NC State 34

State 23

preachermatt83
09-08-2021, 01:49 PM
Maroon state - 28
Red state- 24

TrapGame
09-08-2021, 01:54 PM
Better film on NC State than La Tech. They didn't get 19 mercenaries in the off season.

Us 35
Them 24

StarkVegasSteve
09-08-2021, 01:56 PM
NC State 28 State 17

Matt3467
09-08-2021, 01:58 PM
41-28 Bulldogs win

-I have a feeling Will flirts with 500yds passing this game. He tosses 4 tds to 1int

-Marks falls short of 100yds rushing again but as a team we will hit the 100yd rushing mark

*We'll still find a way to complain.

Catfish
09-08-2021, 02:01 PM
State 31-21

FISHDAWG
09-08-2021, 02:09 PM
Hopeful win = us
Probable win = them .... after that the score doesn't matter

Indndawg
09-08-2021, 02:11 PM
41-28 Bulldogs win

-I have a feeling Will flirts with 500yds passing this game. He tosses 4 tds to 1int

-Marks falls short of 100yds rushing again but as a team we will hit the 100yd rushing mark

*We'll still find a way to complain.

If Marks gets around 100 we should win

Dawgology
09-08-2021, 02:44 PM
NC State has a pretty legit defense and we have the propensity to fumble. I think about 14 points off short field position we give them

NC State: 41
MSU: 24

Maverick91
09-08-2021, 02:50 PM
34-17 Bullpups.

I think we build off last week, in all areas of the game. This week will be a well rounded game by all groups.

I do think it will be contested until the 4th, we just slowly inch away.

KOdawg1
09-08-2021, 02:55 PM
28-13 NC State

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2021, 02:59 PM
NC State 34

State 23

Would be embarrassing to give up 34 to NC State run heavy offense

Only way we give up that many points is if they get a few super short fields & a defensive score

NC State was 78th in total offense last year.

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2021, 03:01 PM
I think this could be similar to the Auburn game last year.

- I want to believe we're going to fix our OL in a week, but my mind says no. We're at 10 points deep into the 3rd quarter.

- On the other hand, NC State is a run heavy offense & we've got film. I fully expect Arnett to be ready for this one.

I believe it's a low scoring game 14-10 going into the 4th. No clue who wins

State82
09-08-2021, 03:20 PM
No way we fix that Charlie Foxtrot OL in a week. NC St. 28-20

BrunswickDawg
09-08-2021, 03:25 PM
We clean up the mistakes - 38-24 State

Coach34
09-08-2021, 03:27 PM
Would be embarrassing to give up 34 to NC State run heavy offense

Only way we give up that many points is if they get a few super short fields & a defensive score

NC State was 78th in total offense last year.

La Tech was 117th last year

NC State is going to be one of the best teams we play this year. Veteran team- which is what you want as a coach. They will be a much better team than La Tech was.

Our defense while good in spots lacks in spots as well.

Percho
09-08-2021, 03:30 PM
Hopeful win = us

3 - 2 I'll take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2021, 03:33 PM

NC State is going to be one of the best teams we play this year. Veteran team- which is what you want as a coach. They will be a much better team than La Tech was.

While I agree with much of what you said, La Tech had 19 transfers & we had no film on them actually playing for La Tech. Thus they hit us with 2 big plays & we threw a pick 6.

Nc State returns most of the 78th ranked offense, is running the same scheme, & we have film.

Arnett proved to be a good DC last year. I'd be absolutely floored if they ran up & down the field on a defense that was a top 25 rushing defense last year against all SEC competition. Would be absolutely shocked.

That said, I think their DL gives us hell & I don't know what we'll do about that. I'll go 24-20 NC State & one of those scores is on a really short field.

I see a low scoring game

Cowbell
09-08-2021, 03:40 PM
28-13 NC State

If we only score 13 points, count me in for the meltdown

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2021, 03:41 PM

Me as well, but, if the OL doesn't get any better, 13 points is completely realistic

sleepy dawg
09-08-2021, 03:41 PM
NC State 31-28

Cowbell
09-08-2021, 03:42 PM
I was really fearful of NC state after watching film from last year (because they return 20 starters from that team) where they finished the year with 4-5 straight wins and then I watched Kentucky abuse them running the football in the bowl game. Abd Kentucky was not good last year.

