PDA

View Full Version : Former MSU HC quotes or one liners

R2Dawg
09-01-2021, 08:20 PM
Just thinking about a few from some past coaches. I'll start a few

JWS "Mississippi"

JWS "that is a big, big plus"

JWS "#3 has an ankle"

Croom "the only color that matters is maroon" great line for the moment he was in, like him or not as HC.

Leach gotta have some he says alot idk? Anyone?

KOdawg1
09-01-2021, 08:45 PM
"Point the thumb, not the finger."

"Pound sand, kick rocks."

"They'll have to drag my Yankee ass out of here."

-SloMo

R2Dawg
09-01-2021, 08:47 PM

-SloMo

No doubt right up there as the most notable negative quotes in MSU history.

BeardoMSU
09-01-2021, 08:57 PM
Croom "the only color that matters is maroon" great line for the moment he was in, like him or not as HC.

Yeah, it was a nice quote, I suppose...but I do wish other things also mattered to him....

...such as fielding a competent offense, QB development, giving a shit about recruiting, bringing in a competent OC, not burning RS's in meaningless moments, caring more about MSU than the ghost of Bear Bryant, self reflection, being a leader, taking the blame, not throwing your players under the bus every chance you got, not throwing the university under the bus when they fired you after 4 years of faithful ineptitude, etc., etc.

I'm glad he opened the doors for all the other black HC's to be hired that followed...but I wish we could've hired one of them instead, lol.

Maroonthirteen
09-01-2021, 09:20 PM
"I'm not sure what happened today." Croom said flippantly post game 2008 Egg Bowl. I knew he was toast at that moment.

"We gonna win the SEC.". Emory Bellard 1985? SEC Media day. He was laughed at later but he meant well.

Hambone
09-01-2021, 09:52 PM
Winston Churchill say…..

TrapGame
09-01-2021, 10:14 PM
"I looked at their film and knew we were gonna lose this game." - Croom after losing to Maine.

"Zzzzzzzzzzzz" - Croom asleep on a recruit's sofa.

BeardoMSU
09-01-2021, 10:24 PM
"I looked at their film and knew we were gonna lose this game." - Croom after losing to Maine.

Lol, a couple of zingers for sure.

There should honestly be zero nostalgia directed at that man on our parts (all the teams that skull ****ed our brains in sure did love him, though...). He was a self-serving douche that never thought we were good enough for him. He never took responsibility for anything, and burned every bridge on his way out the door. Screw him.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-01-2021, 11:37 PM
Bob Tyler "Do your thing."

CaptainObvious
09-02-2021, 12:19 AM
?I need to see strain!?

?I want relentless effort?

?Play with relentless effort?

?They have no idea what is about to take this field!?

Mjoelner34
09-02-2021, 07:39 AM
Conversation on live radio years ago when fans could call in right after the game.
This was after we laid an egg at Auburn one afternoon.
Caller: Coach, I just want you to know that State teams of the past wouldn't have gone in and played like that.
Jackie: I don't give a shit about how past teams played.
Caller2: Coach, did I hear you say you didn't give a shit how we played?
Jackie: No. I said said I didn't give a shit how past teams played!

Me and my roommate were staring at the radio laughing our asses off!

KOdawg1
09-02-2021, 07:49 AM
I don't have the exact quote, but Brewer called JWS a "habitual liar" and Jackie responded with something to the effect of, "He can't spell habitual."

William Tecumsah Sherman
09-02-2021, 07:49 AM
Guys?can y?all believe there used to be a call in show after the games? Lol! Seems in unbelievable nowadays

Mjoelner34
09-02-2021, 07:56 AM
Another one from the call-in after we beat the brakes off of Tulane. Some elderly lady called in chewing out Jackie for running up the score and continuing to throw the ball.
Jackie: Ma'am, they had 11 people at the line of scrimmage. Did you want me to punt on 1st down?

FriarsPoint
09-02-2021, 08:18 AM
Bob Tyler "Do your thing."

Lets win something today.

Lord McBuckethead
09-02-2021, 09:01 AM

-SloMo

the first one, he never did it.
The second - we did.
The third - we did.

This guy had a stupid ass saying for everything. Not cool like Ted Lasso. Just pathetic, cause as we found out, he didn't subscribe to any of them.

