PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs were is our humanity. First time in my lifetime I am

R2Dawg
08-25-2021, 09:14 PM
saddened and disappointed in My University. My family is 3 generations of Bulldogs. Got one daughter there now and another probably on the way unless this continues to spiral.

MSU has lost it's care for people. Freshmen in the dorm that get Covid are kicked out in the streets and out of class with no way to do school. In some majors that could fail you for the semester. Not only that but many will be homeless and living out of their cars. Heck let Rice Hall be opened for a Covid ward if that is what it takes.

Where is our humanity? Do we really treat our fellow brothers and sisters like this? A freshman in college is hard enough.

Take the FAMILY BS out at MSU slogans if this is who we are now. This ain't how you treat family. Really disappointed in Keenum's leadership.

This is not a Covid/Vaccine thread. This is about treating people respectfully and humanely and caring about others. Yes I know the stunt is about trying to force kids to take a vaccine that is only 40% effective against a virus that doesn't even hurt kids.

OLJWales
08-25-2021, 09:19 PM
In

Cowbell
08-25-2021, 10:27 PM
Following
Keenum has never been a leader. He is a soft politician.

BeardoMSU
08-25-2021, 10:50 PM
a vaccine that is only 40% effective

Lol, you say this after saying this isn't a "vaccine thread". Jesus.

starkvegasdawg
08-25-2021, 10:56 PM
I thought we had a motel we housed them in while they quarantined. Did we stop that after the last spike?

Lord McBuckethead
08-26-2021, 12:53 AM
95% of all Covid Patients in the entire state are unvaccinated. Tell 17n lies somewhere else.

Lord McBuckethead
08-26-2021, 01:07 AM
I thought we had a motel we housed them in while they quarantined. Did we stop that after the last spike?

We did last year. I would imagine the numbers are way too high to do it this year.

The vaccine is free. It has been available since damn April. 5.04 billion doses have been put into arms. 5.04 billion over the course of 9 months.

Get the shot. Or don?t. Totally up to you. You get COVID and you will be asked to leave class and campus. It will impact your grades. I feel like everyone has been upfront with this. Same with requiring a vaccine card to enter the stadium.

As far as being kicked out into the streets, I would assume the freshmen would just go home. Or figure it out like an adult. You act like an 18 year old is a 7 year old.

The consequences for not getting the vaccine and booster are going to become more and more abrupt as the vaccine keeps kicking ass out there. And I say bring on the restrictions.

Lord McBuckethead
08-26-2021, 01:08 AM
Plus you have to imagine every hotel in the area is booked for football this year as opposed to last year.

Cowbell
08-26-2021, 05:44 AM
We did last year. I would imagine the numbers are way too high to do it this year.

The vaccine is free. It has been available since damn April. 5.04 billion doses have been put into arms. 5.04 billion over the course of 9 months.

Get the shot. Or don?t. Totally up to you. You get COVID and you will be asked to leave class and campus. It will impact your grades. I feel like everyone has been upfront with this. Same with requiring a vaccine card to enter the stadium.

As far as being kicked out into the streets, I would assume the freshmen would just go home. Or figure it out like an adult. You act like an 18 year old is a 7 year old.

The consequences for not getting the vaccine and booster are going to become more and more abrupt as the vaccine keeps kicking ass out there. And I say bring on the restrictions.

Why should there be penalties for students who test positive when plenty of people who are getting covid have had the vaccine. Most of the people that I know who have gotten it lately are actually vaccinated.

Maroonthirteen
08-26-2021, 06:07 AM
And I say bring on the restrictions.

THe policy........................Regardless if you are vax v unvax, if you get covid, you are removed from class, residents and must quarantine. However, policy states to notify your instructors and it is an excused absence. I am sure the instructors will help the student keep up.

Also, vaccinated are spreading and getting covid. I personally know a teacher that was fully vaccinated and got a bad case first week of school. IF you want to come down on people and judge them for their choice to be vaccinated, prepare to be judged when you pick up covid at a football game.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-26-2021, 06:17 AM
So how are the vaccine papers to access stadiums supposed to do something to stop the spread of Covid when they allow people with one vaccine shot, even if administered just before walking into the stadium, to go in? Will they still allow tailgating? If so, do you have to show vaccine status for that? What about the dog walk?

Its ok to be pro vaccine but at the same time question the protocols.

dawgoneyall
08-26-2021, 06:40 AM
Why should there be penalties for students who test positive when plenty of people who are getting covid have had the vaccine. Most of the people that I know who have gotten it lately are actually vaccinated.

True.

That 95% is BS.

But....most (not all) hospitalizations are the un vaxxed. Most deaths are the unvaxxed. So....get the vaccination.

I think the Lord helped plan the Afgan pull out.

Cowbell
08-26-2021, 07:18 AM
True.

That 95% is BS.

But....most (not all) hospitalizations are the un vaxxed. Most deaths are the unvaxxed. So....get the vaccination.

I think the Lord helped plan the Afgan pull out.

Yes it's all in revelations

starkvegasdawg
08-26-2021, 07:41 AM
Also, vaccinated are spreading and getting covid. I personally know a teacher that was fully vaccinated and got a bad case first week of school. IF you want to come down on people and judge them for their choice to be vaccinated, prepare to be judged when you pick up covid at a football game.

I'm home right now Covid positive and fully vaxed.

chef dixon
08-26-2021, 07:55 AM
The original studies for the vaccine never said you cannot get COVID. The data was always about reducing severe cases/hospitalizations/deaths. Its easy to short sight this and make it seem like the vaccine is not worth anything, but the spill over effect into the hospitals in the state is really ugly.

Maverick91
08-26-2021, 08:04 AM

How are you doing?

StarkVegasSteve
08-26-2021, 08:57 AM
So what happens to a student that gets COVID and is fully vaccinated? Does the university work with them or are they just SOL as well. I believe it is a personal choice to get it or not but if you have gotten it and still get COVID, which is very possible, I fail to see how the university can kick you out and say that it was your fault you got it.

Extendedcab
08-26-2021, 09:05 AM

This is Nazi tactics! Do this, do that or we will load you on a rail car and ship you off to Auschwitz! I am not anti-vaccine as I have taken the vaccine - both me and my wife and all of our grown children! It was a choice that was right for us! What I am against is the government forcing citizens to do something that may be against their beliefs. Sine both vaccinated and unvaccinated can still get the damn virus and pass it on to others, the ONLY advantage of getting the vaccine is - from what I have read, is the severity of the illness if you get it. So, in summary, the vaccine does NOTHING to prevent the spread of the virus, it only limits the severity.

Tbonewannabe
08-26-2021, 09:15 AM
The original studies for the vaccine never said you cannot get COVID. The data was always about reducing severe cases/hospitalizations/deaths. Its easy to short sight this and make it seem like the vaccine is not worth anything, but the spill over effect into the hospitals in the state is really ugly.

Exactly, my wife works in the health industry and I work with a guy whose wife works in the cardiac unit of a hospital. Almost all of the cases severe enough to get put on a respirator are unvaccinated people. There are always cases that are outliers but nothing in life is typically 100%.

My mom almost died this week from a broke leg and infection. The Iuka emergency room took a little while to find a hospital in Northeast MS/Northwest AL that actually had an available bed. Tupelo is sending patients to other hospitals because they are full. My mom will not be able to do rehab in the location she has done before because of no room due to Covid.

This isn't some guy on Facebook spouting off bullshit. I will gladly talk to anyone about my first hand information and not some guy that you knew 20 years ago in high school giving you facts on Facebook.

Tbonewannabe
08-26-2021, 09:20 AM
This is Nazi tactics! Do this, do that or we will load you on a rail car and ship you off to Auschwitz! I am not anti-vaccine as I have taken the vaccine - both me and my wife and all of our grown children! It was a choice that was right for us! What I am against is the government forcing citizens to do something that may be against their beliefs. Sine both vaccinated and unvaccinated can still get the damn virus and pass it on to others, the ONLY advantage of getting the vaccine is - from what I have read, is the severity of the illness if you get it. So, in summary, the vaccine does NOTHING to prevent the spread of the virus, it only limits the severity.

I agree with most of this however, I had to get vaccines to attend MSU. Not sure how this is different if they require students to get the vaccine to attend. If you can't get the vaccine then they should be able to have a medical document explaining why they can't take it. Every person on this message board has had vaccines at some point in their life if they attended a public educational institution.

Extendedcab
08-26-2021, 09:38 AM
I agree with most of this however, I had to get vaccines to attend MSU. Not sure how this is different if they require students to get the vaccine to attend. If you can't get the vaccine then they should be able to have a medical document explaining why they can't take it. Every person on this message board has had vaccines at some point in their life if they attended a public educational institution.

I think the main difference between now and in years past is this COVID vaccine does not prevent you from becoming infected and in years past the vaccines we took - polio and others did.

BrunswickDawg
08-26-2021, 09:39 AM

The government has been requiring vaccinations for decades. Same thing with quarantines and other public health measures designed to limit out breaks of deadly diseases. Virtually everyone on this board was required to be vaccinated for about a dozen diseases prior to starting kindergarten. I guess we should just go back to letting mumps, measles, polio, diphtheria, etc. run wild. Let's do away with health and safety inspections at restaurants and grocery stores so I can enjoy my e coli the way God intended. I'm also going to request that our county government eliminate Mosquito Control so I can get yellow fever or West Nile Virus and watch 10% of the population of the city I live in die like they did in 1876. I'll also petition for a name change to our local Quarantine Island - because it offends me that in the 1800s and early 1900s, crews from all foreign ships were forced, FORCED I tell you, to be quarantined to keep disease low in our port city. Disease, plague and pestilence for all!!!!

Johnson85
08-26-2021, 10:10 AM

It's only different in how long the vaccines have been out before becoming mandatory versus the severity of the disease. While MRNA tech isn't new, to my knowledge there haven't been any vaccines with it so people are understandably concerned about whether there might be long term, unknown effects.

For the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, I don't think it is different, but I'm not positive. The only new vaccine I can remember recently was the one for HPV. And there was a stink about making that mandatory, which some states did I think pretty quickly (I know it hurt Rick Perry in his campaign; his argument was that making it mandatory ensured it was covered by insurance, and then there was an opt out procedure). I'm not sure how long it has typically taken to get from the development of a vaccine to it being made mandatory, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is usually done within a couple of years, so with not much better long term data than we have now. And we basically have a new flu vaccine every year, and I'm not sure the Johnson and Johnson is really different. Probably a little more likely to have adverse effects from the stress of your immune response, so probably more dangerous, but once you get through that initial response (which we do have data on, if imperfect), I don't know why there would be any particular concern about long term, unknown effects that wouldn't be there for say the flu vaccine. Not saying their isn't, but it's basically the same technology as far as I understand it.

