PDA

View Full Version : NIL deals at msu

Homedawg
09-02-2021, 08:13 PM
Largest one by any athlete we have....$3600 .....

msstate7
09-02-2021, 08:30 PM
This rule could send us straight to the bottom of sec football

BeardoMSU
09-02-2021, 08:42 PM

We're not going to even try.

viverlibre
09-02-2021, 08:43 PM
Good for the athletes, bad for college football (and most college sports).

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2021, 08:46 PM

Doesn't seem like it

Homedawg
09-02-2021, 08:47 PM

I laugh at these comments. Why don't you pony up then?? Easy to spend everyone else's money isn't it.

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2021, 08:47 PM
We can't even paint our end zones, so why does anyone think we'd invest in the football program?

Homedawg
09-02-2021, 08:48 PM
Doesn't seem like it

See comment above

BeardoMSU
09-02-2021, 08:51 PM
I laugh at these comments. Why don't you pony up then?? Easy to spend everyone else's money isn't it.

Lol, ok. Don't be a glib douche. I forgot that prior to the NIL rule, the backbone of college recruiting was built on the backs of lowly college professors, lol. Why shouldn't it be the same now?

Meanwhile, schools that take this shit seriously, even smaller schools without winning traditions (like an OM, for example), are about to wax our ass...

But cool story, bro.

Homedawg
09-02-2021, 08:53 PM
Lol, ok. Don't be a glib douche. I forgot that prior to the NIL rule, the backbone of college recruiting was built on the backs of lowly college professors, lol. Why shouldn't it be the same now?

Meanwhile, schools that take this shit seriously, even smaller schools without winning traditions (like an OM, for example), are about to wax our ass...

But cool story, bro.

Just wondering what was stopping you. Since everyone else is so cheap. You can do one yourself. Have at it.
Should have known you were a prof....

BeardoMSU
09-02-2021, 08:55 PM
See comment above

And, btw....I/we (my wife is also a MSU graduate) donate our fair share to the university....and we don't even get to reap the immediate rewards of such generosity by getting season tickets and whatnot....because we live in ****ing Massachusetts.

I guess I should quit my university job and start a lobster roll truck and sponsor the next great MSU place kicker?

BeardoMSU
09-02-2021, 08:57 PM
Should have known you were a prof....

https://media4.giphy.com/media/pyYFGybLAHeU6FnE7z/giphy.gif

BeardoMSU
09-02-2021, 09:01 PM
We can't even paint our end zones, so why does anyone think we'd invest in the football program?

Lol, sad but true.

BeardoMSU
09-02-2021, 09:08 PM

I'll be honest. When the NIL passed, and all the threads saying we were doomed, I scoffed....

If this is how unserious we are about it, I was obviously way wrong. It's the equivalent of forfeiting before the race even starts if this is how we're going about this.

There is still time, but they better get their shit together. Considering how much Starkville has grown, how much advertisement potential there is, re: restaurants, bars/clubs, etc...there has to be more there...

Homedawg
09-02-2021, 09:12 PM
I'll be honest. When the NIL passed, and all the threads saying we were doomed, I scoffed....

If this is how unserious we are about it, I was obviously way wrong. It's the equivalent of forfeiting before the race even starts if this is how we're going about this.

There is still time, but they better get their shit together. Considering how much Starkville has grown, how much advertisement potential there is, re: restaurants, bars/clubs, etc...there has to be more there...

Honestly, from a football perspective only what kind of roi would a business get from using one of our current players?? Dak would have done well but we don't have a dak. I never thought this was a good idea for us.

BeardoMSU
09-02-2021, 09:21 PM
Honestly, from a football perspective only what kind of roi would a business get from using one of our current players?? Dak would have done well but we don't have a dak. I never thought this was a good idea for us.

That's a fair point. But it's all relative. Obviously we're not going to compete with a Bama, Georgia, OSU, Texas, etc. in this NIL deal. But we weren't with the previous system either. So what's changed?