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2021, 03:45 PM
I was really fearful of NC state after watching film from last year (because they return 20 starters from that team) where they finished the year with 4-5 straight wins and then I watched Kentucky abuse them running the football in the bowl game. Abd Kentucky was not good last year.

Yeah, realistically, I think this game is about us more than them.

NC State is going to be what they're going to be. A solid team that likely doesn't beat themselves.

But what are we? Are we the team that played Georgia & Mizzou last year? If so, we win by 10+ points.

Are we the team that played Arkansas, KY, & La Tech? If so we lose by 10+ points.

Are we the team that played Ole Miss last year? If so, the game goes down to the wire.

We're more explosive, with a higher ceiling that NC State, but we have significantly higher fluctuations in how we play week to week.

Cowbell
09-08-2021, 04:00 PM

NC State is going to be what they're going to be. A solid team that likely doesn't beat themselves.

But what are we? Are we the team that played Georgia & Mizzou last year? If so, we win by 10+ points.

Are we the team that played Arkansas, KY, & La Tech? If so we lose by 10+ points.

Are we the team that played Ole Miss last year? If so, the game goes down to the wire.

We're more explosive, with a higher ceiling that NC State, but we have significantly higher fluctuations in how we play week to week.

I agree - I really feel like this game will set the tone for the season / I could see us losing and still going bowling. But if we win, we can make a big jump from last year because NC state is better than quite a few teams on our schedule.

Cowbell
09-08-2021, 04:01 PM

And glad to see you back on here more man - it's been quiet around here. Missed you during the title run. (I love saying that)

dawgman15
09-08-2021, 04:09 PM
NC State did not register a sack against USF. Dawgs 42 - Wolfpack 24

OLJWales
09-08-2021, 04:21 PM
Brain sez NCS ; heart sez STATE. would love to put a big ass whippin on them so Shelton can jump 34's ass again. Lol

TrapGame
09-08-2021, 04:27 PM

Wow. I did not catch that. That's interesting cause USF was putrid.

Doggie_Style
09-08-2021, 04:33 PM
NC-St 27 MSU 24

Coach34
09-08-2021, 04:39 PM

They also tossed a shutout

HancockCountyDog
09-08-2021, 04:40 PM
SEC - 38
ACC - 24

Offshore Dawg
09-08-2021, 04:43 PM
Hopeful win = us

THIS ^^^^^

Offshore Dawg
09-08-2021, 04:46 PM

THIS Also ^^^^

Coach34
09-08-2021, 04:53 PM
While I agree with much of what you said, La Tech had 19 transfers & we had no film on them actually playing for La Tech. Thus they hit us with 2 big plays & we threw a pick 6.

Nc State returns most of the 78th ranked offense, is running the same scheme, & we have film.

Arnett proved to be a good DC last year. I'd be absolutely floored if they ran up & down the field on a defense that was a top 25 rushing defense last year against all SEC competition. Would be absolutely shocked.

That said, I think their DL gives us hell & I don't know what we'll do about that. I'll go 24-20 NC State & one of those scores is on a really short field.

I see a low scoring game

Suddenly transfers are such a good thing while they have had limited impacts at others schools. Tech returned 10 starters on D and had 3 of their top 5 pass catchers from the year before. Tech was beating on us with most of the same guys that played for them the year before.

We were young in 2013 and got a lot better in 2014- why? We returned a ton of starters. Teams that return a lot of starters typically improve by 2-3 wins the next season in college football. The last time we had this argument on here was about Kirby Smart before Year 2 at Georgia. We know how that turned out.

NC State got their QB a lot of experience last year. His TD to interception ratio was pretty good. He threw for over 230 in the opener. Their offense will be tough on us Saturday. NC State/Clemson will be for the right to go to the championship game on their side of the ACC.

NCDawg
09-08-2021, 04:59 PM
38-21. NC State

Todd4State
09-08-2021, 05:01 PM
Suddenly transfers are such a good thing while they have had limited impacts at others schools. Tech returned 10 starters on D and had 3 of their top 5 pass catchers from the year before. Tech was beating on us with most of the same guys that played for them the year before.

We were young in 2013 and got a lot better in 2014- why? We returned a ton of starters. Teams that return a lot of starters typically improve by 2-3 wins the next season in college football. The last time we had this argument on here was about Kirby Smart before Year 2 at Georgia. We know how that turned out.