Catfish
08-26-2021, 10:14 AM
The government has been requiring vaccinations for decades. Same thing with quarantines and other public health measures designed to limit out breaks of deadly diseases. Virtually everyone on this board was required to be vaccinated for about a dozen diseases prior to starting kindergarten. I guess we should just go back to letting mumps, measles, polio, diphtheria, etc. run wild. Let's do away with health and safety inspections at restaurants and grocery stores so I can enjoy my e coli the way God intended. I'm also going to request that our county government eliminate Mosquito Control so I can get yellow fever or West Nile Virus and watch 10% of the population of the city I live in die like they did in 1876. I'll also petition for a name change to our local Quarantine Island - because it offends me that in the 1800s and early 1900s, crews from all foreign ships were forced, FORCED I tell you, to be quarantined to keep disease low in our port city. Disease, plague and pestilence for all!!!!

And Chicken Pox. Still remember having that. Scratching and itching.

Tbonewannabe
08-26-2021, 10:16 AM
It's only different in how long the vaccines have been out before becoming mandatory versus the severity of the disease. While MRNA tech isn't new, to my knowledge there haven't been any vaccines with it so people are understandably concerned about whether there might be long term, unknown effects.

For the Johnson and Johnson vaccine, I don't think it is different, but I'm not positive. The only new vaccine I can remember recently was the one for HPV. And there was a stink about making that mandatory, which some states did I think pretty quickly (I know it hurt Rick Perry in his campaign; his argument was that making it mandatory ensured it was covered by insurance, and then there was an opt out procedure). I'm not sure how long it has typically taken to get from the development of a vaccine to it being made mandatory, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is usually done within a couple of years, so with not much better long term data than we have now. And we basically have a new flu vaccine every year, and I'm not sure the Johnson and Johnson is really different. Probably a little more likely to have adverse effects from the stress of your immune response, so probably more dangerous, but once you get through that initial response (which we do have data on, if imperfect), I don't know why there would be any particular concern about long term, unknown effects that wouldn't be there for say the flu vaccine. Not saying their isn't, but it's basically the same technology as far as I understand it.

Just pointing out that a guy named Johnson is commenting on the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Break off some of that pharma money for us an Oline specific NIL.

BeardoMSU
08-26-2021, 10:16 AM
And Chicken Pox. Still remember having that. Scratching and itching.

I vaguely remember having to take an oatmeal bath....that ring any bells, or was my mom just nuts, lol?

Catfish
08-26-2021, 10:26 AM
I vaguely remember having to take an oatmeal bath....that ring any bells, or was my mom just nuts, lol?

Yes, took oatmeal baths for the itching and my grandma made us take a tablespoon of cod liver oil.

Maroonthirteen
08-26-2021, 10:31 AM
So what happens to a student that gets COVID and is fully vaccinated? Does the university work with them or are they just SOL as well. I believe it is a personal choice to get it or not but if you have gotten it and still get COVID, which is very possible, I fail to see how the university can kick you out and say that it was your fault you got it.

https://www.msstate.edu/covid19/students/guidance

Lord McBuckethead
08-26-2021, 10:35 AM

Dude, I hope you recover quickly and keep the exposure to only you.

Do you gentlemen not understand the 95% efficacy rate and how that works. Do you also not understand that coverage could and now does wane over time? Neither have ever been contradicted by someone that supports the vaccine.

Here is the brass tax people. Scientist deal in facts of the moment they are gathered. They do not have to be 100% completely 17n correct at all times. Regardless, the scientist dealing with COVID vaccines and involved in protecting the welfare of our citizens is light years more functional and correct than the naysayers. People try to hold them to some 100% correct standard, that is laughable. But they said mask are not useful and then they said they were...... Cry me a river.

So scientist do not have to be correct 100% of the time, and just because they were temporarily incorrect on one thing doesn't mean they are completely full of shit on other items.

We know infinitely more now than we did when this thing started.

Lord McBuckethead
08-26-2021, 10:41 AM
I think the main difference between now and in years past is this COVID vaccine does not prevent you from becoming infected and in years past the vaccines we took - polio and others did.

Different viruses different long term vaccine responses. This is what we have. And with 5,040,000,000 doses given, there shouldn't be any hold outs due to questions at this point.
There are other vaccines in the work that are taken through nose sprays that will keep you from contracting the virus. Until they are available, this is best we have and its the best we are going to have.
Either way, it is clear the vaccine keeps you out of the hospital. Why chance the dang high cost of going into an American Hospital.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-26-2021, 10:46 AM

Those are immunizations, not vaccines. Almost 100% of the US has those immunizations, but only about 50% get the flu vaccine.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-26-2021, 10:55 AM
Different viruses different long term vaccine responses. This is what we have. And with 5,040,000,000 doses given, there shouldn't be any hold outs due to questions at this point.
There are other vaccines in the work that are taken through nose sprays that will keep you from contracting the virus. Until they are available, this is best we have and its the best we are going to have.
Either way, it is clear the vaccine keeps you out of the hospital. Why chance the dang high cost of going into an American Hospital.

At UMMC, out of 131 inpatients with Covid, 68% are unvaccinated. What was that number months ago? Closer to 90%? Hmmm...

There are also anti-body treatments for unvaccinated that are showing great results and keep people out of the hospital. From the medical people I know, whether people are vaccinated or not, people are not seeking treatment because they think the vaccine will save them or they don't know about the treatments mentioned above.

Where's the scientific data on vaccine immunity vs natural immunity and the length of time you are protected? It seems to be changing with the minute and now discussions of a 6 month booster are needed.

Coach34
08-26-2021, 10:55 AM
A) Taking the vaccine does not keep you from getting C19. It does however help with the severity.

B) We also have some great therapeutics in ivermectin and hydroxychloroquin. More studies are coming out showing this. Big Tech makes them harder to find- but they are there. A friend of mine had his wife get it. So did he after she tested positive. He never got tested. Got some ivermectin from the tractor supply place and was fine.

C) We are going to be in a constant state of panic push from the media and govt leaders until after the midterms.

D) Cases is not the concern. It's hospitalizations and deaths. A large number of asymptomatic cases are never even discovered.

Extendedcab
08-26-2021, 10:56 AM
Those are immunizations, not vaccines. Almost 100% of the US has those immunizations, but only about 50% get the flu vaccine.

They were all vaccines!

Vaccination and immunization are related, although one describes an action while the other describes a process.

CDC Definition:

1) Vaccination is the act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease.
2) Immunization is a process by which a person becomes protected against a disease through vaccination.

Coach34
08-26-2021, 10:57 AM
At UMMC, out of 131 inpatients with Covid, 68% are unvaccinated. What was that number months ago? Closer to 90%? Hmmm...

There are also anti-body treatments for unvaccinated that are showing great results and keep people out of the hospital. From the medical people I know, whether people are vaccinated or not, people are not seeking treatment because they think the vaccine will save them or they don't know about the treatments mentioned above.

Where's the scientific data on vaccine immunity vs natural immunity and the length of time you are protected? It seems to be changing with the minute and now discussions of a 6 month booster are needed.

Good post. Antibody treatments are going well

Cowboydawg
08-26-2021, 10:57 AM
Dude, I hope you recover quickly and keep the exposure to only you.

Do you gentlemen not understand the 95% efficacy rate and how that works. Do you also not understand that coverage could and now does wane over time? Neither have ever been contradicted by someone that supports the vaccine.

Here is the brass tax people. Scientist deal in facts of the moment they are gathered. They do not have to be 100% completely 17n correct at all times. Regardless, the scientist dealing with COVID vaccines and involved in protecting the welfare of our citizens is light years more functional and correct than the naysayers. People try to hold them to some 100% correct standard, that is laughable. But they said mask are not useful and then they said they were...... Cry me a river.

So scientist do not have to be correct 100% of the time, and just because they were temporarily incorrect on one thing doesn't mean they are completely full of shit on other items.

We know infinitely more now than we did when this thing started.

So give us the statistics and facts that support a perfectly healthy 18-20 year old getting vaccinated.

MaroonFlounder
08-26-2021, 11:00 AM
95% of all Covid Patients in the entire state are unvaccinated. Tell 17n lies somewhere else.

How do you know that % is correct? The MEDIA tells lies. THEY are the ones with the agenda.

MaroonFlounder
08-26-2021, 11:04 AM
They were all vaccines!

Vaccination and immunization are related, although one describes an action while the other describes a process.

CDC Definition:

1) Vaccination is the act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease.
2) Immunization is a process by which a person becomes protected against a disease through vaccination.

1) It's not working. Thousands of fully vaccinated people are getting COVID or the DELTA variant/.

BeardoMSU
08-26-2021, 11:06 AM
B) We also have some great therapeutics in ivermectin and hydroxychloroquin. More studies are coming out showing this. Big Tech makes them harder to find- but they are there. A friend of mine had his wife get it. So did he after she tested positive. He never got tested. Got some ivermectin from the tractor supply place and was fine.

https://i.imgur.com/Nd1rwFm.gif?noredirect

MaroonFlounder
08-26-2021, 11:07 AM
Either way, it is clear the vaccine keeps you out of the hospital.

Not entirely correct. As of late last week, 3 of the ICU patients at UMC were FULLY VACCINATED.

BeardoMSU
08-26-2021, 11:11 AM
Not entirely correct. As of late last week, 3 of the ICU patients at UMC were FULLY VACCINATED.

A couple of number comparisons...

https://images.fastcompany.net/image/upload/w_596,c_limit,q_auto:best,f_auto/wp-cms/uploads/2021/08/Screen-Shot-2021-08-18-at-8.22.28-AM.png

https://images.fastcompany.net/image/upload/w_596,c_limit,q_auto:best,f_auto/wp-cms/uploads/2021/08/Screen-Shot-2021-08-18-at-8.22.45-AM.png

BeardoMSU
08-26-2021, 11:13 AM

Also to add...

https://www.axios.com/unvaccinated-hospitalized-covid-60dc90ba-b123-45d4-868b-14ca22b9f214.html

https://www.wsfa.com/2021/08/23/94-alabama-covid-19-deaths-among-unvaccinated/

https://abcnews.go.com/US/vast-majority-icu-patients-covid-19-unvaccinated-abc/story?id=79128401

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/08/10/us/covid-breakthrough-infections-vaccines.html

BeardoMSU
08-26-2021, 11:21 AM
Vaccines? Na, don't trust 'em.....but give me that equine de-wormer purchased from the local co-op.**

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/texas-sees-spike-in-poison-calls-for-horse-and-cow-dewormer-ivermectin-despite-fda-warning/287-57a97ba4-ea7a-42b7-adda-e8618b35d9fd

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/23/1030208101/mississippi-livestock-drug-ivermectin-covid-misinformation

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210823/stop-using-ivermectin-veterinary-drug-to-treat-covid-fda-urges

MaroonFlounder
08-26-2021, 11:25 AM
I had to get vaccines to attend MSU. Not sure how this is different if they require students to get the vaccine to attend.

It's different because those vaccines you took back in the day went through YEARS of clinical trials. This one has not.

Coach34
08-26-2021, 11:31 AM
Ivermectin is recommended by a large number of physicians with studies to back it up

https://c19ivermectin.com/

Cowboydawg
08-26-2021, 11:31 AM

This. The vaccine was built up like a cure but the narrative has constantly changed. What happened to get the vaccine to save other people?s lives. Get the vaccine and you don?t have to wear as mask anymore. Get the vaccine so you won?t get Covid. Fact is nobody knew. So expect the unexpected.