What we have to do, is compete with the other fish our size in the pond (e.g., OM, Ark, SC, KY, etc.). I guarantee you OM is already 10 steps ahead of us in this game, for a number of reasons. The fact we have never really taken recruiting seriously, however, will likely prove to be a symptomatic to why we don't succeed in this new system. Its up to the schools to go out and facilitate these relationships. They can do it any number of ways. Tax write offs. Perks. Box seats. Booster access. Etc.

What's depressing, though, is we have the potential to succeed in this system...but we still have too much "ole mississippi state" in us, and we refuse to change with the times.

HoopsDawg
09-02-2021, 09:39 PM
Largest one by any athlete we have....$3600 .....

who got that one?

RezDog7
09-02-2021, 09:42 PM

I missed where we were at the top of the SEC already. I mean, we've literally been at the bottom with Arkansas and OM since like, forever.

Commercecomet24
09-02-2021, 09:44 PM
I'm guessing things shake out about the way they are now. We'll be a 6-8 sometimes 9 win team every year. We won't be terrible but won't be elite either.

HoopsDawg
09-02-2021, 09:45 PM
I missed where we were at the top of the SEC already. I mean, we've literally been at the bottom with Arkansas and OM since like, forever.

We've been pretty competitive with most schools in the SEC. If we don't step up, you are going to have a new perspective on what the bottom really is.

Cowbell
09-02-2021, 09:46 PM

How dare you leave out Vandy

HoopsDawg
09-02-2021, 09:47 PM
I'm guessing things shake out about the way they are now. We'll be a 6-8 sometimes 9 win team every year. We won't be terrible but won't be elite either.

College Football is definitely rigged against us. That's why a coach like Napier wouldn't want to come here. We have to overcome so much just to hit 8-9 wins and that gets us nothing but 3rd-4th in our own division. And then a meaningless bowl trip. I'm a nihilst when it comes to MSU football.

BeardoMSU
09-02-2021, 09:56 PM
College Football is definitely rigged against us. That's why a coach like Napier wouldn't want to come here. We have to overcome so much just to hit 8-9 wins and that gets us nothing but 3rd-4th in our own division. And then a meaningless bowl trip. I'm a nihilst when it comes to MSU football.

I get this mentality, but it doesn't have to be like that.

If we tried....just tried!....a little bit more...just a little...we could absolutely move up a peg or two. Taking what scraps are given to you and accepting the status quo is such a Larry Templeton move. Hell, for MSU it goes decades before him. How many years did we sell our home games to play in Jackson instead? How many decades did we accept having to play Bama, Georgia, LSU, while OM campaigned to have their schedule as lean as possible? Considering how old our football program is, and the fact we really only started giving a **** since the 1990's, it's a wonder we've accomplished what we have in such a short time, lol.

Homedawg
09-02-2021, 10:04 PM
who got that one?

That, I do not know. We have 100 deals. Ranging from 3.50 yes three dollars and 50 cents to 3600.

HoopsDawg
09-02-2021, 10:05 PM

If we tried....just tried!....a little bit more...just a little...we could absolutely move up a peg or two. Taking what scraps are given to you and accepting the status quo is such a Larry Templeton move. Hell, for MSU it goes decades before him. How many years did we sell our home games to play in Jackson instead? How many decades did we accept having to play Bama, Georgia, LSU, while OM campaigned to have their schedule as lean as possible? Considering how old our football program is, and the fact we really only started giving a **** since the 1990's, it's a wonder we've accomplished what we have in such a short time, lol.

We have a head coach who doesn't want to recruit. We have a staff made up of a lot of people with no ties to the Deep South. We signed an average class last year and we are looking pretty average this year. We don't play the game very well. And so far we aren't participating in the NIL game. Things are not trending in a positive direction.