NC State got their QB a lot of experience last year. His TD to interception ratio was pretty good. He threw for over 230 in the opener. Their offense will be tough on us Saturday. NC State/Clemson will be for the right to go to the championship game on their side of the ACC.

I don't know if you will agree with me or not on this but I think having upperclassman football players at most positions is maybe the biggest determining factor in how good a team is.

At least for us as I'm sure there may be an exception like Alabama where they are getting freak shows but there are realistically only so many of those and most of those don't come to MSU outside of the rare Chris Jones or Jeffrey Simmons.

HancockCountyDog
09-08-2021, 05:08 PM

I agree with this. The talking point that La Tech had a bunch of LSU and Michigan transfers is just silly.

Go actually look at who they added. Also look at who they lost to transfer portal.

I think we win this weekend, so let?s stop with this idea that LT beat us with a borderline playoff team. They were a 28 point underdog for a reason. They aren?t good.

msstate7
09-08-2021, 05:09 PM
23-21 state

Defense comes up big

parabrave
09-08-2021, 05:13 PM
NCState 35, Us 21, 10 penalties, 5 sacks, 3 INTs 1 pick six.

Cowbell
09-08-2021, 05:19 PM

You need to redo your research on their QB. The guy starting against us broke his leg in game 4 last year and Saturday was his first game back.

Cowbell
09-08-2021, 05:21 PM
23-21 state

Defense comes up big

Dangit 7 don't you be optimistic / now I wanna be pessimistic

KOdawg1
09-08-2021, 05:23 PM

If we come out and play like we did last week, 13 points may be too high.

Cowbell
09-08-2021, 05:26 PM
If we come out and play like we did last week, 13 points may be too high.

If we play like we did Q2 & Q3, a melt is deserved

Coach34
09-08-2021, 05:31 PM
You need to redo your research on their QB. The guy starting against us broke his leg in game 4 last year and Saturday was his first game back.

Oh even better now he is starting for a 3rd straight year.

3rd year starting QB, both starting RB's, and all 3 starting WR's return. And we expect to shut them down to 14 points Sat? Okkkkk

Coach34
09-08-2021, 05:37 PM
I don't know if you will agree with me or not on this but I think having upperclassman football players at most positions is maybe the biggest determining factor in how good a team is.

Absolutely. Experience is tremendous.

Dak Prescott was still Dak Prescott in 2011 and 2012. But Dak Prescott in 2014 and 2015 was a different animal.

Think Ben Beckwith from obscurity early on to in NFL training camp.

Cowbell
09-08-2021, 05:43 PM

3rd year starting QB, both starting RB's, and all 3 starting WR's return. And we expect to shut them down to 14 points Sat? Okkkkk

I don't know who's expecting us to hold them to 14 points but that's not the numbers I'm seeing from most including myself

Coach34
09-08-2021, 05:55 PM
I don't know who's expecting us to hold them to 14 points but that's not the numbers I'm seeing from most including myself

"On the other hand, NC State is a run heavy offense & we've got film. I fully expect Arnett to be ready for this one.

I believe it's a low scoring game 14-10 going into the 4th." No clue who wins Shotgundawg

Apoplectic
09-08-2021, 06:55 PM
36-13 ncstate

OLJWales
09-08-2021, 07:08 PM
ED Rocks. This thread has me fired up. I'm hoping 34 gets it in the ear after we whip dat ass and I'm sure he's hoping the same. If not, he will stick it in our ear. Interwebs make it more funner. Where's that dude from India?

Quaoarsking
09-08-2021, 07:44 PM

"I didn't know what I was talking about, but it turns out I was even more correct than I realized!"

Jack Lambert
09-08-2021, 07:47 PM

I know a bunch of NC State fans from work and they are worried about the game. They just don't think USF was a good gage to judge them by.

Cowbell
09-08-2021, 08:28 PM
I know a bunch of NC State fans from work and they are worried about the game. They just don't think USF was a good gage to judge them by.

That was truely a bad football team, but they took care uh bidness

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-08-2021, 08:34 PM
On the one hand, I think last week was wake up call and the team will be humbled and fired up.

On the other hand, if an OL having no clue how to stop a 3 man rush could be fixed in a week, we'd have fixed it before LT. And of they can't block 3 with 5 it doesn't matter how fired up everyone else is. I could see the team quitting late as culture issues emerge. And let's not forget our D got zero pressure
last game, the OL just overshadowed the fact our D didn't look good.

