PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to see and what do you NOT want to see Saturday?

HancockCountyDog
09-02-2021, 12:33 PM
Here are mine:

Want to see:

Some semblance of a ground game. I want at least 150 yards rushing. We should be up big in the 4th quarter and I want to see us run the ball.

The improved OL play I keep hearing about.

A fairly dominant defensive performance. This is not a good LA tech team, we should be able to hold them to under 24 points.

Don't want to see:

I don't want to see more than 4 punts. Simply no reason for us to punt the ball that much.

I don't want to see pressure with 3 DL. If they rush 3, I want Will to have all damn day to throw the ball.

I don't want to see the 3-8 defense and us refuse to run the ball.

Those are mine, what are yours?

dawgman15
09-02-2021, 12:44 PM
Want to see:

A W

Don't want to see:

A L

parabrave
09-02-2021, 12:46 PM
No interceptions, no sacks and more RTGDFB.

HancockCountyDog
09-02-2021, 01:15 PM
Want to see:

A W

Don't want to see:

A L

If we lose to La Tech at home, this will be Leach's last opening game in Starkville. That just isn't possible. A 10 point game? Possible.

BayouDawg
09-02-2021, 01:17 PM
I finally have internet down here on the bayou after Ida raped us.
I will be in Starkville Saturday and I want to see a competent looking offense with better flow.

Defense I want to see us control the line of scrimmage and continuously in the backfield.

sleepy dawg
09-02-2021, 01:29 PM
Want to see:
I'd like to see us win by 21 or more. La Tech should suck. No reason for this game to be close.
I want to see us moving the ball very efficiently, no matter what kind of defense they're running. I hope they run some 3-8 zone against us and its just completely irrelevant to us.

What I don't want to see:
3 tech defensive linemen getting pressure on our qb as if they were blitzing every play.

StarkVegasSteve
09-02-2021, 01:30 PM
If we lose to La Tech at home, this will be Leach's last opening game in Starkville. That just isn't possible. A 10 point game? Possible.

You apparently missed where Leach lost back to back years to Eastern Washington when he was at Wazzou.

EDIT: my bad it was Portland St. one year and Eastern Washington the next.

TrapGame
09-02-2021, 01:34 PM
* I want to see a ground game. Combined 150 from Marks and Johnson should do it.
* I want to see Will make good decisions with the ball, no strip-sack fumbles or interceptions.
* I want to see our WR corp do some work and make the catches.
* Lastly, I want to see our defense just about dominate their offense.

Matt3467
09-02-2021, 01:35 PM

Unless something really bad happens (Leach personal life) no way I see us firing a coach in year 2 twice in a row.

FISHDAWG
09-02-2021, 01:38 PM
Maroon Jerseys, Maroon helmets with white face mask, and White Pants ..... and over 40 points under the "HOME" score

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2021, 01:38 PM
I want to see perfection. Anything less is complete & utter failure

HancockCountyDog
09-02-2021, 01:39 PM
You apparently missed where Leach lost back to back years to Eastern Washington when he was at Wazzou.

EDIT: my bad it was Portland St. one year and Eastern Washington the next.

We ain't Wazzu.

Maverick91
09-02-2021, 01:55 PM
I want to see our team having complete ownership of both sides of the ball. I don't mind having close games with SEC teams, I mind us having close games with teams that ARE inferior to us in literally every single way. Top dawgs aren't bothered with the little dudes, we are in a top dawg conference, top dawg income, we recruit to be competitive at an upper tier level and we have a very proven coach. I want to see a team that exemplifies these things.

Louisiana Tech - no disrespect to you, but, you shouldn't even be on the same playing field as State.

I hope our boys have that mentality.

I do not want to see anything less than the above.

Catfish
09-02-2021, 01:57 PM
I want to see our team having complete ownership of both sides of the ball. I don't mind having close games with SEC teams, I mind us having close games with teams that ARE inferior to us in literally every single way. Top dawgs aren't bothered with the little dudes, we are in a top dawg conference, top dawg income, we recruit to be competitive at an upper tier level and we have a very proven coach. I want to see a team that exemplifies these things.

Louisiana Tech - no disrespect to you, but, you shouldn't even be on the same playing field as State.

THIS !!!

TrapGame
09-02-2021, 02:05 PM

YEP!

Like UCLA totally dominated Hawaii.

OLJWales
09-02-2021, 02:30 PM
I wanna see 10 tons of give a shit

starkvegasdawg
09-02-2021, 03:28 PM
In my best Dennis Leary voice:

I want to see a blowout, ok. I want La Tech players lining up to drink the Jim Jones koolaid due to being beaten so badly. I want to see our offense racing up and down the field like it's Daytona. You know why? Three words...Mike 17ing Leach. That's right. We got the Pirate. I want him to take that team and force them to walk the plank. I want him to turn their cheerleaders into his personal wenches.

Catfish
09-02-2021, 03:33 PM

I want to see a blowout, ok. I want La Tech players lining up to drink the Jim Jones koolaid due to being beaten so badly. I want to see our offense racing up and down the field like it's Daytona. You know why? Three words...Mike 17ing Leach. That's right. We got the Pirate. I want him to take that team and force them to walk the plank. I want him to turn their cheerleaders into his personal wenches.

Ha Ha Ha !!! I love this !!!

Maverick91
09-02-2021, 03:43 PM

Ouch!

TrapGame
09-02-2021, 04:15 PM

Oh Hell Yeah!!!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CorruptForcefulFlies-size_restricted.gif

MaroonFlounder
09-02-2021, 05:22 PM
Here are mine:

The improved OL play I keep hearing about.

Where are you hearing that? I've heard the O-Line are still a MAJOR work-in-progress. Maybe that's coachspeak. Maybe it's because our defense is really good and we are deep everywhere but CB. Charles Cross is the only one that will start at a position he has started before. Some major shuffling has happened. They are still figuring some things out.

Coach34
09-02-2021, 06:19 PM
Want to see- 30 rushes

Do not want to see- 60 passes

Bass Chaser
09-02-2021, 06:39 PM
I want to see perfection. Anything less is complete & utter failure

Then this game will be a failure for you.

TNDawg35
09-02-2021, 11:19 PM
No pick 6's...

CaptainObvious
09-03-2021, 12:02 AM
No pick 6's...

Well that is going to disappoint Forbes because he led the nation in pick 6?s last year.

BulldogBear
09-03-2021, 09:04 AM
Do not want to see the dreaded co-starter bullet to the skull of your season tactic. Oh, too late.

Catfish
09-03-2021, 11:08 AM
Take care of the football. Good drives up and down the field. Fired up defense. Consistently. Leach with a clipboard !!!!

TaleofTwoDogs
09-03-2021, 06:14 PM
No Mullenz shorts on the sideline.

Apoplectic
09-03-2021, 08:36 PM
27-10

Rush for 110

Westdawg
09-03-2021, 10:37 PM

Am I the only one literally reading those words inside my head hearing the voice of Dennis Leary?!?!