PDA

View Full Version : Leach post game quotes

starkvegasdawg
09-04-2021, 08:52 PM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/what-mike-leach-said-after-mississippi-states-largest-comeback-in-program-history/?fbclid=IwAR1-f0w4zD3SaGWqxZsLUo6dEZVXzDDHMGhozu2lGMUArnmsx8nudU J2WFg

BeardoMSU
09-04-2021, 08:56 PM
Some decent stuff there, but throwing players under the bus in the first quote ain't a good look, but that's Mike, I guess.

Hambone
09-04-2021, 09:07 PM
Mike Leach will throw a player under the bus in a second.

Some of his most famous quips are about his players.

CaptainObvious
09-04-2021, 09:20 PM
I have to ask. So if you coach up players and then they miss blocks, drop easy passes, Miss tackles, blow coverages, commit penalty after penalty, and they are 20+ year old men, you don?t think they should tote some blame?

I have never understood coddling players who continue to screw up. Should he just call them into the office and take their scholarship in private? Or maybe dressing them down in public will light a fire under their butt. Not one single failure by our Oline was on Leach. Not one missed assignment by the DBs was on Leach. Heck Bear Bryant would tell you how bad his players were before the game, let alone if they played poorly during one.

BrunswickDawg
09-04-2021, 10:01 PM
I didn't see a quote in there that threw players under the bus - his assessment of play was pretty spot on. It's not like he said "Player X is a **** up and his mistakes almost cost us a game."

Todd4State
09-05-2021, 01:16 AM
I didn't see a quote in there that threw players under the bus - his assessment of play was pretty spot on. It's not like he said "Player X is a **** up and his mistakes almost cost us a game."

I have a feeling the responses would be different if Dan made the exact same comments.

msstate7
09-05-2021, 06:33 AM
I have a feeling the responses would be different if Dan made the exact same comments.

Somewhere hopefully a long, long time in the future, Todd (on his death bed) will pull him great grandkid in close. Todd will whisper in his ear, "my death is Mullen's fault", and breathe his last.

TrapGame
09-05-2021, 06:56 AM
In case y'all want to see the whole thing.

https://youtu.be/ctWkfbXK3_Y