31-14 NC State. I hope I eat my shirt, and if the OL gets fixed I very well could

Commercecomet24
09-08-2021, 09:06 PM
"I didn't know what I was talking about, but it turns out I was even more correct than I realized!"

Rep given.

Dawgtini
09-08-2021, 09:55 PM
35-17 HailSate. Rodgers 375. Gonna be a good night boys 😎

Bdawg
09-08-2021, 10:17 PM
The first game was so Jekyll and Hyde that it's hard to say which offense will show up. But if I take last year into account and game one this year, the OL hasn't shown me enough to make me a believer in the offense for this game yet. I'm hoping the penalties were first game jitters and we can tone down the pre-snap penalties for this one. I feel Arnett is pissed to the bone, and since they are run heavy, he will be prepared and ready to go. I still just can't bet on the offense just yet until they show they can be more like the team we saw in the fourth quarter.

NC State 24
Dawgs 20

Defense does enough but offense gives the a short field one time for the difference.
Man I hope we pick up where we left off in the 4th last week though.

RezDog7
09-08-2021, 10:46 PM
ED Rocks. This thread has me fired up. I'm hoping 34 gets it in the ear after we whip dat ass and I'm sure he's hoping the same. If not, he will stick it in our ear. Interwebs make it more funner. Where's that dude from India?

I wouldn't mind taking one for the team and ear holing that POS.

ShotgunDawg
09-08-2021, 10:47 PM
"On the other hand, NC State is a run heavy offense & we've got film. I fully expect Arnett to be ready for this one.

I believe it's a low scoring game 14-10 going into the 4th." No clue who wins Shotgundawg

14-10 going into the 4th. I didn't say we hold them to 14

Bothrops
09-08-2021, 11:51 PM
40-31 F.

Todd4State
09-09-2021, 12:10 AM
Absolutely. Experience is tremendous.

Dak Prescott was still Dak Prescott in 2011 and 2012. But Dak Prescott in 2014 and 2015 was a different animal.

Think Ben Beckwith from obscurity early on to in NFL training camp.

It's also why I railed Dan's recruiting because he would have years where position groups were completely neglected. It was very easy to see that we were going to have spots where we were young 3-4 years out.

I think for MSU to succeed no matter the coach or the scheme for us to win at a high level we have to have an entire team of juniors and seniors every year. Especially since we are and forever will be a developmental program.

confucius say
09-09-2021, 07:00 AM
I would encourage y'all to actually watch at least the first quarter of the nc state game. On the ESPN app, just search nc state v south Florida and you can watch it.

Nc state played a ton of man. Will be interesting to see if that holds this week. Lot of pressure on 3rd down. They run to the football well too. But USF burned them in man several times early and the qb missed them every time.

I like our matchup on defense. They are run first. Qb isn't mobile. We need to match their physicality. Do that and we will be ok.

Coach34
09-09-2021, 07:12 AM

Well- considering my point was that the QB was experienced? Yes

Did I forget that he was the guy they inserted as a true freshman? Sure but it still doesnt change the point I was making. They are a vet team.

Lord McBuckethead
09-09-2021, 07:32 AM
38-28 bulldogs

TrapGame
09-09-2021, 08:10 AM
I would encourage y'all to actually watch at least the first quarter of the nc state game. On the ESPN app, just search nc state v south Florida and you can watch it.

Nc state played a ton of man. Will be interesting to see if that holds this week. Lot of pressure on 3rd down. They run to the football well too. But USF burned them in man several times early and the qb missed them every time.

I like our matchup on defense. They are run first. Qb isn't mobile. We need to match their physicality. Do that and we will be ok.

Yeah, I just heard on OOB that they run most of their rushing plays to the left like 80% of the time b/c their LT/LG are All ACC dudes. I want to see what Arnett dials up.

confucius say
09-09-2021, 08:17 AM
Yeah, I just heard on OOB that they run most of their rushing plays to the left like 80% of the time b/c their LT/LG are All ACC dudes. I want to see what Arnett dials up.

Crumedy

confucius say
09-09-2021, 08:22 AM
Well- considering my point was that the QB was experienced? Yes

Did I forget that he was the guy they inserted as a true freshman? Sure but it still doesnt change the point I was making. They are a vet team.

He redshirted all of 2018 according to this. Wasn't inserted as a true freshman.

https://gopack.com/sports/football/roster/devin-leary/10679

I believe he has 9 career starts. Will has 7.

