came from academy ball and Bobby Hall said he was the best offensive lineman he had ever coached. Ramsey signed with Auburn. Will Martin was from academy ball and plays for Ole Miss. Quarterback Peyton Johnson was from academy ball and Hall said he was their Tim Tebow. They got Jared Foster to start at quarterback from academy ball. That is just to name a few. All were arguably the best player on the team when they played.

Todd4State
11-16-2013, 03:54 PM
Bobby loves to criticize academy players. However, when he needs a difference maker, guess where he gets one from? Hugh Warren from academy ball was their leading rusher and was the Clarion Ledger 2011 All-Metro Player of the Year. Chaz Ramsey came from academy ball and Bobby Hall said he was the best offensive lineman he had ever coached. Ramsey signed with Auburn. Will Martin was from academy ball and plays for Ole Miss. Quarterback Peyton Johnson was from academy ball and Hall said he was their Tim Tebow. They got Jared Foster to start at quarterback from academy ball. That is just to name a few. All were arguably the best player on the team when they played.

He also lost to Jackson Prep in a 7 on 7 competition. That was kind of funny as well.