Just being realistic, we could do everything perfectly and we still aren't playing for anything but a bowl game. Hopefully, the playoffs will expand to at least 12 sooner than later to give us some faint hope. But we definitely need some leadership and a plan.

HoopsDawg
09-02-2021, 10:06 PM
That, I do not know. We have 100 deals. Ranging from 3.50 yes three dollars and 50 cents to 3600.

Good Grief!!

BeardoMSU
09-02-2021, 10:11 PM
We have a head coach who doesn't want to recruit. We have a staff made up of a lot of people with no ties to the Deep South. We signed an average class last year and we are looking pretty average this year. We don't play the game very well. And so far we aren't participating in the NIL game. Things are not trending in a positive direction.

Just being realistic, we could do everything perfectly and we still aren't playing for anything but a bowl game. Hopefully, the playoffs will expand to at least 12 sooner than later to give us some faint hope. But we definitely need some leadership and a plan.

All true, and I hear ya, but a school's "network" can still exist beyond all that. We've just never prioritized it. It better change, though, because the tide is coming in...

MaroonFlounder
09-02-2021, 10:13 PM

What are you talking about. I literally just saw a video of them painting a Hail State in one of the end zones

Catfish
09-02-2021, 10:13 PM

You're always so positive.

HoopsDawg
09-02-2021, 10:15 PM
You're always so positive.

I was pretty dang positive during baseball season.

Catfish
09-02-2021, 10:17 PM
I was pretty dang positive during baseball season.

Football starts Saturday. We're undefeated. Give it a chance.

HoopsDawg
09-02-2021, 10:22 PM
Football starts Saturday. We're undefeated. Give it a chance.

We aren't really talking about this season in particular. But if there is something I posted that you disagree with or care to debate, please feel free to post. Otherwise keep the snide comments to yourself.

Catfish
09-02-2021, 10:26 PM
We aren't really talking about this season in particular. But if there is something I posted that you disagree with or care to debate, please feel free to post. Otherwise keep the snide comments to yourself.
Your post refers to this season. Maybe you should go back and read it. And keep your snide comments to yourself!!!

BeardoMSU
09-02-2021, 10:32 PM
Otherwise keep the snide comments to yourself.

Such as ridiculing someone for their career choice, lol?**

JK, I'm thick skinned.

HoopsDawg
09-02-2021, 10:36 PM
Such as ridiculing someone for their career choice, lol?**

JK, I'm thick skinned.

Wasn't me bud. I will only ridicule you for bad takes. As for Catfish, he has made 3 posts in this thread and managed to add absolutely nothing.

Maroonthirteen
09-02-2021, 10:41 PM

OHSt defeats Minnesota for the 46th time in 53 games. OHSt has won 12 in a row and 28 of last 29 v Minnesota. College football needs a reorganization anyways.

Catfish
09-02-2021, 10:41 PM
Wasn't me bud. I will only ridicule you for bad takes. As for Catfish, he has made 3 posts in this thread and managed to add absolutely nothing.

And you are blasting a football program that has yet to play a game this year. There's half empty and half full. You should try the half full for awhile.

BeardoMSU
09-02-2021, 10:42 PM

Lol, whoops. Y'all's names are too close for my eyes to differentiate at this point in the evening. Apologies.

Gutter Cobreh
09-02-2021, 10:49 PM
Lol, whoops. Y'all's names are too close for my eyes to differentiate at this point in the evening. Apologies.

Is that why you still administer scantron tests????***

To the topic - This NIL won't make much of a difference. Ole Miss has always outspent us, and they have dick to show for it. As long as we play in the premier conference, we'll be good (or should I say - average).

HoopsDawg
09-02-2021, 10:55 PM
Is that why you still administer scantron tests????***

To the topic - This NIL won't make much of a difference. Ole Miss has always outspent us, and they have dick to show for it. As long as we play in the premier conference, we'll be good (or should I say - average).

