PDA

View Full Version : Grey Alternate jersey for this year

KOdawg1
09-01-2021, 01:23 PM

Yikes. That's pretty bad. It looks like the 2005 Russell jersey dipped in grey. Who is signing off on this?

jacksondawg
09-01-2021, 01:26 PM
I don't know but whoever it is should fired. That might be the worst jersey I've ever seen.

Extendedcab
09-01-2021, 01:26 PM
What ever happened to our actual school colors - Maroon and White?

KOdawg1
09-01-2021, 01:28 PM
What ever happened to our actual school colors - Maroon and White?

I actually don't mind when we venture into other colors like grey, silver, or black. But it has to be done right. This wasn't done right. This literally took 30 seconds to design and they rolled with it. Adidas sucks.

Todd4State
09-01-2021, 01:28 PM
It's MSU's tribute to Quik Stop.

FISHDAWG
09-01-2021, 01:41 PM
save it for the Bama game for when it won't matter anyway**

BeardoMSU
09-01-2021, 01:44 PM
https://c.tenor.com/wgCgL3GMnD8AAAAC/team-america.gif

BeardoMSU
09-01-2021, 01:46 PM
Adidas's attempt at a retro confederate uniform? ffs that is awful.

ScoobaDawg
09-01-2021, 01:56 PM
That is just plain horrible.

StarkVegasSteve
09-01-2021, 02:06 PM
They're not great to say the least. Adidas definitely didn't even try with these, which is sad because they knocked the throwbacks and the all blacks out of the park last year. If we went White/Grey/White with it I think we could save the look. UCF uses that scheme a lot.

BulldogDX55
09-01-2021, 02:10 PM
I'm not normally one to complain about uniforms but...yikes.

It's not exactly ugly, it's just so incredibly low effort that it almost feels like a prank.

Cowbell
09-01-2021, 02:23 PM

Yikes. That's pretty bad. It looks like the 2005 Russell jersey dipped in grey. Who is signing off on this?

Please tell us Cohen had you float this idea through here first...

dawgman15
09-01-2021, 02:25 PM
An adidas sponsored school has never won a CFB playoff game

ZedFedder
09-01-2021, 02:26 PM
Turrible

Irondawg
09-01-2021, 02:30 PM
I?m one that enjoys most of our gray uniforms - I love the basketball and baseball ones.

As mentioned these are bland and low effort with zero design appeal

BHildreth3
09-01-2021, 02:35 PM
Good grief Adidas. If you are putting this out, just spell STATE. Here I fixed it for you. @#$#$#

Sorry couldn't post the image, but just think STATE (white text, maroon outline)

FISHDAWG
09-01-2021, 02:56 PM
Adidas's attempt at a retro confederate uniform? ffs that is awful.

Think Maybe Adidas has us confused with another school in Mississippi ?

gtowndawg
09-01-2021, 03:16 PM
Available exclusively at the West Point Wal-Marts!

Lord McBuckethead
09-01-2021, 03:25 PM
I don't know but whoever it is should fired. That might be the worst jersey I've ever seen.

Alright, just off the top of my head here are the XX reasons why these 17n Fn suck:

1. We don't and have not worn Grey as an alternate color uniform.
2. Retro should have included Miss. State across the chest. That stupid M State logo looks stupid almost everywhere they use it, especially in the center of the chest.
3. I like the number on the sleaves, but literally everything else is wrong.
4. Grey uniforms shouldnt be throw backs. Maroon, yes, white yes. Grey no. They are cool as an alterante, but "retro" 17 NO.
5. I like the fact that they are not the super stretch fabric, but it should be old school mesh.
6. I would like to add another reference to Grey not being a retro color for us.

Whomever green lit this as our "throw back" should be reprimanded. I don't care if it is Mark Keenum.

Lord McBuckethead
09-01-2021, 03:26 PM
I'm not normally one to complain about uniforms but...yikes.

It's not exactly ugly, it's just so incredibly low effort that it almost feels like a prank.

Its almost as bad as the over-alls version of Nebraska/Wisconsin the other day. Surely this is a joke.

Turfdawg67
09-01-2021, 04:31 PM
Look at those powerhouse schools!

Hot Rock
09-01-2021, 04:46 PM
Why do people care so much about uniforms these days. If they wear it in the Bama game and win I will scream wear them every damn week.

Dawgfan77
09-01-2021, 05:06 PM
Why do people care so much about uniforms these days. If they wear it in the Bama game and win I will scream wear them every damn week.

You want to know how Oregon got good at football all of the sudden back in the early 00?.... uniforms! Sure nike dumped some money but when they started changing those uniforms up all of the sudden kids from all over wanted to play for them.
So yeah good combos for uniforms help

BeardoMSU
09-01-2021, 05:19 PM
You want to know how Oregon got good at football all of the sudden back in the early 00?.... uniforms! Sure nike dumped some money but when they started changing those uniforms up all of the sudden kids from all over wanted to play for them.

Absolutely. I've been as big a fan of our alternant uni's as anyone, but these flat out suck. And as Turfdawg points out above, none of these schools pictured are "powerhouses", so why should they give af? It reminds me of a couple years back when Adidas designed literally the exact same concept for us and A&M, but with different logos. Literally the EXACT same. They just don't try anymore.

