PDA

View Full Version : We aren't the only ones...

Cowbell
09-04-2021, 09:01 PM
OU beat Tulane by 5
Aggies are in a brawl with Kent State
Texas scraped by the fighting Napier's
LSU gonna get beat by UCLA

TrapGame
09-04-2021, 09:02 PM
Fresno State gave Oregon all they wanted too.

BeardoMSU
09-04-2021, 09:06 PM
I think we all can agree that seeing the same flaws from last year, resulting in vast stretches of offensive ineptitude, is not ideal...

Cowbell
09-04-2021, 09:19 PM
I think we all can agree that seeing the same flaws from last year, resulting in vast stretches of offensive ineptitude, is not ideal...

You take the penalties alone away and they don't stop us very much, this offense is much improved.

Cowbell
09-04-2021, 09:27 PM
Florida not doing much with FAU.

The days of beating up on little teams is limited now due to the portal. The team we played today had some highly ranked recruits including a good older QB and receiver.

ShotgunDawg
09-04-2021, 09:42 PM

The days of beating up on little teams is limited now due to the portal. The team we played today had some highly ranked recruits including a good older QB and receiver.

This may be correct

Commercecomet24
09-04-2021, 09:44 PM

Yep with free agency in cfb now teams can get better overnight. Guys transferring from bigger programs to these smaller schools are talented just looking for playing time.

BiscuitEater
09-04-2021, 09:47 PM

That team had many Oklahoma transfers including the QB!

IMissJack
09-04-2021, 09:50 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BeardoMSU again.

IMissJack
09-04-2021, 09:51 PM
Yep with free agency in cfb now teams can get better overnight. Guys transferring from bigger programs to these smaller schools are talented just looking for playing time.

I get what you are saying, but why would LA Tech get so much better with the portal, and not us?

ShotgunDawg
09-04-2021, 09:53 PM
I get what you are saying, but why would LA Tech get so much better with the portal, and not us?

Because we thought we had good players at those positions. Other than QB, it's not that La Tech had better players than us, but they did have much better players than they've had in the past.

The days of guys sitting the bench at P5 schools may be over

IMissJack
09-04-2021, 09:53 PM
Sorry for the double post.

Commercecomet24
09-04-2021, 09:59 PM
Montana up on #20 Washington 13-7 In 4th quarter

ShotgunDawg
09-04-2021, 09:59 PM

We did get better. Plus with JUCOs, they probably had more needs

Commercecomet24
09-04-2021, 10:00 PM

Shotgun said it very succinctly

ShotgunDawg
09-04-2021, 10:00 PM
Montana up on #20 Washington 13-7 In 4th quarter

The G5s have come alive. Bet accordingly

PGHBulldogBG
09-04-2021, 10:01 PM
At least we aren?t Washington. Montana just won

IMissJack
09-04-2021, 10:02 PM
GA has given up 2 yds rushing to Clemson.

Gutter Cobreh
09-04-2021, 10:03 PM
Sorry for the double post.

Because we're at the middle to lower end of the P5 in terms of talent. Look at recruiting rankings over the past few years.

The point is that the portal allows lower end D1 teams to vastly improve their talent. We, on the other hand, are looking at equivalent talent to what we have in the portal - which provides parity across the sport outside those few teams hoarding all the 5* talent.

Commercecomet24
The G5s have come alive. Bet accordingly

Yep. Look at the scores from today. Not many blowouts on opening day like their usually are. Transfer portal has become an equalizer

Bothrops

We did at receiver

Commercecomet24
09-04-2021, 10:05 PM
By using the portal smaller teams also gain depth which has been the problem they've faced over the years against bigger schools. Depth is much less of an issue for them now

Cowbell
09-04-2021, 11:32 PM
Because we're at the middle to lower end of the P5 in terms of talent. Look at recruiting rankings over the past few years.

The point is that the portal allows lower end D1 teams to vastly improve their talent. We, on the other hand, are looking at equivalent talent to what we have in the portal - which provides parity across the sport outside those few teams hoarding all the 5* talent.

This is very accurate.

Cowbell
09-04-2021, 11:33 PM
By using the portal smaller teams also gain depth which has been the problem they've faced over the years against bigger schools. Depth is much less of an issue for them now

Yeah you aren't seeing the second half blowouts we are used to relying on at times.

R2Dawg
09-05-2021, 08:00 AM
You take the penalties alone away and they don't stop us very much, this offense is much improved.

If you take away the LT TOs, etc. You don't get to do a one sided if, if, if. We didn't, they didn't, we have big issues. If Dak had not throw int against Bama in 14, we might have competed for NC that year too so what is the point?

Leach ain't changin so enjoy the ride if this is what you like, you'll get more of it.

msudawg1200
09-05-2021, 08:47 AM
OU beat Tulane by 5
Aggies are in a brawl with Kent State
Texas scraped by the fighting Napier's
LSU gonna get beat by UCLA

Texas scraped by ULL? Do what? They won by 3 freaking TDs and were up 35-12 in the 4th. Your definition of "scraping by" is a little different from mine. However, I do get your point. This happens a lot early. I remember years under Jackie where we'd win 7,8, or even 9 games and only have scraped by a Memphis team that ended up 4-7 on a last second FG in the season opener. Remember we lost the opener to USA in 2016 but came and smoked South Carolina the next week.

Jack Lambert
09-05-2021, 10:35 AM

They also has 10 starters back from last season. I believe they benefited from the Covid rule of not losing a year as well. They will make noise in C-USA.

Jack Lambert
09-05-2021, 10:37 AM
They had six turn overs and 12 penalties. That's horrible and has to be fix before it comes a trend. On the other hand with all those mistakes they still won. They did not quit. They fought and fought. This game will pay dividends in coming games.

msudawg1200
09-05-2021, 03:57 PM
They had six turn overs and 12 penalties. That's horrible and has to be fix before it comes a trend. On the other hand with all those mistakes they still won. They did not quit. They fought and fought. This game will pay dividends in coming games.

I remember reading somewhere that if you lose the turnover battle by three or more your chances of winning are like 10%. We lost the TO battle by 4 and won.

BrunswickDawg
09-05-2021, 04:12 PM

It reminds me a bit of how the baseball team could look like total ass for about 6 innings, and then just all the sudden turn it on and come from behind and win. By no means am I saying we have an elite football team like baseball was, but it says a lot about their character in the way they came back. I know yesterday was a record comeback - but when was the last time we even had a game where we were down by more than 1 score in the 4th and came back to win?