I could see Arkansas, UK, Ole Miss, Tenn, all moving ahead of us. Once UT and OU joing the conference, we could find ourselves in the 14-15 range in the conference ahead of only Vandy and maybe Mizzou. We sort of had our glory years under Mullen. We better step it up.

starkvegasdawg
09-02-2021, 11:04 PM

Imma need about tree fiddy.

msstate7
09-02-2021, 11:05 PM
Elitedawgs can sponsor the back up qb. Six pack can sponsor #17 every year

Gutter Cobreh
09-02-2021, 11:19 PM
I could see Arkansas, UK, Ole Miss, Tenn, all moving ahead of us. Once UT and OU joing the conference, we could find ourselves in the 14-15 range in the conference ahead of only Vandy and maybe Mizzou. We sort of had our glory years under Mullen. We better step it up.

Even with OU and TX, we all share the money evenly regardless of where we finish. Keep the register ringing and upgrading facilities and we'll get quality athletes. Guarantee you there is no "new" booster money flowing into college football that wasn't already there.

Would rather see it put into baseball here. Why expend resources in an area where even at your best you'll be average or below. Might as well throw into an area where we know we can compete and win.

msstate7
09-02-2021, 11:23 PM
Even with OU and TX, we all share the money evenly regardless of where we finish. Keep the register ringing and upgrading facilities and we'll get quality athletes. Guarantee you there is no "new" booster money flowing into college football that wasn't already there.

Would rather see it put into baseball here. Why expend resources in an area where even at your best you'll be average or below. Might as well throw into an area where we know we can compete and win.

It appears we talking about $5-20 dollars

HoopsDawg
09-02-2021, 11:27 PM
baseball: goal should be for all 35 roster players to have full rides. Anything above that is gravy

basketball: continue to do it the old fashioned way, under the table payments.

football: not sure. it's probably a losing proposition for a business. have some autograph signings maybe. the way we are recruiting high school players, i would focus on becoming transfer U. make it known as clear as we can that if you come to MSU thru the transfer portal there will be some NIL deals waiting for you. paying x amount of dollars to our QB won't accomplish much. but paying every transfer player 10K seems doable.

OLJWales
09-03-2021, 03:47 AM

you are not getting it

bulldawg28
09-03-2021, 05:12 AM
The University should take 1 million from the athletic fund for each Big 4 sport and use for NIL. Or take $5 from each ticket sold and put towards NIL. We just have to help ourselves.

BrunswickDawg
09-03-2021, 05:46 AM
What are you talking about. I literally just saw a video of them painting a Hail State in one of the end zones

People are giving our grounds guy shit on Twitter because we aren't painting the end zones maroon and we are only using simple white everywhere except the MState logo. He's tried to explain that we have Thursday practice in the stadium so they have limited time and only 4 guys, and that maroon kills the grass in the heat of September - and our typical shithead know it all fans are blasting a pro whose athletic fields win national awards every year.

Maroonthirteen
09-03-2021, 06:21 AM
The University should take 1 million from the athletic fund for each Big 4 sport and use for NIL. Or take $5 from each ticket sold and put towards NIL. We just have to help ourselves.

You do realize, by rule, the university can't do that.

Unless you are suggesting they create a false expense on the books and move money to a private individual who manages the bank account, hiring players and payments etc. Now, I'm certain another school would do that....but State isn't.

ShotgunDawg
09-03-2021, 07:09 AM
That's a fair point. But it's all relative. Obviously we're not going to compete with a Bama, Georgia, OSU, Texas, etc. in this NIL deal. But we weren't with the previous system either. So what's changed?

What we have to do, is compete with the other fish our size in the pond (e.g., OM, Ark, SC, KY, etc.). I guarantee you OM is already 10 steps ahead of us in this game, for a number of reasons. The fact we have never really taken recruiting seriously, however, will likely prove to be a symptomatic to why we don't succeed in this new system. Its up to the schools to go out and facilitate these relationships. They can do it any number of ways. Tax write offs. Perks. Box seats. Booster access. Etc.