From the last outbreak until the new outbreak?why were we blindsided? Why weren?t hospitals fully staffed anticipating another surge? Why wasn?t there a bigger focus on equipping family practitioners to treat it? Why are people still leaving the doctors office covid positive with no plan of treatment. Focus should have been on treatment. Everybody should have access to the antibody treatment by now.

You can take a diet pill to lose weight but actually treating it with diet and exercise is more effective in the long run. But we can push this diet pill and make a lot more money.

BeardoMSU
08-26-2021, 11:33 AM
Ivermectin is recommended by a large number of physicians with studies to back it up

Where in that link does it say get your dosages, packaged as a horse de-wormer, from the local tractor supply store?

Coach34
08-26-2021, 11:33 AM
Hydroxy studies:

https://c19hcq.com/

ScoobaDawg
08-26-2021, 11:34 AM

Mississippi gonna Mississippi.

MaroonFlounder
08-26-2021, 11:39 AM
This. The vaccine was built up like a cure but the narrative has constantly changed. What happened to get the vaccine to save other people?s lives. Get the vaccine and you don?t have to wear as mask anymore. Get the vaccine so you won?t get Covid. Fact is nobody knew. So expect the unexpected.

From the last outbreak until the new outbreak?why were we blindsided? Why weren?t hospitals fully staffed anticipating another surge? Why wasn?t there a bigger focus on equipping family practitioners to treat it? Why are people still leaving the doctors office covid positive with no plan of treatment. Focus should have been on treatment. Everybody should have access to the antibody treatment by now.

You can take a diet pill to lose weight but actually treating it with diet and exercise is more effective in the long run. But we can push this diet pill and make a lot more money.

BINGO.

I felt like I had gotten COVID. I got the test. I was positive. The CLINIC got their positive test and I was sent home with no meds or treatment. They didn't care. Were they told not to care to help push the vaccine? We are all test subjects.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-26-2021, 11:42 AM
Well it's obvious that what's going on in Afghanistan is the result of the unvaccinated. If you would just get your shot, Biden wouldn't have been distracted and maybe not botched our exit...

MrCoachKlein
08-26-2021, 11:43 AM

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/israeli-scientist-says-covid-19-could-be-treated-for-under-1day-675612

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8101859/

DownwardDawg
08-26-2021, 11:49 AM
saddened and disappointed in My University. My family is 3 generations of Bulldogs. Got one daughter there now and another probably on the way unless this continues to spiral.

MSU has lost it's care for people. Freshmen in the dorm that get Covid are kicked out in the streets and out of class with no way to do school. In some majors that could fail you for the semester. Not only that but many will be homeless and living out of their cars. Heck let Rice Hall be opened for a Covid ward if that is what it takes.

Where is our humanity? Do we really treat our fellow brothers and sisters like this? A freshman in college is hard enough.

Take the FAMILY BS out at MSU slogans if this is who we are now. This ain't how you treat family. Really disappointed in Keenum's leadership.

This is not a Covid/Vaccine thread. This is about treating people respectfully and humanely and caring about others. Yes I know the stunt is about trying to force kids to take a vaccine that is only 40% effective against a virus that doesn't even hurt kids.

Doesn't hurt kids????? You haven't paid much attention.

BeardoMSU
08-26-2021, 11:54 AM
https://www.jpost.com/health-science/israeli-scientist-says-covid-19-could-be-treated-for-under-1day-675612

I just read the article in the second link. They note the limitations in their sample size, the dosage size given, the number of dosages given, etc. Read the last paragraph of the discussion.

They basically state that with a SINGLE dose, based on the weight of the patient, symptoms such as coughing, breathing labor, and blood-cell counts COULD BE improved, but was still inconclusive as to how much for how long.

Coach34
08-26-2021, 11:55 AM
Doesn't hurt kids????? You haven't paid much attention.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1191568/reported-deaths-from-covid-by-age-us/

2/3 of the deaths are 65-older

only 361 deaths our of 614,000 17 and under- and lots of those had co-morbidities.

BeardoMSU
08-26-2021, 11:58 AM

Unfortunately, the first link you gave doesn't provide the actual study it discusses (unless I missed it somewhere), so I couldn't read it fully, unfortunately.

Something did, however, stick out to me in the article...

"The study appeared on the MedRxiv health-research sharing site. It has not yet been peer reviewed."

SheltonChoked

That's only true if the kids are not vaccinated.... If they are vaccinated, https://www.msstate.edu/covid19/vaccine/faq

However, there are several benefits to receiving the COVID-19 vaccine. These include:

You would not have to quarantine if you are fully vaccinated and show no symptoms after being exposed to someone with COVID-19.

And the vaccine is much more than 40% effective vs Covid...

If you decide not to get the MMR vaccine, they won't let you in school, at all in Mississippi....

DownwardDawg
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1191568/reported-deaths-from-covid-by-age-us/

only 361 deaths our of 614,000 17 and under- and lots of those had co-morbidities.

I understand. But read some of my posts about my son. 21 years old and as healthy as an SEC athlete. Never misses a workout. Almost ended up in the hospital. It's the sickest he's ever been. He's perfectly fine now though.

BeardoMSU
08-26-2021, 12:03 PM

I understand. But read some of my posts about my son. 21 years old and as healthy as an SEC athlete. Never misses a workout. Almost ended up in the hospital. It's the sickest he's ever been. He's perfectly fine now though.

Yep.

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/covid-19-impacting-children-teens-more-than-any-other-age-group-in-florida/

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/25/pediatric-covid-hospitalizations-surge-to-highest-on-record-in-us-as-doctors-brace-for-more.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2021/08/20/alabama-sets-new-record-for-kids-hospitalized-with-covid/?sh=6bf9624a73f1

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/child-covid-19-hospitalizations-new-high-august-2021-n1277119

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/08/13/children-hospitalizations-covid-delta/

SheltonChoked
08-26-2021, 12:07 PM

How many people in the US died Of Measles in 1962, before the Measles vaccine? Mumps? Rubella? What is the effectiveness of that vaccine? How many shots/boosters does it take?

How many died of Hepatitis pre vaccine? Diphtheria? Chickenpox?

Now tell me how being mandatory vs "severity of the disease"....

Link for those too lazy to look it up.
https://www.cdc.gov/measles/about/history.html

In the decade before 1963 when a vaccine became available, nearly all children got measles by the time they were 15 years of age. It is estimated 3 to 4 million people in the United States were infected each year. Also each year, among reported cases, an estimated 400 to 500 people died, 48,000 were hospitalized, and 1,000 suffered encephalitis (swelling of the brain) from measles.

SheltonChoked
08-26-2021, 12:10 PM

Dude ****ing STOP.

The "Dose " of Ivermectin to be effective for covid will kill a 500 pound man. At doses that won't put you in a coma, it does jack shit...

PS. I've read studies since this post that say it might be effective at a lower dose. And at a dose that makes it impossible to use cow or horse wormer without a VERY accurate scale. If you must get it, follow all the directions from flccc, get vaccinated, wear a mask inside, then if you want to load up on IVM, D3, zinc, etc. be my guest.

Just do all the stuff that flccc recommends...

DownwardDawg
08-26-2021, 12:13 PM
Dude ****ing STOP.

The "Dose " of Ivermectin to be effective for covid will kill a 500 pound man. At doses that won't put you in a coma, it does jack shit...

Plus it's making it almost impossible to get for my dogs!!!!! I was mad last week when I started looking for it.

SheltonChoked
08-26-2021, 12:14 PM

First there are breakthrough infections for Polio, Mumps, measles, and ALL VAccines....

There were 1200 cases of measles in the us in 2019. The measles vaccine is only 94% effective.... even with boosters...

SheltonChoked
08-26-2021, 12:15 PM
As a ****ing treatment...

Vaccination prevents the increased viral load, faster than the Non FDA approved antibody treatment...

PS. The website that I have been sent to get the right IVM dosage has this ins the FAQ section....

Masks: the FLCCC position on when to wear them, and when not to wear them.
The aggressive spread of Covid-19 is thought to be primarily due to airborne (aerosol) spread. Inhaling tiny floating droplets directly into the nose/lungs is strongly, but not perfectly, prevented by wearing masks indoors...
It is the opinion of the FLCCC that mask wearing is critical

And...

About the Covid Vaccines
What is your position on vaccines?
The FLCCC Alliance has always maintained that our protocols are a bridge to vaccines and a safety net for those who clannot or have not been vaccinated or are vaccinated and have concerns regarding declining protection against emerging variants. Vaccines have shown efficacy in preventing the most severe outcomes of COVID-19 and are an important part of a multi-modal strategy that must also include early treatment.

Apoplectic
08-26-2021, 12:17 PM
Dude ****ing STOP.

These people who would know see to have a different opinion

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/joe-rogan-bret-weinstein-dr-pierre-kory-youtube-censorship-ivermectin-covid-treatment/

BeardoMSU
08-26-2021, 12:22 PM
These people who would know see to have a different opinion

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/joe-rogan-bret-weinstein-dr-pierre-kory-youtube-censorship-ivermectin-covid-treatment/

"These people who would know", lol?

Bret Weinstein is a former academic (evolutionary biology) turned podcast host. Medicine, epidemiology, and pharmacology are most definitely not his expertise or research area....

Jack Lambert
08-26-2021, 12:29 PM
If you sit butt ass naked on a fire ant bed, the rest of your day will probably suck. Just adding my 2cents.

Coach34
08-26-2021, 12:31 PM
Its hilarious to me to see how insane people get on politics to all this.

10 years ago Fauci from his own mouth said hydroxy worked for covid viruses. Now because Big Pharma is funding all these grants- suddenly that $1 treatment isnt sufficient. Big Tech has done their best to memory hole it as they are getting payments from big Pharma.

I bet half of you dont even know that the vaccine the FDA approved Monday hasnt even been produced yet. The ones we are getting now arent FDA approved- still on emergency approval. The media left that little nugget out.

BeardoMSU
08-26-2021, 12:39 PM
Its hilarious to me to see how insane people get on politics to all this.

You just recommended taking a horse de-wormer purchased from a tractor supply store, and now you're calling others insane from politics...

SheltonChoked
08-26-2021, 12:40 PM

No, It was called a vaccine. Again those of us that know understood nothing is 100%, and like every other vaccine dating back to Jenner, all have breakthrough infections that are milder than those not vaccinated.

But we also knew that if you got everyone vaccinated, it could be like chickenpox, measles, smallpox, mumps, polio, and be very rare.

But meanwhile you ****ers want to get sick and try malaria meds or wormer and hope it works...

Then when a new variant come out due to mutaing in unvaccinated, you blame the vaccine...

I'm starting to root for the virus... or that you all OD or horse wormer.

As for "fully staffing". the hospitals were. But how will pay for all those "standby medical personnel". The Feds like MiSississipi is counting on?