TrapGame
09-02-2021, 09:06 AM
The second - we did.
The third - we did.

This guy had a stupid ass saying for everything. Not cool like Ted Lasso. Just pathetic, cause as we found out, he didn't subscribe to any of them.

I think he got soft between Fordham and us. There's no way he had the same coaching philosophy at Fordham and had that kind of success. No way.

Lord McBuckethead
09-02-2021, 09:07 AM
Mullen: "We don't talk about injuries. WE DON'T TALK ABOUT INJURIES! Dammit, alright this is the end of media time, I have shit to do."

Lord McBuckethead
09-02-2021, 09:08 AM
Another one from the call-in after we beat the brakes off of Tulane. Some elderly lady called in chewing out Jackie for running up the score and continuing to throw the ball.
Jackie: Ma'am, they had 11 people at the line of scrimmage. Did you want me to punt on 1st down?

One of my favorite moves in college football was when LSU started kneeling on the ball in the third quarter against Mississippi.
Great 17n BOSS move.

BeardoMSU
09-02-2021, 09:11 AM
The second - we did.
The third - we did.

Lol.

TrapGame
09-02-2021, 09:16 AM
Not a quote or saying, more of a statement about season openers.

https://www.si.com/.image/t_share/MTc1MTQ4ODc2Mzg5NDI2Mjcx/mullen-shorts.jpg

Commercecomet24
09-02-2021, 09:20 AM

There should honestly be zero nostalgia directed at that man on our parts (all the teams that skull ****ed our brains in sure did love him, though...). He was a self-serving douche that never thought we were good enough for him. He never took responsibility for anything, and burned every bridge on his way out the door. Screw him.

Yep. Couldn't have been said any better.

BeardoMSU
09-02-2021, 09:22 AM
Not a quote or saying, more of a statement about season openers.

https://www.si.com/.image/t_share/MTc1MTQ4ODc2Mzg5NDI2Mjcx/mullen-shorts.jpg

https://c.tenor.com/OGnSJR8UHmAAAAAM/dan-mullen-dan.gif

Commercecomet24
09-02-2021, 09:22 AM
I don't have the exact quote, but Brewer called JWS a "habitual liar" and Jackie responded with something to the effect of, "He can't spell habitual."

Amazing Brewer could say that about anyone when he was so crooked he had to screw his socks on.

LC Dawg
09-02-2021, 11:49 AM
Dan Mullen: "Merry Christmas, shitter's full".

It was glorious seeing all the pearl clutching from the Confederates that day. They were so happy that they had a great man of God running their program.

BeardoMSU
09-02-2021, 12:01 PM
Dan Mullen: "Merry Christmas, shitter's full".

It was glorious seeing all the pearl clutching from the Confederates that day. They were so happy that they had a great man of God running their program.

Man of the cloth? More like man of the masseuse table.**

BrunswickDawg
09-02-2021, 12:08 PM
Conversation on live radio years ago when fans could call in right after the game.
This was after we laid an egg at Auburn one afternoon.
Caller: Coach, I just want you to know that State teams of the past wouldn't have gone in and played like that.
Jackie: I don't give a shit about how past teams played.
Caller2: Coach, did I hear you say you didn't give a shit how we played?
Jackie: No. I said said I didn't give a shit how past teams played!

Me and my roommate were staring at the radio laughing our asses off!

That call in show was pure GOLD.

OLJWales
09-02-2021, 12:11 PM

Awesome.

BrunswickDawg
09-02-2021, 12:12 PM
https://c.tenor.com/OGnSJR8UHmAAAAAM/dan-mullen-dan.gif

Ugh. I drove thru Hurricane Hermine after a Thursday night HS football game in Orlando to bring my daughter up for honor band weekend to witness that BS.

OLJWales
09-02-2021, 12:15 PM
One of my favorite moves in college football was when LSU started kneeling on the ball in the third quarter against Mississippi.
Great 17n BOSS move.

Would watch that again

OLJWales
09-02-2021, 12:24 PM

Lol, I miss those spittin matches tween Dog Brewer and Da Kang. "Habitual winner" was a reply too regarding Dog calling JWS a habitual liar. Anybody remember Brewer crying "we were deceived!" After we whooped dat ass and they didn't get a bowl invite?

