PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Season and beyond

Maverick91
09-02-2021, 10:03 AM
I have always wondered if we actually had gotten Cam that year where we would have landed. I always thought that we would have won the west at least and at best won the SEC and been in the conversation for national title invite.

-We would have beaten Auburn I feel as if handedly.
-We would have beaten LSU in their house. the biggest thing against Mullen is his Offense couldn't move the ball against the big dawgs (LSU, Bama) Cam would have eliminated that, at least enough to give us a shot at winning.
- Bama Again I think Cam that year would have eliminated the putridness of our Offense and our D would have been able to compete.
- We would not have lost to Arkansas.

So, I think at worst we would have been 11-1 with a loss to Bama. I just don't think we would have lost to LSU. Bama would have been at best 9-3 LSU 10-2. We would have won the west and played a good South Carolina team for the SEC. We win that and it is down to the BCS computers.

That being the case, I have always wondered if that would have propelled us, or if it would have done to us what it did to Chizik, and I honestly just don't know. I still think Chizik would have been fired in the 2012 season.

because we went 6-6 in 2011 and did okay in 2012, would we have given Mullen extra grace that Auburn didn't give Chizik?

Captain Falcon
09-02-2021, 11:17 AM
It's a bit of a Catch 22. If we get Cam and have that monster season in 2010, I can't imagine we still hang onto Mullen for another 7 years. Just thinking of all the major jobs that had turnover in the early 2010's, he would have been a far more serious candidate for some BIG jobs if he had made us an 11 or 12 win team in just 2 years.

StarkVegasSteve
09-02-2021, 11:31 AM
You're also assuming that we would've gotten the same preferential treatment that Auburn got when the NCAA got wind of Cecil shopping Cam. You're being naive if you don't think the NCAA would've hammered us.

Maverick91
09-02-2021, 11:35 AM
You're also assuming that we would've gotten the same preferential treatment that Auburn got when the NCAA got wind of Cecil shopping Cam. You're being naive if you don't think the NCAA would've hammered us.

No, I thought about that. If that was the case we probably would have gotten the death penalty knowing State's relationship with the NCAA, I was going best case, we get slapped on the forehead like they did.

StarkVegasSteve
09-02-2021, 11:44 AM
No, I thought about that. If that was the case we probably would have gotten the death penalty knowing State's relationship with the NCAA, I was going best case, we get slapped on the forehead like they did.

Best case for us would've been to give Bracky a one year paid vacation to a remote island. He can come back after Cam is in the NFL.

KOdawg1
09-02-2021, 12:03 PM
I'd trade getting hammered by the NCAA for a national championship, but maybe that's just me.