It's way cheaper and more cost effective to count on PREVENTION, not treatment.

an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Coach34
08-26-2021, 12:43 PM
You just recommended taking a horse de-wormer purchased from a tractor supply store, and now you're calling others insane from politics...

I told of what someone I knew did. Dr's recommend ivermectin as a treatment. Self-medicating is always risky- but this person is wealthy and has plenty of friends that are in the medical profession. I doubt he asked Farmer Ted for the correct dosage

msstatelp1
08-26-2021, 12:49 PM

So how many people you know have been shipped off to extermination camps?

SheltonChoked
08-26-2021, 12:57 PM
Did you just "Cite" a podcast.....

Here are 16 double blind studies saying Ivemectrin doesn't work for Covid..

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/tables/table-2c/

SheltonChoked
08-26-2021, 01:07 PM
The same as for a healthy 6 month old getting a Hepatitis Vax, or Chickenpox vax.

Why wait"until they need it" when you don't know "when they will need it"

BeardoMSU
08-26-2021, 01:09 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SheltonChoked again.

Gutter Cobreh
08-26-2021, 01:15 PM
I told of what someone I knew did. Dr's recommend ivermectin as a treatment. Self-medicating is always risky- but this person is wealthy and has plenty of friends that are in the medical profession. I doubt he asked Farmer Ted for the correct dosage

Doesn't change the fact that your wealthy friend had to pick up this medicine at a tractor supply location!!! Didn't think you'd top getting your coffee from a pyramid scheme, but you've outdone yourself with this one!

Cowboydawg
08-26-2021, 01:15 PM
No, It was called a vaccine. Again those of us that know understood nothing is 100%, and like every other vaccine dating back to Jenner, all have breakthrough infections that are milder than those not vaccinated.

But we also knew that if you got everyone vaccinated, it could be like chickenpox, measles, smallpox, mumps, polio, and be very rare.

But meanwhile you ****ers want to get sick and try malaria meds or wormer and hope it works...

Then when a new variant come out due to mutaing in unvaccinated, you blame the vaccine...

I'm starting to root for the virus... or that you all OD or horse wormer.

As for "fully staffing". the hospitals were. But how will pay for all those "standby medical personnel". The Feds like MiSississipi is counting on?

It's way cheaper and more cost effective to count on PREVENTION, not treatment.

an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

You are correct. Those of us that understand how vaccines work understood that this would happen. So why do ?you ****ers? want to dismiss the need for an effective treatment plan? You knew this would happen right? I?m well versed in virology and understand how viruses mutate. 8 years of college and 3 degrees will do that to a person. You honestly believe the vaccine had nothing to do with the mutation? Your message would be better received if you came off that high horse of yours?and displayed any evidence of being an adult.

Liverpooldawg
08-26-2021, 01:25 PM

Oh good lord. It is NOT NAZI tactics. You obviously have no idea what the NAZIs were. You also must not remember getting lined up in the hallways at school and being vaccinated for a lot of stuff. Heck it ain't even being drafted into the army and forced to charge people who are trying to kill you. Good grief give that crap a rest.

MrCoachKlein
08-26-2021, 01:31 PM
I just read the article in the second link. They note the limitations in their sample size, the dosage size given, the number of dosages given, etc. Read the last paragraph of the discussion.

They basically state that with a SINGLE dose, based on the weight of the patient, symptoms such as coughing, breathing labor, and blood-cell counts COULD BE improved, but was still inconclusive as to how much for how long.

It definitely needs more studies for use against the WuFlu, but it has been proven completely safe for human consumption over decades unlike EUA "vaccines"....So it could help and won't harm you.

DownwardDawg
08-26-2021, 02:15 PM
Ivermec works great for heart worms on my dogs!!'

SheltonChoked
08-26-2021, 02:27 PM
So it could help and won't harm you.

Unless you buy it from tractor Supply and don't know how much to take.

Then, you end up shitting your brains out, or in the already packed hospitals....

https://www.mississippifreepress.org/15002/person-hospitalized-after-taking-livestock-ivermectin-from-feed-store-to-treat-covid-19/

SheltonChoked
08-26-2021, 02:36 PM
You are correct. Those of us that understand how vaccines work understood that this would happen. So why do ?you ****ers? want to dismiss the need for an effective treatment plan? You knew this would happen right? I?m well versed in virology and understand how viruses mutate. 8 years of college and 3 degrees will do that to a person. You honestly believe the vaccine had nothing to do with the mutation? Your message would be better received if you came off that high horse of yours?and displayed any evidence of being an adult.

What" effective treatment plan". You mean the non fda approved use of Monoclonal anitbodies? Or do you mean the care you get in a hospital for Covid?

Or are you talking about Hydroxycholoquine, livestock wormer and sunshine?

I'm all for a good treatment. but not just made up shit you read on facebook...

And since you are so well versed on virus mutation, please explain how the current mutation, Delta has anything to do with vaccination.

The current variant is Delta, It was first found in India in December. India did not begin vaccinations until Mid January. So unless the Delta variant time travels, VAccination had nothing to do with the delta variant.

Again, prevention is more effective than a cure. If I hand you a vial of anthrax, will you open it? There are effective treatments. Or will you Prevent by not opening the vial?

MrCoachKlein
08-26-2021, 02:40 PM
Unless you buy it from tractor Supply and don't know how much to take.

Then, you end up shitting your brains out, or in the already packed hospitals....

https://www.mississippifreepress.org/15002/person-hospitalized-after-taking-livestock-ivermectin-from-feed-store-to-treat-covid-19/

Yeah, well take a whole bottle of aspirin, tylenol, ibuprofen, or countless other OTC meds and let me know how that works out. A bunch of good info on it linked in this article with a meta-analysis from the American Journal of Therapeutics.

https://www.biznews.com/health/2021/07/29/ivermectin-treatment

Cowboydawg
08-26-2021, 03:39 PM
What" effective treatment plan". You mean the non fda approved use of Monoclonal anitbodies? Or do you mean the care you get in a hospital for Covid?

Or are you talking about Hydroxycholoquine, livestock wormer and sunshine?

I'm all for a good treatment. but not just made up shit you read on facebook...

And since you are so well versed on virus mutation, please explain how the current mutation, Delta has anything to do with vaccination.

The current variant is Delta, It was first found in India in December. India did not begin vaccinations until Mid January. So unless the Delta variant time travels, VAccination had nothing to do with the delta variant.

Again, prevention is more effective than a cure. If I hand you a vial of anthrax, will you open it? There are effective treatments. Or will you Prevent by not opening the vial?

You are missing the point yet making mine for me at the same time. You are so busy with your narrative that you don?t listen to anyone else?therefore you don?t comprehend. Vaccination AND effective treatment are not an either/or deal. Both are needed. Treatment is being neglected. You were ok taking a vaccine not approved by the FDA but you aren?t ok taking a treatment not approved? Hypocritical much?

The vaccine is not going to make it go away. It is not that simple. Viruses mutate under pressure. The more they mutate they form new variants. The more people that get vaccinated the more pressure that is being put on the virus to mutate. By the time every person in the country gets vaccinated, a new resistant variant will form. The US is the perfect storm for virus mutation right now and yes that is due to the growing number of vaccinations. Vaccinated people are largely responsible for the spread of the Delta variant. Why? Because the CDC said you are vaccinated so you can take your mask off. Meanwhile, they are walking around sick, maybe asymptomatic with very contagious loads coming out their nose. Oops?put your mask back on. But you knew this would happen right? Surely the CDC did too. Of course unvaccinated people are spreading it too but they are most likely pretty sick and hopefully quarantined.

Cowboydawg
08-26-2021, 04:26 PM
https://www.realclearscience.com/articles/2021/08/23/lets_stop_pretending_about_the_covid-19_vaccines_791050.html

This is the best article I have read on the subject. It is not an anti-vax piece. It is straight down the middle. It is a family practitioner giving his advice based on the data available. Great read.

SheltonChoked
08-26-2021, 04:52 PM
You are missing the point yet making mine for me at the same time. You are so busy with your narrative that you don?t listen to anyone else?therefore you don?t comprehend. Vaccination AND effective treatment are not an either/or deal. Both are needed. Treatment is being neglected. You were ok taking a vaccine not approved by the FDA but you aren?t ok taking a treatment not approved? Hypocritical much?

The vaccine is not going to make it go away. It is not that simple. Viruses mutate under pressure. The more they mutate they form new variants. The more people that get vaccinated the more pressure that is being put on the virus to mutate. By the time every person in the country gets vaccinated, a new resistant variant will form. The US is the perfect storm for virus mutation right now and yes that is due to the growing number of vaccinations. Vaccinated people are largely responsible for the spread of the Delta variant. Why? Because the CDC said you are vaccinated so you can take your mask off. Meanwhile, they are walking around sick, maybe asymptomatic with very contagious loads coming out their nose. Oops?put your mask back on. But you knew this would happen right? Surely the CDC did too. Of course unvaccinated people are spreading it too but they are most likely pretty sick and hopefully quarantined.

We seem to be talking past each other then, I never said anything about my comfort level of treatments, and only point it out as several on here have rejected the "unproven, unapproved vaccine" only to tout vitamins, Antibodies, and Ivermectin. If you are not in that group, i'm not talking to you.

And for everyone I know of that has been hospitalized for Covid, treatments are not "being neglected". But Coach34 telling a story about a guy going to tractor supply is how we end up with people dead from eating a tube of Horse Wormer. That's not treatment. That's Snake Oil. They make human pills of Ivermectin. That would be treatment.

If enough people are vaccinated, it won't matter. if it "goes away" or not. We vaccinate EVERYONE for MMR and still have US cases of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella. But the number of cases went from 5 million a year to 1,000 a year. Wouldn't that be great for Covid?

As for the effectiveness of the vaccine falling over time, Well we have a prior for that too. How many shot do you need for each vaccine? I know I had 4-5 MMR shot, a tetnus shot every 10 years, 3 hepatatis shots, etc. That we need a 6 -8 month booster is nothing new, or special. If it had not been a pandemic, we might should have spaced dose 1 and 2 further apart, but trying to save lives then made it risky.

I need evidence that "vaccinated people" were maskless more than "unvaccinated people". Because that is not what i saw/am seeing in Texas. When the mask mandates stopped, everyone stopped wearing a mask. I read a blog by an epidemiologist that an MSU Grad I know went to Med School with. https://yourlocalepidemiologist.substack.com/p/role-in-the-transmission-chain-vaccinated
Vaccinated people are contagious for 6 days, (slightly LESS contagious than unvaxed which are spreading for at least 18 days) and that is new with Delta. So it's not that the "CDC knew and didn't care" it's that Delta changed things. You seem to kinda know that.

So sure Vaccinated people probably are spreading some too, but the unvaccinated are spreading 3x longer, and are more contagious.

So get the shot, wear a mask.

PS. The website that I have been sent to get the right IVM dosage has this ins the FAQ section....

The aggressive spread of Covid-19 is thought to be primarily due to airborne (aerosol) spread. Inhaling tiny floating droplets directly into the nose/lungs is strongly, but not perfectly, prevented by wearing masks indoors...