Maverick91
09-01-2021, 05:49 PM

Playing devils advocate on this one. Bama, Auburn, Clemson, FSU, Ohio State, Southern Cal, Texas, Oklahoma... All the Blue Bloods most do not do alternates, the most I have seen is Ohio State do black numbers, maybe a gray jersey here and there. But for the most part, they don't. They are true to their colors and their traditions. I don't mind an occasional all maroon or all black, but these gimmick jerseys could go and I don't think we would miss a beat. They certainly don't.

was21
09-01-2021, 05:53 PM
BTW, neither does OM

Lord McBuckethead
09-01-2021, 05:55 PM
Playing devils advocate on this one. Bama, Auburn, Clemson, FSU, Ohio State, Southern Cal, Texas, Oklahoma... All the Blue Bloods most do not do alternates, the most I have seen is Ohio State do black numbers, maybe a gray jersey here and there. But for the most part, they don't. They are true to their colors and their traditions. I don't mind an occasional all maroon or all black, but these gimmick jerseys could go and I don't think we would miss a beat. They certainly don't.

They don?t need uniform alternates. They are already winners.

Maverick91
09-01-2021, 05:59 PM
They don?t need uniform alternates. They are already winners.

Yeah, that's my point they could have easily made some. But, they stick true to who they are. Nebraska and Wisconsin and Iowa don't do it. I think just using Oregon as a point that it works is not a good argument. Way more was pumped into that team than just uniform upgrades.

KOdawg1
09-01-2021, 06:17 PM
I don't think anyone thinks uniforms will win or lose us a game. No one is arguing that.

But if we're gonna win or lose, I'd rather look good doing it. Since the Croom years, our uniforms and branding have been inconsistent, at best.

Dawgfan77
09-01-2021, 07:35 PM

Know what Oregon and all of those have in common.... nothing. Oregon was lower than Washington state before they changed up uniforms. Can't compare those programs that have history with Oregon.
You want to do something different at state get cool uniforms

Dawgfan77
09-01-2021, 07:36 PM
BTW, neither does OM
False they have the reds, whites, blue, powder blue and grays.

Hot Rock
09-01-2021, 08:32 PM
Sounds like a bunch p****s to me worrying about how they look rather than how they play.

The reason Oregon started winning was the NIKE money. It had nothing to do with the uniforms. If that was it, Maryland would have had similar success. They did it to another level and they were all the rage. Meanwhile, Bama and their plain Jane Uni's are kicking ass. Why? Money and the right coach. I

parabrave
09-02-2021, 01:22 AM
That is just plain horrible.

At least we are not NCSTATE. Who designed their Jersey Bill Veck?

PS Bill Veck was the Owner of the Oakland A's and the Whit Sox and was known for outlandish uniforms.

William Tecumsah Sherman
09-02-2021, 06:05 AM
Give me the script State or interlocking MSU decal on the helmet and I love what we have now.

Maroonthirteen
09-02-2021, 07:10 AM
I wonder if other schools have so many fans that dislike said schools main logo.

It's amazing how many State fans bitch about the MState logo.

KOdawg1
09-02-2021, 07:20 AM
I wonder if other schools have so many fans that dislike said schools main logo.

It's amazing how many State fans bitch about the MState logo.

It's amazing how ugly it is.

I don't mind it as our official school logo. Put it on a water tower. Fine. But it looks like ass on a helmet. People would blow their shit if we put it on a baseball hat.

msudawg1200
09-02-2021, 07:23 AM
At least we are not NCSTATE. Who designed their Jersey Bill Veck?

PS Bill Veck was the Owner of the Oakland A's and the Whit Sox and was known for outlandish uniforms.

Veeck actually owned the old St.Louis Browns, Indians, and then the White Sox. He was known more for his outlandish publicity stunts to gain fan interest(sending a midget up to bat, exploding scoreboard fireworks, and disco demolition night)than crazy uniforms. He did, however, dress the Sox in shorts in 1976. Charlie O. Finley is the A's owner you are thinking of. He created the green and gold uniforms the A's are known for changing from blue and red.

Santiago
09-02-2021, 07:50 AM
The Don Smith era of silver uniforms would be a much much better retro color and style.

Maroonthirteen
09-02-2021, 07:52 AM
MState is a much better logo than diagonal letters. the Nike MSU logo was nothing special.

People associate the Nike MSU with Sherrill. The MState with Croom. However the MState is a much better logo.

Also the best version of the MState logo is the maroon M with white banner. I'm glad we are using that particular MState now. It looks ok on the maroon helmet and great on the white helmet. But it should be enlarged on the white helmet. The best use of the logo was the Croom era when it was larger and distinctive with a maroon stripe and face mask.

Santiago
09-02-2021, 08:01 AM
MState is a much better logo than diagonal letters. the Nike MSU logo was nothing special.

People associate the Nike MSU with Sherrill. The MState with Croom. However the MState is a much better logo.

Also the best version of the MState logo is the maroon M with white banner. I'm glad we are using that particular MState now. It looks ok on the maroon helmet and great on the white helmet. But it should be enlarged on the white helmet. The best use of the logo was the Croom era when it was larger and distinctive with a maroon stripe and face mask.

deleted

Santiago
09-02-2021, 08:33 AM
The Banner Mstate is awful for sports logos. I get it for using on campus, etc, but it is not a good look on a helmet or sports gear. We have done well with the success of "Hail State", so using a version of that with "State" or Hail State on that jersey instead of Banner Mstate seems to look way better.
Flying M is even unique for a game or two and goes along with the air raid if that becomes successful.

Maroonthirteen
09-02-2021, 09:05 AM
The Banner Mstate is awful for sports logos. I get it for using on campus, etc, but it is not a good look on a helmet or sports gear. We have done well with the success of "Hail State", so using a version of that with "State" or Hail State on that jersey instead of Banner Mstate seems to look way better.
Flying M is even unique for a game or two and goes along with the air raid if that becomes successful.

Flying M and MState are damn near the same logo. Except MState incorporates the word "State", which is good for branding.....as you stated above.