PDA

View Full Version : 787 lb gator caught in Vicksburg

OLJWales
09-07-2021, 03:52 PM
https://www.vicksburgnews.com/787-pound-alligator-snagged-from-yazoo-river/

BeardoMSU
09-07-2021, 08:39 PM
That poor guy was probably 50 or 60 years old.

OLJWales
09-08-2021, 03:56 PM
That poor guy was probably 50 or 60 years old.

I look at it the same Beard as I've been a nature-animal lover since early childhood. Had a baby cayman when I was 6 (back when you could buy monkeys and shit). Raised a red tail b boa from baby to 6 foot. I never kill snakes cuz I prefer them over rodents

BeardoMSU
09-11-2021, 08:07 AM
I look at it the same Beard as I've been a nature-animal lover since early childhood. Had a baby cayman when I was 6 (back when you could buy monkeys and shit). Raised a red tail b boa from baby to 6 foot. I never kill snakes cuz I prefer them over rodents

Awesome, dude.
I grew up always catching snakes and bringing them home, much to my mother's dismay, ha. It didn't help that my dad worked for the MS Dept of Wildlife Fisheries and Parks, and he was basically a Mississippi-Steve Irwin. In his office, he had a bank of aquariums with every snake indigenous to N.A., and an alligator pit outside for tourists to see. He would also take the snakes (and sometimes a baby alligator) to local k-12 schools for wildlife demos. I've always loved reptiles.

OLJWales
09-11-2021, 09:48 AM
Awesome, dude.
I grew up always catching snakes and bringing them home, much to my mother's dismay, ha. It didn't help that my dad worked for the MS Dept of Wildlife Fisheries and Parks, and he was basically a Mississippi-Steve Irwin. In his office, he had a bank of aquariums with every snake indigenous to N.A., and an alligator pit outside for tourists to see. He would also take the snakes (and sometimes a baby alligator) to local k-12 schools for wildlife demos. I've always loved reptiles.

Yep. Brought home snakes, turtles and bull frogs in Greenwood. Always loved frogs cuz it tells you the system is clean. Steve Irwin's death was one of the biggest TV gut punches I ever took.