And...

About the Covid Vaccines
The FLCCC Alliance has always maintained that our protocols are a bridge to vaccines and a safety net for those who clannot or have not been vaccinated or are vaccinated and have concerns regarding declining protection against emerging variants. Vaccines have shown efficacy in preventing the most severe outcomes of COVID-19 and are an important part of a multi-modal strategy that must also include early treatment.

SheltonChoked
08-26-2021, 04:54 PM
https://www.realclearscience.com/articles/2021/08/23/lets_stop_pretending_about_the_covid-19_vaccines_791050.html

This is the best article I have read on the subject. It is not an anti-vax piece. It is straight down the middle. It is a family practitioner giving his advice based on the data available. Great read.

Here is a blog by an Epidemiologist. Since it's more her specialty, Read what she says...
https://yourlocalepidemiologist.substack.com/archive?sort=new

And...

About the Covid Vaccines

SheltonChoked
08-26-2021, 05:08 PM

Why didn't the doctor just write a script for human Ivermectin? It's $16 at walmart for it.

SheltonChoked
08-26-2021, 05:15 PM
Yeah, well take a whole bottle of aspirin, tylenol, ibuprofen, or countless other OTC meds and let me know how that works out. A bunch of good info on it linked in this article with a meta-analysis from the American Journal of Therapeutics.

https://www.biznews.com/health/2021/07/29/ivermectin-treatment

Yeah, because on the side of the injector for horses it says how much a human should take****. It does say how many grams to give per 100 pounds, but that's almost enough to put a human in a coma.

And I listed 16 studies that say it doesn't.

If you want to take Ivermectin, find a doctor that will prescribe the human dose. It's cheaper than buying it at tractor supply and you won't accidentally OD on Apple flavor

Coach34
08-26-2021, 05:41 PM
Why didn't the doctor just write a script for human Ivermectin? It's $16 at walmart for it.

because he's a redneck from Louisiana that raises cattle. Been dealing with that kind of stuff for years

But the point is Ivermectin is a great therapeutic with numerous studies to back it up

BeardoMSU
08-26-2021, 06:22 PM
with numerous studies to back it up

Its funny how relative "numerous studies" is when arguing for HC, ivermectin, and.....the vaccines.

Apoplectic
08-26-2021, 07:45 PM

Did you listen or just lemming on?

Liverpooldawg
08-26-2021, 10:36 PM
because he's a redneck from Louisiana that raises cattle. Been dealing with that kind of stuff for years

But the point is Ivermectin is a great therapeutic with numerous studies to back it up
For worms, mites, and lice. It does absolutely nothing for COVID, and that is backed up by numerous double blind studies, you know, the real kind.

SheltonChoked
08-27-2021, 08:41 AM
Did you listen or just lemming on?

I listened that one, and a different one with a zoologist that said stop taking wormer for a virus

And funny you use "Lemming" for advocating for an animal wormer...

And...

About the Covid Vaccines

SheltonChoked
08-27-2021, 08:51 AM

He's been dealing with what stuff for years? Wormer? I know rednecks in texas that don't have been dealing raising horses for years, and don't have the sense not to put 2 stallions in a barn with mares in heat. Him deworming his cattle has **** all to do with him knowing how much Ivermectin to use and not kill himself.

And again, if he asked a doctor for how much to take, there must be a reason why that same doctor didn't write a prescription for it. A tube of wormer costs more at Tractor supply than the cash price of the people stuff at Walmart.

I'm sure it wasn't the liability****

And I can find as many saying HC, Ivermectin, etc are not effective...

And many saying that the vaccine is at least as effective as the MMR and tetanus vaccines.

And...

About the Covid Vaccines

StateDawg44
08-30-2021, 12:35 PM

Glad he is ok. But your last sentence sums it up for most that are still hesitant. Thanks for sharing.

R2Dawg
08-30-2021, 01:29 PM

By the CDC definition of a vaccine that it what a vaccine is - you don't contract the disease. So again they continue to lie about the shot. Only reason I call it a vaccine is for the ill informed people who don't know what a vaccine is or a shot. This is only a shot and last year's shot at that. It does almost nothing on the variant. Know vaccinated who have died, hospitalized and good friend got Covid only a month after got vaccinated last week. As Joel says - sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

SheltonChoked
08-30-2021, 02:48 PM
By the CDC definition of a vaccine that it what a vaccine is - you don't contract the disease. So again they continue to lie about the shot. Only reason I call it a vaccine is for the ill informed people who don't know what a vaccine is or a shot. This is only a shot and last year's shot at that. It does almost nothing on the variant. Know vaccinated who have died, hospitalized and good friend got Covid only a month after got vaccinated last week. As Joel says - sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

That's not true. https://www.cdc.gov/healthyschools/bam/diseases/vaccine-basics.htm

Definition of Terms
Immunity: Protection from an infectious disease. If you are immune to a disease, you can be exposed to it without becoming infected.

Vaccine: A product that stimulates a person?s immune system to produce immunity to a specific disease, protecting the person from that disease. Vaccines are usually administered through needle injections, but can also be administered by mouth or sprayed into the nose.

Vaccination: The act of introducing a vaccine into the body to produce immunity to a specific disease.

Immunization: A process by which a person becomes protected against a disease through vaccination. This term is often used interchangeably with vaccination or inoculation.

CAN is a legal definition, if they wanted to say what you think it says, they would use the legal term WILL

There are breakthroughs of all the vaccines. 1200 cases of measles in the us in 2019. https://www.cdc.gov/measles/cases-outbreaks.html 52 cases on mumps in 2021 in US. https://www.cdc.gov/mumps/outbreaks.html 3200 cases of hep B https://www.hhs.gov/hepatitis/learn-about-viral-hepatitis/hepatitis-b-basics/index.html

All of which take 4 to 5 doses...

Also, the vaccine works on the variant.

Measles and polio breakthrough infections aren't just rare because the vaccines are so effective but also because those who are vaccinated rarely interact with infected people. Even with highly effective vaccines for Covid-19, breakthrough infections are likely to keep happening because the virus is so widespread.

So continue to be ignorant, or lie about "vaccines"

StateDawg44
08-30-2021, 04:02 PM
That's not true. https://www.cdc.gov/healthyschools/bam/diseases/vaccine-basics.htm

CAN is a legal definition, if they wanted to say what you think it says, they would use the legal term WILL

There are breakthroughs of all the vaccines. 1200 cases of measles in the us in 2019. https://www.cdc.gov/measles/cases-outbreaks.html 52 cases on mumps in 2021 in US. https://www.cdc.gov/mumps/outbreaks.html 3200 cases of hep B https://www.hhs.gov/hepatitis/learn-about-viral-hepatitis/hepatitis-b-basics/index.html

All of which take 4 to 5 doses...

Also, the vaccine works on the variant.

So continue to be ignorant, or lie about "vaccines"

You've done a terrible job of accomplishing what you have set out to do in this thread and every other one I've seen you hop in on this subject. Keep being part of the problem to people who are on the fence and want to do what is best for themselves and others. Millions of people are torn and being socially pressured to do something they deep down don't feel comfortable with. Yet you deem them stupid. What if a teacher called a student stupid. And don't flatter yourself, I'm not holding you to the level of an effective teacher. Does that make the student finally understand and just learn what the teacher was trying to teach? Or cause them to give one shit about what someone who insults you is trying to convince you of? Or does it do the opposite? All it proves is you don't know how to communicate.

I can assure you that you could possibly connect with someone and convince them what you are saying is correct. Whether it actually is or isn't. That's not the point, and is the entire reason for my post. It could possibly save a life or lives but it also could take one in the future.

But your attempts are always looking down your nose at others who are just too stupid to comprehend what someone like yourself who can link articles backing up their opinion with more opinion that change weekly yet are stated as facts.

SheltonChoked
08-30-2021, 04:33 PM
You've done a terrible job of accomplishing what you have set out to do in this thread and every other one I've seen you hop in on this subject. Keep being part of the problem to people who are on the fence and want to do what is best for themselves and others. Millions of people are torn and being socially pressured to do something they deep down don't feel comfortable with. Yet you deem them stupid. What if a teacher called a student stupid. And don't flatter yourself, I'm not holding you to the level of an effective teacher. Does that make the student finally understand and just learn what the teacher was trying to teach? Or cause them to give one shit about what someone who insults you is trying to convince you of? Or does it do the opposite? All it proves is you don't know how to communicate.

I can assure you that you could possibly connect with someone and convince them what you are saying is correct. Whether it actually is or isn't. That's not the point, and is the entire reason for my post. It could possibly save a life or lives but it also could take one in the future.

But your attempts are always looking down your nose at others who are just too stupid to comprehend what someone like yourself who can link articles backing up their opinion with more opinion that change weekly yet are stated as facts.

I'm not calling those hesitant about the vaccines stupid, I'm calling out those that make up lies or are completely ignorant about all vaccines stupid.
If someone is looking to a random poster on a messge board for the education they need to get treatment for any medical issue, then that's their issue. They should talk to a doctor. But when someone is being an idiot, I am qualified to say "you are a dumbass to take horse wormer, get the people version", and when those anti vaxx, anti mask people send me a " but I know the dosage from this website", and that website says " wear a mask and get vaccinated", well, what's the issue.

It's been going on for far too long. and it's the same idiots. If they were not going to wear a mask, take hydroxy, not get vaccinated, and take horse wormer, then maybe it's God telling them they shouldn't live.

and you finish up by showing you don't know how scientific progress works versus random idiots on the internet opinions.

StateDawg44
08-31-2021, 07:23 AM
I'm not calling those hesitant about the vaccines stupid, I'm calling out those that make up lies or are completely ignorant about all vaccines stupid.
If someone is looking to a random poster on a messge board for the education they need to get treatment for any medical issue, then that's their issue. They should talk to a doctor. But when someone is being an idiot, I am qualified to say "you are a dumbass to take horse wormer, get the people version", and when those anti vaxx, anti mask people send me a " but I know the dosage from this website", and that website says " wear a mask and get vaccinated", well, what's the issue.

It's been going on for far too long. and it's the same idiots. If they were not going to wear a mask, take hydroxy, not get vaccinated, and take horse wormer, then maybe it's God telling them they shouldn't live.

and you finish up by showing you don't know how scientific progress works versus random idiots on the internet opinions.

Ah there it is. Thanks for proving my point again. You don't have to use the word "stupid" to imply you are calling someone stupid.

Yet, here you are still attempting to convince "these idiots" as if you are some authority on the internet or someone should believe you because you are "qualified" to explain a virus and how to or how not to treat it. One that no one anywhere else seems to be able to pin down or explain or confirm anything on. ESPECIALLY how to treat it.

You can show me a link that says it doesn't work. The next guy can show another link that says the complete opposite. Both backed by studies. Yet yours is special because you KNOW yours is right.

Thankfully ED has you to set it all straight though. You're no more effective than Shotgun using the word "twitch" to describe something. I'm sure I'm not effective either at what I'm saying to you. But I'll stop now. Because I know you won't listen since you already know it all.