What's depressing, though, is we have the potential to succeed in this system...but we still have too much "ole mississippi state" in us, and we refuse to change with the times.

We're afraid to pay money in fear that we'll just drive up the price & still get outbid by blue bloods

The longer I live the more I realize why our state is close to 50 in everything.

FISHDAWG
09-03-2021, 07:12 AM

I like this idea. Individually we cant make much of a difference but collectively as a whole this board could sponsor one player to endorse the site and ALL or most of us together pitching in could get well above $3.50 I'm certain.
I know your quote has an element of sarcasm but whoever the player was could be determined. I just don't know how or even if it's legal to reach out to a recruit to offer this

ShotgunDawg
09-03-2021, 07:15 AM
OHSt defeats Minnesota for the 46th time in 53 games. OHSt has won 12 in a row and 28 of last 29 v Minnesota. College football needs a reorganization anyways.

The sport does need reorganization, but the reorganization shouldn't be to separate Ohio State from Minnesota. Minnesota has a great fan base, a great stadium, & a ton of fan potential. The reorganization needs to give Minnesota a chance so their fan base can grow.

The only way for college football to grow is for more teams to have hope. People in Minnesota are never going to be Ohio State or Michigan fans. If Minnesota sucks, they'll just follow the Vikings or Twins more. The only way for the market share of college to increase is for parity rules that help give more teams a chance to compete

ShotgunDawg
09-03-2021, 07:17 AM

College football is king & most important to our university. Taking resources away from football to give to baseball is a grave grave mistake.

ShotgunDawg
09-03-2021, 07:18 AM
People are giving our grounds guy shit on Twitter because we aren't painting the end zones maroon and we are only using simple white everywhere except the MState logo. He's tried to explain that we have Thursday practice in the stadium so they have limited time and only 4 guys, and that maroon kills the grass in the heat of September - and our typical shithead know it all fans are blasting a pro whose athletic fields win national awards every year.

Then why can most other schools pain their field? I think the guy is just lazy

StateDawg44
09-03-2021, 07:56 AM

How would painting it maroon instead of white require him putting forth more effort or be less lazy?

Todd4State
09-03-2021, 08:05 AM
If we were smart and proactive MSU would give a business some money from the profit we receive and then the business "gives" that money back to the players.

Too often in football we find reasons why we can't and not enough solutions to reach our maximum. If we did that in baseball we would not have a National Championship. It's like we're afraid to try because we may fail and it's just easier to fail if we expect it and have an excuse like "why don't you give money then to fix it."

Think about it- most everyone agrees that we're going to find a way to pay our baseball players way but we can't find a way to supplement our football players?

Turfdawg67
09-03-2021, 08:40 AM
If we were smart and proactive MSU would give a business some money from the profit we receive and then the business "gives" that money back to the players.

Too often in football we find reasons why we can't and not enough solutions to reach our maximum. If we did that in baseball we would not have a National Championship. It's like we're afraid to try because we may fail and it's just easier to fail if we expect it and have an excuse like "why don't you give money then to fix it."

Think about it- most everyone agrees that we're going to find a way to pay our baseball players way but we can't find a way to supplement our football players?

Seems logical. But OP would rather a professor step up and sponsor a player. Lolz. OM will have no problem finding a business to sponsor a player we want, even though it won't help their ROI, and said business will write it off as a business expense.

Commercecomet24
09-03-2021, 08:46 AM

This!

BeardoMSU
09-03-2021, 08:49 AM

Yep.

Gutter Cobreh
09-03-2021, 09:16 AM
College football is king & most important to our university. Taking resources away from football to give to baseball is a grave grave mistake.

What resources are you talking about? The thread is about NIL, so how would allocating NIL deals to baseball instead of football hurt us? We'll still get our cut of SEC revenue, so those resources can still be allocated as they always have to upgrading facilities, etc.. I still don't think there is any new money being put into the sport, it's simply more visible today than it was before.