They are a veteran team though.

Coach34
09-09-2021, 08:49 AM
He redshirted all of 2018 according to this. Wasn't inserted as a true freshman.

https://gopack.com/sports/football/roster/devin-leary/10679

I believe he has 9 career starts. Will has 7.

They are a veteran team though.

Could have sworn I read something in 2019 about them and a true freshman at QB. I misremembered that. I will properly vet next time.

confucius say
09-09-2021, 09:42 AM
I think they had a bunch of qb turnover the last couple of years. Hockman started 12 games between 2019-2020 and then transferred this past spring. They think Leary will settle things for them at that position.

PMDawg
09-09-2021, 09:49 AM
NC State - 31
State - 20

I'm obviously a "glass is 3/4 empty" kind of guy when it comes to MSU athletics (comes with the territory after watching for 30+ years), but I really just can't see us winning that game.

So, lucky for you guys, that probably means we blow them out. lol

Cowbell
09-09-2021, 10:25 AM
Could have sworn I read something in 2019 about them and a true freshman at QB. I misremembered that. I will properly vet next time.

That's ESPN level vetting....ironic as you are a Bishop Sycamore coach

MrCoachKlein
09-09-2021, 10:27 AM
I just don't get all the NC St love. Their DLine used to be their biggest strength. Not so much since the Saints poached Neilson. KY had them by double digits most of the bowl game last year, after they played a weak ACC schedule. I think they are about an average of a team as there is. Their SRS last year was 0.35 (0 is what an average team should be).

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2020-ratings.html

Their schedule:

G Date Time Day School Opponent Conf Pts Opp W L Streak
1 Sep 19, 2020 8:00 PM Sat North Carolina State Wake Forest ACC W 45 42 1 0 W 1
2 Sep 26, 2020 8:00 PM Sat North Carolina State @ (20) Virginia Tech ACC L 24 45 1 1 L 1
3 Oct 3, 2020 12:00 PM Sat North Carolina State @ (24) Pitt ACC W 30 29 2 1 W 1
4 Oct 10, 2020 12:00 PM Sat North Carolina State @ Virginia ACC W 38 21 3 1 W 2
5 Oct 17, 2020 3:30 PM Sat North Carolina State Duke ACC W 31 20 4 1 W 3
6 Oct 24, 2020 12:00 PM Sat (23) North Carolina State@ (14) UNC ACC L 21 48 4 2 L 1
7 Nov 6, 2020 7:30 PM Fri North Carolina State (11) Miami (FL) ACC L 41 44 4 3 L 2
8 Nov 14, 2020 7:30 PM Sat North Carolina State Florida State ACC W 38 22 5 3 W 1
9 Nov 21, 2020 7:30 PM Sat North Carolina State (21) Liberty Ind W 15 14 6 3 W 2
10 Nov 28, 2020 12:00 PM Sat North Carolina State @ Syracuse ACC W 36 29 7 3 W 3
11 Dec 5, 2020 4:00 PM Sat North Carolina State Georgia Tech ACC W 23 13 8 3 W 4
12 Jan 2, 2021 12:00 PM Sat (24) North Carolina State N KY SEC L 21 23 8 4 L 1

Squeaked by Liberty, Pitt, WF. Only tough games they had were UNC and maybe Miami and lost both. To Coach34, there's no way in hell they're one of the tougher opponents on our schedule.

Edit: MSU 27 NC St 20. Not sure what happened to the formatting on that table. Spent time lining it up, and it all scrunched back together.

Coach34
09-09-2021, 10:47 AM
I just don't get all the NC St love. Squeaked by Liberty, Pitt, WF. Only tough games they had were UNC and maybe Miami and lost both. To Coach34, there's no way in hell they're one of the tougher opponents on our schedule.

Edit: MSU 27 NC St 20. Not sure what happened to the formatting on that table. Spent time lining it up, and it all scrunched back together.

They went 8-4 last year- losing the bowl game to Kentucky (who beat us as well last season). You guys know bowl games can be hit and miss. Some guys show up to play and some dont. But they return 20 starters. That is huge for a team-especially a winning one.

I guess the biggest difference is mindset. You guys as fans love talking about how much our guys have improved since last year- but NC State and their 20 returning starters are not supposed to be improved. They wont be Bama or A&M. But I expect them to be Mississippi, LSU, or Auburn good- which makes them one of the toughest games on our schedule. They look like a top 13-18 in the country team.

