BeardoMSU
09-04-2021, 10:18 PM
East TN ST, lol. Ouch.

viverlibre
09-05-2021, 12:13 AM
they need to get that lady kicker back.

TNDawg35
09-05-2021, 12:27 AM
If i was them i would seriously think about dropping down to FCS or something in football? (Is that possible?)

Quaoarsking
09-05-2021, 12:33 AM
If i was them i would seriously think about dropping down to FCS or something in football? (Is that possible?)

Idaho did it a few years ago. They still suck, now they just suck as an FCS team, finishing with a losing record each of their 4 seasons in FCS.

Todd4State
09-05-2021, 01:06 AM

That would be an incredibly poor decision on their part since they get SEC money even when they go 0-12.

Clark Lea was a terrible hire. They should have hired Jeff Monken from Army.

Schultzy
09-05-2021, 05:47 AM
That is not a trend we need started.

OLJWales
09-05-2021, 07:05 AM
After yesterday, we have room to talk?

was21
09-05-2021, 08:56 AM
Yeah...talking about how bad Vanderbilt is makes us feel a lot better...smh

Quaoarsking
09-05-2021, 09:22 AM
After yesterday, we have room to talk?

Almost losing to one of the better G5 teams but still ultimately winning is not in the same universe as getting blown out by an FCS team.

We have so, so much room to talk.

OLJWales
09-05-2021, 10:42 AM
Almost losing to one of the better G5 teams but still ultimately winning is not in the same universe as getting blown out by an FCS team.

We have NO room to point fingers. Has an Ole miss look to it.

Quaoarsking
09-05-2021, 11:41 AM
We have NO room to point fingers. Has an Ole miss look to it.

Do you not understand the difference in FBS and FCS or something? Or the difference in winning close and losing in a blowout?

Losing by 20 to an FCS school is multiple orders of magnitude worse than any win over an FBS team that's been to 7 straight bowls and QB'd by a transfer who started and played decently in the Big 12.

OLJWales
09-05-2021, 11:58 AM
Do you not understand the difference in FBS and FCS or something? Or the difference in winning close and losing in a blowout?

Losing by 20 to an FCS school is multiple orders of magnitude worse than any win over an FBS team that's been to 7 straight bowls and QB'd by a transfer who started and played decently in the Big 12.

I get all that but after the shit show we put on, finger pointing at others is not a good look

Bothrops
09-05-2021, 10:54 PM
Idaho did it a few years ago. They still suck, now they just suck as an FCS team, finishing with a losing record each of their 4 seasons in FCS.

Wasn't Bobby Petrino's brother the coach there in recent years? They play football in like a long gymnasium.

preachermatt83
09-06-2021, 10:39 AM
Wasn't Bobby Petrino's brother the coach there in recent years? They play football in like a long gymnasium.

Correct

DownwardDawg
09-06-2021, 11:08 AM
I get all that but after the shit show we put on, finger pointing at others is not a good look

I agree with both of y'all.

dawgoneyall
09-06-2021, 03:59 PM
Not sure they can even beat ole
Miss this year

Maybe they should have spent less time learning that dance they performed on top of dugout and more time devoted to football..... Maybe... hope they lose every game...except one.

TrapGame
09-06-2021, 04:27 PM

A G5 team with 19 portal transfers w/ a lot of P5 playing experience. Including Vandy's leading rusher from last season. Austin Kendall took snaps at Oklahoma and West Virginia. And he was a seasoned 'old man" not a some ego bruised junior that transferred in from Arkansas St. b/c he didn't make starter at QB. This was not the kind of La Tech we've faced before. Even Leach talked about how their defense was going into coverage that were not on film. And let's face it Holtz got them up for this game. G5 teams always come in pumped for a SEC team.