Dawgfan77
08-31-2021, 07:39 AM
Just thought I'd share a bit of good news.... as I predicted about two weeks ago we starting to see some leveling off of cases and hospitalizations. 7 day average is lower in cases as well. My predictions over these next two weeks is you will see numbers to trend down again. Can't rule out a day or so where numbers might inflate due to late reporting but be encouraged that we are getting better in the Sipp!

Coach34
08-31-2021, 01:49 PM
More Ivermectin news- Dr’s wrote 88K scripts in 1 week for it. I’ll go with them over SheltonChoked

https://twitter.com/aapsonline/status/1432761681503928328?s=21

Coach34
08-31-2021, 02:00 PM
Indian Bar Association suing WHO for misinformation (aka lying) about Ivermectin

https://www.thedesertreview.com/opinion/columnists/indian-bar-association-sues-who-scientist-over-ivermectin/article_f90599f8-c7be-11eb-a8dc-0b3cbb3b4dfa.html

Anybody that can’t see Big Pharma is paying these government pawns is being willfully blind

AROB44
08-31-2021, 03:10 PM
Ivermectin --- This medication is used to treat certain parasitic roundworm infections.

There are definitely some that post on here that could use a good worming!!

SheltonChoked
08-31-2021, 03:30 PM
More Ivermectin news- Dr?s wrote 88K scripts in 1 week for it. I?ll go with them over SheltonChoked

https://twitter.com/aapsonline/status/1432761681503928328?s=21

And a script is not the same as you telling people to go to tractor supply and getting horse wormer.

Stick with coffee pyramid schemes.

SheltonChoked
08-31-2021, 03:41 PM
Ah there it is. Thanks for proving my point again. You don't have to use the word "stupid" to imply you are calling someone stupid.

Yet, here you are still attempting to convince "these idiots" as if you are some authority on the internet or someone should believe you because you are "qualified" to explain a virus and how to or how not to treat it. One that no one anywhere else seems to be able to pin down or explain or confirm anything on. ESPECIALLY how to treat it.

You can show me a link that says it doesn't work. The next guy can show another link that says the complete opposite. Both backed by studies. Yet yours is special because you KNOW yours is right.

Thankfully ED has you to set it all straight though. You're no more effective than Shotgun using the word "twitch" to describe something. I'm sure I'm not effective either at what I'm saying to you. But I'll stop now. Because I know you won't listen since you already know it all.

I didn't call you an idiot or stupid. I said you didn't know how Scientific progress works. Because you said don't. Or at least your wrote that you don't.

I'm not attempting to convince anyone anymore. I'm telling people not to use horse wormer when when they can see a doctor to get it cheaper. If someone posts that they recommend black tar heroin for their kids headaches because " they talked to a doctor, and he gave them the dose" it's the same stuff and screws big Pharma , I'll tell them to 17'ing stop as well.

All I want if for people to follow what we KNOW works. Get the vaccine, Wear a mask inside, and Increase ventilation of inside spaces.

But again, if you don't know all of that after everything that has happened since March 2020, then no one on the internet is going to convince you. No matter how nice they are or how much of an asshole they are.

StateDawg44
09-01-2021, 07:46 AM
All I want if for people to follow what we KNOW works. Get the vaccine, Wear a mask inside, and Increase ventilation of inside spaces.

The vaccine doesn't work the way it's advertised therefore it's actually not working.

Neither do the masks that people are wearing. I'm sure they help some. I'll wear a mask if you want me to wear one in the grocery store or if I take an uber. I can respect that. Absolutely not outside though.

Not sure what you are even suggesting or expecting people do on the last one.

SheltonChoked
09-01-2021, 09:17 AM
The vaccine doesn't work the way it's advertised therefore it's actually not working.

Neither do the masks that people are wearing. I'm sure they help some. I'll wear a mask if you want me to wear one in the grocery store or if I take an uber. I can respect that. Absolutely not outside though.

Not sure what you are even suggesting or expecting people do on the last one.

The vaccine works exactly that way, and it's working just as well as the MMR, Hep, polio, and every other required vaccine, ever. I'm not sure how it is "advertised". It's a vaccine. It reduces your likelihood of getting the disease, reduces transmission of the virus, and dying of the disease, by A LOT.

There you with a straw man. I never said wear ineffective masks, again we have been doing this since 19 months now. If you don't know to wear an N95 or at least a nonwoven surgical mask by now, I cannot help you.

I'm saying that if the places have MERV 13+ air filters, and at least 4 air turns an hour of outside air in a room, the transmision of Covid19 is greatly decreased. Again, we have been doing this since 19 months now...

StateDawg44
09-01-2021, 09:48 AM
The vaccine works exactly that way, and it's working just as well as the MMR, Hep, polio, and every other required vaccine, ever. I'm not sure how it is "advertised". It's a vaccine. It reduces your likelihood of getting the disease, reduces transmission of the virus, and dying of the disease, by A LOT.

There you with a straw man. I never said wear ineffective masks, again we have been doing this since 19 months now. If you don't know to wear an N95 or at least a nonwoven surgical mask by now, I cannot help you.

I'm saying that if the places have MERV 13+ air filters, and at least 4 air turns an hour of outside air in a room, the transmission of Covid19 is greatly decreased. Again, we have been doing this since 19 months now...

It does help with symptoms sometimes in some cases I guess. The rest, sorry. Still TBD. 6 months in, needing a booster and already talks of more boosters. Yeah, very efficient.

In a perfect make believe world everyone would have a N95 masks I guess maybe? Why don't we try to be realistic and have realistic expectations though? Expecting everyone on Earth to have access to an N95 mask is a straw man argument lolz. Step out of your bubble and live life instead of living in fear. You're vaxed I assume? You're safe without a mask if so. No?

"The places"? Meaning everywhere you go? Let's start mandating MERV 13+ air filters too and 4 hour air turns too.***

BeardoMSU
09-01-2021, 10:48 AM
The rest, sorry. Still TBD. 6 months in, needing a booster and already talks of more boosters. Yeah, very efficient.

The COVID vaccines are hardly the first vaccines (let alone medicine application) to requires boosters or repeated doses down the road.

StateDawg44
09-01-2021, 11:18 AM
The COVID vaccines are hardly the first vaccines (let alone medicine application) to requires boosters or repeated doses down the road.

Ok. A booster is required. Every 6 months? Do you actually think people will keep going and maintain "vaccinated" status that often with the results so far? Can't even get the majority of people to get on board for the initial 2 or even just 1. Much less when it's not really working and proves more and more we have essentially just become guinea pigs. We'll see what happens when we get there if something goes wrong I guess. Then how will they blame the unvaccinated or people who just want to wait 3-5 years like every other vaccine has taken for approval. Not some made up pressured "Emergency Rush Approval"

Anything else to add that matters and pertains to this vaccine since this virus isn't like any other virus we've faced with modern medicine? And this vaccine isn't delivered the same as any that have been used before on humans so again, not comparable to previous vaccines.

SheltonChoked
09-01-2021, 03:07 PM
It does help with symptoms sometimes in some cases I guess. The rest, sorry. Still TBD. 6 months in, needing a booster and already talks of more boosters. Yeah, very efficient.

In a perfect make believe world everyone would have a N95 masks I guess maybe? Why don't we try to be realistic and have realistic expectations though? Expecting everyone on Earth to have access to an N95 mask is a straw man argument lolz. Step out of your bubble and live life instead of living in fear. You're vaxed I assume? You're safe without a mask if so. No?

"The places"? Meaning everywhere you go? Let's start mandating MERV 13+ air filters too and 4 hour air turns too.***

You got 4-5 MMR vaccines and the effectiveness vs Measles and Mumps is still 94%. The difference is 99.99% of americans have gotten 4-5 MMR vaccines.

Why is it a perfect make believe world? You can get 100 of them from Amazon tomorrow. Every store I have been in in the past 6 months have had them at the door and at the register.

I was fully vaxxed in March. Until Delta, I didn't have to wear a mask. I am now when I'm inside.

Most places have. Schools and office buildings here have upgraded the filtration.

SheltonChoked
09-01-2021, 03:12 PM
https://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/index.cfm/14,2029,71,pdf/MS_School_Immunization_Requirements_-_2020.pdf

You had to have 5 doses of DTap, 4 doses of polio, 3 doses of Hepatitis B, 3 doses of MMR, and 2 doses of Chickenpox.

I'm not aware of any single dose vaccine, why do you expect one for Covid?

And the rest of your post is made up. And Pfizer has full approval, with more data than any other vaccine to get approval.

StateDawg44
09-01-2021, 05:41 PM
https://msdh.ms.gov/msdhsite/index.cfm/14,2029,71,pdf/MS_School_Immunization_Requirements_-_2020.pdf

You had to have 5 doses of DTap, 4 doses of polio, 3 doses of Hepatitis B, 3 doses of MMR, and 2 doses of Chickenpox.

I'm not aware of any single dose vaccine, why do you expect one for Covid?

And the rest of your post is made up. And Pfizer has full approval, with more data than any other vaccine to get approval.

Nearly everyone gets chickenpox still. I'm not anti-vax. I would guess most of those had been proven effective and very minimal side effects well before I was born. Plenty of time for kinks to be found.... and they work.

Which Covid/Variant? How many are there now? The first vaccine isn't effective on Delta. What about the 3rd mutation? Or the 4th? What about the "doomsday" variant that is sprinkled out there or looming?

Did the diseases you listed spread and mutate to stronger virus' like Covid did? What's happened is some what atypical from most virus behavior right?

Yeah... "Full Approval" from the FDA. Great! Everything's good now. No pressure has been put on them either, just like no pressure on citizens. I doubt money was involved in getting theirs through quicker either.

StateDawg44
09-01-2021, 05:48 PM
Why is it a perfect make believe world? You can get 100 of them from Amazon tomorrow. Every store I have been in in the past 6 months have had them at the door and at the register.

The perfect make believe part you seem to think is attainable would be nothing less than a utopia and everyone agreeing that masks are effective. It doesn't exist and never will, has, or can.

I'm having to explain to you that we all including yourself live in reality.

BeardoMSU
09-01-2021, 09:25 PM
The first vaccine isn't effective on Delta.

Ok, the rest of your post notwithstanding, but wtf are you talking about here?

ISN'T EFFECTIVE ON DELTA? Yes, people vaccinated can still catch it...but its rare....and those few that do catch it have much less severe symptoms....those few that do have severe symptoms rarely have to go into the ICU...those few that do go into the ICU, very few get put on a ventilator...those few that do get put on a ventilator, very very very few have died, and the majority (if not all) of those deaths have been attributed to other debilitating factors with those individuals.

I mean, holy shit dude. Why do you insist on dying on this hill?

StateDawg44
09-02-2021, 08:09 AM
Ok, the rest of your post notwithstanding, but wtf are you talking about here?

