PDA

View Full Version : Dang Neb....

basedog
08-28-2021, 03:08 PM
Don't think Frost will be at Neb much longer.

msstate7
08-28-2021, 03:16 PM
Recruiting there is gonna be tough. Perhaps it's time to go get navy or army's head coach, and get back to their roots, triple option. I really hope they do bc I love college football having some option teams in P5

basedog
08-28-2021, 03:26 PM
Recruiting there is gonna be tough. Perhaps it's time to go get navy or army's head coach, and get back to their roots, triple option. I really hope they do bc I love college football having some option teams in P5

I’m not sure about them now days.

BulldogBear
08-28-2021, 03:32 PM
Don't think Frost will be at Neb much longer.

If Martinez, who must be in his mid 30s by now, can play QB at the same school since about Y2K or so and have 4-5 post graduate degrees, then surely they can keep Frost around a little longer****

BulldogBear
08-28-2021, 03:36 PM

They have the same problem Tennessee has. Rely on National recruiting but all the things that used to give them the necessary advantage, such as a big stadium and being on TV, are gone because everybody has those things now. It is why neither will ever be elite again. Ever.

msstate7
08-28-2021, 03:46 PM
Scott frost has brain damage from his playing days. He ran it at the goal line twice effectively making sure he'd have no time left on the clock. Frost, you haven't been able to run all day, and you decided to do it more.

BrunswickDawg
08-28-2021, 03:54 PM
Ole Bert back where he belongs - Big 10.
I like Bielema - he just wasn't a fit at Arky

chef dixon
08-28-2021, 03:56 PM
If Martinez, who must be in his mid 30s by now, can play QB at the same school since about Y2K or so and have 4-5 post graduate degrees, then surely they can keep Frost around a little longer****

He has been there a while, but they had a Taylor Martinez maybe 10 years ago that kind makes you feel like that's all they ever had

Maroonthirteen
08-28-2021, 03:57 PM
They have the same problem Tennessee has. Rely on National recruiting but all the things that used to give them the necessary advantage, such as a big stadium and being on TV, are gone because everybody has those things now. It is why neither will ever be elite again. Ever.

This ^^^. Tom Osborne had a pipeline to Los Angeles. I can't remember what exactly closed that pipeline..... Prop48 or entrance requirements.... but until the find another pipeline to big city talent... Nebraska will be a tough place to win.

coachnorm
08-28-2021, 04:39 PM
Everything in football has a shelf life whether it is a player or coach. One day you were good and the next day you're not. There are young guns that are paying their dues and working their way up the food chain in the coaching profession. If they worked their way up the food chain, they ate up someone to get there.

BeardoMSU
08-28-2021, 05:11 PM
Ole Bert back where he belongs - Big 10.
I like Bielema - he just wasn't a fit at Arky

Yep. I like him too. Hope he has success there.

Wonder if he's still married to the same bird he had while at Arky...

ZedFedder
08-28-2021, 06:07 PM
I agree that Bielema will be successful. He wasn’t entirely terrible his whole time at Arkansas either if I remember right.

BeardoMSU
08-28-2021, 06:21 PM
He wasn’t entirely terrible his whole time at Arkansas either if I remember right.

I mean he lost way more game than he won, but a shit ton of them were really close. He just wasn't a fit there, especially given the conference he was in. At least he beat OM, lol.

TrapGame
08-28-2021, 06:38 PM
I mean he lost way more game than he won, but a shit ton of them were really close. He just wasn't a fit there, especially given the conference he was in. At least he beat OM, lol.

Yeah, he had Dan beat in 2016? (I think) but we won on a last second FG.

TrapGame
08-28-2021, 08:01 PM
Just read Frost has a $20 million buyout until Jan 1st when it goes down to $5 million.

OLJWales
08-28-2021, 08:46 PM
Just read Frost has a $20 million buyout until Jan 1st when it goes down to $5 million.

Wasn't he that guy that did such a great job down in Florida it's a directional School? Wasn't he's supposed to be the next hot thing?

TrapGame
08-28-2021, 09:25 PM
Wasn't he that guy that did such a great job down in Florida it's a directional School? Wasn't he's supposed to be the next hot thing?

Yeah, from UCF. He was the next big thing. He wasn't ready for prime time. The Nebraska fans on Reddit want him gone. This is his fourth year and he lost to a first year coach at a program that's been a dumpster fire for ten years.

Homedawg
08-28-2021, 09:31 PM

They actually are way worse than tenn. they have zero recruiting base. None. Back when they were good, they roided up every lineman and made due. Then recruited all their skill guys from la ( meaning LA not Louisiana) and fla. they were a brand back then. Heck, we have as good a chance to get those guys now as Nebraska. Which is zero. They are done. Is what it is
ETA the right guy can "win" at tenn again you can define win for yourself. But the comparison isn't equal at all!

TUSK
08-29-2021, 12:24 AM

this

Dawgfan77
08-29-2021, 07:22 AM
Yeah, he had Dan beat in 2016? (I think) but we won on a last second FG.

In 16... they didn't punt.... kicked our ass. In 15 we blocked a FG to win

TrapGame
08-29-2021, 08:38 AM

Sirmon defense. I forgot.

OLJWales
08-29-2021, 10:23 AM
Lived in Memphis from late 80's thru 1999. I enjoy UIT's frustration cuz they earned it. Screw the Vols

WPS
08-29-2021, 10:36 AM

He started out like 0-14 in the SEC but after that was pretty competitive for 2-3 years before it fell off again. I think from 2014-16 Arkansas had the most close, 4th quarter losses of any other P5 team. He almost beat Alabama in 2014 but lost 14-13 due to a missed extra point. And in 2015 Arkansas finished 3rd in the West which is still the highest since 2011 but he somehow lost OOC games that year to Toledo and Texas Tech so he only finished 8-5 when it should have been more like 10-3.

Jack Lambert
08-29-2021, 05:30 PM

I remember when Nebraska use to brag about guys passing on scholarships to other schools to walk on at Nebraska.

Choctaw Dawg
08-29-2021, 05:38 PM
Man in the 90's every coach in the midwest was running the I formation and had kids on those teams that dreamed of playing for Nebraska. Just amazing how things change

BulldogBear
08-30-2021, 04:25 PM
Sirmon defense. I forgot.

Yeah, I was at that TE Hell game in Starkville 2016. Seemed like 24 different Piggy TEs got a catch. TE TD 1-2 per quarter if felt like.