OLJWales
09-02-2021, 12:25 PM
Limited to football? "Well, that's baseball"

R2Dawg
09-02-2021, 01:14 PM
You guys have delivered some great ones, keep em coming. Just thought of couple more.

Mullen after a dismal showing and loss was it to USA on last FG? Mullen, "Well, 50% of teams lost today" Right up there with Moorhead right there.

Joe with his Bob from Bogochita comment, forget how that went. Anyone?

R2Dawg
09-02-2021, 01:17 PM

Agree with that, he thought he was better than us but he ain't. MSU made Mullen.

R2Dawg
09-02-2021, 01:19 PM
Yeah, it was a nice quote, I suppose...but I do wish other things also mattered to him....

...such as fielding a competent offense, QB development, giving a shit about recruiting, bringing in a competent OC, not burning RS's in meaningless moments, caring more about MSU than the ghost of Bear Bryant, self reflection, being a leader, taking the blame, not throwing your players under the bus every chance you got, not throwing the university under the bus when they fired you after 4 years of faithful ineptitude, etc., etc.

I'm glad he opened the doors for all the other black HC's to be hired that followed...but I wish we could've hired one of them instead, lol.

Agree did not like how Croom finished. He really threw MSU under the bus. We have a bad coach a chance for 5 years, Joe only got 2. He should be grateful. Croom seems like a good guy but like Moorhead, neither were ready for the pressure cooker.

TrapGame
09-02-2021, 01:23 PM
"Clear your mantle off for a Heisman." - Moorhead, just off the plane, to Fitz.

"Quickest install I've ever had for this offense." - Moorhead after his first Spring w/ a starting QB that barely took snaps in practice.

BeardoMSU
09-02-2021, 01:28 PM
"Clear your mantle off for a Heisman." - Moorhead, just off the plane, to Fitz.

"Quickest install I've ever had for this offense." - Moorhead after his first Spring w/ a starting QB that barely took snaps in practice.

I forgot about the 2nd one. Wow.

parabrave
09-02-2021, 11:42 PM
Guys?can y?all believe there used to be a call in show after the games? Lol! Seems in unbelievable nowadays

I used to love those esp with JWS and Jack.. And the Drive of the game will be the drive back to Tupelo/

FISHDAWG
09-03-2021, 08:23 AM
Not an MSU coach but back when Lou Holtz was at South Carolina remnants from some hurricane was passing through that week and they played the game in some wet weather ... SC lost that game and in the interview afterwards some idiot reporter snidely asked Lou if he ever thought of practicing in the previous days of bad weather to prepare for the game they just lost ... without missing a beat Lou shot back that they were fast but not fast enough to out run lightning ... I almost fell off the couch

BeardoMSU
09-03-2021, 08:52 AM
My favorite Rick Ray quote...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/ScQE18WF7A6sdHQ9vYBuhJlzGrOaSv3vmMxichvos3GOJiIMqC buLt6W009HbgveATyAYCMzPVzuBYYXSNlJPzA4TitIIJ34SuGq __n8JnuIuFK5sto

NYDawg
09-03-2021, 09:17 AM
"They don't have any idea what's about to take this field tonight." - Dan Mullen, pregame talk to the team before stunning LSU in 2014

"It's time for the Sonic Drive of the Game...And perhaps, as far as I'm concerned, the drive of the game may be my drive home from Starkville to Tupelo." - Jack Cristil (not a coach, but a great one liner immediately following Croom's last game)

99jc
09-03-2021, 09:42 AM
"They don't have any idea what's about to take this field tonight." - Dan Mullen, pregame talk to the team before stunning LSU in 2014

"It's time for the Sonic Drive of the Game...And perhaps, as far as I'm concerned, the drive of the game may be my drive home from Starkville to Tupelo." - Jack Cristil (not a coach, but a great one liner immediately following Croom's last game)

When i heard crystal say that i almost wrecked my car. i have never forgot that.

Rick Danko
09-03-2021, 09:51 AM
After the bowl game last year

Interviewer: ?What?s your message to the team after having seen that?

Leach: ?Ah, don?t do it anymore?

tcdog70
09-03-2021, 10:07 AM
Ole Emory had some

1. he is a rolling ball of butcher knives.
2. he is quicker than a hic-up
3 you can't hem hem him up in a phone booth.
4 we will throw our hat in the ring

once in a meeting with him he said " we went through them like shit through a goose"