ISN'T EFFECTIVE ON DELTA? Yes, people vaccinated can still catch it...but its rare....and those few that do catch it have much less severe symptoms....those few that do have severe symptoms rarely have to go into the ICU...those few that do go into the ICU, very few get put on a ventilator...those few that do get put on a ventilator, very very very few have died, and the majority (if not all) of those deaths have been attributed to other debilitating factors with those individuals.

I mean, holy shit dude. Why do you insist on dying on this hill?

I guess "totally effective" would be a better choice of words. Let's try to twist words and make people seem like they are being extreme though. Let me try....

So your scenario paints the false picture that 100% of the people who don't get the vaccine will wind up with severe symptoms. And in the hospital. On the vent. And eventually die. Obviously that's false. But since we are working in extremes to "die" on our hills then why not go there?

Will they all wind up in ICU? Absolutely not. The absolute vast majority and it's not even an argument will be just fine. In the grand scheme of things, small samples that contract the virus will actually wind up in the hospital and get put on the ventilator also. There are lots out there that are. I understand and that is awful. But there are 100 fold more recovering just fine and most will recover at their house that have made the same choice. And after getting sent back home with no actual treatment when they do visit a doctor. Fractions of fractions wind up like some of you make it seem like it's a guarantee. Without a doubt to some.

So how many of those individuals that didn't get the vax also had "other debilitating factors" prior to getting Covid? That's certainly not recorded or reported.

Yes, the vaccination has proven to help with symptoms. Absolutely. I'm not saying don't get it if someone want to. But it still allows people with the shot to asymptomatically spread it to others. What happened to the vaccination being there to slow or stop the spread? Especially when the vaccinated can spread it. Has the narrative changed to just..... get it, or else?

BeardoMSU
09-02-2021, 09:02 AM
I guess "totally effective" would be a better choice of words. Let's try to twist words and make people seem like they are being extreme though. Let me try....

I literally quoted exactly what you said. I didn't twist anything. Literally no vaccine in the world is "totally effective". You're framing everything via strawman...

So your scenario paints the false picture that 100% of the people who don't get the vaccine will wind up with severe symptoms. And in the hospital. On the vent. And eventually die. Obviously that's false. But since we are working in extremes to "die" on our hills then why not go there?

The vast majority of people that are in hospitals, that are on ventilators, and that are dying are indeed the unvaccinated. Just because you are unvaccinated doesn't guarantee 100% that these things WILL happen to you (where exactly did I say that in my previous post?), but you ARE more likely compared with the vaccinated.

Will they all wind up in ICU? Absolutely not. The absolute vast majority and it's not even an argument will be just fine. In the grand scheme of things, small samples that contract the virus will actually wind up in the hospital and get put on the ventilator also. There are lots out there that are. I understand and that is awful. But there are 100 fold more recovering just fine and most will recover at their house that have made the same choice. And after getting sent back home with no actual treatment when they do visit a doctor. Fractions of fractions wind up like some of you make it seem like it's a guarantee. Without a doubt to some.

And who else will they transmit it to in the meantime? Maybe they're fine, but their diabetes stricken obese mother-in-law with 2 stints in her heart already, might not be. Yes, vaccinated people can still spread COVID, albeit it is extremely rare. The only reason some do is because Delta is extremely more contagious than the previous version, and extremely more dangerous to if you're unvaccinated.

And again, when did I say that if you're unvaccinated you WILL end up in the ICU? You're using phrases like "vast majority", so I assume you have at least some grasp on basic statistics, no?

So how many of those individuals that didn't get the vax also had "other debilitating factors" prior to getting Covid? That's certainly not recorded or reported.

In many cases is is actually recorded. Not only that, but it has been made abundantly clear that those with poor health, debilitating factors, ect. are the most vulnerable literally from the get-go. All the more reason to get the vaccine.

Yes, the vaccination has proven to help with symptoms. Absolutely. I'm not saying don't get it if someone want to. But it still allows people with the shot to asymptomatically spread it to others. What happened to the vaccination being there to slow or stop the spread? Especially when the vaccinated can spread it. Has the narrative changed to just..... get it, or else?

You really think the vaccine is only to "help with symptoms"? And again, I see you're using the circular strawman of "vaccinated spread it too, so what's the point"...see above.

It's really simple. If you get vaccinated, not only do you SIGNIFICANTLY decrease the chance that you will have debilitating symptoms, end up in a hospital, in an ICU, on a ventilator, or dead...you will also SIGNIFICANTLY decrease the chance you'll spread it to someone who either isn't vaccinated or is but is so poor in health, it can still do damage.

SheltonChoked
09-02-2021, 09:14 AM
Nearly everyone gets chickenpox still. I'm not anti-vax. I would guess most of those had been proven effective and very minimal side effects well before I was born. Plenty of time for kinks to be found.... and they work.

Which Covid/Variant? How many are there now? The first vaccine isn't effective on Delta. What about the 3rd mutation? Or the 4th? What about the "doomsday" variant that is sprinkled out there or looming?

Did the diseases you listed spread and mutate to stronger virus' like Covid did? What's happened is some what atypical from most virus behavior right?

Yeah... "Full Approval" from the FDA. Great! Everything's good now. No pressure has been put on them either, just like no pressure on citizens. I doubt money was involved in getting theirs through quicker either.

No. They don't. I'm Gen X, pre vaccine everyone got chickenpox. I have 2 kids, their elementary (Pre-k to 5th grade) school had 950 kids, in their 12 combined years there, not a single case of chickenpox.

The chickenpox vaccine is new (introduced to us in 1995). It's only 95% effective, but since 100% of public school kids have to get it, it works very well.

The Mrna vaccine was first developed for Sars/Mers 20 years ago. It was not finished due to funding cuts. That's why the Covid vaccines were able to get out so quickly, they had decades of work on a similar vaccine ready to go.

The first vaccine is very effective on Delta. That's why 99% of people in hospitals are unvaccinated. Breakthough among the fully vaccinated is 5.9% at most in the usa https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/covid-19-vaccine-breakthrough-cases-data-from-the-states/ (which is as good as MMR and Chickenpox)

Again, the solution is Herd Immunity via vaccination against all your "variant doomsday situations". It's just math. If everyone is vaccinated, and 10% the new bad variant has a 10% breakthrough rate, that's 100 for every 1000, then it's 10 of those 100, than 1 of those 10. Remember, when the vaccine works, exposure creates stronger immunity.

All diseases mutate. And none were able to be beat by natural exposure. It took vaccines.

And of course you don't trust full approval.

Just know this, getting Alpha naturally, does not protect you from Delta.

SheltonChoked
09-02-2021, 09:22 AM

Getting vaccinated decreases your chance of dying of covid by 27x.

You still don't get that vaccination absolutely decreases the spread. Vaccinated people are contagious 6 days. Unvaccinated are contagious for 18 days. That's spreading 3x as long.

Again, we have done this before with Polio, Measles, Chickenpox. All of which are extremely rare today due to vaccinations. Why do you think Covid will be different?

FYI

Measles is a virus, transmitted by coughing and sneezing droplets, and is 2x as contagious as Delta Covid. and because 99.99% of people get 3-4 MMR vaccines (only 94%effective), we had a huge breakthrough of cases in 2019 of 1,200 cases in the usa.

That's what vaccines do.

SheltonChoked
09-02-2021, 10:11 AM
The perfect make believe part you seem to think is attainable would be nothing less than a utopia and everyone agreeing that masks are effective. It doesn't exist and never will, has, or can.

I'm having to explain to you that we all including yourself live in reality.

I'm very much in reality. A reality that Covid is getting more people sick and killing more people in the US than ever, despite 53% doing all they can to be protected, and 38% not caring. And the facts are 99% of those record high deaths are from the 38%. Meanwhile those in the 38% are telling those not dying, that we are not living in reality, and that what we have done and are doing isn't working.
It's maddening to tell the dying, that "if you do this, your chance of dying decreases by at least 27X".

Only to be told, "I'm not living in reality". I'm telling you this because I don't want more people to die.

But I'm beginning to care less about that 38% every day.

SheltonChoked
09-02-2021, 10:12 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BeardoMSU again

StateDawg44
09-02-2021, 10:53 AM
I literally quoted exactly what you said. I didn't twist anything. Literally no vaccine in the world is "totally effective". You're framing everything via strawman...

Aight, I hear you. I'm not asking for 100% effectiveness. Obviously that's impossible. But it's too early to declare this vaccine champion simply based off the fact that it was created so quickly. I just can't get past what the long term effects might be or that the rush and stress put on them getting it out as quickly as possible may have some short sightedness to it. That is not crazy or unheard of. I can fully admit I very well could be wrong just like so many that have been quoted by people like you who have turned out to be wrong. And I certainly don't expect anyone to change their stance because of my opinions or anyone else on this message boards opinions on this matter. I won't die on my hill because I am not seeking yours or anyone else's stamp of approval on anything.

The vast majority of people that are in hospitals, that are on ventilators, and that are dying are indeed the unvaccinated. Just because you are unvaccinated doesn't guarantee 100% that these things WILL happen to you (where exactly did I say that in my previous post?), but you ARE more likely compared with the vaccinated.

Again, the overwhelmingly vast majority that contract it will never even step foot in hospital. They will go home from a clinic with no real treatment because no one knows how to actually treat it. I don't blame anyone for that. Any doctor claiming otherwise gets shut down and labeled as crazy or stupid or threatened to have their license revoked. So all we are left with is the vaccine being sold as the end all be all at every facet of our lives now. EVERYTHING about this is still new. EVERYTHING. Even a 1.5 years in it's still too soon to say the vaccine or any other treatment is the best route to take. Saying otherwise is fooling yourself and others. Scientists yeah. Me and you, Nah. Get over yourself if you think you understand how any of this is actually working. Even if you are a doc.

And who else will they transmit it to in the meantime? Maybe they're fine, but their diabetes stricken obese mother-in-law with 2 stints in her heart already, might not be. Yes, vaccinated people can still spread COVID, albeit it is extremely rare. The only reason some do is because Delta is extremely more contagious than the previous version, and extremely more dangerous to if you're unvaccinated.

Is an asymptomatic vaccinated carrier more dangerous than an asymptomatic unvaccinated carrier? They could both spread it to her just as easily as the other one right? Are there statistics on the number of asymptomatic vaccinated carriers out there unknowingly doing damage? What about asymptomatic unvaccinated carriers?

And again, when did I say that if you're unvaccinated you WILL end up in the ICU? You're using phrases like "vast majority", so I assume you have at least some grasp on basic statistics, no?

I was emphasizing the point that I could've used a better choice of words instead of accidentally implying that I need 100% prevention to accept things are working swimmingly. My bad. Don't get caught up on that or the point I was making.

In many cases is is actually recorded. Not only that, but it has been made abundantly clear that those with poor health, debilitating factors, ect. are the most vulnerable literally from the get-go. All the more reason to get the vaccine.

I must miss that column in all the stats they are selectively provide to the public. I would never expect that to be reported by the media if it was available. And for all I know is it would be illegal to do that based off patient rights. But that could be an important number to know in all of this. No?

