PDA

View Full Version : Minshew Traded

SteelCurtain74
08-28-2021, 09:34 AM
To the Eagles. Does that say more about the Eagles lack of confidence in their back ups of in Hurts?

OLJWales
08-28-2021, 09:39 AM
Hope it works out for Gardner. Has a college coach ever put 2 QB's in the NFL from the same high school?

ShotgunDawg
08-28-2021, 09:57 AM
To the Eagles. Does that say more about the Eagles lack of confidence in their back ups of in Hurts?

Minshew is better than Hurts. I expect he'll be starting by week 5

Cowbell
08-28-2021, 12:06 PM
Minshew is better than Hurts. I expect he'll be starting by week 5

Terrible move by Jacksonville- they will regret this

Big4Dawg
08-28-2021, 12:19 PM
So much wrong in this thread.

Minshew was awful last year.
Hurts is was better than Minshew.
Unless Lawrence got hurt, minshew wasn?t going to play.

Cowbell
08-28-2021, 12:24 PM

Not many rookie QBs have started 17 games in a row...

msstate7
08-28-2021, 12:25 PM

Not sure I follow this. This is Lawrence's team. If Lawrence doesn't pan out, they're screwed anyway

Tbonewannabe
08-28-2021, 12:33 PM

Minshew has career stats almost identical to Baker Mayfield. Jacksonville was just flaming garbage and had a horrific Oline and WRs last year. Not a lot of QBs would have done much there.

Cowbell
08-28-2021, 04:01 PM
Not sure I follow this. This is Lawrence's team. If Lawrence doesn't pan out, they're screwed anyway

It is gonna be a long road for Lawrence to get through this year - Having a back up quarterback that is at least decent is very valuable in this league.

Dawgfan77
08-28-2021, 04:30 PM

You proved AGAIN you know nothing. Gardener was injured most of all last year. But carry on....

msstate7
08-28-2021, 05:07 PM
During the saints preseason game vs Jaguars, the announcers said minshew was wanting to start. He wasn't gonna start for Jacksonville, so he probably pushed for a trade.

Lord McBuckethead
08-28-2021, 07:40 PM
You proved AGAIN you know nothing. Gardener was injured most of all last year. But carry on....
Exactly. Gardner was not their problem. Jacksonville?s problem is management has one foot in and one foot out. Bad management and a refusal to build and pay for it.

Homedawg
08-28-2021, 09:09 PM

What? He's gonna be the qb of the future w lawerence there??

Homedawg
08-28-2021, 09:11 PM
It is gonna be a long road for Lawrence to get through this year - Having a back up quarterback that is at least decent is very valuable in this league.

To do what? Win a game? If they lose w Lawrence so what? They just get a better pick next year. Your point is not well thought out

Big4Dawg
08-28-2021, 09:35 PM

He?s healthy now and won?t beat out Hurts.

Cowbell
08-28-2021, 10:26 PM
To do what? Win a game? If they lose w Lawrence so what? They just get a better pick next year. Your point is not well thought out

They traded him for a sixth round pick One of the best 5-6 backup qbs in the league in my opinion. What if Lawrence gets hurt in the first couple of weeks of the season. The dude has hardly been touched the last 4 years. And the cowboys should have been first in line to pickup Minshew because they don't have a backup.

Dawgfan77
08-29-2021, 07:28 AM
He?s healthy now and won?t beat out Hurts.

You stated he was terrible last year and I informed you he was hurt in other words he didn't play much at all last year.
He may not beat out Hurts, but he wasn't terrible last year is my point.

OLJWales
08-29-2021, 07:46 AM
Exactly. Gardner was not their problem. Jacksonville?s problem is management has one foot in and one foot out. Bad management and a refusal to build and pay for it.

Amazing how so many can predict Minshow and Rogers after rookie seasons..

somebodyshotmypaw
08-30-2021, 08:18 PM
I’m hearing Jacksonville may have been tiring of some of Minshew’s antics. He dances to the beat of his own drummer, and maybe wasn’t the leader and film junkie you expect from a QB.