Cowbell
09-09-2021, 10:50 AM
They went 8-4 last year- losing the bowl game to Kentucky (who beat us as well last season). You guys know bowl games can be hit and miss. Some guys show up to play and some dont. But they return 20 starters. That is huge for a team-especially a winning one.

I guess the biggest difference is mindset. You guys as fans love talking about how much our guys have improved since last year- but NC State and their 20 returning starters are not supposed to be improved. They wont be Bama or A&M. But I expect them to be Mississippi, LSU, or Auburn good- which makes them one of the toughest games on our schedule. They look like a top 13-18 in the country team.

I think this is a really tough game / season maker for us.

Kylesandi338
09-09-2021, 10:54 AM
MSU 31- NC state 14

NCMSTFAN
09-09-2021, 11:04 AM
I don't care what the final score is, I just hope we win! It's a personal thing for me, I live in NC and have alot of Wolfpack and Tarheel friends that are ready to run their mouths. The local news was even talking about this game saying that after NC State beat USF the way the did, if they can go into Starkville and beat us, it would garner them national attention. Lets not let that happen! Hailstate!!

PGHBulldogBG
09-09-2021, 11:27 AM
24-21 NC State. We will play better than we did against La Tech but NC State is more experienced and is probably about 10 points better than us. I give us 7 for home field. Should beat Memphis the next week though as Memphis lost a lot and is rebuilding

shoeless joe
09-09-2021, 11:52 AM
41-27

Canines win

Jarius
09-09-2021, 11:52 AM
17-10 NC State.

R2Dawg
09-09-2021, 12:13 PM
I don't care what the final score is, I just hope we win! It's a personal thing for me, I live in NC and have alot of Wolfpack and Tarheel friends that are ready to run their mouths. The local news was even talking about this game saying that after NC State beat USF the way the did, if they can go into Starkville and beat us, it would garner them national attention. Lets not let that happen! Hailstate!!

I hear that. I lived in NC in the 90s when we played NCstate and NC in Peach Bowls. I watched NC beat us one year when we were the better team with about 12 NC fans. It was terrible.

I want us to look better this weekend, but even if we don't I just want a W even if we look like crap again. We can get pretty the next week. Just win this week. I really have no feel of how this game will go. Heart says we sneak a W out, head says we lose by 14.

confucius say
09-09-2021, 12:23 PM
I agree with C34 that nc state is good and veteran. And they bowl games don't matter. They were an 8-4 team last year against a bad schedule but with a lot returning.

Teams are pretty even and matchups, penalties, and turnovers will determine it. They love to run left so crumedy has to be huge. We will sell out to stop the run so they will have some vertical shots, we have to win those one on ones.

I expect an entirely different energy level.

MrCoachKlein
09-09-2021, 01:12 PM
I expect them to be Mississippi, LSU, or Auburn good

I guess that's the disconnect. KY also had a RB/WR playing QB last year. They don't this year.

I'd put them above:
LT
Vandy
TN ST
Maybe Memphis

Below:
LSU
AM
Bama
KY
Ark
Aub
OM

NCMSTFAN
09-09-2021, 01:31 PM
I hear that. I lived in NC in the 90s when we played NCstate and NC in Peach Bowls. I watched NC beat us one year when we were the better team with about 12 NC fans. It was terrible.

I want us to look better this weekend, but even if we don't I just want a W even if we look like crap again. We can get pretty the next week. Just win this week. I really have no feel of how this game will go. Heart says we sneak a W out, head says we lose by 14.

My thoughts exactly! And its still too early to gauge if we are that bad or LaTech is that good. Same can be sad for NC State, are they that good or is USF just bad this year, mind you USF went 1-8 last year so that 45-0 beating that NC State gave to USF may not mean much.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-09-2021, 01:35 PM
MSU 42 NC STATE 10

SilentSteel16
09-09-2021, 02:07 PM

For someone to start a thread talking about returning starters matter, this is kind of contradictory to use last years stats for LaTech considering they have mostly new transfers that were not on last years team. How many times did the commentary say that all the transfers had lots of snaps last year all be it with a team besides LaTech. With all that said I think State has a better full game showing and wins this game 42- 21

dawgman15
09-09-2021, 02:11 PM
Outside of the 59 yd TD run by the quarterback, we held La Tech to 42 yards on 24 carries. I think we underestimated the speed of their QB and it cost us big.