You really think the vaccine is only to "help with symptoms"? And again, I see you're using the circular strawman of "vaccinated spread it too, so what's the point"...see above.

No. Not what's the point for everyone. Some definitely need it. But not even 90% actually need it and would be fine. Probably much less. No I can't prove that just like you can't prove otherwise either.

It's really simple. If you get vaccinated, not only do you SIGNIFICANTLY decrease the chance that you will have debilitating symptoms, end up in a hospital, in an ICU, on a ventilator, or dead...you will also SIGNIFICANTLY decrease the chance you'll spread it to someone who either isn't vaccinated or is but is so poor in health, it can still do damage.

It's simple if you are looking at only tomorrow. There are also things to consider as possibilities on the flip side of that coin too. It's also very, VERY likely (waayyyyy more) you may just quarantine at home and go on a couple of short walks around your neighborhood and just remotely work from home while resting with a tough cough and some fatigue. 10-14 days later if you're responsible and your back at work and safe and sound. Now you can go visit your sick MIL and feel fine being there.

If you're young and healthy you may not want to risk some of the possible but somewhat unlikely (so far, 6 months in) side effects from a rushed vaccine and new booster. But there is risk. Just like with taking the vaccine. Some of the neurological side effects and seizures directly related to getting the vaccine are way scarier to see IMO than possibly having a tough cough I will probably ride out at home. Blood clots are already scary enough. No need to explain that. There are plenty of other side effects too. Most every vaccine has them. I realize this isn't unique. In 3-5 years it may be some miracle drug for all I know.

Coach34
09-02-2021, 11:26 AM
https://twitter.com/HeyTammyBruce/status/1433463140906409990?s=20

Coach34
09-02-2021, 11:28 AM
And a script is not the same as you telling people to go to tractor supply and getting horse wormer.

Stick with coffee pyramid schemes.

Please link where I told people to do that. Why do people feel the need to lie about all this? It's insanity.

SheltonChoked
09-02-2021, 12:11 PM
Aight, I hear you. I'm not asking for 100% effectiveness. Obviously that's impossible. But it's too early to declare this vaccine champion simply based off the fact that it was created so quickly. I just can't get past what the long term effects might be or that the rush and stress put on them getting it out as quickly as possible may have some short sightedness to it. That is not crazy or unheard of. I can fully admit I very well could be wrong just like so many that have been quoted by people like you who have turned out to be wrong. And I certainly don't expect anyone to change their stance because of my opinions or anyone else on this message boards opinions on this matter. I won't die on my hill because I am not seeking yours or anyone else's stamp of approval on anything.

Again, the overwhelmingly vast majority that contract it will never even step foot in hospital. They will go home from a clinic with no real treatment because no one knows how to actually treat it. I don't blame anyone for that. Any doctor claiming otherwise gets shut down and labeled as crazy or stupid or threatened to have their license revoked. So all we are left with is the vaccine being sold as the end all be all at every facet of our lives now. EVERYTHING about this is still new. EVERYTHING. Even a 1.5 years in it's still too soon to say the vaccine or any other treatment is the best route to take. Saying otherwise is fooling yourself and others. Scientists yeah. Me and you, Nah. Get over yourself if you think you understand how any of this is actually working. Even if you are a doc.

Is an asymptomatic vaccinated carrier more dangerous than an asymptomatic unvaccinated carrier? They could both spread it to her just as easily as the other one right? Are there statistics on the number of asymptomatic vaccinated carriers out there unknowingly doing damage? What about asymptomatic unvaccinated carriers?

I was emphasizing the point that I could've used a better choice of words instead of accidentally implying that I need 100% prevention to accept things are working swimmingly. My bad. Don't get caught up on that or the point I was making.

I must miss that column in all the stats they are selectively provide to the public. I would never expect that to be reported by the media if it was available. And for all I know is it would be illegal to do that based off patient rights. But that could be an important number to know in all of this. No?

No. Not what's the point for everyone. Some definitely need it. But not even 90% actually need it and would be fine. Probably much less. No I can't prove that just like you can't prove otherwise either.

It's simple if you are looking at only tomorrow. There are also things to consider as possibilities on the flip side of that coin too. It's also very, VERY likely (waayyyyy more) you may just quarantine at home and go on a couple of short walks around your neighborhood and just remotely work from home while resting with a tough cough and some fatigue. 10-14 days later if you're responsible and your back at work and safe and sound. Now you can go visit your sick MIL and feel fine being there.

If you're young and healthy you may not want to risk some of the possible but somewhat unlikely (so far, 6 months in) side effects from a rushed vaccine and new booster. But there is risk. Just like with taking the vaccine. Some of the neurological side effects and seizures directly related to getting the vaccine are way scarier to see IMO than possibly having a tough cough I will probably ride out at home. Blood clots are already scary enough. No need to explain that. There are plenty of other side effects too. Most every vaccine has them. I realize this isn't unique. In 3-5 years it may be some miracle drug for all I know.

How was the vaccine "Rushed"? Here is an article from 2018 talking about the advantages of an mRNA vaccine. https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd.2017.243

And another article discussing how they used 2 decades of learnings from SARS and MERS to make the vaccine for COVID.(all related corona Virus) https://jbiomedsci.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12929-020-00695-2

As for the side effects of the vaccine, What are the long term health problems with COVID? Other than ED that the blue pill doesn't fix? https://health.clevelandclinic.org/yes-covid-19-can-cause-erectile-dysfunction/

SheltonChoked
09-02-2021, 12:16 PM
At 10:55 am CDT, on August 26, 2021 some asshole posting with your username said this

StateDawg44
09-02-2021, 01:32 PM
How was the vaccine "Rushed"? Here is an article from 2018 talking about the advantages of an mRNA vaccine. https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd.2017.243

And another article discussing how they used 2 decades of learnings from SARS and MERS to make the vaccine for COVID. (all related corona Virus) https://jbiomedsci.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12929-020-00695-2

As for the side effects of the vaccine, What are the long term health problems with COVID? Other than ED that the blue pill doesn't fix? https://health.clevelandclinic.org/yes-covid-19-can-cause-erectile-dysfunction/

1 - We'll see. It's still new and drastically untested in humans. There will be no study out there that you can link that changes that. Time going by is the only missing factor at this point.

#2 - Death by words. Good lord man do you actually think I am going to read that?

#3 - Possibly the most pointless post here. A link saying vaccine may also cause ED. I'll add that to my list. I wasn't aware of that one. Thanks!

Blood clots, seizures, myocarditis, Guillain-Barr? Syndrome, Anaphylaxis, and now ED. As of August 25, 2021, VAERS has received 1,377 reports of myocarditis or pericarditis among people ages 30 and younger who received COVID-19 vaccine.

December 14, 2020, through August 30, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 7,218 reports of death (0.0020%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. That is more that have died in my age group since the beginning of the year from contracting the virus.

R2Dawg
09-02-2021, 01:37 PM

Some differences:

1. This is not a vaccine. You still get Covid with the shot.

2. It ain't proven even if FDA approved before any long term effects can be realized. You can't shortcut time. This is an new type drug the MNRA stuff. Extra trials must be had for this.

3. This is a respiratory virus and there has never been a vaccine for one. Smallpox was not respiratory.

4. Smallpox also killed like 30+% of people. 99.9% of people survive Covid and if you take out elderly and those with health issues it is like 99.999%. No need for a vaccine mandate.

If they can pass the mustard from these common sense things then fine go do the vaccine thing. Yeah I had my smallpox vaccine too.

R2Dawg
09-02-2021, 01:41 PM

And another article discussing how they used 2 decades of learnings from SARS and MERS to make the vaccine for COVID.(all related corona Virus) https://jbiomedsci.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12929-020-00695-2

They have worked on SARS vaccines for 6+ decades and never figured it out. They don't know long term effects because it hasn't been long term yet.

Did you know MERS had a 35% fatality rate? Big difference in that and Covid but we didn't act that way with MERS.

StateDawg44
09-02-2021, 03:26 PM
They have worked on SARS vaccines for 6+ decades and never figured it out. They don't know long term effects because it hasn't been long term yet.

Did you know MERS had a 35% fatality rate? Big difference in that and Covid but we didn't act that way with MERS.

What could go wrong?***

SheltonChoked
09-02-2021, 03:39 PM

I think you have SARS confused with something else, SARS wasn't discovered until 2002 and MERS until 2012. I think you mean the mRNA vaccines. In 2018, the issue was lack of funding to get a reliable delivery method. They knew mRNA vaccines were safe, effective, and rapidly deployed since the early 1990's, but not stable (which is why they have to be stored at such low temperatures). That the mRNA degrades so fast is a feature, not a bug.

See below: although some of this is over my head

The use of mRNA has several beneficial features over subunit, killed and live attenuated virus, as well as DNA-based vaccines.
First, safety: as mRNA is a non-infectious, non-integrating platform, there is no potential risk of infection or insertional mutagenesis. Additionally, mRNA is degraded by normal cellular processes, and its in vivo half-life can be regulated through the use of various modifications and delivery methods9,10,11,12. The inherent immunogenicity of the mRNA can be down-modulated to further increase the safety profile9,12,13.
Second, efficacy: various modifications make mRNA more stable and highly translatable9,12,13. Efficient in vivo delivery can be achieved by formulating mRNA into carrier molecules, allowing rapid uptake and expression in the cytoplasm (reviewed in Refs 10,11). mRNA is the minimal genetic vector; therefore, anti-vector immunity is avoided, and mRNA vaccines can be administered repeatedly.
Third, production: mRNA vaccines have the potential for rapid, inexpensive and scalable manufacturing, mainly owing to the high yields of in vitro transcription reactions.

And thankfully MERS onset of symptoms was fast. So isolating those that were symptomatic until they got better or died contained it. That's why the first reactions to COVID was a 2 week lockdown. If MERS had the 3-5 day asymptomatic infectious period, it would be the new Black Death or The Stand.

I read books in college about airborne Marburg or Ebola, that will give you nightmares.

Coach34
09-06-2021, 02:38 PM
At 10:55 am CDT, on August 26, 2021 some asshole posting with your username said this

Yeahhhh- reading comprehension is still not a strength of yours. I told a story about something a friend did. I in no way told people to go do that.

SheltonChoked
09-06-2021, 05:16 PM
Yeahhhh- reading comprehension is still not a strength of yours. I told a story about something a friend did. I in no way told people to go do that.
The only time you talked about how to get IVM, you mentioned buying it at tractor Supply.

If you meant for people to get it from a doctor, why was your example from a feed store?

Stick to bitching about coaches, and pyramid schemes.

Or go back to Yalobusha county

SheltonChoked
09-07-2021, 04:29 PM
Ivermectin makes you sterile...

However, a recent report showed that 85% of all male patients treated with ivermectin in the recent past who went to the laboratory for routine tests were discovered to have developed various forms, grades and degrees of sperm dysfunctions including, low sperm counts, poor sperm morphologies (two heads, Tiny heads Double tails absence of tail?s, Albino sperm calls), azoospermia and poor sperm motility [6]. Several studies done on animals also showed
similar findings [7, 8].