Homedawg
09-03-2021, 09:33 AM
Seems logical. But OP would rather a professor step up and sponsor a player. Lolz. OM will have no problem finding a business to sponsor a player we want, even though it won't help their ROI, and said business will write it off as a business expense.

No the OP would rather the professor not act like everyone is being lazy and cheap, while he doesn't do anything himself. But I'm sure you are sponsoring someone too, huh??? Birds of a feather.......................

BrunswickDawg
09-03-2021, 09:40 AM

I think it is possible Leach having Thursday practice in the stadium is unusual in today's game (I could be wrong). And, I would assume COVID budget cutbacks and staffing shortages has probably left them short of people.
Frankly, I'm going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt because he has helped us have the best playing surfaces in the country - hands down. I'll trade having field paint for having a top notch field in November so we don't spend a month playing in slop. Half the universities in the country can't even grow grass.

BeardoMSU
09-03-2021, 10:41 AM
No the OP would rather the professor not act like everyone is being lazy and cheap, while he doesn't do anything himself. But I'm sure you are sponsoring someone too, huh??? Birds of a feather.......................

Don't try so hard to be a c^nt, please.

Homedawg
09-03-2021, 10:58 AM
Don't try so hard to be a c^nt, please.

touchy , huh.....nice touch with the please after the name calling though, typical.

OLJWales
09-03-2021, 11:17 AM
$3600? At this rate, we won't be able to beat Jackson State in a few years.

OLJWales
09-03-2021, 11:25 AM
This is the bulshit I figured when I first heard about it. Unless there's some major changes we are so f****** football; I knew it was going to f*** us but I didn't think we were also going to be this retarded and lazy, looks like the f*** is going to come a lot quicker than I thought

ScoobaDawg
09-03-2021, 11:32 AM
All I know is I'm watching Surly fund $10k per TE in less than a month. I bring the idea over here and to 6pack and all I can say is everyone just complains we cant do that..we poorh.

When the Hell is Mississippi GONNA STOP Mississippi'ng and figure out we can do what others do. Do we start with pledging a total of 70k? Not likely. But Someone needs to get this sh!t setup and going for next year.
Hell as others said. Let's start it off with baseball because something can likely get going in time for the spring.

bulldawg28
09-03-2021, 12:26 PM

If I'm paying for a ticket why couldn't I say a portion go towards NIL? Do I need to start an LLC and have fans donate $5 and then utilize for NIL?

OLJWales
09-03-2021, 12:33 PM
If I'm paying for a ticket why couldn't I say a portion go towards NIL? Do I need to start an LLC and have fans donate $5 and then utilize for NIL?

You shouldn't have to. We're about to see if IB has what it takes. Any AD not on top of this needs replacing immediately.

Homedawg
09-03-2021, 01:14 PM

The first part no. The second, yeah I think that's legal.

Homedawg
09-03-2021, 01:15 PM
You shouldn't have to. We're about to see if IB has what it takes. Any AD not on top of this needs replacing immediately.

How is he supposed to do it?? He can't have anything to do with it.

Johnson85
09-03-2021, 01:43 PM

Alumni would support a business that supported our school. If you are a starkville business that is dependent on the university and activity created by the university (which is going to be most businesses), you should probably be willing to put a decent amount into this, as the football team tanking is most likely going to hit your business pretty hard.

chef dixon
09-03-2021, 01:53 PM
This doesn't really change anything. If we don't have anyone currently on our roster more marketable/big time than that, it means we aren't getting better players anyway. We will keep getting the same quality, as will Bama.

