PDA

View Full Version : This was all predictable...

War Machine Dawg
09-04-2021, 06:15 PM
We hired Lonnie Tinkle 2.0 as AD. Literally everything he's touched that isn't baseball has turned to shit. And he's made the athletic department more Woke than ever. Hiring a baseball coach as AD was really, really dumb.

Specifically on Leach: Anyone with a functioning brain knew trying to run the Air Raid at State was a dumbass idea destined to fail. We've got big, slow footed run blocking OL. Our state produces quality pass blocking OL once a blue moon because our high school coaches are still in the dark ages offensively. Unless we are getting our OL from Texas, Georgia, Florida, etc where the kids grow up blocking in modern offenses and pass blocking frequently, this isn't going to improve. And news flash, Leach hates recruiting, so I wouldn't hold my breath he'll put in the effort to improve the OL. The Pirate doesn't give a damn. We're his retirement paycheck. This is actually going to get worse. Hope all you Leach apologists who wanted this assclown are happy we were finally dumb enough to hire him and his gimmick offense in the one conference where it was never going to work. Hell, he's getting his ass shut down by a bad Sun Belt team.

Cohen should be fired tomorrow. I know we just won a baseball natty. But no serious school allows their AD to screw up the football hire this badly twice in a row and survive. But this is State, so we'll ignore how out of his depth Cohen is and keep him in the job for life.

CoachT14
09-04-2021, 07:14 PM
You must not get out much. I?d wager the majority of high school offenses in Mississippi run either a variation of Spread or Air Raid.

chef dixon
09-04-2021, 07:41 PM
This one really brought you out of the woodwork huh?

KOdawg1
09-04-2021, 07:45 PM
You must not get out much. I?d wager the majority of high school offenses in Mississippi run either a variation of Spread or Air Raid.

Running a modern offense and running it with proper coaching and technique are two different things.

SDDawg
09-04-2021, 08:09 PM
You used to be a real one WMD. Now you just whine and complain.

CoachT14
09-04-2021, 08:44 PM
Running a modern offense and running it with proper coaching and technique are two different things.
I don?t necessarily disagree. But that?s not what he said.

Apoplectic
09-04-2021, 08:47 PM
This one really brought you out of the woodwork huh?

He?s very proud of the work

Bothrops
09-04-2021, 08:47 PM
We hired Lonnie Tinkle 2.0 as AD. Literally everything he's touched that isn't baseball has turned to shit.

Haven't you heard man, baseball is the only thing we care about. Some people around here will probably tell you so.

BeardoMSU
09-04-2021, 08:49 PM
He?s very proud of the work

https://c.tenor.com/TcHb8x5TrtMAAAAC/jump-to-conclusion-think-again.gif

BeardoMSU
09-04-2021, 08:52 PM
Haven't you heard man, baseball is the only thing we care about. Some people around here will probably tell you so.

Our basketball program is back to exactly where we were prior to the Rick Ray implosion: a bubbly team that has a shot at the dance, yet now we have a coach that isn't a shady embarrassment.