PDA

View Full Version : Miss. State women's basketball with 3 on Preseason All-SEC...World Exposure Report

jdelta02
08-29-2021, 08:57 AM
World Exposure Report (SEC Women's Basketball)

Preseason All-Conference First Team
Rhyne Howard, Kentucky
Aliyah Boston, South Carolina
Moon Ursin, LSU
Rickea Jackson, Mississippi State
Zia Cooke, South Carolina
Anastasia Hayes, Mississippi State
Rae Burrell, Tennessee
Shakira Austin, Ole Miss

Preseason All-Conference Second Team
Lavender Briggs, Florida
Jenna Staiti, Georgia
LaShondra Monk, Ole Miss
Aijha Blackwell, Missouri
Jessika Carter, Mississippi State
Jordan Horston, Tennessee
Destanni Henderson, South Carolina
Khayla Pointer, LSU

Quaoarsking
08-29-2021, 09:17 AM
No excuses for Nikki this year. Barely making it into the tournament as a bubble seed is fireable, and not making it all means she shouldn't be allowed to finish out the season.

On the other hand, if she's even an average coach we should contend to be a top 16 team and host.

msugolf
08-29-2021, 11:34 AM
I?m convinced you?re either Ms Cohen or someone else emotionally tied to WBB

NCMSTFAN
08-29-2021, 02:01 PM
No excuses for Nikki this year. Barely making it into the tournament as a bubble seed is fireable, and not making it all means she shouldn't be allowed to finish out the season.

On the other hand, if she's even an average coach we should contend to be a top 16 team and host.

The talent is definitely there so I agree, no excuses this year. I personally think we will be alot better. But the SEC as a whole has gotten better too so it won't be easy

captaindog
08-29-2021, 06:44 PM
World Exposure Report (SEC Women's Basketball)

Preseason All-Conference First Team
Rhyne Howard, Kentucky
Aliyah Boston, South Carolina
Moon Ursin, LSU
Rickea Jackson, Mississippi State
Zia Cooke, South Carolina
Anastasia Hayes, Mississippi State
Rae Burrell, Tennessee
Shakira Austin, Ole Miss

Preseason All-Conference Second Team
Lavender Briggs, Florida
Jenna Staiti, Georgia
LaShondra Monk, Ole Miss
Aijha Blackwell, Missouri
Jessika Carter, Mississippi State
Jordan Horston, Tennessee
Destanni Henderson, South Carolina
Khayla Pointer, LSU

The key is going to be finding a consistent outside shooter. All of the All-SEC players listed are best around the basket. That could clog things up fast.

CaptainObvious
08-29-2021, 08:43 PM
Wait! Women play sports? When did that happen?

Captain Falcon
08-30-2021, 09:44 AM
A lot of damage has already been done with the fan base. Last season was a total disaster beyond belief. Cannot imagine the fan support and enthusiasm is going to be anywhere close to what it was in Vic?s last year or two.

Dawgology
08-30-2021, 10:21 AM
After watching that train wreck last year of virtue signaling while delivering nothing in the court I think I?ll pass. It will take a lot to recover from the damage done to the women?s basketball program last year. I would imagine it will be a couple seasons (if ever) before you see the level of fan engagement that the program once had.

jdelta02
08-30-2021, 12:41 PM
The key is going to be finding a consistent outside shooter. All of the All-SEC players listed are best around the basket. That could clog things up fast.

Keep an eye on Tulane transfer Jerkaila Jordan (37% 3 point, 71% free throw...2020-21 season at Tulane) as a perimeter threat as well as an all around threat. Temple transfer Ashley Jones (51 3 pointers at 33%, 80% free throw...2019-20..Temple) is a another proven perimeter shooter. Aislyn Hayes knocked down 45 3 pointers at about 30% for Middle Tennessee State last season....keep an eye on her as well. Also, freshman Jasmine Shavers : noted perimeter shooter/scorer on the high school level. Rickea Jackson has shown perimeter flashes at times. So has Myah Taylor.

Couple others...Catterion Thompson and Alasia Hayes. (Note) C. Thompson shot the 3 pointer exceptionally well at Ohio U..arrived at Miss. State as a.highly thought of 3 point shooter, but yet to transition that over.

WSOPdawg
08-30-2021, 05:21 PM
After watching that train wreck last year of virtue signaling while delivering nothing in the court I think I?ll pass. It will take a lot to recover from the damage done to the women?s basketball program last year. I would imagine it will be a couple seasons (if ever) before you see the level of fan engagement that the program once had.

Agree 100%

somebodyshotmypaw
08-30-2021, 05:25 PM

That’s fair and accurate. Don’t piss on me and tell me it’s raining. Our coach needs to learn that.

Ari Gold
08-31-2021, 05:14 PM
I’m guessing Coach Nik wasn’t pre season coach of the year ?? **