PDA

View Full Version : Actual college football today at 12

msstate7
08-28-2021, 07:43 AM
Nebraska (-7) at Illinois

It's here!

William Tecumsah Sherman
08-28-2021, 07:54 AM
Best time of year! Watched some high school football last night! Let?s go!

FISHDAWG
08-28-2021, 08:40 AM

It's here!

Thanks 7 ... I very well might have missed this game... appreciate the heads up

BeardoMSU
08-28-2021, 08:50 AM
How many more shitty seasons will it take for Nebraska fans to realize its not the 1990's anymore?

Hambone
08-28-2021, 09:02 AM
The same amount of seasons it will take Tennessee

TrapGame
08-28-2021, 09:02 AM
A real, live college football game.

I've got the tingles.

msstate7
08-28-2021, 09:16 AM
How many more shitty seasons will it take for Nebraska fans to realize its not the 1990's anymore?

Big season for them and frost. I really thought Frost wouldve been much better

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-28-2021, 11:20 AM
Big season for them and frost. I really thought Frost wouldve been much better

It just goes to show that there's more to coaching success than just being a good coach. what he did worked amazingly well at UCF but has fallen flat in Nebraska. Personnel, recruits, whether the existing team buys into your cliches or thinks they're stupid, etc. A great coach finds what works wherever he goes, clearly Frost needs more stars to align for him to have success.

The top 2 guys that hiring cycle were Frost and Kelly. In distant 3rd was Mullen. Funny how even the most obvious seeming stuff can be wrong. Just like how we wanted Schloss and Lemo was underwhelming... hopefully we remember next coaching search not to view it in absolute terms, because truth is nobody knows

Dawgology
08-28-2021, 11:39 AM
It just goes to show that there's more to coaching success than just being a good coach. what he did worked amazingly well at UCF but has fallen flat in Nebraska. Personnel, recruits, whether the existing team buys into your cliches or thinks they're stupid, etc. A great coach finds what works wherever he goes, clearly Frost needs more stars to align for him to have success.

The top 2 guys that hiring cycle were Frost and Kelly. In distant 3rd was Mullen. Funny how even the most obvious seeming stuff can be wrong. Just like how we wanted Schloss and Lemo was underwhelming... hopefully we remember next coaching search not to view it in absolute terms, because truth is nobody knows

So true. For most hires it?s best guess supported by some stats that may mean nothing

DownwardDawg
08-28-2021, 11:45 AM

It's here!

Thanks!!!

Offshore Dawg
08-28-2021, 12:49 PM
Can't get it in the NOLA area, local fox station telling the dumbasses to leave because of the hurricane that is coming.

MetEdDawg
08-28-2021, 02:39 PM
Scott Frost may not get to go home in the plane today. Between the recruiting violations, this offense looking brutal, and them getting blown up by Illinois right now, Frost might not make it to the end of the season at this rate.

msstate7
08-28-2021, 02:41 PM
Scott Frost may not get to go home in the plane today. Between the recruiting violations, this offense looking brutal, and them getting blown up by Illinois right now, Frost might not make it to the end of the season at this rate.

If this holds up, I'd fire him after the game. The main reason is Martinez is the exact player he was when frost got there. Frost hasn't developed him or replaced him... if you're gonna win with offense like frost wants to do, you can't win if you can't develop/recruit qbs

TrapGame
08-28-2021, 02:47 PM
Frost is a fired coach walking if he loses this game.

msstate7
08-28-2021, 03:20 PM
Gotta admit, I like bielema at Illinois. I think he's gonna be successful there... not winning the big10 successful, but 8 wins a year successful

Quaoarsking
08-28-2021, 11:39 PM
Gotta admit, I like bielema at Illinois. I think he's gonna be successful there... not winning the big10 successful, but 8 wins a year successful

I'll just come right out and say it - Bielema is an above average coach and Arkansas shouldn't have fired him.

WPS
08-29-2021, 10:17 AM
I'll just come right out and say it - Bielema is an above average coach and Arkansas shouldn't have fired him.

When he?s focused he?s not bad but his drinking got the best of him at Arkansas and it started to spiral out of control toward the end. Definitely better than Morris was though. Sam Pittman leaving for Georgia is when things started to sour, got frustrated at Bielema for not taking it seriously enough and going on beach vacations with Jen.