Homedawg
09-03-2021, 02:28 PM
Alumni would support a business that supported our school. If you are a starkville business that is dependent on the university and activity created by the university (which is going to be most businesses), you should probably be willing to put a decent amount into this, as the football team tanking is most likely going to hit your business pretty hard.
Sure. But the ones they would use wouldn't be gaining anything. And certainly not any large amount of money. I'll use two examples, little dooey they wouldn't sell 1000k worrh of more food if they had NIL deal w will Rogers. The lodge, same way. There has to be a net gain for the business or at worst a draw unless you just like to throw your money away. And obviously, most well run businesses don't.

Commercecomet24
09-03-2021, 02:39 PM
How is he supposed to do it?? He can't have anything to do with it.

I don't think a lot of folks understand the NIL money doesn't come from the school. This is setup so the player can get his own endorsements and be paid for it(i.e. cards, images, ads,whatever). The school isn't going to be paying the players.

IMissJack
09-03-2021, 02:43 PM

We just don?t have an administration that wants to make this a priority.

IMissJack
09-03-2021, 02:46 PM
I don't think a lot of folks understand the NIL money doesn't come from the school. This is setup so the player can get his own endorsements and be paid for it(i.e. cards, images, ads,whatever). The school isn't going to be paying the players.

Agree, but I doubt Cohen has reached out to many donors to do something. Someone has to organize. If each alumni chapter raised $5,000, that would be better than we are currently.

AROB44
09-03-2021, 02:48 PM
This may be ancient news to some on here, but we DID have a pretty good network in the Tyler era. I know because I was in it. So to say we can't is just not true. It requires organization and people keeping their mouth shut (which seems to be a big problem with message boards and such).

Johnson85
09-03-2021, 03:01 PM
Sure. But the ones they would use wouldn't be gaining anything. And certainly not any large amount of money. I'll use two examples, little dooey they wouldn't sell 1000k worrh of more food if they had NIL deal w will Rogers. The lodge, same way. There has to be a net gain for the business or at worst a draw unless you just like to throw your money away. And obviously, most well run businesses don't.

It may not make a big different to lil dooey's, but for restaurants in general in Starkville, there is a big difference between averaging 7 wins over five years and 5 wins over five years. Same thing for the hotels. Same thing for developers doing condos and multiuse buidlings. Landlords, etc. Doesn't mean they need to pony up $10k a year, but they should be ponying up some unless they are in every SEC town and view it as pretty much zero sum.

OLJWales
09-03-2021, 03:15 PM
So what's stopping a cigar boy from going to a restaurant owner with a $20K check and asks if he'll use it for advertising. After T.V. station is paid, rest goes to our players in the commercial. Is it that simple?

KOdawg1
09-03-2021, 03:35 PM
I didn't really expect us to lead the way in this whole deal. It'll probably take us a few years to catch on.

Homedawg
09-03-2021, 03:44 PM
It may not make a big different to lil dooey's, but for restaurants in general in Starkville, there is a big difference between averaging 7 wins over five years and 5 wins over five years. Same thing for the hotels. Same thing for developers doing condos and multiuse buidlings. Landlords, etc. Doesn't mean they need to pony up $10k a year, but they should be ponying up some unless they are in every SEC town and view it as pretty much zero sum.

Oh there's no doubt winning means more people and more people means more dollars. No question.

Maroonthirteen
09-03-2021, 03:50 PM
I thought the NIL was supposed to be separate from the school. However Out of Leftfield had some AD employee on that is responsible for approving deals with players. I didn't understand that. Maybe just deals that incorporate the players ties to MSU. I don't know. Anyways...... I see Columbus Ortho has a couple of baseball players signing autographs this week.

A restaurant could do that for after games. Give a player a few hundred and a free meal. Just have the player announce on social media that they will dining (wherever) tonight after the game. Join me. That would have to create an uptick in sales for that restaurant that particular night.

Turfdawg67
09-03-2021, 03:57 PM

Yeah, your logic is as stupid as most of your "non-insider" posts. People that own businesses and are fans of MSU... (stay with us undergrad), can write it off as a business expense... or not at all because they can afford it. Your average professor, or grass cutter, doesn't necessarily possess that kind of expendable cash. So yeah, the big donors, or potential big donors, for MSU are obviously cheap as f*ck. But we'll keep donating to the BClub and buying our season tickets and wishing we were one of y'all.