Cowbell
09-09-2021, 04:28 PM
Outside of the 59 yd TD run by the quarterback, we held La Tech to 42 yards on 24 carries. I think we underestimated the speed of their QB and it cost us big.

Or we just had a safety way out of position that should have easily stopped him for a 3-4 yard gain

Commercecomet24
09-09-2021, 05:59 PM
Or we just had a safety way out of position that should have easily stopped him for a 3-4 yard gain

Had a lb and safety both overrun the play.

OLJWales
09-09-2021, 06:02 PM
Busted play on the Tech pass TD too. That shit's fixable.

confucius say
09-09-2021, 06:31 PM
Had a lb and safety both overrun the play.
Duncan said they were Misaligned. Two came off the left and one should have been on the right

Coach34
09-09-2021, 06:39 PM
For someone to start a thread talking about returning starters matter, this is kind of contradictory to use last years stats for LaTech considering they have mostly new transfers that were not on last years team. How many times did the commentary say that all the transfers had lots of snaps last year all be it with a team besides LaTech. With all that said I think State has a better full game showing and wins this game 42- 21

Because La Tech didnt have a bunch of new starters. The QB was and he made them better. Their RB transfers were meh. Their top WR's all played there the year before except for the Freshman that caught the long TD. La Tech's D had a bunch of returning starters. The transfers provided depth.

Commercecomet24
09-09-2021, 07:11 PM
Duncan said they were Misaligned. Two came off the left and one should have been on the right

Sounds right. Yeah definitely blown assignments. Lb and safety both missed filling the hole.

Jarius
09-10-2021, 11:25 AM
Busted play on the Tech pass TD too. That shit's fixable.

It is fixable but we will probably always have 1 or 2 of those a game because of the style we play. We are going to get after the quarterback and when you bust a coverage or run fit in this defense it’s a touchdown. I doubt we ever play perfect but I much prefer this style to the bend but don’t break and die by a thousand cuts.

Reason2succeed
09-10-2021, 03:46 PM
Good Guys 31 Other Guys 17

BulldogBear
09-10-2021, 04:55 PM
My thoughts exactly! And its still too early to gauge if we are that bad or LaTech is that good. Same can be sad for NC State, are they that good or is USF just bad this year, mind you USF went 1-8 last year so that 45-0 beating that NC State gave to USF may not mean much.

I keep trying to remember that while we are not great....sorry teams do not come from down 3 TDs in the 4th quarter against anybody. Let that sink in.

Catfish
09-10-2021, 05:05 PM
I keep trying to remember that while we are not great....sorry teams do not come from down 3 TDs in the 4th quarter against anybody. Let that sink in.

THIS!!

OLJWales
09-10-2021, 10:20 PM

my sentiments as well despite everything else.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
09-10-2021, 11:32 PM
Pack 28
Dawgs 24

MoreCowbell
09-11-2021, 12:42 AM
Night game, at home with a good crowd, coming off a disappointing game against La Tech, against a team with equal or lesser talent than us who is coming off a blowout. If I had to place a bet I would take us. Dawgs 38, Wolfpack 31

Schultzy
09-11-2021, 08:26 AM
Bulldogs 28
Pack 24

Because we will play like we have something to prove tonight after playing so bad last week and as a program have a tendency to play up or down to our competition.

Saltydog
09-11-2021, 08:39 AM
Will has his best game

Pack of Wolves 38

Pack of Dogs 27

BulldogBear
09-11-2021, 12:42 PM
I've waited until today. Okay, I'm going Dawgs win 19-17

was21
09-11-2021, 01:23 PM
State 24 NC State 34

OLJWales
09-11-2021, 01:46 PM
Looks like some late money coming in on them now

Dawgology
09-12-2021, 09:10 AM
NC State has a pretty legit defense and we have the propensity to fumble. I think about 14 points off short field position we give them

NC State: 41
MSU: 24

I?ve never been so happy to be wrong. I hit our point total perfectly but just didn?t realize the defense would take such a big jump. Our offense HAS to start generating more points though. Happy for the win.

msstate7
09-12-2021, 09:13 AM
23-21 state

Defense comes up big

I pretty much had us pegged... didn't expect 7 of the point to be on special teams though. Defense was even better than I thought they'd be. They won this game

Sienfield
09-12-2021, 11:54 AM

How about shut them down to 10 points with 7 in garbage time.