PDA

View Full Version : Mike Leach practice session report wednesday..video

99jc
08-25-2021, 08:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PgshsSRSYI

Love his comment on the drop 8 defenses we face.

Matt3467
08-25-2021, 09:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PgshsSRSYI

Love his comment on the drop 8 defenses we face.

Where can I get a hat like that? I've been looking for one with that logo.

TrapGame
08-25-2021, 09:26 PM
"If drop 8 was this magic bullet I wouldn't even be standing here."

LOL! Nice.

99jc
08-25-2021, 10:00 PM
"If drop 8 was this magic bullet I wouldn't even be standing here."

LOL! Nice.

yeah me thinks we have a game plan for that just need to execute.

Coach34
08-25-2021, 10:08 PM
Sounds like a generic comment for something that kicked his ass last year. It’s not like he was going to admit it gave him problems.

CaptainObvious
08-25-2021, 11:00 PM
Of course last year our 5 couldn?t whoop their 3. In fact at times our 6 couldn?t whoop their 3. 5 guys running routes into specific space, protection and getting the ball to the right spot can and will beat 8 enough to force the other coach to bring 5 eventually. It wasn?t Leach that couldn?t block 3 guys last year, it was the 5 guys up front and an H back or RB. Also sounds like Saturday practice will be a controlled scrimmage, working on situational execution.

Cowbell
08-26-2021, 05:47 AM
The fact he is uptight about the drop 8 is concerning. It reminds me of Moorhead being defensive. Coaches have to take there licks until they can prove otherwise, just like the rest of us.

TrapGame
08-26-2021, 08:12 AM
Sounds like a generic comment for something that kicked his ass last year. It’s not like he was going to admit it gave him problems.

You do realize we forced Georgia out of their drop 8, right?

Coach34
08-26-2021, 08:39 AM
You do realize we forced Georgia out of their drop 8, right?

We still only had about 360 yards vs Georgia

Do you realize that one of worst defenses in SEC history- Mississippi- held us way under their averages?

HancockCountyDog
08-26-2021, 08:48 AM
I want to believe we will run the ball more against 3 man fronts.

Our offense certainly improved down the stretch, though the Vandy and bear game still bother me. Those two teams had historically bad defenses and we punted 13 times in those two games.

TrapGame
08-26-2021, 08:56 AM
We still only had about 360 yards vs Georgia

Do you realize that one of worst defenses in SEC history- Mississippi- held us way under their averages?

Cool.

Still not the point.

Tbonewannabe
08-26-2021, 09:26 AM
Of course last year our 5 couldn?t whoop their 3. In fact at times our 6 couldn?t whoop their 3. 5 guys running routes into specific space, protection and getting the ball to the right spot can and will beat 8 enough to force the other coach to bring 5 eventually. It wasn?t Leach that couldn?t block 3 guys last year, it was the 5 guys up front and an H back or RB. Also sounds like Saturday practice will be a controlled scrimmage, working on situational execution.

Exactly. Not sure you can have a successful offense when you can't block 3 guys with 5-6 especially when you have a true freshman QB.

drummerdawg
08-26-2021, 10:44 AM

Do you realize that if it wasn't for a single absolute freak play where we were going to score a TD but fumbled 6 inches from the endzone that ended up being picked up and run all the way back, State wins 31-24?