Homedawg
09-03-2021, 04:39 PM
Yeah, your logic is as stupid as most of your "non-insider" posts. People that own businesses and are fans of MSU... (stay with us undergrad), can write it off as a business expense... or not at all because they can afford it. Your average professor, or grass cutter, doesn't necessarily possess that kind of expendable cash. So yeah, the big donors, or potential big donors, for MSU are obviously cheap as f*ck. But we'll keep donating to the BClub and buying our season tickets and wishing we were one of y'all.

It's not the point. You can give $3 or $5. Or whatever. But if you can't afford to do that or just chose not to, then shut up and stop bitching and telling everyone else how cheap they are. But carry on Einstein!
ETA. If you don't like the op. Just don't read it.

Homedawg
09-03-2021, 04:41 PM

It's pretty clear you don't have a business, if all you did were just "write it off as you put it" nevermind..... just Nevermind. Can't help ya. Clearly.

ZedFedder
09-03-2021, 04:45 PM
Meanwhile...

https://247sports.com/Article/Ohio-State-Buckeyes-Paris-Johnson-Jeremy-Ruckert-new-cars-Mark-Wahlberg-170130251/

Turfdawg67
09-03-2021, 04:58 PM
Meanwhile...

https://247sports.com/Article/Ohio-State-Buckeyes-Paris-Johnson-Jeremy-Ruckert-new-cars-Mark-Wahlberg-170130251/

Hahahahahaha! But I just donated my $5 due to guilt from Homie. Hope that covers our cheap ass, albeit wealthy alumni. Come on guys... if everyone stands up like me, it'll only take 8,000 of us to get someone a car!! It's over Johnny. Oh well...

Cowbell
09-03-2021, 05:35 PM
So what's stopping a cigar boy from going to a restaurant owner with a $20K check and asks if he'll use it for advertising. After T.V. station is paid, rest goes to our players in the commercial. Is it that simple?

Absolutely

Cowbell
09-03-2021, 05:36 PM
My suggestion is to let a third party company handle all concessions and game day events with an "understanding"

DownwardDawg
09-03-2021, 06:01 PM
I figured we were pretty much done in football once that passed. We need to go all in on baseball. And I guess basketball (I threw up in my mouth)

DownwardDawg
09-03-2021, 06:03 PM
Meanwhile...

College football is soon to be a thing of the past.

Todd4State
09-03-2021, 11:57 PM
I didn't really expect us to lead the way in this whole deal. It'll probably take us a few years to catch on.

I think we're going to have to hire a coach that can "show us" how to do it. Like Dan showed us how to do everything in football. And the things he didn't show us like how to recruit well it's no surprise that we're behind on that.

I like Leach and I think he will succeed here. But he's more like Jackie or Emory in that he beats people by running unique schemes and that offsets our disadvantages somewhat. Honestly the next guy needs to be someone like a PJ Fleck or Billy Napier who can win and run a program at an elite level because we've gotten stale since 2014.

bulldawg28
09-04-2021, 05:55 AM
My suggestion is to let a third party company handle all concessions and game day events with an "understanding"

I like it.

bulldawg28
09-04-2021, 05:56 AM
It's definitely time to bring Jackie Wayne back to get this NLI off the ground.

OLJWales
09-04-2021, 06:59 AM
I must not be getting this shit. It seems quite simple but our cigar boys seem lost.

KOdawg1
09-04-2021, 10:38 AM
I must not be getting this shit. It seems quite simple but our cigar boys seem lost.

Unorganized is the better word. Not on the same page.

Churchill
09-04-2021, 10:58 AM
The only possible good I can see coming from this is IF a kid comes from a really poor home can help his family with the money.