PDA

View Full Version : 99jc needs your help...does anyone have an airbnb home within 50 miles of NOLA

99jc
09-02-2021, 05:51 PM
I am being deployed there for FEMA disaster relief. i would like to bring my wife and Corgie. will be there for 30-31 days. would like place out of the city but will take what there is along as it it has a yard. THANKS

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-02-2021, 08:09 PM
I am being deployed there for FEMA disaster relief. i would like to bring my wife and Corgie. will be there for 30-31 days. would like place out of the city but will take what there is along as it it has a yard. THANKS

I only have secondhand information, but it sounds like the difference between Slidell, La and Hancock County, MS is the difference between a disaster area and mostly unscathed. Again, this is secondhand (albeit from someone who drives from Slidell to Gulfport five days a week), but I would try to find a place near Stennis Space Center for a place with creature comfort. It may be a drive for you, but I?m sure your Corgi would appreciate some AC.

https://www.airbnb.com/john-c-stennis-space-center-ms/stays

ETA: Your doggo and wife would probably enjoy Bay St. Louis.

SilentSteel16
09-02-2021, 09:36 PM
Don’t go south of 10… I work down there and below 10 Nola you will regret it. Like said above seek Bay St. Louis diamond head are. Hell even some places near picayune are better commodity wise than Slidell and below

SilentSteel16
09-02-2021, 09:38 PM
Our base is in Galliano and they are not expecting to get running water down there for about 2 weeks and stable power for almost a month. We are being based on picayune in the meantime