PDA

View Full Version : List your positives

chef dixon
09-04-2021, 08:50 PM
I've learned as a state fan to just appreciate a win for a win. Here are some positives I noted, feel free to add to the list:

1) We've got playmakers at WR. We have to find a way to get these guys the ball in better rhythm. Walley, Tulu, and Calvin all looked like they can make big plays. Polk and Austin are solid possession wise. Nice debut from Thomas. I think if we speed up the offense these guys can get the defense off balance.

2) Our running game was a little more consistent than last year. We avoided negative plays there. Marks is improved.

3) Defense aside from pass rush from the front 4 was generally good. Safety needs work but certainly was nice to have a sheer talent upgrade there.

4) Ruiz is an auto touchback on kickoffs which is nice. On the flip side, Tulu is a huge kick return threat and it's not a fluke at this point.

5) Will is accurate enough to run this offense. You can question him in other areas.

Leroy Jenkins
09-04-2021, 08:52 PM
How about 50% of teams lost today? :rolleyes:

CadaverDawg
09-04-2021, 08:53 PM
Tulu (should touch it more, should return punts too)

We won somehow

Not trying to be a smart ass, I sat here and thought for a few minutes...but that's all I've got.

Catfish
09-04-2021, 09:20 PM
21 points in the 4th quarter for one hell of a win!

Cowbell
09-04-2021, 09:24 PM
1. We are healthy
2. Best WR we have ever had depth wise
3. Defense will get fixed
4. Will was accurate for the most part
5. Running backs are legit.

preachermatt83
09-04-2021, 09:26 PM
Tulu (should touch it more, should return punts too)

We won somehow

Not trying to be a smart ass, I sat here and thought for a few minutes...but that's all I've got.

Tulu has a little trouble fielding punts if they have a good hang time.

MaroonFlounder
09-04-2021, 10:28 PM
4. Will was accurate for the most part

I would hope so. 90% of his passes are 8 yds or less.

BrunswickDawg
09-04-2021, 10:52 PM
Will led the SEC in passing today.

We aren’t Vandy, Georgia Tech, Or Illinois today.

Mjoelner34
09-04-2021, 11:05 PM
1. Multiple WR open every play. Especially Calvin.
2. Tulu.
3. Woody running through first arm tackle attempt every time.
4. Jett Johnson constantly around the ball when he was in the game.

Todd4State
09-04-2021, 11:28 PM
1. We won. And as cheesy as it sounds I think our players learned a lot today that will pay off for them in the future. We still have a ton of sophomores that are our primary playmakers.

2. As bad as our offensive line was today they also showed in the fourth quarter that they have the potential to get it together too. I would not be surprised if they get better as the season goes along.

3. Tulu! He's the best return guy I have seen at MSU since Kevin Prentiss.

4. Brule was as advertised. Our defense stepped up when they had too.

Cowbell
09-04-2021, 11:29 PM
I would hope so. 90% of his passes are 8 yds or less.
Gotcha - I guess we can just put anyone back there then...

msstatelp1
09-05-2021, 10:44 AM
Just did a quick rewatch and the biggest thing for me was the team didn't quit. They could have mailed it in that last quarter but kept fighting. 4th quarter was the epitome of good things happen when you don't quit.

TALL DAWG
09-05-2021, 12:24 PM
Just did a quick rewatch and the biggest thing for me was the team didn't quit. They could have mailed it in that last quarter but kept fighting. 4th quarter was the epitome of good things happen when you don't quit.

2 high pts:
Time on clock 0:00
Score 35-34

OLJWales
09-05-2021, 12:55 PM
The Fans were the highlight when they booed and started leaving. I hope the players and coaches remember it too cuz they deserved it.

bulldawg28
09-05-2021, 01:03 PM
The Fans were the highlight when they booed and started leaving. I hope the players and coaches remember it too cuz they deserved it.

Lol

R2Dawg
09-05-2021, 06:12 PM

Yep tough reality of the day.

Anyone else notice that I think a thousand or so fans came back in middle of 4th quarter. Start of 4th at 14-34 the stadium was spring game empty.

R2Dawg
09-05-2021, 06:15 PM
Few positives

We found a way to win.

WR group - Calvin, Polk, Thomas along with Tulu, Walley and Williams are a very good group. Almost no drops. Need some hookups down field a little like we did in the 4th with the screens and some running game and we can fix it. Will Leach do it? I'll stop to stay positive.

Marks looked good. He is an SEC RB now. He has some lead in his pencil this year.

D was solid, just got to shore up a few things and we'll be fine.

This week will determine the rest of our season.

MrCoachKlein
09-05-2021, 09:07 PM
Marks went from looking like a boy to a beast. He put on a lot of good weight.

We don't have Costello anymore.

Jarius
09-05-2021, 09:16 PM
1.) penalties and fumbles are correctable
2.) we have legit wide receivers
3.) Defensive miscues were busts and not long drives which is correctable