PDA

View Full Version : Mike Leach................

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2021, 05:54 PM
LOL. I hope y'all that wanted this clown are happy.

Indndawg
09-04-2021, 06:06 PM
Suddenly I see. He's too laid back and absent for a high maintenance program like MSU. Perhaps Arnett can step up next and lead this team

PMDawg
09-04-2021, 06:09 PM
I'd be happy to see him fired tonight. Let Spurrier Jr. run it as interim. Who cares.

Indndawg
09-04-2021, 06:16 PM
Don't care

R2Dawg
09-04-2021, 07:06 PM
I'd be happy to see him fired tonight. Let Spurrier Jr. run it as interim. Who cares.

Me too. Anyone that will get rid of air raid I'm for it. Problem is we don't have players to run much of anything anymore after he gutted our talent.

BuckyIsAB****
09-04-2021, 07:09 PM
He will do as well Mullen did

PGHBulldogBG
09-04-2021, 07:11 PM

Maybe not quite that well but I see 6-6 and 7-5 a lot. Not terrible but not great. Solid B hire but nothing better was available at the time

War Machine Dawg
09-04-2021, 07:13 PM
Me too. Anyone that will get rid of air raid I'm for it. Problem is we don't have players to run much of anything anymore after he gutted our talent.

I know I'll be laughed at and shouted down, but I still believe the Gus Bus runs the perfect offense for MSU. Power spread option at high tempo. Keep Arnett as DC, bring in Gus and let him recruit run blocking OL, RBs and fullback/H-backs to his heart's content. We aren't going anywhere with the Air Raid. It's not a cultural or talent fit at MSU and never will be. Anyone who was honest with themselves knew that when we hired Leach.

Coach34
09-04-2021, 07:13 PM

No he wont. This team is a 4-5 win team

R2Dawg
09-04-2021, 07:16 PM
I know I'll be laughed at and shouted down, but I still believe the Gus Bus runs the perfect offense for MSU. Power spread option at high tempo. Keep Arnett as DC, bring in Gus and let him recruit run blocking OL, RBs and fullback/H-backs to his heart's content. We aren't going anywhere with the Air Raid. It's not a cultural or talent fit at MSU and never will be. Anyone who was honest with themselves knew that when we hired Leach.

I said that when Leach was hired that the talent in MS and who MSU is and can be just doesn't fit but to be honest, I don't think Leach can win anywhere tough with that approach in today's game.

MSU is tough D, run the ball and throw enough to keep balanced.

OLJWales
09-04-2021, 07:16 PM
I'm now leaning bad hire for the 1st time. I have no idea what the hell Leach, his staff or players were doing during off season , spring and fall but it had nothing to do with football preparation.

AROB44
09-04-2021, 07:20 PM

Agree...but I think Leach will be more like Sly.

tcdog70
09-04-2021, 07:24 PM
Slytanic lost to La Tech—-Mullen wore shorts and lost to South Alabama— at Least Leach won the game.

Coach34
09-04-2021, 07:29 PM
Slytanic lost to La Tech—-Mullen wore shorts and lost to South Alabama— at Least Leach won the game.

4 wins will still be 4 wins. This team had to score 21 points in the 4th to beat the 2nd worst team on its schedule

Crooms coached before Saban got rolling at Bama and changed things. Mullen lost to South Al because he didnt stick to his gut and keep Fitz in the game.

ImissCityBagel
09-04-2021, 07:30 PM
I called him out after last seasons Auburn game and I was absolutely crucified. He's on cruise control to retirement.

Maroonthirteen
09-04-2021, 07:31 PM

Spot on!

R2Dawg
09-04-2021, 07:31 PM
4 wins will still be 4 wins. This team had to score 21 points in the 4th to beat the 2nd worst team on its schedule

Crooms coached before Saban got rolling at Bama and changed things. Mullen lost to South Al because he didnt stick to his gut and keep Fitz in the game.

Yep USA was Mullen choosing wrong player to play - Fitz.

BuckyIsAB****
09-04-2021, 07:33 PM

I think you said he would never coach here too

TrapGame
09-04-2021, 07:33 PM
Yep USA was Mullen choosing wrong player to play - Fitz.

Sirmon's defense didn't help either.

BuckyIsAB****
09-04-2021, 07:34 PM

This is battered wife syndrome

ImissCityBagel
09-04-2021, 07:34 PM
but but but Leach is funny and eccentric

Coach34
09-04-2021, 07:45 PM

LOL- only because I didnt think we would be stupid enough to hire him

Homedawg
09-04-2021, 08:33 PM

Baahhhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahaha. This is crazy. No he won't.

Bothrops
09-04-2021, 08:40 PM

Mike Leach will be the last recognizable name coach we ever hire. Is he burnt out, yes. Is he questioning his philosophy...I would be. From here on though it's going to be unknowns in both name and projection.

CadaverDawg
09-04-2021, 08:42 PM

Not. A. Chance.

tcdog70
09-04-2021, 08:47 PM

I?ll agree. But Dan still lost to a Sun Belt team. The fact is we played like shit for the 2nd and 3td quarter but still won. We overcame-3 fumbles and a pick 6 with100 yards of penalties. Scoring 21 points in the fourth is impressive when many teams would have quit.

Bothrops
09-04-2021, 09:21 PM
Sirmon's defense didn't help either.

That guy was such a joke, and Mullen was completely charmed by him.

IMissJack
09-04-2021, 09:27 PM

Nope. Mullen wanted to prove himself to get a better job. Leach is done after MSU.

Coach34
09-04-2021, 09:36 PM
Our best hope is that after this 4-8 season Leach decides he has enough money and heads to Key West

Quaoarsking
09-04-2021, 09:57 PM
Our best hope is that after this 4-8 season Leach decides he has enough money and heads to Key West

With Vanderbilt and Tennessee State being autowins, you're saying we're only winning 1 out of NC State, Memphis, Arkansas, Kentucky, and Ole Miss? That sounds far-fetched.

Coach34
09-04-2021, 10:05 PM
With Vanderbilt and Tennessee State being autowins, you're saying we're only winning 1 out of NC State, Memphis, Arkansas, Kentucky, and Ole Miss? That sounds far-fetched.

You will understand better next Saturday.

Bothrops
09-04-2021, 10:06 PM

We may win six

Coach34
09-04-2021, 10:09 PM
Kentucky, Mississippi, and NC State are much better than us. Memphis and UPig are better than La Tech.

cheewgumm
09-04-2021, 10:12 PM
Why does Walley ever come out?

At least get the ball to the good players.

DownwardDawg
09-04-2021, 10:16 PM

They can laugh all they want, but it's the perfect offense for MSU. I was always jealous of his offense at Auburn. It was better than what Mullen ran here. This Leach experiment ain't gonna work.

Quaoarsking
09-04-2021, 10:16 PM
Kentucky, Mississippi, and NC State are much better than us. Memphis and UPig are better than La Tech.

Did the Transitive Property (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transitive_relation) suddenly start applying to football? No?

Bothrops
09-04-2021, 10:29 PM
Memphis and UPig better than La Tech.

Don't know about Memphis, but UPig is definitely not better than La Tech right now.

HoopsDawg
09-04-2021, 10:39 PM
Agree...but I think Leach will be more like Sly.

Mike Leach is Joe Lee Dunn.

HoopsDawg
09-04-2021, 10:42 PM
The sad thing is leach isn't questioning his philosophy at all. Just like Croom, he will blame it on execution.

Liverpooldawg
09-04-2021, 10:54 PM
He gave our powers that be credit for a little sense. He was wrong, so was I.

Cowbell
09-04-2021, 10:59 PM

I guess that means OU will not win another game either after their showing against Tulane today.

You talk down to people on this board like you are some great coach but you were the one telling us all last year how bad our defense was gonna suck. This offense will not work without evolving but today was not about that. We beat ourselves today.

MrCoachKlein
09-04-2021, 11:04 PM

He's obviously not a clown based on his last 20 year resume. This was always going to be a rough transition. Its all on the oline. Qb,
Wrs and MARKS looked good. Our last obstacle is turning road graders into athletic pass blockers. We came back and won against a crap team. Yeah it was ugly but the team dug deep and got it done. Give the guy at least 3 years not counting the bs excuse of a football season that was last yr.

MrCoachKlein
09-04-2021, 11:09 PM

Adding my rant

Cross looked unworthy of a draft pick in that first half. Oline overall was awful.

Homedawg
09-04-2021, 11:12 PM
I?ll agree. But Dan still lost to a Sun Belt team. The fact is we played like shit for the 2nd and 3td quarter but still won. We overcame-3 fumbles and a pick 6 with100 yards of penalties. Scoring 21 points in the fourth is impressive when many teams would have quit.

He did. Once in his entire tenure. Once.

Cowbell
09-04-2021, 11:30 PM
Still one more than leach - but granted it wasn't in year one or two

Quaoarsking
09-04-2021, 11:35 PM

He lost to a CUSA team in 2009 like Leach almost did today but didn't.

That Houston team was unranked when we played them and finished the season unranked, but they were ranked during some weeks of the season. I doubt Louisiana Tech ever cracks the top 25 any week this season, but they have tended to be one of the top CUSA teams under Holtz and probably will again this year.

munk_munk92
09-05-2021, 01:57 AM
I think after the season we are gonna look back a LA Tech is gonna be 8-4 or better. We still should've beat them down but with 19 transfers from good schools plus returning seniors they are a decent team. If we play to our potential we will win all of our non conference games and 2 conference games at least.

R2Dawg
09-05-2021, 08:11 AM
I think after the season we are gonna look back a LA Tech is gonna be 8-4 or better. We still should've beat them down but with 19 transfers from good schools plus returning seniors they are a decent team. If we play to our potential we will win all of our non conference games and 2 conference games at least.

I do agree LT may finish with a winning record and bowl. They are not an FCS team. But our issues are not at one position unless you count HC being a position. With the right changes, the position issues can be fixed. Appears HC can't.

Quaoarsking
09-05-2021, 08:43 AM

Probably. Skip Holtz has finished with a winning conference record there in 6 of his 8 seasons. They're usually one of the best CUSA teams and they presumably are again this year.

BuckyIsAB****
09-05-2021, 10:32 AM

Yall forget barely beating UAB twice, Bowling Green, Troy, La Tech in OT at home. I remember all of it. I also remember him and his faults that are going to beat him at UF. He is not gonna change either.

Leach is the best coach we could have possibly hired and a perfect fit to fix the problems that were festering in the locker room. We will win. It is going to be ok.

parabrave
09-05-2021, 12:25 PM
Mike Leach is Joe Lee Dunn.

Try Steve Sloan